I received an e-mail with a pub2003 file and am unable to open it with
pub2000. Please help
0
jeanrix (1)

Contact the person who created the file and ask them to save it as a Pub
2000 file. There is nothing *you* can do other than to upgrade to Pub 2003.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jeanrix" <jeanrix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I received an e-mail with a pub2003 file and am unable to open it with
> pub2000. Please help

---

jl_amerson (3088)
9/15/2004 2:48:39 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from JoAnn
Paules <jl_amerson@hotmail.com>!"...
> Contact the person who created the file and ask them to save it as a
> Pub 2000 file. There is nothing *you* can do other than to upgrade to
> Pub 2003.

Or 2002 ;-)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
9/15/2004 6:12:43 AM
Send the file along and I will covert it for you. Remove "my" to reply...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"jeanrix" <jeanrix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I received an e-mail with a pub2003 file and am unable to open it with
> pub2000. Please help

0
gsauer (5094)
9/15/2004 9:39:28 AM
True - Like I said earlier, I tend to assume they can use 2003 unless
otherwise specified.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

>A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from JoAnn
> Paules <jl_amerson@hotmail.com>!"...
>> Contact the person who created the file and ask them to save it as a
>> Pub 2000 file. There is nothing *you* can do other than to upgrade to
>> Pub 2003.
>
> Or 2002 ;-)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

---

jl_amerson (3088)

Viewing text 2003 vs. 2007
I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text. When I select a cell I can read all the text in the formula bar. But I sent it to someone with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible. Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text? -- Matt S ask the person to double click on the cell or at the top, widden the area where you see the text. If the text had a control break (alt+enter) then it may have stacked the data and they are looking at only the first line "Matt S" wrote: > I have a 2003 worksheet with ma...

Outlook 2000 crashes computer
My operating system is 98. I just installed software for SBC Yahoo DSL After the installation, Outlook 2000 crashes my computer when I attempt to send an e-mail with an attachment. It works fine if there is not an attachment. >-----Original Message----- >My operating system is 98. I just installed software for >SBC Yahoo DSL After the installation, Outlook 2000 crashes >my computer when I attempt to send an e-mail with an >attachment. It works fine if there is not an attachment. >. > Dan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My operating system...

Execute .bat file in the same process
Platform: VC7, Windows 2000 Hi, Is it possible to execute .bat file in the same process. My requirement is that I want to set environment variable value in my process using .bat file. If not, what is alternate way. Regards Vijay You can use the SetEnvironmentVariable API call. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "vijay" <vijaysingh@abosoftware.com> wrote in message news:uogHjM3hFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Platform: VC7, Windows 2000 > > > > Hi, > > > > Is it possible to execute .bat fi...

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

On the way to 2003
I'm about to install a new Exchange 2003 server. My current Exchange 5.5 server still sits in our nearly-abandoned NT4 domain. Users are already logging on to the 2003 domain while their mailboxes remain in Exchange 5.5. This is just how things have worked out. But now, the question is moving mailboxes after installing Exchange 2003 in the Active Directory domain from the NT4 domain. My plan is to create a new Organization with the 2003 install. Is the easiest, least painful way to move things at this point to create ..pst files out of the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes and put them in Ex...

Publisher 2000

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

Conversion from Publisher to Word
Hi; Can anyone tell me how to convert a Publisher document to Word? I don't have Publisher and my girlfriend's resume was created in it. I tried using Word 2000 to change it, but didn't see any options in the pull down menu for Publisher. If you don't have Publisher, you are hosed. There are no other programs that will open a Publisher file. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open a Publisher file. There are no Publisher viewers for any version available. -- ...

opening links in outlook

Outlook 2003 / No line wrapping
Hi, first of all: Couldn't find a solution after doing some googling. My problem is: Automatic line wraps don't happen. No, it's certainly not the "Remove extra line breaks" option being checked. I write my emails in plain/text, the only line breaks that appear in a message's source code are those inserted manually. The default setting of wrapping lines at 76 characters is set and I don't see any option to completely disable / enable line wrapping, so I'm a bit at a loss. Yes, it's definetly not a problem of the (different) MUAs used for viewing these em...

office prof 2003 upgrade
I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS website. Thanks for your help! Andrew wrote: >I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 >upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. >How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS >website. Thanks for your help! > > You may need this patc...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

OFFICE 2003 02-12-10
ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS NOT ABLE TO OPEN EXCEL ANYMORE. INSTEAD OF OPENING THE PROGRAM, IT WENT TO WINDOWS INSTALLER AND JUST STOPPED.I REMOVED OFFICE 2003 FROM THE HARDDRIVE AND THEN REINSTALLED IT FROM THE DISK. HOWEVER, I AM GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE: "ERROR 1304 - ERROR WRITING TO FILE: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICEII\1033\XLINTL32.DLL VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT DIRECTORY " i WAS ABLE TO INSTALL "WORD" AND "OUTLOOCK" SEPARASTE;Y. BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL "EXCEL" I GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. WHAT CAN I DO TO...

active sync and exchange 2003
Hi, I am having major problems with getting active sync working. Our OWA folder in https://mail.domain.com/exchange 2003 is configured to require SSL and is Forms based with basic authentication. So I went the following location http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=817379 and created another virtual directory called /ExchangeOMA as the microsoft KB aritical instructs. SSL is also set to required on https://mail.domain.com/oma and that works just fine. When I go to http://mail.domain.com/exchangeOMA it looks like it trying to come up with outlook web access but all the icons are ...

Need an open house sign in sheet

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Outlook 2003 stops writing
when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system and interrups writing for a few seconds. The marker disappears and there is no memory of the keys used. It happens both with the built-in keyboard on my laptop as well as when I use an externa keyboard. Vista Premium. -- gunsan That is more likely to be a problem with win, or your hardware "gunsan" <gunsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D556-4482-4179-B34A-8B97BB8E7B3D@microsoft.com... > when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system > and > ...

Publishing CRM Web
I have a client, customer, that I service for their network & IT administration of Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and about 15 workstations on a LAN and two remote offices with 4 remote clients that currently vpn in to work. About a year ago, we contracted with outsource consultant to install MS CRM 1.2 on the small business server. A few months ago, said consultant upgraded the customer to CRM 3.0. The customer purchased a new Windows Server 2K3 R2, which I installed and setup as a member server in the current domain. I then installed the necessary components for consu...

cannot open excel file from outlook