How do I get 4 postcards per page (blank -- me create)

If all the cards will be different. File, page setup, landscape.  Arrange, zero
margins, grid guides, 2 columns, 2 rows. zero spacing. Understand your printer's
margin limitations.

If all the cards will be the same, page setup, postcards. If you are using 2007,
use the first landscaped Avery template.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"how do i ?" <how do i ?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/11/2007 8:52:16 PM
I see how to do what you said in the first paragraph, but not the second.
When I go to Avery, it doesn't arrange my postcard. Is it supposed to?
BTW--when I go to Pub Help and type in postcards, I just get 50 million
references to templates. I want to know how to do something. Why doesn't
publisher give me that info or give it to me first?
Thank you for your help.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If all the cards will be different. File, page setup, landscape.  Arrange, zero
> margins, grid guides, 2 columns, 2 rows. zero spacing. Understand your printer's
> margin limitations.
>
> If all the cards will be the same, page setup, postcards. If you are using 2007,
> use the first landscaped Avery template.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "how do i ?" <how do i ?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
lindalou (49)
1/7/2008 8:19:02 PM
When you use the Avery template, there will be one postcard on your screen.
After you design this card, look at print preview, all four cards will be the
same.

How to create postcard layouts in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312156/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"lindalou" <lindalou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I see how to do what you said in the first paragraph, but not the second.
> When I go to Avery, it doesn't arrange my postcard. Is it supposed to?
> BTW--when I go to Pub Help and type in postcards, I just get 50 million
> references to templates. I want to know how to do something. Why doesn't
> publisher give me that info or give it to me first?
> Thank you for your help.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If all the cards will be different. File, page setup, landscape.  Arrange,
>> zero
>> margins, grid guides, 2 columns, 2 rows. zero spacing. Understand your
>> printer's
>> margin limitations.
>>
>> If all the cards will be the same, page setup, postcards. If you are using
>> 2007,
>> use the first landscaped Avery template.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "how do i ?" <how do i ?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/7/2008 10:25:45 PM
For whatever reason, this does not work. However, I have figured out a way
around this which I'll post to help anyone else with this problem.

To make a postcard:

1.Choose 8 ½ by 11, landscape.
2. Set margins to zero.
3. Drag the ruler to create your margins.
4. Copy the postcard 3X onto the same page in your document.
5. Drag each postcard to the appropriate margin.

If, for whatever reason, you want to turn two of the postcards so that they
are printing upside down, then

1.Choose 8 ½ by 11, landscape.
2. