How do I mailmerge publisher/fax and get personalized cover pages

0
cvlsh (1)

I would create a custom cover page...in Publisher then import it however
your fax program instructions call for. I wouldn't do a mail merge on the
cover page itself as most fax programs allow you to customize the cover page
with it's own fields, then just use your fax address book for the merge.

"cvlsh" <cvlsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/25/2005 1:48:22 PM
Maybe a little better description of what you are trying to do would be nice.
Create a fax cover, merge the names.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"cvlsh" <cvlsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
gsauer (5094)

Outlook 2003 MailMerge with Word XP (2002)
I only upgraded to Outlook 2003 while retaining the rest of Office XP. It appears that I can no longer do a mail merge from my Outlook contacts using Word XP. Any help regarding how this may be achieved? Your help is appreciated. Best regards, Sastry Versions must match. Never upgrade only one application if you want to retain integration. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Sastry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:028001c3aa0f$5a452c60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I only upgraded to Outlook 2003 while retaining the rest > of Office XP. It appears...

how to program with VC to get the W3SVC service state(Running or s
I want to get IIS (W3SVC) service state(running or stop...), which function can I used to get this info. -- carson ...

Text settings in Publisher and Word
When I type (insert text) into Publisher and Word, the typing appears on my monitor in a very light gray color which is very difficult to see. I have checked the font color settings, etc., but cannot figure out how to make my typing appear on my screen as it should ...in black type. What kind of monitor do you have? Might try ClearType, it can help enormously if you have a LCD monitor... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sally" <S...

CRM mailmerge capabilities, do these capabilities exist?
Does anyone know what, if any, mail merge capabilities exist in the Microsoft CRM package? Thanks, Chris Hi Chris, So far, this is what I have figured out: I will run a query in CRM for the contacts that are desired for the mailing. I then export these to excel and use Word to do the actual mail merge. I don't believe there is a simpler way, but if anyone knows, I would like to learn this as well. Best, Gina >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know what, if any, mail merge capabilities exist in the >Microsoft CRM package? > >Thanks, >Chris > > >...

mailmerge based on activities
I would like to send Contacts a mail merge letter. Only the contacts with a specific Activity during a week. How can I manage the selection of these Contacts with these Activities for the mail merge? Thank you. Marc ...

print two-sided documents in Publisher
I'm trying to print a postcard in Publisher 2000 -- I've done a mail merge to the second side for addresses, but in quantity it's hard to handle because it does a page one, then a page two, etc. on my HP Color LaserJet (doesn't do 2-sided copies). The only way I've found to do it so far, is to delete page one , save under a different name and print all the page 2's, then bring back up the original document and print x number of page 1's. There has to be a better answer! Help! There is no better answer. No matter how you do it, you will still have to turn the ...

Help! New to Publisher
What is the A...at the bottom of a page inside a small box? I am typing a newsletter. Shouldn't one page flow to the next like in Microsoft Office? If it is text overflow, I cannot retrieve. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. That indicates that there is more text inside that area that cannot be seen. If you stretch that text box down, you'll see the rest of your text. To make it flow from one box to another, you need to set it up for that. (I will admit that I break mine manually because I've never taken the time to learn how to do it correctly.) -- The problem with ...

Publisher 2007
I have a user that cannot post a picture into publisher from a JPG file, she gets a message that the clipboard is busy. Drag & drop does not work. The picture is 7mg in size. We have tried deleting internet files and this has not helped. thanks Carmen If you are trying to insert the picture it could be the image is too large. Can you open the image in a Paint program or Word? Take a look at the following article (Fourth FAQ). http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Cmnsol" <Cmnsol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Mail merge from Outlook 2003 to fax
I can not find a way to make this work, can anyone help with some information Thanks martin Specify the fax software you are using. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Martin @ GEOdiscoveries" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:226301c4aec1$3587a620$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I can not find a way to make this work, can anyone help > with some information > > Thanks martin I am using the standard program loaded with windows xp , I belive its called fax console thanks >-----Original Message----- >Specify the fax software you are using...

getting the number of the row with the maximum value
i have a a column with values, by using a macro i want to get the number of the row in which the maximum value of the column is. Are you sure you want to do it by macro? First you'd use the MAX() function to find the largest value. Now, if you want to do this by macro (presumably to SELECT the cell containing the largest value), you'd use the Find command. I'm assuming your values are in a range named 'rngValues' Dim r As Range Set r = Range("rngValues") r.Find(WorksheetFunction.Max(r)).Select If you don't need a macro, then you'd use the...

MS Publisher question
When I scan a document and import it into MS publisher 2002 the complete document is visible if it is shrunk to 50% at 75% some of the headers are not visible at 100% more of the document is not visible. Scan the document in TIF format at no more than 300dpi. -- ...

viewing publisher file
i do not have microsoft publisher. Is there any way that I can open/view publisher files without it >-----Original Message----- >i do not have microsoft publisher. Is there any way that I >can open/view publisher files without it >. >i.e. is there any downloadable software that I can get without having to buy publisher something like the viewers/converters for excel, powerpoint, access, word, etc. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: >> -----Original Message----- >> i do not have microsoft publisher. Is there any way that I >> can open/view publi...

