how do I import footnotes to a publisher document ?

When I import a word document into plublisher, the footnotes do not show up.
How can I import the Whole document incluiding the footnotes

In Publisher 2002, one has to create headers/footers and then copy and paste
footnote text, because Publisher 2002 does not support footnotes directly..

Bear in mind that MS Publisher is a frame-based desktop publisher, as
opposed to MS Word that is a full blown word processor..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

"Tripleaxel1" <Tripleaxel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I import a word document into plublisher, the footnotes do not show
> up.
> How can I import the Whole document incluiding the footnotes

Mike Hall <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> was very recently heard to
utter:
> In Publisher 2002, one has to create headers/footers and then copy
> and paste footnote text, because Publisher 2002 does not support
> footnotes directly..

Aren't headers and footers for display on ALL pages rather than ONE page?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/6/2005 6:21:03 PM
Ed

Yes, they do, but unless you put text into them, they don't show (do
they?).. when printing out pages, I would have thought that footnotes should
appear in a protected part at the base of the page.. if this was not so,
some may end up mistakenly reading the footnote as a new paragraph and in
this way, lose continuity from the last word of the footnote to the first on
the next page.. :)

... Unless, of course, one is using a Newsletter style template in which
case, one wouldn't use footnotes anyway..

When doing publications for internal IBM use, I always kept footnotes at the
base of the page, but you have me wondering now.. I will go and find a book
that has footnotes and look to see how it was executed..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

> Mike Hall <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> In Publisher 2002, one has to create headers/footers and then copy
>> and paste footnote text, because Publisher 2002 does not support
>> footnotes directly..
>
> Aren't headers and footers for display on ALL pages rather than ONE page?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Mike Hall <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Yes, they do, but unless you put text into them, they don't show (do
> they?).. when printing out pages, I would have thought that footnotes
> should appear in a protected part at the base of the page.. if this
> was not so, some may end up mistakenly reading the footnote as a new
> paragraph and in this way, lose continuity from the last word of the
> footnote to the first on the next page.. :)

Yes the footnote should appear at the bottom of the page - but I thought
that the footer would display the *same text* on every page.  Which it does.
Which we don't want.

Footnotes are traditionally executed something like this

Lorem* ipsum page text ends here

__________
* Lorem ipsum dolor set amet

[PAGE TURN]
and begins again here.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/7/2005 8:13:10 AM
After having a another play this morning, I can see where you are coming
from.. that's not good at all is it.. to be honest with you, I didn't think
that Publisher carried anything over from one page to another other than
page numbering.. I will crawl into my corner and RTFM..

Tripleaxel1, I apologise for giving misleading advice re. the use of
headers/footers in Publisher.. I was right about the part where you have to
copy footnotes over separately, but you really DON'T want to put them into a
footer..

Ed, while I was playing around, I also looked up the meaning of 'Lorem ipsum
dolor.....  ' .. Having learned Latin from the age of 8 at school (one of
the many joys of a British Prep School education), I always accepted the
wording for what it appeared to be, but could never be bothered to find out
what it meant..

Now I know.. http://nwalsh.com/comp.fonts/FAQ/cf_36.htm

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

> Mike Hall <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> Yes, they do, but unless you put text into them, they don't show (do
>> they?).. when printing out pages, I would have thought that footnotes
>> should appear in a protected part at the base of the page.. if this
>> was not so, some may end up mistakenly reading the footnote as a new
>> paragraph and in this way, lose continuity from the last word of the
>> footnote to the first on the next page.. :)
>
> Yes the footnote should appear at the bottom of the page - but I thought
> that the footer would display the *same text* on every page.  Which it
> does. Which we don't want.
>
> Footnotes are traditionally executed something like this
>
> Lorem* ipsum page text ends here
>
> __________
> * Lorem ipsum dolor set amet
>
> [PAGE TURN]
> and begins again here.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Can't deserialize: throws exception "..error in XML document(2,2)"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C402AF.87BA91A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I get an exception ...." There is an error in XML document(2,2)." on = deserializing. Pls Help <?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8" ?>=20 <PresetRecord xmlns=3Dhttp://test> <CameraAPipeline type=3D"key"> <PresetID type=3D"dword">2</PresetID>=20 </CameraAPipeline> </PresetRecord> here'...

Way to import xls/csv files to money bank accounts
Hi I am interested in knowing if there is anyway to import csv/sxls files into microsoft money? I have recently started using MS money. I was keeping all my historical data in an xls file directly downloaded from financial institution. Thanks http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/f...

Publisher 2002 #13
I need an answer to a short term problem: - Have new PCs on the way - In the meantime the current PC (Win 98SE) is running out of disk space. - I need to know where Publisher 2002 creates/uses it's work space, e.g., Windows\temp OR in the Publisher 2002 directory OR ??? - I can add another physical hard drive, uninstall Publisher 2002 on the current HDD, install Publisher 2002 on the new HDD. - If all the space required by Publisher is place in the Publisher 2002 directory, my problem is addreessed for the short term. - If Publisher uses OTHER HDD space, how can I direct that spa...

