How do I put a large (200 plus rows) table into Publisher

Have a large excel membership roster (200+) and have tried to put it into MS
Publisher 2003 as a landscape table.  I've parsed the list into segments less
than 112 rows, but when it pastes it exceeds the page size 8.5 x11, and does
not flow like a text box.

Is there any way to do this, or will I have to reconstruct the 70 page
document into a MS Word document?

Richard
0
RoyRetreat (12)

Pasting to Rows with with text only
How can I tell Excel to paste data in column A, but only to those row that contain data? I know there is a way, but how? Thanxs in advance... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: - copy and paste your data (including formulas) - select column A and hit F5 - choose 'Special' and check 'formulas' - hit 'DEL' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > How can I tell Excel to paste data in column A, but only to those rows > that contain data? I know there is a way, but how? > > Thanxs in advance.... > > > --- > Message ...

Publisher 2000 #32
I have a really nice picture I would like to have put in the background and insert a poem on top of it. I would like the picture softer/lighter but still with the original colors. How do I do that? And when I insert the poem on top of it how do I get the picture to show through? Do you have an image editing program? You will get better results, however, View, Go to background (ctrl+m) insert your picture, select the picture, format menu, click recolor picture, click color, fill effects. Experiment to see if you get the effect you want. When you are finished, go to foreground (ctr...

Why is Publisher crashing when I select Print Preview?
I've used Print Preview before, but now the whole program closes when I select it. It doesn't make a difference whether I select it on the toolbar or from the dropdown menus. Any thoughts. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Leah S-W" <Leah S-W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B027FA0-7425-4CF9-94BE-0CA15A05FF45@microsoft.com... > I've used Print Preview before, but now the ...

How do I keep graph "data table" formats in separate excel workboo
I have 1 master file that contains all the details to create various graphs. I would like to have these graphs included in various other excel files. When I copy the tab with the graph from the original workbook into a new excel workbook, the "data table" that is shown with the graph loses its format (ie dollars and percentage formats get lost). Is there a way to retain the formats of the "data table" without having to copy and maintain the source data in each of the new excel workbooks? The goal is to have graphs in each of the new excel workbooks get updated ...

Excel: Repeating Row 1 Content at top of all printed pages
I see in the Setup - Sheet's Tab you can select Row and column headings to be printed, but that prints the litteral headings such as A, B, C and 1, 2, 3 I need for have the content that I have named my columns reprinted on the top of each page so that users of my printed spreadsheet don't have to flip back to page 1 see what the titile of a certain column is to understand the data in a certain cell in page 3, etc. of the worksheet in printed format. I'm familiar with the freeze pane issue so you can see the title cells when scrolling the worksheet - that's not my issue -...

how to key in one table and show in another tables in Access 2003
I have many tables how can I link them together and as I type certain information in the master show in the other tables. You should not duplicate data in different tables. This constitutes redundancy and leaves the database open to the risk of inconsistent data. Tables should be related to each other by a foreign key column or columns in one referencing a primary key column or columns in another. Non-key columns should only be in one table. The process of eliminating redundancy in tables is known as 'normalization'. Here's a brief description of how it works: Normali...

Copying matched criteria plus relevant columns to new worksheet
I want to use code in a macro to search for criteria in a worksheet which allows the matched data to be copied (along with other relevant columns) to another worksheet in the same file. Would this involve some sort of loop? Any help apreciated. Thanks in advance, Matt there are several ways to do it. if you want to copy a hundred cells for three columns every time something in row 3 is matched somehting like the following could be used. sub try() tar=1 ' target column in sheet 2 for c = 1 to 34 step 3 ' this will be the look up column in sheet 1 if sheets("Sheet1&quo...

auto table of contents in publisher??
Is there the functionality to create a TOC in publisher that can be linked to Heading styles or something like is avail. in MS Word. thanks in advance Scott scott wrote: > Is there the functionality to create a TOC in publisher > that can be linked to Heading styles or something like is > avail. in MS Word. > > thanks in advance > > Scott Nope. No, create it in Word or do it manually which really is the answer if you want a top class job. -- ...