Why does my data access page does not match report?
I created a report which has the correct information. I saved the report as a Data Access page and the data is diiferent for some of the items. One group is missing completely. Any help on this would be great. I have created several and they match perfectly but I cannot get this one to match. ...

how to stop the word splitting in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003, when a word don't fit on the line rather than move to the next line it splits the word between the two lines. Is there any way to stop this from happening apart from using the Enter key at the end of line? Richie wrote: > In Publisher 2003, when a word don't fit on the line rather than move to the > next line it splits the word between the two lines. Is there any way to stop > this from happening apart from using the Enter key at the end of line? Well, for a start you should not use the Enter/Return keys except for starting a new paragraph. If you onl...

Budget Status Page
Setting-up my Ms Money '04 on my new computer. Could not find in help, how $ actual column functions. I think this is my problem in not being able to reconcile. $ actual column now has all zero's. Guess I need to know what entries I need to make for Jan. & Feb . . . single vs. recurring ? Budgeted & differences columns, all have the same $ amounts. I set it up in Jan. and Feb. is my first month with bill payments. It looks like I have 2 months budgeted with no paid-outs. All the best,TIA , Walt ...

Publisher Reference book suggestion?
Hi... Many years ago I worked at a library that had a book called - Microsoft Publisher Bible Unfortunatley I was laid off from the job and no longer had access to that book. I can not find the book in print.. Can anyone suggest a book about Publisher that is like this book OR a good reference book on Publisher??? Thanks... John W. Connecticut There are many books about Publisher, as near as I can ascertain this is not one of them. Do you remember what version Publisher the book addressed? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.mic...

OnCreate of CFrameWnd based splitter pane gets called twice!!!
Hi All, I have a splitter window, in which I want to have 3 panes (as vertical columns). My primary requirement is I want a menu inside one of the panes, i.e, menu should belong to the pane and not the whole window. To achieve this, I put a CFrameWnd derived class inside the pane. This CFrameWnd derived class has the menu I want. Now, my problem is that after I do this, the OnCreate of the FrameWnd is getting called twice all the time. Can anyone help me know why this is happening? Or even better, does anyone have an alternate solution to putting a menu in each pane of a splitter window? ...

XP and Publisher
Which versions of Publisher work with XP? I tried to install the one that game with my Gateway which ran Windows 95 and it didn't go. I don't use the program very much, just to make cassette and CD labels, so I would like to buy an older version on eBay but don't want to buy one that is not compatable with XP. Thank you Dave Schwartz David Schwartz wrote: > Which versions of Publisher work with XP? I tried to > install the one that game with my Gateway which ran > Windows 95 and it didn't go. I don't use the program > very much, just to make cassette a...

"Shelled" application not getting the focus
The following (below) is the OnOpen code for form frmRecipeDetails. The code functions as expected, but with a slight twist. When the application is first launched and frmRecipeDetails is opened for the very first time, focus remains with frmRecipeDetails instead of the application "Shelled". I.e., the "Shelled" application opens as expected but the form window has the focus. However, on ALL SUBSEQUENT openings of frmRecipeDetails the focus is given to the "Shelled" application as desired. I can't figure out why the "Shelled" application isn't g...

Earn MOney ONline Get Payments Weekly Thru Checks
Hi Friends, Visit http://36lives.com/gallery/b30c25ba and make money online at home.Just refer friends and earn more.Very Low Payout Just INR.100 .Payments made daily.Join Now. Regards Jagan ...

Using Excel With MailMerge?
I'm using an Excel worksheet for my mailmerge source because I need som calculations done that can't be done in Word. I have copied th formulas 50 rows down. When I try to merge, it gives me 50 pages whe I only have data in 20. The other 30 rows consist of formulas whic don't do anything since there is no data on those rows. Even though th cell values are blank, it reads the cell formulas as being anothe row. So what I'm trying to do now is this: create a named ranged tha adjusts its size (A1:K"some number") according to how many rows hav data in them. Using COUNTA ...

Publisher 98 will not reinstall
Had a major crash and ghad to reload everything from scratch. My Publisher 98 will not reinstall from tjhe installation CD. Message after entering CD Key, name and organization just says installation unsuccesful. I completely wiped out the previous installtion, cleaned the Registry, etc. (Even though the Registry is cleaned each attampt to install brings up my name and orgnaization. Where are they hiding?) Still no go. Any thoughts? Do you have an anti-virus software installed? Memory-resident programs or TSR (terminate-and-stay-resident) utilities can conflict with the installation ...

Document Imaging Writer and Publisher--incorrect number of pages? #2
When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 and lost some content. Don't know why this happened or how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks ...

Anchoring a form to the top of the form when moving from page to p
Hi there In my database, I have a main form and a subforms which consists of a tab control. When I navigate from page to page, my position on the page varies. Is there anyway to anchor it so that the form remains at the top instead of jumping all around the place? Thank you in advance. ...

Connecting devices from one page to another
How do you conect devices from one page to another? On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:21:01 -0700, Robertini <Robertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do you conect devices from one page to another? select the shape, use the Insert -> Hyperlinks menu -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ You can also use the offsheet shape available in the simple flow diagram stencil. "Robertini" <Robertini@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: A99647B9-907...