How do I keep text from automatically filling in another text box

When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another
text box.  I don't want that to happen.  I want each box to be filled
independently.

Thank you.
0
Chicago (12)

Click in the test box that you don'e want the text to continue and then
click the "broken chain link."
"Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another
> text box.  I don't want that to happen.  I want each box to be filled
> independently.
>
> Thank you.

0
Anthemwebs (309)
3/30/2008 10:11:30 PM
Edit, Undo Synchronize.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another
> text box.  I don't want that to happen.  I want each box to be filled
> independently.
>
> Thank you.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/31/2008 9:04:57 AM
I am sorry, but I spoke too soon.  I cannot find "Undo Synchronize" under
Edit, and I cannot fined 'broken chain link' anywhere.  More advise, please.

Thank you.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Edit, Undo Synchronize.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another
> > text box.  I don't want that to happen.  I want each box to be filled
> > independently.
> >
> > Thank you.

0
Chicago (12)
3/31/2008 1:24:00 PM
What version Publisher are you using? Some, if not all, the wizards are missing
in 2007.

Select the text box that is automatically filling, the *undo* should become
active.

The *chain* link is on the toolbar to the far right. If the text is
automatically flowing to the next text box then there is a link, you can break
this link by selecting the text box and clicking the broken chain link.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I am sorry, but I spoke too soon.  I cannot find "Undo Synchronize" under
> Edit, and I cannot fined 'broken chain link' anywhere.  More advise, please.
>
> Thank you.
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Edit, Undo Synchronize.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another
>> > text box.  I don't want that to happen.  I want each box to be filled
>> > independently.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/31/2008 1:51:47 PM
I am using Publisher 2003.  Haven't had a chance to try this suggestion yet
as I am now at work!  :-)  I am very grateful for your patient persistence.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher are you using? Some, if not all, the wizards are missing
> in 2007.
>
> Select the text box that is automatically filling, the *undo* should become
> active.
>
> The *chain* link is on the toolbar to the far right. If the text is
> automatically flowing to the next text box then there is a link, you can break
> this link by selecting the text box and clicking the broken chain link.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am sorry, but I spoke too soon.  I cannot find "Undo Synchronize" under
> > Edit, and I cannot fined 'broken chain link' anywhere.  More advise, please.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Edit, Undo Synchronize.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Chicago (12)
3/31/2008 2:42:00 PM
Dear Mary,

I have tried selecting each of the boxes which are autofilling.  No 'undo'
becomes active under edit.  Also when I select either text box, no link
appears.

This is not a problem with 'overflowing' into another text box.  This is an
autofill linkage.  In otherwords, what I write in one box appears in the
other.  And when I try to delete it from one, it deletes from the other.  I
want to be able to fill them independently.

I tried deleting one of the boxes thinking that would break the link, but it
deleted both.

I really appreciate your help as this is VERY frustrating!

Thanks!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher are you using? Some, if not all, the wizards are missing
> in 2007.
>
> Select the text box that is automatically filling, the *undo* should become
> active.
>
> The *chain* link is on the toolbar to the far right. If the text is
> automatically flowing to the next text box then there is a link, you can break
> this link by selecting the text box and clicking the broken chain link.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am sorry, but I spoke too soon.  I cannot find "Undo Synchronize" under
> > Edit, and I cannot fined 'broken chain link' anywhere.  More advise, please.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Edit, Undo Synchronize.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Chicago (12)
3/31/2008 2:54:02 PM
Look at Tools, Options, User Assistance, click the *Automatically Synchronize
formatting.* Try again to turn off the synchronizing. Something is not meshing.
Is there a reason why you cannot create new text boxes to replace the
troublesome ones? Right-click the text box, format text box, size tab. Make a
note of the size. Create a new text box with the noted size.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Dear Mary,
>
> I have tried selecting each of the boxes which are autofilling.  No 'undo'
> becomes active under edit.  Also when I select either text box, no link
> appears.
>
> This is not a problem with 'overflowing' into another text box.  This is an
> autofill linkage.  In otherwords, what I write in one box appears in the
> other.  And when I try to delete it from one, it deletes from the other.  I
> want to be able to fill them independently.
>
> I tried deleting one of the boxes thinking that would break the link, but it
> deleted both.
>
> I really appreciate your help as this is VERY frustrating!
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What version Publisher are you using? Some, if not all, the wizards are
>> missing
>> in 2007.
>>
>> Select the text box that is automatically filling, the *undo* should become
>> active.
>>
>> The *chain* link is on the toolbar to the far right. If the text is
>> automatically flowing to the next text box then there is a link, you can
>> break
>> this link by selecting the text box and clicking the broken chain link.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am sorry, but I spoke too soon.  I cannot find "Undo Synchronize" under
>> > Edit, and I cannot fined 'broken chain link' anywhere.  More advise,
>> > please.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/31/2008 3:25:10 PM
Dear Mary,

Undo is shaded no matter which text box I click.  And I don't see a chain
link on my left hand tool bar.  And there is no link marker near either of
the text boxes.

I am grateful for your patience and help.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher are you using? Some, if not all, the wizards are missing
> in 2007.
>
> Select the text box that is automatically filling, the *undo* should become
> active.
>
> The *chain* link is on the toolbar to the far right. If the text is
> automatically flowing to the next text box then there is a link, you can break
> this link by selecting the text box and clicking the broken chain link.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am sorry, but I spoke too soon.  I cannot find "Undo Synchronize" under
> > Edit, and I cannot fined 'broken chain link' anywhere.  More advise, please.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Edit, Undo Synchronize.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Chicago (12)
3/31/2008 5:14:38 PM
Hi again Chicago,
Can you send me the file? The *link* is on the right corner...