"Publisher has detected a problem in the file" error message 11009
"Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. To protect your computer, Publisher will not open the file." "Was this information helpful?" What? What information? Four days working on a brochure and now I can't open it! Any suggestions or places to start? Note possible related event. This occurred after deleting McAfee Security software, and the file has internal hyperlinks (hyperlinks to pages within document" Do you know anyone else with Publisher? Send it to them and see if they can open it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [P...

Tables #2
A Table has 2 columns and 5 rows. How can I make the 3ed row down have only 1 column? In other words, how do I eliminate the division between the 2 columns in row 3? Or is this possible? I suppose I could have three separate tables stacked on top of each other. Create your table in Word and bring it over into Pub. BTW - will you be at National Seminar in October? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "garnettmcd" <garnettmcd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E28490-0884-4460-91DB-5D073A99F161@microsoft.com... >A Table has 2 columns and 5 row...

Pivot Table Source file
I have been doing VBA in Excel for years, but have never done anything with Pivot Tables. I was given a spreadsheet that has 4 pivot tables which grab data from our main system (AS/400). How do I find what files are being used when the P/T's are refreshed? Thanks for any help. -Paul B. You may be able to select a PT, then show the PT wizard. Then click on the Back button to see the settings. This may not apply to you, but when I did stuff like this, I'd have a text file created from the AS/400. Then I'd import that data into excel and do all the manipulation from that impor...

Fill date series in table
I have an attendance sheet that 1 day per week. I want to extend a series across the top row. (I.E. Jan 1, Jan 8, Jan 15, Jan 22, etc.). The sheets are formatted as tables. When I grab the handle to copy the cells it will only copy, not fill the series. How can I get a weekly series? In A1 enter: 1/1/2010 In B1 enter: =A1+7 and copy across -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 If you put Jan 1 in the first cell, Jan 8 in cell next to it and then select **both** of these cells... you can now copy this selection across the row and the series will fill in automatically for...

Delete all blank rows in sheet?
Hello! Many moons ago, Gord Dibben posted this step as a reply to my "how do I remove all blank columns" question for Excel 2002. Highlight a column....Edit>Go To>Special>Blanks>OK. Delete>Entire Row. Now I am using Excel 2003 and I want to delete all blank rows and columns in a sheet. The above method does not work. Once I highlight a column or row and click on Edit>Go To>Special>Blanks>OK, then click Edit>Delete>Entire Row, it only deletes the row I had highlighted. I want to delete EVERY blank row in the sheet, since there are many gaps in the ...

how do I put a temporary hold on seasonal transactions?
I use MS Money for my checking account and billing reminders. It automaticly reminds me about regularly scheduled bill and deposits and will red flag an item until I pay it or record the deposit. That works great for recording my paycheck and paying the telephone and electric bills. The question is how do I put a temporary hold on seasonal transactions without deleting the account permenently? For example I have a lawn service that comes and mows the lawn from spring through the end of summer, then he comes once to rake up the leaves at the end of fall. I will not see him all Winter. He...

How do you view a document that was done in publisher without hav
How do you view a document that was done in publisher if you do not have publisher or you have an older version than what it was designed in? Is there a reader file for this? no you could output the file to a pdf if you have Acrobat distiller/writer or use CutePDF or PrimoPDF "Becky" <Becky @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4409C440-727A-4988-9614-E04DB27CBE80@microsoft.com... | How do you view a document that was done in publisher if you do not have | publisher or you have an older version than what it was designed in? Is | there a reader file for t...

