How do I keep original picture order in Picture Manager?

How do I keep Picture Manager from alphabetizing my photo titles when I just
want the original order?  Any help appreciated.
0
jadegirl (4)

You could rename them in the order to which you want the photos to display.
www.irfanview.com will do this as a batch. Get the plug-ins too. It is a free
program.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"jadegirl" <jadegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I keep Picture Manager from alphabetizing my photo titles when I just
> want the original order?  Any help appreciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/9/2006 2:54:21 PM
Hi Mary - Thanks for your speedy reply.  I don't exactly know what you mean
by renaming them in order.  I have been renaming them in order on my computer
and even putting numbers on them (which is a hassle) in an attempt to keep
them in order but every time I try to edit a photo, Microsoft Picture Manager
software takes all of them and switches them into an alphabetical mode
against my wishes.  I don't know how to switch them back.  They are still in
the correct order on my computer but I was going to use Picture Manager to
post them once I got them grouped the way I wanted.  Not sure how to group
them the way I want with that software because it has a mind of its own.
maybe I should completely bag it and use irfanview?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You could rename them in the order to which you want the photos to display.
> www.irfanview.com will do this as a batch. Get the plug-ins too. It is a free
> program.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "jadegirl" <jadegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I keep Picture Manager from alphabetizing my photo titles when I just
> > want the original order?  Any help appreciated.

0
jadegirl (4)
9/9/2006 5:09:02 PM
Are you putting the numbers in front of the name? For example 001picnic.jpg,
002picnic.jpg and so on? I have no idea why the Picture Manager is not sorting
in numerical order.

Delete the thumbnails in the Picture Manager, they are in file similar to this
(hidden).
C:\Documents and Settings\<<user name>>\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\OIS\thumbnails

It may make a difference.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Hi Mary - Thanks for your speedy reply.  I don't exactly know what you mean
> by renaming them in order.  I have been renaming them in order on my computer
> and even putting numbers on them (which is a hassle) in an attempt to keep
> them in order but every time I try to edit a photo, Microsoft Picture Manager
> software takes all of them and switches them into an alphabetical mode
> against my wishes.  I don't know how to switch them back.  They are still in
> the correct order on my computer but I was going to use Picture Manager to
> post them once I got them grouped the way I wanted.  Not sure how to group
> them the way I want with that software because it has a mind of its own.
> maybe I should completely bag it and use irfanview?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You could rename them in the order to which you want the photos to display.
>> www.irfanview.com will do this as a batch. Get the plug-ins too. It is a free
>> program.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "jadegirl" <jadegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I keep Picture Manager from alphabetizing my photo titles when I
>> > just
>> > want the original order?  Any help appreciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/9/2006 6:46:22 PM
yes I put the numbers first but it still sorted by letters, ignoring the
numbers.  However, I like your idea of 001, etc.  I just used 1-

