How do I register a browser to show HTML in Publisher?

When I try to preview my web page in Publisher by useing the menu bar I get
the message "You do not currently have a browser program registered to show
HTML (.HTM) files.

I can't find where to register my browser in any of the pull down menus.

Thanks for your help

Jim
0
jimb100 (1)

How to change file associations in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"jimb100" <jimb100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to preview my web page in Publisher by useing the menu bar I
> get
> the message "You do not currently have a browser program registered to
> show
> HTML (.HTM) files.
>
> I can't find where to register my browser in any of the pull down menus.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Jim

0
jl_paules (2768)

Publisher freezes when Outlook Open
I recently purchased and installed Office 2007 Professional with Outlook Business Contact Manager and when I try to start Publisher with Outlook already open Publisher freezes. If Outlook is not open everything works just fine. Except when I try to email from Publisher it will freeze when Outlook tries to open and send the email. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The program stops responding when you try to open or to save a file in an Office 2002 program, in an Office 2003 program and in an Office 2007 program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313937/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ht...

Publisher very slow.....
I have tried to look through other posts and did what people suggested: turn down acceleration and update video driver. I have Publisher 2002 SP3. Is there any updates that can help me? The file has a small advertisment I made that is 2x2.58 inches with 4 pictures that are all cropped and some text boxes... It takes a long time to load and if I try to move something or select something it takes what seems like a minute before I can work with it. Any ideas??? Did you create this publication in an earlier version of Publisher? WordArt? When You Add WordArt Objects Publisher 2002 Slows D...

How do I save a publisher file to a CD and avoid read only status
I am trying to save a publisher file to a CD RW and it is either auto saving to "read only" or not allowing me to save at all. I have changed the "read only" selection box and it is set NOT to save as "read only". Is there an issue with the type of CD RW disc I am using? I want to be able to take the file with me on a laptop presentation. Thanks! -- Jerry Save the file to the hard drive, copy to the CD, Publisher does not save well to removable media. Anything you transfer to a removable media becomes read only. Copy the file to your laptop drive, the rea...

Transfer HTML emails to computer automaticly?
How do you make Outlook automaticly move the "Inbox on MSN" e-mails into the regular Inbox, with the rest of my e-mails? You can't - you must move them manually. Rules do not work with MSN accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Dyan asked: | How do you make Outlook automaticly move the "Inbox on MSN" e-mails | into the regular Inbox, with the rest of my e-mails? ...

HTML Help Context Sens. Help in Dialogs
Hey folks, I've been able to add context-sensitive HTML Help to an MFC dialog box, but there's an annoying behavior that I'm wondering if there's a workaround for (or if it's a bug). Version is VS2008 (not SP1 beta). If I click the "Help Tool" on a particular button that I've got mapped to an HTML file, the wrong control help ID gets sent to the OnHelpInfo(HELPINFO* pHelpInfo) handler. Visually, when running the dialog, there appears to be a "cursor" of sorts that highlights one button at a time (focus?), and this cursor seems to respond to...

Entourage Not Showing Contacts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am running Entourage 2008 WSE (vr 13.0.3) and Exchange 2007. <br><br>A few weeks ago the exchange server went down for about a day due to a power failure. When it came back online only a few of my contacts would show in Entourage. On my PC at work, they all showed fine. If I empty the cache in my contacts folder I can see that Entourage sees all the contacts (the progress bar says &quot;1/168&quot;, &quot;2/168&quot; and so on) but when its done syncing only about...

How do I get my publisher 2003 documents to print to the edge of .
How can I get documents to print to the edge of a page in Publisher 2003? I want my picture to bleed to the edge and have set all gaps to 0. Yet I still get a big white border around each side of the page as opposed to the graphics printing to the edge. Ple Is your printer capable of doing that? Not all are. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Macey" <Macey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4FA27CF-D2F2-47E7-B35D-D100ABF3B70A@microsoft.com... > How can I get documents to print to the edge of a page in Publisher 2003? > I > want my pi...