Long Save Times in Publisher 2002 sp3
Hello all. I work in a hospital doing general PC and printer support and I was hoping you folks could help me resolve Publisher 2002 problem an HR employee is having. She is working on a newsletter (.pub, 160 MB) and when she tries to save it, it locks up Publisher (status changes to "Not Responding") and takes about 7 minutes. She is saving the document to a network drive, but the same thing happens if you try to save it locally. In an effort to resolve the problem, I ran Disk Cleanup, AdAware, Defragmented the drive and upgraded Publisher from 2002 sp1 to 2002 sp3. Before I did th...

Importing Outlook Fields into Excel
I want to export my Outlook calendar fields into Excel. How can I do it? Go to outlook File - Import and Export - and follow the instructions. Nancy wrote: > I want to export my Outlook calendar fields into Excel. > How can I do it? > > Hi in Outlook you should be able to export your data to a *.csv file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:195001c4aafc$08e96310$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I want to export my Outlook calendar fields into Excel. > How can I do it? > >...

trying to open old publisher files in Publisher 2003
I have old files from Windows version of publisher that I am grying to open up in Publisher 2003 Windows XP Anything below Publisher 95 will not open in 2003, all other versions will. Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pat's problem" <Patsproblem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D08C15-9386-48C6-B111-76AFAEF617FC@microsoft.com... >I have old file...

Publisher 2007 edges of transparent boxes print
I am using blocks with gradients and transparency to soften the edge of a photo, and colored blocks of text. The screen view is exactly what I want, but when I print it shows all of the edges of all of the blocks. Also, it shows the transparent side as dark gray, rather than transparent. Any ideas? Publisher has always had issues with transparency and gradients. A workaround is to create the block with the transparency, right-click, save as picture, use the ..png format. There are resolution choices. Insert the picture back into your publication. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

not displaying graphics in publisher 2003
I am unable to see any Clipart, WordArt. Lines or Autoshapes in publisher 2003. I have done a complete reinstall of xp and office 2003. All services packs are applied for office & xp. Clipart is displayed in all other office products ok. There's a possibility that you need to update your video driver. It might be worth a try to check your Video Adapter mfg's website for a more current version. -- John Inzer "Olddog" <Olddog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD69E4A5-0E61-4382-AD4E-C233E316BA73@microsoft.com... >I am unable to see any Clipar...

Public folder conflict deleted document
Hi, We're running a Small Business Server 2003. Today was the first day using public folders, and it failed miserably. I'm hoping there's a way out of this that I have missed... I created a post in a public folder with 2 Word documents attached. I was working on these docs with a colleague. He did some work in the documents while I was in them, saved the docs, and closed the post in his Outlook. When I went to save the documents, I received a conflict message. I didn't want to overwrite his changes, so I told Outlook to save 2 copies. When I went back to that folder, th...

Publishing Outlook Calendar
Hi All, Question: How many days does an Outlook Calendar remain available through Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 Beta, before the subscribers start having problems getting Calendar Updates? Scenario: Person who shared the Calendar gets sick and doesn't update the Calendar for over 3 days or connect to the Server. Now it is like every time I open Outlook, I need to enter my Username and Password to download the information. Does the Calendar get remove after a period of time? -- thecreator No, it doesn't get removed, but there was a problem with the pu...

Got a strange one here.... I am trying to load an XML document into memory in order to do stuff. Not a big deal, done it before, and it has always been pretty straight forward.... except this time it is weirding out on me. I have a load method which takes as an argument the web url of the document, then loads the info of the XML document into a DataTable for later use: Private Sub LoadComponents(ByVal WebURL As String) Dim xmlDom As New Xml.XmlDocument Dim MainNode As Xml.XmlNode Try xmlDom.Load(WebURL) MainNode...

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

Adjust Footnote top margin
Somehow in a Word 2007 document the footnote margin between the separator line and the top footnote has grown to 2.5cm. Is there any way that I can reduce/resize this this. FYI my other documents with footnotes have a normal top margin of less than 1cm. Probably empty paragraphs after the separator; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "ambanff" <ambanff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30E42FC4-8192-4BF1-BF6E-6AB4E7...

Quick parts create date doesn't pop up in a Word document after s.
On my computer I set up the CreateDate feature under Quick Parts and when I start to type the date it appears allowing me to hit enter / save keystrokes. Did the same on a co-workers computer but the date does NOT appear for selection. Why? Are you referring to the AutoComplete suggestion when starting to type a date in Word? First make sure that the correct language is applied to text. If that doesn't make a difference, try the following: Display the Visual Basic Editor, for example by pressing Ctrl+F11. Use Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate window. Type Application.Display...

Can you highlight text in Publisher 2007 (like you can in Word)?
When using Word, you can highlight text. Can this be done in Publisher 2007? If so, how? Create a fat line, send it to the back. Or a rectangle, fill with a color, no line, send to the back. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Beach Lover" <BeachLover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2021DDC7-80B5-4AB7-BAF0-4FDD27FB8EA0@microsoft.com... > When using Word, you can highlight text. Can this be done in Publisher 2007? > If so, how? This work around is great.....THANKS! "Ma...

numbered paragraphs in word document
I am working on a document in which I want every paragraph to have a paragraph number in the style [01], [02], etc. That's easy enough. However, I want to have section headings like "1.0 nnnn", "1.1 mmmm" as well as more ordinary paragraphs. I would like both the former and the latter to bear the bracketted paragraph numbers, e.g., [01] 1.0 nnnn [02] bla bla bla [03] 1.1 mmm [04] la la la la when I set up a separate style for the headings as to my liking, Word numbers those "paragraphs" independently from the pargraphs that have the Paragraph s...

No longer able to view pictures in Publisher Document
I am creating a document with many inserted photos. Everything was fine until I opened it today. All the photo areas are blank (the frame is there, but no photo). I checked the View menu and Pictures, but everything was set correctly. Why did this suddenly happen? What else can I try so the photos can be viewed (and most importantly, printed)? TN I checked further down in the "problem list" and found Ed Bennett's solution to move the hardware acceleration down 3 notches for my video driver. That Worked. I can see the photos OK in my other publisher documents with ful...

import pdf file in word
How can I import a PDF file in MSWord, even as a picture (not for editing)? If you have Acrobat Standard or Pro you can save the .pdf as a picture. (I just checked Adobe Reader 6.0 - you CANNOT do it there.) If you don't have Acrobat, any chance you have another Adobe product? I know I can save a .pdf as a .jpg in Photoshop Elements so I'll assume the same holds true for other Adobe products. If your answer is no to all of the above, you could print it out and scan it in. Or you can make a friend with someone who has Acrobat. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "...

How do I hide the comments in a Word document?
I want to be able to print a document without all of my comments. I go into Print Preview, and I can't seem to find the option for hiding the comments... Thank you for your help. You can turn off the markup from the Review Tab of Word 2007 (or the Review toolbar in earlier versions). -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< &...

publisher 2003 activation key is not working with vista
how come my activation key is not working on windows vista? cd and key perfectly worked on my previous machine running on xp. Use the phone activation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ilbruce" <ilbruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E88B01BA-5346-452D-9FF9-A69F32C4022B@microsoft.com... > how come my activation key is not working on windows vista? cd and key > perfectly worked on my previous machine running on xp. ...

Combining publisher documents #2
Is there any way in which two publisher documents can be combined into one? Or is there are way of copying whole documents to add it to another one? Open two sessions of Publisher, one with the file to copy from and one with the file you want to copy to. Copy, paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Ian Jones" <ianjones@bagma.com> wrote in message news:119a01c49975$36f51030$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way in which two publisher documents can be > combined into one? Or is there are way of copying whole > documents to add it to another one? ...

Does anyone know how to insert a pdf file into publisher?
I am trying to insert a .pdf file of a chart into publisher. Can anyone help. sue@baumannoonan.net wrote: > I am trying to insert a .pdf file of a chart into publisher. Can > anyone help. ====================== Have a look at the following srticle: Converting PDF Files So that they can be imported into Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/convertpdf -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for ...

How to search for text within publisher files
Good Morning all, maybe I am thick, I need to search for specific text within several publisher files, is this possible, if so, how do I achieve this task.. Many Thanks in anticipation !!! Use the SEARCH facility in Explorer. It searches in the files internally for any specific words you enter in the Search. You can search any folder for any phrase in the Windows search dialogue. In the Search Companion, click "All files and folders." If all your Publisher files are in the same folder, expand "look in" and search only the Publisher folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP htt...

How can I convert a Publisher 97 file to Publisher 2000 so I can o
I need to open a Publisher 97 file from a disk with my Publisher 2000 Deluxe edition. Pub 2000 says it can't open previous versions. Any ideas? Disable your anti-virus software and try again. If you have Norton, disable "script blocking" and in Norton options, misc. clear "Office Plug-in." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Picbro Okajun" <Picbro Okajun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E19BDCCA-4245-468C-A3F8-37C63FB5AA0F@microsoft.com... >I need to open a Pu...

Publisher
I made a flyer with color Wordart. However, my printer black and white only, so I thought setting colors to grayscale was the solution. Went to help and followed directions for commercial printing (Tools, Commercial Printing Tools, Color Printing). Chose single color--worked great, so saved. Meanwhile, I thought I had saved the color version under another name, so was okay. However, I had also saved other versions that I no longer needed, so I deleted those. When I went to open the version that I saved with the color version, it was now grayscale! Is there a way to reverse this? Pleas...