How do I make a pie chart ?

I am trying to make a pie chart in Publisher.............is that possible? I
am making it for a power pt. to be partially filled in each section on one
slide and then fully filled in on the second one. Any ideas?
Thanks!!!
3
chazpaws (5)

chazpaws <chazpaws@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I am trying to make a pie chart in Publisher.............is that
> possible? I am making it for a power pt. to be partially filled in
> each section on one slide and then fully filled in on the second one.

Publisher is for making print documents (which consist of pages).
PowerPoint is for making presentations (which consist of slides).
Excel is for making charts (which consist of wedges).

In PowerPoint or Publisher, go to Insert > Object > Microsoft Graph Chart,
or Microsoft Excel Object.
Alternatively, fire up Excel, create your chart, and copy and paste into
Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
8/18/2005 4:00:02 PM
chazpaws wrote:
> I am trying to make a pie chart in Publisher.............is that possible? I
> am making it for a power pt. to be partially filled in each section on one
> slide and then fully filled in on the second one. Any ideas?
> Thanks!!!

Marie Calenders? :-)
Frank
0
fb1 (11)
8/18/2005 5:49:28 PM
Mrs. Smith's

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Frank" <fb@notspam.com> wrote in message
> chazpaws wrote:
>> I am trying to make a pie chart in Publisher.............is that
>> possible? I am making it for a power pt. to be partially filled in each
>> section on one slide and then fully filled in on the second one. Any
>> ideas? Thanks!!!
>
> Marie Calenders? :-)
> Frank

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
8/19/2005 12:01:17 AM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
> Mrs. Smith's

In some areas you can hit both in one night.
Yum!!!
:-)
Frank
0
fb1 (11)
8/19/2005 10:00:55 PM
Is that in Shangri-La? Or Nirvana?

--

> JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
>> Mrs. Smith's
>>
> In some areas you can hit both in one night.
> Yum!!!
> :-)
> Frank

-1
jl_paules1 (1069)
8/19/2005 10:33:25 PM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
> Is that in Shangri-La? Or Nirvana?

Both! :-)
Frank
1
fb1 (11)

Make Default

help macro for formatting pie chart
Hi I've got a macro for formatting pie charts in a report that I produce. The idea is that any count under 3 is not shown in the pie chart. The macro seems to work for most tables, but doesn't work when there are blank cells at the end of a table or the final column has a blank cell - it puts 0% labels on the pie chart. Can anyone help please (my vba skills are very rusty....) - I've copied the code below.... Thanks! :) Sub CalloutsChartData1() ' declare variables Dim intCount As Integer Dim intlength As Integer Dim ChartValue As String Dim strStart As String Dim s...

Stacking data from within a series within a bar chart
Hi there, For a stacked bar chart (not the 100% stacked bar chart), is there a way to stack the data within a series and make each series a different bar within the bar chart, instead of vice versa which appears to be the Excel default (e.g. In Excel, the highlighted values for a series become separate bars, and each subsequent series is stacked upon this preceding series dependent upon the order of the highlighted values)? If not, can I move around my bars so that some are more adjacent to particular bars and not so close to others? If this isn't clear, I've tried to specify ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Updating Source Code in Charts
Created a spreadsheet with 100 charts. Data has been updated yearly by inserting rows for the current year and adding those numbers. I'm going to the existing chart and update the source data, but the resulting chart doesn't show the correct numbers. Looks like it's taking the 2006 data and replacing it with 2002 data from the previous row. This is the fourth year I've been using the speadsheet to update charts, but now it's not working. Any clues? -- Office User at University ...

making tickets

Angle charts?
I would like to display angle data on a chart that is at 90°. Kind of like a pie chart but at ± 3° from nominal. ...

Chart on a different sheet
I have numbers on SHEET2 that are all 7 cells apart: A1 A8 A15 A22 etc I want to create a chart on sheet 6 so I have copied the coordinate as such yo shhet 6 =Sheet2!:a1 =sheet2!a8 etc etc Is there a way that this could be done jmucg faster and better as my list is becoming very long. Thanks In Sheet6, Place this in any starting cell, say, in B2: =INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS($1:1)*7-6) Copy B2 down as far as required. B2 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A1 B3 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A8 and so on -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "pcor" wrote: >...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Customer Feedback chart
I need to create a customer feedback chart. They have had to complete a comment card by answering excellent, good, average, poor and bad for a series of items. How can I input this data into excel and then show the results in a pie chart? The pie chart needs this data: Excellent XXX Good XXX Average XXX Poor XXX Bad XXX Select the data and use the Chart Wizard (chart-like button on the standard toolbar, or use Insert menu > Chart) to create a pie chart. If your data is like: CUSTOMER RATING Customer A Excellent Customer B Average Customer C Po...

Balance Points in Excel Charts
Hi. I regularly produce stacked bar charts to show ranges of opinions (e.g. very poor, poor, acceptable, good and very good quality). In these charts I often manually add a drawing shape to show a 'balance point' (like a see-saw) - to show how opinions differ between different groups of people. I would like to know if there is a way to add a drawing object (or shape etc) to a graph - but linked to data (i.e. so that it is linked to the middle point of the data). This would make my graphs more dynamic and would save me a lot of time adding these shapes in man...

what do you use a doughnut chart for
I just want to know what they are for -- QuietRanger They are good to dunk in your coffee for breakfast. Actually what they do is allow you to make a pie-type display, with multiple series, so each concentric ring shows the variation in the amounts of the categories being displayed. However, pie charts are not particularly good at getting information into people's heads. People aren't very good at comparing the angles, especially if there are more than about four wedges in the pie. Because of this pie charts should be avoided. Donut charts are even worse, the rings have a bia...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Pivot Chart #7
In Pivotchart, Everytime I press the refresh button,How can I keep the same chart type I like? (but not a default chart). Thanks. XL retains only certain aspects of a customized PivotChart. One option would be to create a macro that does the customization you want. The other is to create a normal chart from the data in a PT. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <418a01c4a015$75c998c0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > In Pivotchart, Every...

Several Pivot Charts One Sheet of Data
Is there an easy way to create several pivot charts off of one database in the same document? Everytime I change one chart, the others change too. The pivot chart and pivot table are linked, so changing one changes the other. Copy your pivot table, and make a new chart based on the copy. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "michelerocks" <michelerocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E92A0209-F5CB-4120-B255-5E867625D8A7@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way to create severa...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Align Clustered Column Chart Category Axis Labels
I have a simple clustered column chart containing one series. Instead of the category X axis labels being directly aligned under each column, is there a way to align the labels directly under each major tick mark? In other words, I would like the X axis labels to appear under the right side of each column when the gap width is set to zero. Thanks for your help. Stephanie, You can do so by setting up a dummy X axis. This example explains how to put a colored quadrant together. You will specifically want to use the X axis techniques that are described in the example. http://www.pel...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

Unusual Chart Type?
I am running Excel2000. I wish to create a chart that does not seem t be supported in Excel. The data consists of a table of dates an �states� (let�s call them A, B, C, D and E). One column is dates an the next is states. Dates will be in order. A given date could hav any state. So the first col might be {03-Apr, 04-Apr, 05-Apr, 06-Apr 07-Apr, 08-Apr, �} while the second might be {A,B,D,B,B,E, �}. I wis to plot this data with the state on the Y axis and the date on the axis. I need an X-Y plot, not cols or bars. This is easy if th states are numbers. But I cannot find a way to do t...