How do I mix text justification within the same line of text?

The paragraph format seems to affect the entire line of text, I want the
first word in the line to be justified to the left and the second word of
that same line to be justifed to the right (margins)
0
line (5)

Tabs

Create or modify a tab stop
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051150711033.aspx
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Lost in the first line" <Lost in the first line@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:75BA686A-3CA7-4F13-B33E-2F8771C1E111@microsoft.com...
> The paragraph format seems to affect the entire line of text, I want the
> first word in the line to be justified to the left and the second word of
> that same line to be justifed to the right (margins)

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/31/2006 3:28:13 PM
Thanks for responding, Mary, the tab set function does not allow me to set
exactly on the right margin.  I want the text to justify to the right margin.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Tabs
>
> Create or modify a tab stop
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051150711033.aspx
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Lost in the first line" <Lost in the first line@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:75BA686A-3CA7-4F13-B33E-2F8771C1E111@microsoft.com...
> > The paragraph format seems to affect the entire line of text, I want the
> > first word in the line to be justified to the left and the second word of
> > that same line to be justifed to the right (margins)

Use a table.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

message news:5B79A3A7-67FB-442B-8E81-45FCC5AC2092@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for responding, Mary, the tab set function does not allow me to set
> exactly on the right margin.  I want the text to justify to the right margin.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Tabs
>>
>> Create or modify a tab stop
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051150711033.aspx
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Lost in the first line" <Lost in the first line@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message news:75BA686A-3CA7-4F13-B33E-2F8771C1E111@microsoft.com...
>> > The paragraph format seems to affect the entire line of text, I want the
>> > first word in the line to be justified to the left and the second word of
>> > that same line to be justifed to the right (margins)

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/31/2006 4:03:01 PM
Thanks for your help, I will just align two text boxes at each margin and
split the text between them.  I was hoping Microsoft had a line based
justification tool like Corel that I might have missed.  When you let
Microsoft convert a Corel document it seems to use the tab set, if anyone is
interested. (Word will let you place the right tab set directly on the right
margin, Publisher resists)

"Lost in the first line" wrote:

> Thanks for responding, Mary, the tab set function does not allow me to set
> exactly on the right margin.  I want the text to justify to the right margin.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > Tabs
> >
> > Create or modify a tab stop
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051150711033.aspx
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "Lost in the first line" <Lost in the first line@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:75BA686A-3CA7-4F13-B33E-2F8771C1E111@microsoft.com...
> > > The paragraph format seems to affect the entire line of text, I want the
> > > first word in the line to be justified to the left and the second word of
> > > that same line to be justifed to the right (margins)

Session mix-up issue
We ran into a strange issue 2 days back in our client's production environment. A remote user, logs in and finds out that the data available in the web page are from a different user. The client environement is having ..net 3.5 running on Windows 2003 server connected to an Oracle 10g DB. The web server is on NLB and in a DMZ. The sessions are maintained In proc. We analysed the IIS logs and the network logs for that duration and were not able to conclude if this was a security issue or a genuine application related issue. Request your inputs in solving this issue. Ben...

Auto-adjust cell height to accommodate contained text.
Some cells contain text that is concatenated from several cell references. How do I automatically adjust the cell height to accommodate the resulting content? Select all (ALT+A) and double click on the boundary between 2 rows. This will autoadjust all rows to appropriate height. After that, it should autoadjust after each change made. - Search "PETBerkeley" wrote: > Some cells contain text that is concatenated from several cell references. > How do I automatically adjust the cell height to accommodate the resulting > content? =?Utf-8?B?U2VhcmNoMzM=?= wrote >...

How to save excel data into text file with space delimited
Hi, I am a newbee of excel. I do have a question about how to save dat in excel file into text file with space delimited( the default one i tab)? And I also want to know how to just select some column to export the default one is export all the column).... Thanks in advanc -- wingl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- winglj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38020 Choose "Formatted Text (Space delimited)(*.prn)" for question #1. ...

GENERATE a TEXT FILE Using INPUT from a Form ??
I need to generate a Text file using (partly) information entered by the user on a form. I already have the TEMPLATE for the text file......I need to generate a COPY of the file with the word entered by the user into the form INSERTED into the text file. The text file is actually code for a web page (will have an .htm extension). The file is simply an exact copy of an existing template with only ONE ITEM of the text changed to a word that is entered into a form by a user. Example: One line within the template file is: "We have several of these items available in BLUE." I have...

divider line color in footer template
This is really frustrating. How do I change the default line color in the header and footer templates. The default in my Word 2007 is green. I cannot find any way to change this. Without knowing which build block you've used, I can suggest some things. 1. Change the theme. 2. Home tab - Paragraph group - Borders -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gbernier" <gbernier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29654104-7A03-482F-9FD0-91265FA72656@microsoft.com... > Th...

How do I rotate text in a text box 180 to 270 degrees?
I generate a text box and then rotate the text 90 degrees but the text is now facing the wrong direction. How can I rotate the text 90 degrees in the other direction, or, in the alternative, ow can I rotate text 180 degrees? Select the text box, right-click, click format text box, size tab, type your rotation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "hkaufman" <hkaufman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1EA00A2-F9D4-4A80-BA54-...

text to number
I have a numbers in a feild in an excell sheet that I need to change from text to number so I can use the field in a query in Access Show some examples of the text. If they are all numerical characters, you could use something like the CDbl function to change them to numbers. If the numerical characters are at the beginning of the string, something like a street address of 123 Main St., then you can use the Val function to extract the leading numbers. If the numerical characters are spread around in the string, that can be a problem. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access ...

Text in an auto reply ....
{Running XP-PRO and Outlook 2000) Hi, I can compose the *.oft template in Outlook, and successfully set up the Rule. It sends, but the following occurs: 1) No text is received by the original sender (where the reply goes) 2) If a graphic (say a *,jpg) is embedded in the *oft file, the graphic is received. 3) If I reply with a graphic and text, the text is missing, but the graphic goes through! What am I doing wring??? ThanX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Howie ...

TEXT Function and decimal places
Hi. I am using the text function, with the following formula: =TEXT(Data!A10,"##.#%") - where Data! refers to the sheet that the data is on This is working fine. However, some of the for some of the cells that I will be using this on, there is a zero at the end of my value e.g. 8.0%. When this formula returns the result it returns it as 8.% Is there a way to ensure that it brings back the zero at the end as well, as I will be using the data in a report (and the excel document and word document will autoupdate via a macro). Thanks. > I am using the text function, with t...

More Outlook bugs... Rules are mixing up accounts!
*sigh* WHY do the rules in Outlook 2003 keep changing the accounts they are to apply to. ie. "When message arrives through MYACCOUNT@HERE.COM move it to the MYACCOUNT folder." ....changes to... "When message arrives through ANOTHERACCOUNT@HERE.COM move it to MYACCOUNT folder." - These rules were manually entered by me, not imported from OE6. - This is a fresh installation of Win XP Pro SP1 - Only action in OE6 was to import the old email account settings and contents through the Transfer Settings Wizard. The Outlook 2003 was installed and account info imported. If I fix...

How can I convert text to reference ? Ex: ISNUMBER(ADDRESS(6;10;2.
I'm trying to use above function to avoid doing it by coding. However ADDRESS function returns text and I cannot convert it to a reference, in order to use its result as input to other functions (like ISNUMBER or CELL). If I understand you correctly, try =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(G7,H7)) for example HTH, Bernd ...

Keeping leading zeros when using Text-to-Columns
Hi all, I'm using Excel X for Mac, and I'm trying to split my four-digit dat into two rows with two digits each: 0001 => 00|01 0101 => 01|01 9800 => 98|00 When I first imported the data it dropped all the leading zeros, bu this was quickly remedied by making the custom format: 0000 However, if I go straight from here to text-to-columns the zeros don' show up in the fixed-width option screen, making it impossible t properly separate them. Likewise, if I try to set the formatting of the cells to text, all th leading zeros are instantly dropped. The latter attempt - swi...

Replace text with page break
I have a spreadsheet parsed from downloaded data. In a row by itself have text that exists only in rows I want to replace with a page break I have tried find/replace and it didn't work because I couldn't us the ^m function like I can in Word. Can anyone tell me how to replace these characters with page breaks s I can print my spreadsheet on a form correctly? Thanks all -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't quite follow you, but might this help? Click <View> <PageBreakPreview>, And click and drag your page breaks anywhere to your hearts conte...

.MIX files
I have several .MIX files (Microsoft Photo Draw) that were sent to me. Are there any other Microsoft programs that can read these files ?? I tried to even insert them into MS Word (XP version) but I have received errors everytime I try. Windows XP will preview in a window but I cannot import them into any application ! ...

Removing Text
Hi, There is a field in our system that groups together a list of products called p_desc. Whomever build the system concatenates 3 fields together. Fields: Group, Code, Desc The way the data is stored is as follows: Group 47: Transportation Services Group 48: Communications Group 25: Furniture And Fixtures How do I remove the txt before before the :? I want my results to be as follows: Transportation Services Communications Furniture And Fixtures Please help. Thanks you can use the RIGHT function to extract the data after the colon. To determine how many characters to extract use ...

E-mail Delivery Issues to Group within a Group
Here is an example of a prevailing issue we are experiencing. Our Exchange servers are running Windows 2003, EX2003SP1, and PCs using Office 2003. We have a distribution group called BPMI_PME_MGRS in our address book in Outlook. The problem is that this group does not always deliver e-mails to all the members in the group unless the user sending the email clicks the pluses (expands the groups) repeatedly so that all names within the distribution list appear in the email. If they do not click the pluses, the email is not always received by all the group members and no failure notice i...

My copied text para from Word shows up as empty text box in Publis
Used copy command for short paragraph of text that I wanted to paste into Publisher. All I get is a blank text box. Font color is "black" and background is "no fill." Publisher allows direct typing into text box but not paste function. Where is copied text and why is text block blank? Using Publisher 2003. Open the Office clipboard from the edit menu in both Word and Publisher. Can you see the text? Are you closing Word before you paste? Do you have cursor in the text box when you paste? Can you paste the text to a new instance of Word? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http:...

Assigned tasks appear as plain-text
I'm having a problem with a few OL2000 installs - they have recently started sending out tasks as plaintext messages. They both have HTML set as the default sending format, and the contacts they are sending them to are not set to plain text. Examining the source of the email, it appears that the winmail.dat file is not included. It also appears that the email is not being sent if RTF but nothing I do seems to set it back to this mode. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. G6 Is Word set as the e-mail editor on those machines? <gamma6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:t791c09p1v...

Missing text in some messages
I can't see the text in some of my incoming mail messages in entourage. Some messages are displayed correctly throughout, but some are not. I see the mail heading, but not the message text. This applies to both html messages and to plain text messages. Can anyone figure out how to fix this? Thanks. Zeev Zeev Maoz <zmaoz1@gmail.com> wrote: > I can't see the text in some of my incoming mail messages in > entourage. Some messages are displayed correctly throughout, but some > are not. I see the mail heading, but not the message text. This > applies to both ht...

Truncated text when copying text from one excel doc to another
launch two excel documents Enter a long text string into any cell >500 characters Copy the cell and paste it to any cell in the other document Result: the pasted text is truncated losing the end of the original text string. How can I fix this? Should'nt happen as you described - except there is a problem with cell formatted as TEXT and a cell data length 512 to 1024 characters (the cell is displayed as ##### symbols) From a worksheet, if you Move & create-a-copy a worksheet there is limit on the contents of a cell size, but Excel will tell you of thi at the time of the copy....

OL2000: Quoting creates line breaks
When the reply/forward options are set to quoting and prefixing the original message, Outlook will not quote intelligently, but instead will create line breaks. This is regardless of whether the encoding is chosen to be quoted printable or 7-bit hardwrapped. Mozilla Thunderbird is much more competent in this area. As far as I know, this issue has not been resolved in later versions of Outlook either. Outlook also doesn't support the more recent format=flowed standard, which is supported by Thunderbird, and also Outlook Express 6 SP2, AFAIK. I think Microsoft should create a knowledge bas...

TOC removal and Text preserve
How can I remove Word field codes format and highligh, while preserving text with page numbers that was generated? What exactly is it that you wish to do? Do you want to display the field results? - ALT+F9 Do you want to display without the field shading? - Word Options > Advanced > Show Document Content > Field Shading > When selected (or Never) - In earlier Word versions the setting is in Tools > Options > View Do you want to convert the field to text? - Select then CTRL+SHIFT+F9. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< >&...

Question about how to include text in a repy pane when you reply to a message
Hello: Being unemployed; I find myself often replying to job ads sent to me via e-mail . What I would like to do is just hit reply; use an already written cover letter as the "reply letter" and have my resume attached as a file attachment. I don't mind doing the attachment part for the resume; but its the fact that I need to continually open up the cover letter file and copy its contents into the reply pane; which usually involves some manner of deletion of the contents of the previous letter than I am replying to. What I would like to be able to do is to have some o...

WM_COPY message not being passed to controls deriving from CEdit within an ActiveX control
Hi, As stated in the subject, I have some custom edit controls classes in an ActiveX control. I can enter text and interact with the edit controls without any problems except in the case when I try to Copy/Paste/Cut/Clear through the key shortcuts Ctrl-C/V/X/B. Nothing happens when I press those key shortcuts, because the control itself never receives a WM_COPY/WM_PASTE/WM_CUT/WM_CLEAR message. Does anyone have any idea why these windows messages would be filtered out or simply not sent by the parent? Is there a more elegant solution that to override the OnKeyDown handler of the parent wind...

Missing text in OWA messages
We have Exchange 5.5 and for unknown reasons, when selected users send messages using Outlook 2k through POP3 connection, the text is missing when the message is reviewed using OWA or Outlook 2000 connected directly to the Exchange server. If the message is reviewed using Outlook 2k or later versions, the text appears. We do notice a new attachment, READ.HTM, appears. When I try to recreate the problem using Outlook, I cannot. The messages look fine. So, I suspect something with Outlook configuration but the settings seem to match mine. Microsoft support has not provided any conc...