I will try your suggestions and let you know how it goes.  Thanks!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you putting the numbers in front of the name? For example 001picnic.jpg,
> 002picnic.jpg and so on? I have no idea why the Picture Manager is not sorting
> in numerical order.
>
> Delete the thumbnails in the Picture Manager, they are in file similar to this
> (hidden).
> C:\Documents and Settings\<<user name>>\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\OIS\thumbnails
>
> It may make a difference.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "jadegirl" <jadegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mary - Thanks for your speedy reply.  I don't exactly know what you mean
> > by renaming them in order.  I have been renaming them in order on my computer
> > and even putting numbers on them (which is a hassle) in an attempt to keep
> > them in order but every time I try to edit a photo, Microsoft Picture Manager
> > software takes all of them and switches them into an alphabetical mode
> > against my wishes.  I don't know how to switch them back.  They are still in
> > the correct order on my computer but I was going to use Picture Manager to
> > post them once I got them grouped the way I wanted.  Not sure how to group
> > them the way I want with that software because it has a mind of its own.
> > maybe I should completely bag it and use irfanview?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> You could rename them in the order to which you want the photos to display.
> >> www.irfanview.com will do this as a batch. Get the plug-ins too. It is a free
> >> program.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
> >>
> >> "jadegirl" <jadegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jadegirl (4)
9/9/2006 6:56:01 PM
Hi Mary - I tried renumbering as you suggested with 001, etc and it worked!
I wish i didn't have to enter the numbers because they are a pain but I guess
I have no choice.  Anyway, thanks so much for your suggestions and for being
there on the other end of my keyboard!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you putting the numbers in front of the name? For example 001picnic.jpg,
> 002picnic.jpg and so on? I have no idea why the Picture Manager is not sorting
> in numerical order.
>
> Delete the thumbnails in the Picture Manager, they are in file similar to this
> (hidden).
> C:\Documents and Settings\<<user name>>\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\OIS\thumbnails
>
> It may make a difference.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "jadegirl" <jadegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mary - Thanks for your speedy reply.  I don't exactly know what you mean
> > by renaming them in order.  I have been renaming them in order on my computer
> > and even putting numbers on them (which is a hassle) in an attempt to keep
> > them in order but every time I try to edit a photo, Microsoft Picture Manager
> > software takes all of them and switches them into an alphabetical mode
> > against my wishes.  I don't know how to switch them back.  They are still in
> > the correct order on my computer but I was going to use Picture Manager to
> > post them once I got them grouped the way I wanted.  Not sure how to group
> > them the way I want with that software because it has a mind of its own.
> > maybe I should completely bag it and use irfanview?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> You could rename them in the order to which you want the photos to display.
> >> www.irfanview.com will do this as a batch. Get the plug-ins too. It is a free
> >> program.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
> >>
> >> "jadegirl" <jadegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jadegirl (4)
9/9/2006 11:33:01 PM
Glad to help, thanks for posting back, responses are always appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Hi Mary - I tried renumbering as you suggested with 001, etc and it worked!
> I wish i didn't have to enter the numbers because they are a pain but I guess
> I have no choice.  Anyway, thanks so much for your suggestions and for being
> there on the other end of my keyboard!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are you putting the numbers in front of the name? For example 001picnic.jpg,
>> 002picnic.jpg and so on? I have no idea why the Picture Manager is not
>> sorting
>> in numerical order.
>>
>> Delete the thumbnails in the Picture Manager, they are in file similar to
>> this
>> (hidden).
>> C:\Documents and Settings\<<user name>>\Local Settings\Application
>> Data\Microsoft\OIS\thumbnails
>>
>> It may make a difference.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "jadegirl" <jadegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Mary - Thanks for your speedy reply.  I don't exactly know what you mean
>> > by renaming them in order.  I have been renaming them in order on my
>> > computer
>> > and even putting numbers on them (which is a hassle) in an attempt to keep
>> > them in order but every time I try to edit a photo, Microsoft Picture
>> > Manager
>> > software takes all of them and switches them into an alphabetical mode
>> > against my wishes.  I don't know how to switch them back.  They are still
>> > in
>> > the correct order on my computer but I was going to use Picture Manager to
>> > post them once I got them grouped the way I wanted.  Not sure how to group
>> > them the way I want with that software because it has a mind of its own.
>> > maybe I should completely bag it and use irfanview?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Keyboard shortcuts for sales order processing
I would like to see windows keyboard shortcuts (funtion keys) for: SALES CUSTOMER DETAIL ENTRY SALES ITEM DETAIL ENTRY SALES MARKDOWN ENTRY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

Purchase Orders
Hello, I'm trying to create POs using GP (version 8.00g34) on our GP server, however going Transactions -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order Entry generates a "Cannot access this form because the dictionary containing it is not loaded." error. The other areas of GP (which I have access to) look OK. Could there be something wrong with my Dynamics.set file? We have workstations that use GP and the .set file looks the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris Check to make sure there security is not looking for an alternate Great Plains windo...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Why can't I see my pictures?
I cannot see my pictures? I am using Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. -- Miss Jackson Manhattan, NY Ms. Jackson <Laurynwms@hotmail.com> wrote: >I cannot see my pictures? I am using Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. And you can't see your text either, right? Read the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ms. Jackson" <Laurynwms@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7F3C0553-A0A5-464B-AC5C-9CB6DF494AA0@microsoft.com... >I ca...

order of days
Hi everyone, I have in A1:Ax dates, formatted as "mm.dd.yyy", i need a formula that will tell me which day is that day, but in the known way like monday, tuesday,.... i know how to do this, i want to get something like this: FIRST Monday of December 2008, like getting the date and telling me which monday of this month is it, or say second saturday, fourth wednesday, such things i mean. i know how to get the last part (Monday of December 2008) but i have no clue on how will i check which one is it? like first second, third? how can i do this? Thanks in advance for any help try this...

