How do I hyperlink to a file located in a remote FTP?

I have a website for a bunch of rental properties. To expedite the
application process I have included a link to a downloadable WORD document. I
have uploaded the WORD document to my remote system through my host's FTP
client. NOW, how do I link publisher to that file? Thanks

Devin

You would create a hyperlink on one of your pages to the Word doc file. Keep
in mind that the user will have to have Word and will have to download and
save the file to fill it out.

"hooliganz_021" <hooliganz021@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have a website for a bunch of rental properties. To expedite the
| application process I have included a link to a downloadable WORD
document. I
| have uploaded the WORD document to my remote system through my host's FTP
| client. NOW, how do I link publisher to that file? Thanks
|
| Devin

0
webmaster911 (1600)

pst file that will not load
When trying to reload a pst file that we saved to backup before reformatting out drive and reloading the software we get an error that the pst file is not a personal folders file. In explorer it shows as a .pst and the file type is outlook data file. Any ideas on how to fix or load the file. Make sure the file isn't marked read-only. If it's on a CD, move it to your hard drive and remove the read-only attribute. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ...

Random signature from text file
Hi, This is my first post to this forum, and my first attempt at VBA in Outlook. I want to: generate a random number between X and Y open a text file for reading read the line from the file that corresponds to the random number concatenate some text to that line add the result to the signature of an email Can I do that with VBA? Could someone point me to some code examples to get me started? TIA, Charles This returns a random value: Dim MaxValue&, MinValue&, Result& Randomize Result = Int((MaxValue - MinValue + 1) * Rnd + MinValue) Here's an examp...

Project files issue.
Hello. I have download a sample from the msdn archive. When i opened the file i didn't find WSD file to open the whole project, i looked at the instructions and it's say's to open from the file with .sln extension, what is this file? and how can i open the whole project? Thanks Ron. Hi Ron, The .sln file is the "solution" file. Solution is a new term and file extension in VC7. Files of this type gathers all kinds of projects such as VB and VC. Bottom line: you've downloaded a sample for VC7 and there is no workspace(.dsw) file. -- Rog >-----Original Mess...

2003 will not open 2002 or previous files
I just loaded Office Publisher 2003 and am attempting to open old 2002 Publisher files. The files will not open. I have searched throught the progam and double clicked on the file. I get the message "Publisher cannot open file." It still opens fine in 2002 though. Please assist. Thank you. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Mary Hauck <MHauck@reshs.org>!"... > I just loaded Office Publisher 2003 and am attempting to > open old 2002 Publisher files. The files will not open. I > have searched throught the progam and double ...

file with udf extension
Hi I have a file with a udf extension. When I searched the several sites said that it was related to excel, so I opened it with excel. When opened, it is incomprehensible letters and symbols. Is there a way to convert it so that it is readabl? -- Thank-you! Ruth http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=*.udf&aq=f&aqi=g3g-s1g3&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=C_KkU1f8HTKKKAYXUM8vi_dAKAAAAqgQFT9AdQ5A&fp=7ea2d229f2f9fbeb -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Ruth" <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Missing View menu and File menu
Version: 2008 Somehow I have lost both my view and file menus. I tried to right click on the existing tool bar, with and without option and control buttons but get nothing. Which View are you in? (Bottom left corner of the Word window...) Sorry, but if you don't provide enough information, we can't answer. We all love a challenge, but if you make the game impossible, it becomes, well... "Impossible". On 15/12/09 1:14 PM, in article 59baf0a3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "umd16@officeformac.com" <umd16@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2...

Quota Limits to a file
Is there some tool or some way to dumb all the Quota Limits to a file ? It would be most helpful to easily create a file from where I could check each mailboxes limits... I have put one general warning limit to 50mb, but some users have bigger or smaller limits as well. Can't you do it with ESM, via menu at the top? Jaska wrote: > Is there some tool or some way to dumb all the Quota Limits to a file ? > > It would be most helpful to easily create a file from where I could check > each mailboxes limits... I have put one general warning limit to 50mb, but > some users ha...

