How do I keep Publisher from cutting off part of a border?

Publisher keeps cutting off the bottom and side border when I print
(depending on what type of set up I have).  Right now I'm trying to print
postcards (Avery 3380), 4 postcards to a page and it keeps cutting  off the
border on the right side.

skmarshall <skmarshall@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> Publisher keeps cutting off the bottom and side border when I print
> (depending on what type of set up I have).  Right now I'm trying to
> print postcards (Avery 3380), 4 postcards to a page and it keeps
> cutting  off the border on the right side.

Publisher is not doing anything.  Your printer is not capable of printing
that close to that edge of the page, and so is leaving that area blank.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/11/2006 6:19:01 PM
"skmarshall" <skmarshall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Publisher keeps cutting off the bottom and side border when I print
> (depending on what type of set up I have).  Right now I'm trying to print
> postcards (Avery 3380), 4 postcards to a page and it keeps cutting  off
the
> border on the right side.

Margins and unprintable portions of documents are controlled by your
printer. You'll have to keep within those to stop parts from not printing.

Melissa

0
nospam5581 (28)
5/11/2006 6:24:02 PM
Hi Ed,
My flyer is cutting off at the bottom.  It's an 8.5x11 page.
How do I center the flyer in the page so it doesn't cut it off at the bottom?
I'm new to Pulisher and used the template that has 9 spaces for FSBO houses.
I won't even print out fully when I use 8.5x14 paper and tell the printer to
use legal.
Thank, Mit :)
stevick@wi.rr.com

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> skmarshall <skmarshall@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > Publisher keeps cutting off the bottom and side border when I print
> > (depending on what type of set up I have).  Right now I'm trying to
> > print postcards (Avery 3380), 4 postcards to a page and it keeps
> > cutting  off the border on the right side.
>
> Publisher is not doing anything.  Your printer is not capable of printing
> that close to that edge of the page, and so is leaving that area blank.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Mit (1)

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Publisher Crashes #3
Publisher 2000 crashes when saving changes? -- Ralph Not on my system. More information would be nice.. "Ralph Copclose" <RalphCopclose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F056906-5EAF-477C-9A11-1EC4D1EE2CC1@microsoft.com... > Publisher 2000 crashes when saving changes? > -- > Ralph Thanks for reply - my system is Vista business. When making more than one change to an existing document and attempting to save - publisher closes and gives me a message 'Publisher 2000 version 6.0 has stopped working' The original document was produced o...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

printing Publisher mailmerge
When printing a large mailmerge file, Publisher spools the job in sets of 10 pages at a time, instead of one job. I get several jobs at the printer named Records 1-10, records 11-20, records 21-30 etc. instead of the one job name. I can't find any settings in Publisher to send one complete job. I've tested it with 4 different printers and it is always the same result. Is there anyway to turn off this seeting? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > When printing a large mailmerge file,...

Parts of document faded
When I print 222 pages of a book I've written, parts are faded. Only this document. Others are fine. Much of the document is fine. Happened after I edited once. Thanks Which "parts"? Time for a new ink or toner cartridge? Are the other documents also very long? On Apr 22, 12:44=A0am, Brad the sad dad <Brad the sad d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I print 222 pages of a book I've written, parts are faded. =A0Only t= his > document. =A0Others are fine. =A0Much of the document is fine. =A0Happene= d after I > edited once. =A0Tha...

y-axis titles get cut off
I've been having this problem since I got my laptop, which came with th trial version of Office 2003. When I make a graph in Excel, and I typ in the title for the y-axis, and depending how long it is, the las section of the title gets cut off. When I go to print preview, it look fine, and when I go to print it, it prints out fine, but in th spreasheet, the last part of the y-axis title gets cut off, and i really annoys me. So, I thought it was just a problem with the tria version, but yesterday, I bought a key for the full version, and i still does it. Does anyone know why this happens, a...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Adding a Header in Publisher 2003 to upload to website HELP !
I am trying to add a header to a web page I am designing in Publisher 2003. i want a main title at the the top of each of my web Publisher pages. I currently have it set up on the first page with a animated .jpg file on the left side then the title in a text box then the same .jpg animated after the text box. When I go into to view published page the animated .jpg files are on both sides of the next box and they are moving. I now need to put this information on each page. In Word/PowerPoint I would use header/footer feature. Help feature in Publisher says go to View menu select Head...

Publisher Dies on Vista
When I start up Publisher on a laptop running Vista, I select the template I wish to use and before being able to type anything, I get a pop-up telling me Publisher had an error, and would I like to send the error report. Then Publisher shutsdown. Any ideas how I can get around this. Thanks Leigh wrote: > When I start up Publisher on a laptop running Vista, I select the > template I wish to use and before being able to type anything, I get > a pop-up telling me Publisher had an error, and would I like to send > the error report. > > Then Publisher shutsdown. > > A...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

how do I create a PDF file from a publisher document
With a third party program, i.e., Adobe Acrobat, Primopdf, PDF-XChange. Adobe Acrobat is expensive Primopdf is free - www.primopdf.com PDF-XChange is $19.95 for the "lite" and $69.50 for the "pro" edition. PDF-XChange creates the smallest pdf files of the three brands. Give the free trial version a try. http://www.docu-track.com/ -- Don Vancouver, USA "jhb" <jhb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4395FF9F-B14A-4AC1-ADEB-549746BC660A@microsoft.com... > >-----Original Message----- >With a third party program, i.e., Adob...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

How to save publisher files for uploading?
Just upgraded from pub 2000 to 2007 and am having difficulty saving file to folder to use my ftp. How do I save the file to the folder and upload using ftp? Thanks. ...

Publisher prints booklets upside down
I just bought a duplex print add-on for my HP Office Jet 6110 so I can print out my product catalogs on both sides of a page. I'm using Publisher 2002 and trying to print out a booklet (catalog) of products double sided. It does two products on one side of a page and two on the other. You then fold it in half and have a complete catalog. The problem is that some pages are printing upside down on one side, and the page numbering doesn't work. Is this a problem with my catalog or my printer? Ed B. buch75@comcast.net There is a driver on the HP site with an April, 2004 timestamp, a...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Can Publisher be used to print directly on white CD's or DVD's?
I have an Epson 810 printer that can print directly on the disc for labeling. Their software is terrible. They suggest a half dozen others, but not Publisher. I have hundreds of labels (for paper stick on labels) already made in Publisher for previous projects. Is there any way to use them with the Epson? More importantly, is there a way to use Publisher 2007 to print/label directly on a white labeled (printable) disc for new projects? Thanks for any help or suggestions. Leo Have you tried? I know nothing about printing directly onto a disk, but I do know you can setup...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...

Publisher Install
I have Office XP Pro (5cd set) I have never been able to install Publisher because I always get an error saying the CD key is invalid. The key is printed right on the box but it's invalid??? I want to install this program but what can I do? Doug Call Microsoft. They have free help with installation issues. It's not a toll-free number but they resolve the matters quickly. "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1612601c41e6a$5683ee70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have Office XP Pro (5cd set) I have nev...

deposit to keep??
When you cancel a layaway and rms ask you if you want deposit to keep and you say ok, what happens to the money and where does that money go? and is there a way to turn off that button? ...

Animated GIFs In Publisher Website
We have Publisher 2000 and for the last 2 years or so we use to be able to just copy and paste animated GIFs onto the page being edited and when previewing the webpage the animation would animate. Now, any NEW animations pasted or inserted don't work. It seems the properties of animation go away once inserted into Publisher. Strange thing is that if we copy an OLD, working animation from another location within the web page publication docment it works. Any ideas what may have changd? BTW Recently updated part of our Office package to Office 2007 but that upgraded Word, PP, &...

how to keep text with next paragraph
"Church Mouse" wrote: > What is the problem? Version? ...

How do I Import a word document to Publisher in a 5" X 7" format?
Every time I try the word portion does not scale to the smaller format. Select the text box, Format, Autofit text, best fit, paste the text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jd" <jd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9A00416-CB03-452B-B1EB-D127FD37D578@microsoft.com... > Every time I try the word portion does not scale to the smaller format. ...