ActiveX Web Browser
I have a product catalog table with url's refering to products images, e.g. http://servername/filename.jpg I use a form with the ActiveX Web Browser to view these images with the browser.navigate method. Some of the images i want to store locally, i.e. as the browser's Page.Save as... command. Is there a way to do this programatically, i.e. a webbrowser.save as command or assign the the current document to a File object? Thanks Check out the URLDownloadToFile API. Randy Birch has an example at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/internet/urldownloadtofile.htm although all he's show...

Label Control Doesn't HTML-Encode?
I'm using a GridView control with a TemplateField column. It works fine except I see the text is not HTML-encoded. Here's the column template: <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="ActTitle"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:HyperLink ID="lnkActivity" runat="server" > <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("ActTitle") %>'></asp:Label> </asp:HyperLink> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateField> When editing GridView co...

Cannot open Publisher file #2
I created a newsletter in Publisher last week and went to open it yesterday to finish it, but I keep getting a message saying Publisher cannot open the file. I have been working on it all week and had no problems, but suddenly it won't open. I haven't a clue as to what is wrong with the file or what could have happened. I use Publisher 2000 right now and have never had this happen before. I can't even find any backup for the file, which I usually have. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what caused it? If I have to recreate this whole thing I am going to h...

Showing HTML in email not working????
I am getting emails that are html but outlook wont display them as it should. It shows the code not the actual email. I tried going to format and then down to html as help told me to do but that html option isnt availible. So i cant select it. Any ideas? Chris >I am getting emails that are html but outlook wont >display them as it should. It shows the code not the >actual email. I tried going to format and then down to >html as help told me to do but that html option isnt >availible. So i cant select it. > >Any ideas? > >Chris Im having exact same p...

MOUS Expert Certification
Hello, all, I am working on preparing for my MOUS Expert Certification on Excel, and was wondering if anyone knew of any no-cost online sources for information/practice tests/training, etc. Specifically, I have yet to find an intelligible description of what is meant in the study outline by 'HTML Round Tripping'. I imagine it may be as simple as just saving as an HTML format file, then retrieving back into Excel with data intact, but have yet to find any books or online sites with a definitive take on exactly what is meant by the term. Also, if I want to query on an external Excel d...

Publisher 2007 Merge Print Screen
This only happens in Publisher 2007. I do merges: in Excel, in Word, & in Publisher. When the "print" screen comes up in Publisher, the screen is so large, I have to push up as far as I can, and there's just a sliver of the print button on the bottom - can't even see the "print" word on the button. However, my cursor does react with it, so I do print successfully. I just would like to know if there's a way to make this one screen smaller. There's no arrows at any of the corners, so I can't squeeze it down. Thank you! lewzan wrote: > When the...

Show average discount on chart
Hello, I've currently got a pivot table with information in this format: Product x Country Net value Discount x 90 10% y 285 5% z 196 2% Total 571 4.8% The chart is showing the countries x, y and z in the x-Axis (primary) and the total net value (primary) and discounts (secondary) in the y-Axis. My net values are displayed as columns, my discounts as dots. I would like to display the average discount 4.8% as ...

Publisher
How do I insert files into files. Stated otherwise, insert, import, or append one Publisher file into another Publisher file? There is the copy/paste method. You can try this: http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Michael Mills" <MichaelMills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E7D97A1-4E65-4CB9-9C08-578AFC6DF98D@microsoft.com... > How do I insert files into files....

My MS Publisher 2002 booklet passes printers OK
And I mean the official printing company who will print out the booklet for the reunion. Yippppeee I took a CD of what I have and they could open the file. Whew. Just wanted everyone here to know I appreciated the help you gave me along the way. AnnE in MN Good news, AnnE, wish we could take a look at it. Maybe you can convert it to a PDF and put it on a web site. Thanks for your update, it is great to know. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AnnE" <AnnE@spam.proof.com> wrote in me...