RECENTLY USED FILE LIST #3
The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activate? Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS... If the 'Recently Used File List:' checkbox is uncheck, check it. HTH, Gary Brown "bvanepps" wrote: > The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activate? The box is not available, that is the problem. Thanks "Gary Brown" wrote: > Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS... > If the 'Recently Used File List:' checkbox is uncheck, check it. > HTH, > Gary Brown > > "bvanepps" wrote: > > > The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activ...

Viewing works for sin 95 files
How can I view files I created in Works for Windows 95 in Excel 2003? I remember that I found an add on for Excel XP but don't remember where I found it. <g> Thanks in advance. BoB. Hi if you still have MS Works available try saving the file within MS Works as Excel file. Excel does not have an import filter for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BoB Brazie" <?bbrazie@knowledge1.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u4Rf#2KHEHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can I view files I created in Works for Windows 95 in Excel 2003? > > I remember th...

Saving .xlb file?
I copied my .xlb file from one computer to another from a CD. Apparently, that made the file read-only. I keep trying to modify the toolbars on the second computer, but the changes never stick. And I can't open the .xlb file -any time I try, it just opens Personal.xls. How would I change the ..xlb from read-only so I can save it with my changes? Ed I like to find where excel stores the toolbar file before I put the transfered version there. I'd start excel and then tools|customize create a new (dummy) toolbar. Add an icon to it. Now close excel and then use windows start|sea...

Creation of bitmap and save to a file
I want to create a bitmap of size 120X120 with system color filled. Then this bitmap should be saved in a bmp file. Could somebody help me out of this. Thanks in Advance Regards There are a few image tools out on the market and web. Have you tried any? ...

Copying files to disc with pictures
Hi, I have tried to copy my publisher files from my hard drive to a cd but when I open the files from the cd on a different computer the pictures do not show up. Anyone know how I copy so that the pictures are included as well? Thanks, Brian If the images are linked rather than imbedded, the images will not copy. Otherwise Publisher does not do well opening from a removable disk. Drag the file to your hard drive and open again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

cannot find file
In OUtlook 2003, when trying to open an attachment I'm about to SEND, I receive the message "the system can not open the file specified." I like to check before I send them to make sure I have the correct documents attached. It worked fine in 2000. Does anyone know what's wrong? ...

Inserting Sheets from multiple files
I am trying to find out if it is possible to take the 1st sheet from multiple workbooks in a directory (ie. C:\data) and append them into the first sheet of a single workbook? Thanks, Fred -- fgwiii There is no built-in Excel tool to do this. You could write a macro to do it of course. Sorry I do not have an example. -- Jim "fgwiii" <fgwiii.1xvu0v@news.excelbanter.com> wrote in message news:fgwiii.1xvu0v@news.excelbanter.com... | | I am trying to find out if it is possible to take the 1st sheet from | multiple workbooks in a directory (ie. C:\data) and append th...

CommandText in RDLC file (VS2010)
I had a routine in VS2008 to get the commandtext sql command from RDLC files. (commandtext tag of the RDLC file read as xml stream) After installed VS2010 Beta 2 the routine does not work anymore. I saw now the sql commandtext says "/* Local Query */", not the real t-sql command. Is this configurable in VS2010 ? ...

Cleaning up log files under \Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA folder?
One of our exchange server is running out of space, I noticed there are a lot of .log files under \Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA, which was dated since day 1 when Exchange Server was created. What is the standard procedure in cleaning those up? These are your Exchange transaction log files; do not interfere with them manually. You need to perform an online backup with an Exchange aware backup program. This will purge the log files on a nightly basis (assuming you choose a full or incremental backup). As a short-term measure, you could enable circular logging, but this will limit your abil...