Customizing the contacts order in the Address Book
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop My address book has always had my business partner's email at the top, both in the main Address Book view and when I select a name from the Address Book in New Message (her first and last name start with letters in the middle of the alphabet). If I click on the Name field in either view, the names are not in alphabetical order either by first name or last name. It &quot;appears&quot; to be in the order I last updated the person's info in the Address Book. Essentially I want to keep ...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

Trend line wont go through the origin
I'm doing my chemistry coursework, but when I enter the data and make a trendline, the trendline doesn't start at x=0, y=0. how can I do this? Look in the Trendline Options tab; you can specify the value required fro the intercept - in your case 0 To get the slope's value into a cell, do not copy the trendline equation but rather use the SLOPE function. I am assuming you have a linear expression (must graphs I used in teaching chem were linear); if no see my website to learn about LINEST. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &q...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

How to paint some picture files(like Bitmap file) to the form?
I am a Visual C++ MFC programming beginner. I have an easy question that How to paint some picture files(like Bitmap file) to the form? Please help me. Thank you very much. I mean, many pictures, not only one or two. 1) Put a picture static control on the form. 2) Associate a control variable with the control. 3) Use SetBitmap(...) method of CStatic class. -- Vipin Aravind "Ke Xiaofeng" <kexiaofeng@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139910963.128022.81680@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I am a Visual C++ MFC programming beginner. I have an easy question > that How...

PICTURES
Why is it that the pictures on the Internet are not showing? The Internet is working but the pictures are not showing, what can I do about this situation? Please help ...

Business Portal Inventory and Mfg Orders
Hi all, I would like to display all my inventory in a web part, then when I click on a inventory line item, I would like a subscribing web part to display the manufacturing orders for that item. I have had no success in creating the proper publish (from the item web part) and subscribe (from the mfg web part) relationship. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance. ...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Embedded objects / pictures automatically enlarged upon clicking s
When I insert a picture or a Microsoft Object (e.g., Excel Worksheet Object), everything looks good, but when I click on Send the picture and/or object is enlarged to 333% and the email is sent. Note that I won't know if this has happened unless I open the sent email. Also, this happens about 60% of the time. Sometimes I'll have two objects/pictures in the same email, only one of which is enlarged. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to stop it (other than discontinuing using Word as the email editor)? I'm using Outlook 2003 (with Word 2003 as my ...

Dissappearing Purchase Orders
Has anybody else experienced all their purchase orders dissappearing from Store Ops in RMS version 2, SP1 ? ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

Inserting Picture in Signature in Office Pro 2003
Hi there, Just installed Office Pro 2003. Want to include a picture in my signature. Have Word set as editor. When I go into Tools\Options\Mail Format\Signatures and then Edit the created signature I then click on Advanced Edit which opens Notepad. Here I see lots of HTML code. Is there another program that can be used in place of Notepad in order to include a picture? What do I need to do in order to accomplish this? Must admit I didn't have this problem with Office 2000 Pro. Using Windows XP Pro with all updates applied. Thanks so much for your assistance. Lynn OK. I f...

Customer Relationship Management (CRM
Customer Relationship Management (CRM - October Edition) CRM Basics,CRM Objectives,Types of CRM : Operational CRM , Analytical CRM ,Collaborative CRM, CRM Implementation ,CRM Technical Functionalities ,Popular CRM's :: SugarCRM ,vTiger CRM , Daffodil CRM ,Future of CRM http://flying-rugs.com/crm/CRM.html ...

How to manage the From field with multiple accounts?
I have two email accounts in Outlook 2003, and as I understand it, they have to share one inbox and I can have rules that forward them to a sub-box. No problem. BUT, when I send email which account shows up in the FROM field? When they reply, which account address will it grab? I want to control which is used as I compose emails. This is important so replies go to the correct box. Make sense? Anyone know how I am to do this? Thanks. OK, I just found the Accounts drop list in new emails and that will work, but is there a way to make it less goof proof and automatic - like a two buttons for ...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...

Order versus Invoice
I am currently evaluating CRM 1.2 I am able to enter an order for lets say a contact or Account (I am assuming there is no difference). Is there a routine which creates an invoice from an order...or does this assume that CRM hooks on to an accounting /erp app which takes the order ships it and then uploads to the invoice table? John The manual process is to choose Actions > Add a Related > Invoice. This then carries over all the information in the order to ther invoice. HTTH Gill >-----Original Message----- >I am currently evaluating CRM 1.2 > >I am able to enter ...