Escrow Payments showing as an Expense
I am using Money HB 2008 and I have an investment property and I pay the taxes and insurance thru my mortgage payment. I therefore created a separate escrow account and then as part of the monthly payment of the mortgage I also show a transfer of the taxes and insurance into this escrow account. The problem I have is that when I run any reports this transfer does not show up as an expense but it should since I have really paid the money to the mortgage company (even though the mortgage company has not paid the money to the appropriate places). Can anyone help me with this so my repor...

Microsoft Publisher #2
Trying to open email attachment (newsletter) created with Mircosoft Publisher. File 'saves' from attachment to 'Downloadw' but will not open in Publisher. Message reads "Publisher cannot open file" with an 'okay' button. Also, unable to print that screen to send to original sender. Are the versions of Publisher the same or is your version a later version? Are you running that garbage software Symantec Norton AV? -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Is the attachment a .pub file? -- JoAnn Paules M...

how can I tell which license a RMS register used? and returning the same item more than once ?
I have 4 licenses and due to hardware problems and rebuilt machines I have lost track of which machines used which licenses. How can I determine that? Also how do I move a license? The software doesn't list any numbers to contact MS or even any suggestions on what to do it just keeps asking for a valid license key. I noticed today that it is possible to return the same item more than once. Is there any way to prevent that? Thank you ...

Konica Printer Problem in Publisher
Hello, I have a Konica 7075 IP-601 printer on our network. At random times, users cannot print from within Microsoft Publisher to just this particular printer. Here are some facts about this problem: - They can print Publisher documents to any other printer - They can print from any other application to the Konica - The problem occurs identically on each users' computer - Two of the users' computers have had their PC's totally reloaded recently, and the problem occurred both before and after the reloading - Before the reloading, the two users were using Publisher 2002 and...

Data Validation drop down not showing and Formula Auditing bar greyed out
Good afternoon, I've created a spreadsheet that has multiple Validated cells. Each of these cells is validated using a list, with "In-cell Dropdown" Checked. However the drop down is not showing. The cell is still being validated as I cannot enter a value other than what is in the list. Also, on the formula auditing bar, the Trace Precedents, Remove Precedents, Trace Dependants, Remove Dependants, Remove all arrows and Trace Error buttons are all greyed out. I've checked that the sheets and workbook are not protected and as far as I can tell it has happened between file ...

How do I get Publisher 2003 to have same wordart as Publish 2000?
I like the wordart in Publisher 2000, I don't like wordart in Publisher 2003. Is there a was I can have wordart behave the same as in 2000 in Publisher 2003? You can download the compatibility utility here. When you want to use it, insert, object, scroll down to WordArt 3.2 Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=897aa11b-a37d-4586-a1a7-54bbea375ae2&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jenenglish" <jenenglish@discussions...

Publisher Format Conversion
I have created a project for someone and they are on a mac, but I will be leaving here and they will need to be able to keep and update the project as they need to. How can I get this to them in publisher on my PC laptop so they can function on a mac? There is no Mac version of Publisher and I don't know of any other program that can edit a .pub file. You'd be better off finding out what programs you have in common and do a copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Hillary" <Hillary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:683B4B31...

How to read contents of html table with .net?
I have a need to read the contents of an html table on a remote web page into a variable. I guess this is called screen scraping but not sure. I'm not sure where to start or what the best practices are to accomplish this. For instance; I have a healthcare app that need to check a gov't we page for a user's license no# periodically. There is no login and I can put the user info in the request URL no problem but not sure how to read the response data in the tables. What is the namespace and class(s) I should be looking at? Nothing jumped out at me under System.Web. Thank...

why does publisher change the font when i paste from word?
I have a text box in a Word document containing text in Arial 26pt. I copy the box and paste it into a Publisher document but now the text is Garamond 26pt. Why does it do this and can I make it paste literally what I copied? It would only take a minute to highlight the text and change it to Arial. It could be the copying of the box, what happens if you copy only the text? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "IanMM" <IanMM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76FCC2EF-47C9-4290-95A9-61EDF912...