How do I paste or crop a photo into a cirlce in publisher?

This seems like a very basic thing to do. All other layout programs that I
have worked with will do this. Please help if you can.
0
artlyn18 (1)

You've committed the usual sin, Publisher version number omitted.

Here's how in Publisher 2000.

Creating Oval pictures in Publisher 2000 by Brian Kvalheim

1. Open Microsoft Publisher 2000
2. Go to Insert > Picture > New Drawing
3. On the bottom toolbar, go to AutoShapes > Basic Shapes > Oval
4. Draw an Oval in the drawing box that is shown
5. Right Click on the Oval and go to Format AutoShape
6. Color and Lines Tab > Fill Color change to Fill Effects
7. In the Fill Effects dialog, go to the Picture Tab > Select Picture
8. Click Ok > Click Ok then click anywhere in the background of your
publication

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"artlyn18" <artlyn18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This seems like a very basic thing to do. All other layout programs that I
> have worked with will do this. Please help if you can.

0
Retired (261)
10/7/2004 4:10:03 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Don
Schmidt <Retired@Engineer.PNB>!"...
> Creating Oval pictures in Publisher 2000 by Brian Kvalheim

Skip Step 2 to do it in Publisher 2002 and later.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

MS Publisher - Disappearing Text
Help! I created a one page document and printed a proof yesterday. Today I opened it to make changes and some of the text is missing. Many of the titles I created have disappeared along with some smaller text. The text boxes are still in the document; however, they do not contain text and I am not able to type text into them either. I verified that the text color is not white. What would make some text disappear while other text remains? Why Am I not able to simply click in each text box and re-type the text? Any ideas? I apologize for this very simplistic question, but have you ...

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

saving in publisher 2000
I have been trying to download my project on a cd to take to a company for copies but after download I can not open due to it says it is a readable file only. I have gone back and unchecked the readable file only and still am not able to read please can someone help with this? papeco wrote: > I have been trying to download my project on a cd to take to a company for > copies but after download I can not open due to it says it is a readable file > only. I have gone back and unchecked the readable file only and still am not > able to read please can someone help with this? ...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

How do I create Circular crop ?
I have an 8 X 10 photo that I would like to crop by using a 5 inch diameter circular crop. How can I do this? Arvin Wilson wrote: > I have an 8 X 10 photo that I would like to crop by using a 5 inch diameter > circular crop. How can I do this? Use a draw program to crop the graphic such that the top of the (square )image coincides with the top of where you want the circle to be (and the same with the left, right and bottom). Then create a circle in Publisher; right-click > Format AutoShape > Fill > Fill Effects > Picture. Select the graphic you just created. -- Ed B...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

Is it possible to password protect a publisher document?

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

I cannot import a word document in to Publisher
"mcattlin" <mcattlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB9A5204-71E7-4B21-8686-F09F7BA1404A@microsoft.com... > Well gee you may need an import license or something. Or if you want some help a few details IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE would be nice. Clues!!! Error Message Pub Version? Word Version? OS Version? Error Message? Method:- Copy paste? Error Message? -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? I can. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranti...

publishing a Publisher doc to my website
I'm trying to post a brochure to my website, but when I do I can only see one page-- I know there is a way to fix that, but I can't remember how. Also when it saves as web page all of the pictures shift-- any suggestions? For best results and proper usage you need to post web publication topics to our webdesign forum. We have 4 forums in Publisher to address it's multi-use functionality. Q 1 - you didn't upload the web publications sub-folder. Common newbie mistake covered on the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 . How to publish (correctly) inst...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

Publisher 2000 Blue and Purple Screen
Does anyone on here have a blue and purple screen when opening a new document? Thanks, Lynne Change your Windows colour scheme. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Wayne <xeroid@kos.net>... > Does anyone on here have a blue and purple screen when opening a new > document? See http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ B...

Publisher won't print business cards correctly on any paper I use
I have to say I hate Vista and Office 2007. I bought a new computer and this came standard on the computer. I am trying to print my business cards out and I have done previously in Publisher 2003. Never had a problem in 2003 printing anything. In Publisher 2007 the business cards come out printing outside of the perforated areas, to high, off center, etc. I have tried manually going in and adjusting the paper settings and nothing has been successful. I have wasted tons of paper, ink and now I am frustrated. It should be as easy as click print and get your business cards, after a...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...

conditional format is lost in publishing to html
I noticed that excel warns some formating may be lost if interactivity is checked when you publish as a webpage. I need for cells to change color to match acid or base readings. Is there a way that the conditional formatting can be preserved while keeping the interactivity for students who'll use the worksheet? Thanks! ...

Copy and Paste in Excel, copies cell and formula, but shows same v
Excel 2003 with 2007 converters installed. Not constant problem, but have seen it once before, can't remember how to stop it happening. I have a bank forecast which I have a running total column, against a individual line item list. Noddy stuff. Problem. If I make changes to the forecast I need to recopy down the running total formula to refresh the running total when it doesn't pick up the additions, usual when a cut has been pasted in. Whilst it allows me to dragdown or copy and paste the formula and the new cells take on the correct line/column numbers to do thei...

No paste as CSV option in the Paste Special selection
A client of mine is running Excel 2000. When they select Paste Special, CSV is not available as an option. The data she's copying is not the problem since I have tested it here. Any comments/suggestions?? Thanks Mike When you copy, you're copying raw data, not a file. If you want to convert XL data to .CSV, you need to take the data to a separate workbook and do a File, Save As, and select CSV. ...

Multi-Page table pasting as just one page
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm working with multi-page documents containing tables - once those documents are done the finished tables on them must be copy/pasted into another master document, containing many multi-page tables. The problem is that sometimes (maybe 25% of the time) a multi-page table that I copy from one document pastes into the master document as just one page. <br><br>The pasted 1pg table is hard to describe - the top of the table reaches far above and below the page (into the margins, right up against the ed...

Paste to adjacent cells
Hi All If I have Data in cells A1 to A10 or C1 to C23 etc and I want to paste more Data along side, to B1 to B10 or D1 to D23. Even better would be if I could paste to either side of the data. Is there away to do this without having to highlight those cells, this would save me allot of time. Thanks in Advance Dave, When you paste, it pastes the amount of stuff you've copied. If you've copied 10 vertical cells, that's what it's gonna paste. You need only select the top-left-most cell before you do a paste. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period ne...

Viewing Publisher 2003 files in 2002
I need to be able to view a template created in Publisher 2003. I only have 2002. Is there a viewer or anything like that available I can download? Hi Terrie (terrieslists@prodigy.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I need to be able to view a template created in Publisher 2003. I || only have 2002. Is there a viewer or anything like that available I || can download? Publisher 2003 and 2002 are the same file format, so you can open them in either application. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting ...

why can't I receive photos by e-mail?
Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their message is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem might be? "manxie" <manxie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9585CC5-80CB-4AB1-A93B-79BC98B1884B@microsoft.com... > Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their > message > is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem > might be? You need to get them to tell you what the error message is and post that here... Their message is returned with a n...