How do i Select an A3 Publication to print on 2 A4's???

Hi,

I was just wondering how i would tell Publisher that i want an A3
publication but i want it to print on 2 A4's.

currently, instead of using two A4s which would be perfect size, its using 4
A4's and only printing in the middle orners of the pages. how would i change
that so it only used 2 A4s

Thanks.
0
ell2cool (1)

Elliot wrote:
> I was just wondering how i would tell Publisher that i want an A3
> publication but i want it to print on 2 A4's.
>
> currently, instead of using two A4s which would be perfect size, its using 4
> A4's and only printing in the middle orners of the pages. how would i change
> that so it only used 2 A4s

Change the options in either File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper
(2002/2003) or File > Print Setup (2007). Toggling from portrait to
landscape or vice-versa should reduce it to three pages, and reducing
the margins to zero will bring it down to two pages (BUT you will then
have a gutter down the middle that is not visible, unless your printer
can print borderless).

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

I'd setup a 3 page publication, view, two page spread so you can see both A4
halves when editing. Print pages 2 and three.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Elliot" <ell2cool@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering how i would tell Publisher that i want an A3
> publication but i want it to print on 2 A4's.
>
> currently, instead of using two A4s which would be perfect size, its using 4
> A4's and only printing in the middle orners of the pages. how would i change
> that so it only used 2 A4s
>

> Thanks.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Run report on multi selected records.

print preview #5
Hi For some of excel data the grid lines disappear in print preview though all grid lines get printed when I print. Wondering why that happens? VBA Starter Do you have a coloured fill. If you do gridlines will not show -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "vbastarter" <vbastarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64FFB855-8238-4669-9ABB-9500451DE3F4@microsoft.com... > Hi For some of excel data the grid lines disappear in print preview > though > all grid lines get printed when I ...

When shading cells using the 'pattern' option, they print in grey.
When trying to print a 'pattern' in cell shading, it prints only as grey-scale solids. Do the patterns not print, or is it "averaging" the pattern into a solid? Printer dpi is 600, and appears as a pattern on Preview. ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Error managing public folders need help!
I have 2 Exchange servers my first one which is giving me the problem and my new one which I am moving everything over to so I can get rid of the old server, I added the new server to the Site both 2003 Exchange servers moved the mail boxes now I am having Mail problems sending and receiving and mostly I cant setup the Public folder replication as stated in KB822931 so I can get rid of it. I get this error The operation Failed becuse of a HTTP error 501 (not implemented) ID no:c1030af6 exchange System manager I did everything in KB 839744 twice once with out SP1 and once wiht SP1 an...

Compare 2 rows of data and update the first
I have 2 lists both have the same data in each (account names). Th first list is the master and the second list is a new accounts list. I would like to compare the second list to the first one and if th account is not in the first list then I would like it added to list 1. The second list changes frequently so I am looking to automate thi process. I am able to do vlookups to check for matches but I am unsure of how t perform the additional tasks of updating. Is there a simple solution with formulas or do I need to insert macro/program? thank you for your time and help, Bob -- Message ...

microsoft publication
can it be used to print "program" stlye? where the finished product has text on front, is folded, and has text on both sides on inside paper? thanks for any insight.. Sure, select booklet in the page setup. If you have Publisher 2000 or below, select special fold, then booklet. Some templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=program -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fulcourt" <fulcourt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C761F74-0094-4526-AE3...

Printing #4
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, we have a printer and 4 PC's who are connecting to the printer. One of the PC's has the version 2004 and the other have the version 2008. All the PC's with version 2008 can print of all the printertrays and the pc with version 2004 can only print out tray 3. This is an office problem, because with that pc we can print out all of the tray's when we are using mail/Daylite instead of word/excel. Do someone knows what the problem is? Thanks, Maja The blame for Printing issues of this nature rarely rests with the progr...