Vlookup but two rows below
Hi, I have a requirement to extract some data which under normal circumstances would be ease as the formula =VLOOKUP(C2,$R$12:$T$1010,3,0) would return the correct result if R12 contained 301 and T12 contained XYZ i.e. XYZ would be returned. However, I want to return the contents of cell T14 which is always 2 rows below the match in column R. Appreciate any help. Ta, Rob ...

importing a large word document into Publisher XP
I am having a horrible time trying to figure out how to import a 24 page word document into a booklet format. I have been trying for two days to no avail. Please help me, this really shouldn't be this difficult! On your booklet's first page arrange the margins, create a text box to fit within your margin, with the text box selected, right-click, click change text, text file, browse to your Word file. Publisher will automatically create text boxes and pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "theworkin...

remove blank rows
my excel has 20,000 rows. some of them are blank. how can i a) copy the non-blank rows in a different sheet b) delete the blank rows from the original sheet to get around problem (b) if i filter on non-blank rows and try to delete them, i get an error "The selection is too complex...." Can you sort by a column that is only empty when the row is empty? If you need to put the data back in it's original order, use a helper column directly to the right of your data. Put =row() in row one of that column drag it down the column. Select that column and edit|copy edit|paste special...

do not chart rows with no information
How do I get a chart that does not include rows of data that are empty. Example: OTD Date Day Abs Acts OT Acts Actuals TP Actuals 02/08/10 Mon 24 0 160 0 02/09/10 Tues 24 1 161 0 02/10/10 Wed 15 1 170 0 02/11/10 Thurs 10 1 175 0 02/12/10 Fri 31 1 153 0 02/13/10 Sat 65 65 0 02/14/10 Sun 02/15/10 Mon 27 0 157 0 02/16/10 Tues 8 1 177 0 02/17/10 Wed 18 1 167 0 02/18/10 Thurs 11 1 174 0 02/19/10 Fri 24 1 161 0 02/20/10 Sat 35 35 0 02/21/10 Sun 02/22/10 Mon 27 0 157 0 I do not want to include any of the "Sun" data in my chart. Thanks, -- clcnewtoaccess...

can i setup if, then statements to change the color of a row
I would like to use if and then statements to recognize P, O, or C if the cell has P, O, or C I want the row to change colors Blue, Green, Red Is this possible Use Conditional Formatting with the three conditions. Regards Trevor "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B02B64-74A1-4C2D-9E4D-BB141F26994D@microsoft.com... >I would like to use if and then statements to recognize P, O, or C > if the cell has P, O, or C I want the row to change colors Blue, Green, > Red > Is this possible Select a row or range in a row. Then assuming A1 i...

How to Select large amount of data in a colum that equals column from another table.
Ive got a huge table and I want to select the data in one column that is equal to that of a column in another table? is there an easy way to do this? Thanks One way, if you know the parameters of the original, is to type the references in the name box and hit <Enter>. For example, click in the name box and enter: E1:E65000 Then <Enter>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wro...

how to subtract one row from the other?
how to subtract one row from the other? Use a simple formula like =A1-A2 Copy this formula to the right as far as you need to go. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "prasad" <prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADC60A5-9995-4E52-9A58-7A7FAFC8C69E@microsoft.com... > how to subtract one row from the other? ...

Project Accounting Tables
Does anyone know where I can find a chart showing all of the PA tables, the fields contained, and perhaps their relationships to other tables---even non-PA tables? I have looked at the Standard GP SDK which is helpful for everything except PA and the PASDK which is not very thorough. Any other ideas would be extremely appreciated! Thanks! Brigitte Brigitte, You can get the table information online within Great Plains at Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables - click the three dot button - Select Product = Project Accounting and Series = Project. The PA SDK should be availa...

Money Plus (2008) Problems
I downloaded the trial version of Money Plus (2008) over Money 2005. It seemed to install okay...but now two major problems: 1. Account update hangs on "Update in Progress." No way to rid it. Nothing has been updated since installing (earlier today). 2. After shutting down Money Plus, I try to restarting it, I get an error message "Money already running." No way to clear this error message but to reboot my system. Any thoughts...similar problems...fixes? Thanks. re #2, you can use Task Manager to find the running MS Money process and kill it via there without reb...

How do I print one page only in a Publisher catalog merge?
I'm doing a catalog merge in Publisher for the first time and want to print only the one sheet with the address on each. Does anyone know how to print one sheet only in a catalog merge? I'm desperate for help! In step 3(step 5 in 2003), create a new publication, select the page, print current page. Not sure this is the answer you are looking for. You don't need to save the new publication, but it is a way to print one page. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "woodlandsec" <woodlandsec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48...