What particular template are you using?

mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

Go Cubs...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Dear Mary,
>
> Undo is shaded no matter which text box I click.  And I don't see a chain
> link on my left hand tool bar.  And there is no link marker near either of
> the text boxes.
>
> I am grateful for your patience and help.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What version Publisher are you using? Some, if not all, the wizards are
>> missing
>> in 2007.
>>
>> Select the text box that is automatically filling, the *undo* should become
>> active.
>>
>> The *chain* link is on the toolbar to the far right. If the text is
>> automatically flowing to the next text box then there is a link, you can
>> break
>> this link by selecting the text box and clicking the broken chain link.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am sorry, but I spoke too soon.  I cannot find "Undo Synchronize" under
>> > Edit, and I cannot fined 'broken chain link' anywhere.  More advise,
>> > please.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Row height
Hi all, Is there a way to have the row height adjust automatically to display all the lines of text that may be in a particular cell ? I have "WRAP TEXT" selected from the Alignment menu when you format the contents of a cell but this does not automatically adjust the row height to display all the lines of wrapped text. I have been adjusting the row height manually and this is a pain in the b...... when you have to do this each time your cell contains more than one line of text. Thanks in advance for any info that you can share with me. Regards ..... Ben Doesn't wor...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Text not printing
I'm using publisher 2002 with windows XP. Creating 8 page booklet with text boxs and Photo images. When i send to printer after 1 test page, some text will not print but images will. only certain pages will not print text others will. Very frustrating when doing run in color and have to recycle because all text is not printing. Can anyone help? Lorne, how about you tell us what brand, model and type of printer you are using. If this is a laser printer you are running out of memory. Make sure you are using the latest model printer driver from the website of your printer manufacturer...

turn text upside down #2
I develop a fingerprint application on pocket pc and I need to display message during the capture process. So for now I use an edit box but I would like to make a rotation of 180 � to make the message readable by the people whom I capture the fingerprint. Should I just make a rotation of the graphic display, I mean just of the edit box area or is there any other mean ? ...

random text displaying
what i want to do is create a way to make a schedule randomly. i want t put in all possible shifts in a worksheet, then somehow be able t bring them up at random with the rand function and give the shifts t people who are available to work them. i'm not sure if i will be abl to do this solely with excel, or if i will need to use other tools a well. any help would be appreciate ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have the right idea -- use the =RAND() fu...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Use a cell's value as row number for another cell in Excel
Excel XP: I'm trying to use the values in one row of cells (D1:F1) as the reference for the row value for a different series of cells (D2:F4). For example: Column A B C D E F Row 1 1000 30 170 1 2 3 2 1500 60 190 3 1200 20 175 I want to get the following cells to equal: D2=1000 (In other words: D2 = A1); D3=30 (In other words: F2 = B1); E2=1500 (In other words: E2 = A2); E3=60 (In other words: F2 = B2); F2=1200 (In other words: F2 = A3); F3=20 ...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

update subform from value in another form
I have a mainform and two subforms liked through member number. I want to enter data in the subform for every quarter for each member. I have an unbound combo box in the main form to select the quarter. How do I store the quarter information for each member in the subforms based on the combo box. I don’t want to store the quarter information in the main form. SeekAns - It sounds like you are adding new records in the subform. If so, set the default value of the control in the subform to be the value selected in the combo box on the main form. -- Daryl S "See...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

Check Boxes?
Hi, I know that a field of type "bit" is where you can have Yes/No type questions, but is it possible to have Check boxes within an Order Form? I have seen some system check boxes, and was wondering if this is limited only to system fields (attributes). TIA GP, All you have to do is: Go to Settings>> customization >> Open Order Entity >> Open the form Click on the bit field >> Change properties. (not form properties) On the second tab under controling formatting you have an option to select check box. Hope this is helpful Venkat. "GP" wrote...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Populate List Box
Need some ideas. I have a list box from which our clients will be able to select which form they want to preview or print. However, each client should only have selections available that apply specifically to their company. For example: Company A will require forms 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 Company B will require forms 1, 6 and 7 Company C will require forms 4, 5 and 6 I have some code right now to handle a simple two form variation: If Forms("Main").Controls("Form1Req") = "Yes" and Forms("Main").Controls ("Form2Req") = "No" Then Me.L...

text box - rounded corners
I would like my text box to have rounded corners, how do i achieve this I take it you want a border around the text box with rounded corners: With the Custom Shapes tool at the left of the monitor, select the rectangle with the rounded corners, create same in the work area. Now select the Text Frame tool and put a text box on top of the rounded corner rectangle, make it transparent, type text, adjust either the frame or text as needed. -- Don Vancouver, USA "nukie" <nukie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7637826-39C9-43D5-84C0-A4B4C586E347@microsoft.com....

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

Error sending info fill in form.
I made a site with a fill in form and the info will be send by email to me. I works fine when in publisher, but after uploading on the webserver I get the 404 error. This is the address at that moment: http://www.ctrackindonesia.com/index_files/--WEBBOT-SELF-- (try at www.ctrackindonesia.com) Bart Publisher 2003 Here is an article that might help: http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx DavidF "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139179932.188307.303040@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I made a site with a fill in form ...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Sequentially number lines automatically

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...