Cost of printing a booklet
UK based. Does anyone know an approx cost to get approx 50 page booklet (paperback) published/printed for self use. It would be equivelent to a half size A4 sheet. It would not be elaborate maybe just a reasonable quality picture on the cover and back doesnt have to be glossy. Inside black print only no pictures. thanks There are commercial sites in the UK that will give you a quote, for example: http://www.b2bindex.co.uk/index/Listings/18/page/7/ A Google search http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=uk+commercial+printers&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&a...

Select contact then hangs

Sumif with two criteria #2
I need to add column c if column a and column b both meet my criteria. example A B C 1 X Y 3 2 S Y 1 3 X Y 2 4 X F 3 5 F Y 3 X AND Y 5 On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:06:29 -0800, "danperez@joannstores.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to add column c if column a and column b both meet >my criteria. > >example > A B C >1 X Y 3 >2 S Y 1 >3 X Y 2 >4 X F 3 >5 F ...

Printing sheet to fit paper
I waste a lot of paper trying to print an Excel 2000 sheet on a piece of paper. I don't mind multiple vertical pages, but I can't stand multiple horizontal pages. Is there any trick I can use to find out if my document can fit so I don't waste paper? Print Preview. Howard Brazee wrote: > I waste a lot of paper trying to print an Excel 2000 sheet on a piece of paper. > > > I don't mind multiple vertical pages, but I can't stand multiple horizontal > pages. > > Is there any trick I can use to find out if my document can fit so I don't waste &...

Selecting rows from various sheets

MAPI Spooler error #2
hello: i am having a problem with sending e-mails with my outlook 2000. for some reason the outbox does not seem to send a few e-mails since yesterday. when i click on the selected e-mail it says "can't open this item. the mapi spooler has already begun transmitting this message" all my email settings and internet connection are fine. i also tried to repair the office using the installation cd, but the problem did not go away. the e-mails are being received by people, but the they still appear in my outbox as never being sent? it looks like the spooler grabed the...

can't print in publisher
Whenever I try to print a project, my printer's out of paper light flashes even though I have paper in place. Only happens with publisher, and not in Word, xcel, or any other application? I have tinkered with settings but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks group. Bob Try updating your printer drivers. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bob" <brokerbob51@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:kLT9e.1197$fw2.359@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com... > Whenever I try to print a project, my printer's out of paper light flashes > even though I...

select text in Calendar

Link select with a blast

Public Folder Permissions Trusted Domains
Setup: We have a 4 separate 2000 active directory domains on the same network. One of the servers runs exchange 2000 and hosts the mail for all domains. There are trusts setup between the exchange server domain and each of the other three domains. Mail works fine, we have duplicate accounts on the exchange server for the mailboxes. Here's the problem: There are public folders that we need to add author permissions to for users that login to the other domains, not the exchange server domain. A user in any domain can add a public folder, and then they have the permnissions as owner, b...

Select Case in a Change Event

Automate Email #2
I'm running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003 server. I would like to schedule an automated email that will be send out to the same recipients with the same msg everyday from Mon-Fri in the morning. All I have so far is the following code. How do I tell Outlook to do this automatically every morning? Attribute VB_Name = "Module1" Option Explicit Sub SendMail() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim blRunning As Boolean 'get application blRunning = True On Error Resume Next Set olApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application") If o...

Exchange failover #2
General question: If you have two exchange servers in different sites, and one of the two fails, is it possible to move the mailboxes to the other Exchange server and have the users mailbox reside there? If backups are done daily, could you have the users up an receiving mail with their stores up to the last backup? I have seen third party software that would failover, but it all seems way out of budget for around 200 mailboxes. Any help would be appreciated, or if you know of a thord party product for less than $5,000, I may be interested in that. not possible to do this without...

2-way match formula?
First time on site - please excuse any errors of protocol! I have a 2 dimensional array of elements, all different. I would like to find a single formula that will search the array for designated element and return the column in which it appears. Likewise for the row. So if the array is 2 5 7 6 8 1 The column formula applied to the argument "7" would return 3 and the row formula would return 1. This is tantamount to asking for the MATCH function, but in dimensions. Thanks...Bil -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may try the following array fo...