Opening a Pub 2000 file in Pub 2003
I just got Publisher 2003 and want to import or open my Pub 2000 files. How can I do this? -- ~~~~~ Scott Whittaker SonoranSites scott@sonoransites.com www.sonoransites.com I'm only running Pub 2000 and 2000 so I'm going to guess....................just open the file? "Scott Whittaker" <scott@sonoransites.com> wrote in message news:0tblb.103626$gv5.51686@fed1read05... > I just got Publisher 2003 and want to import or open my Pub 2000 files. How > can I do this? > > -- > ~~~~~ > Scott Whittaker > SonoranSites > scott@sonoransites.com > ...

Outlook cannot save the URL to a file...
I regularly receive zipped attachments that I save to disk and then unzip. After a break of about a week in receiving files, the functionality is broken. I click the attachment in the message, choose save to disk and get the dialog to save the attachment. It will not save. It always responds that "Outlook cannot save the URL to a file ..." I tried various things, including going back to try retrieving attachments to earlier messages that had retrieved flawlessly. They failed in the same way. I'm not aware of what I might have changed to bring about the changed functionality...

Hyperlinks in a multi-page mht file
Please forgive my post if this is the incorrect forum, I'm looking for help with troubleshooting links in a .mht file. I'm using Publisher 2003, SP2 and running IE 6.0.2900 I have a 4-page mht document and pages 1, 3 and 4 have intra-page links (links to other places on the same page) as well as the standard navigation links between the 4 pages. All the standard hyperlinks work. All the html-fragment links work on page 1, but on pages 3 and 4, the html-fragment links to other sections of those pages don't work, they just give a "Page could not be displayed error&qu...

how to pass parameters to xsl from my aspx file

Open File Dialog
I am modifying an application that allows the user to add files to a list box and will then process these files. I need the list box to fill with files on loading and then be able to launch a CFileDialog box. For reasons unknown unless you launch the CFileDialog object first then fill the box with the rest of the list the CFileDialog box will not launch. I am looking for suggestions or a reason that this is happening..... >I am modifying an application that allows the user to add >files to a list box and will then process these files. I >need the list box to fill with files...

Source Import File is Corrupt
Today I attempted to export all of my contacts from a hosted CRM. The exported file was saved as an Excel .csv file. I opened the file in Excel and everything appears fine. But, when I try to import the file into MS CRM I get the following error message: "The source import file is corrupt." Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, how were you able to get around it? this means that there are some strange characters in the file that is causing CRM to complain there are many functions in excel that can replace characters with others you might want to import the data into acces...

remove the file path showing on the invitations I send out
When I send out an invitation to a meeting and the person accepts, the system places the meeting and THE FILE PATH on the calendar. For example, on the very bottom of the invite it says "In Shared folder" (shows a calendar pic and then has the file path of "WIKNI Conf room and class room" ) When the person accepts the meeting, the appointment goes on the calendar, but adds that file path to the information. So when one sees a mtg scheduled on their calendar, it may say Team Mtg Hospital conference room (which is fine) but it adds the "WIKNI Conf room and ...

Excel Form File Errors
I have built an Excel 2003 form with a number of simple controls however when I load the workbook I am getting a mixture of core excel errors from "catastrophic" to "file/path" errors to just a note saying Excel has encountered an error do I want to post it to Microsoft! The form works fine if I close down excel completely/reload, then load up the workbook again. I have VB code showing the form automatically at startup in the Workbook_Open() sub. Have tried 'Unload' but this does not cure the problem. Any ideas anybody - very frustrating! -- hartleydc ------...

Font files have disappeared from the folder but are still listed in the registry???
After going around the world, I'm still at a loss. I'm desperate and hope somebody can help me. I'm running Windows XP, and I'm trying to install the Office 2007 Home and Student Edition. I uninstalled Office 2003 before starting the new install. Not sure if that caused the problem. Anyway, when trying to install 2007, I keep getting a 1304 error saying that I don't have access to the C:\WINDOWS\Fonts directory, and it can't write the GOTHIC.TTF file. If I try to open the Fonts folder through explorer, it just hangs. If I go into DOS and do a dir *.* command, it...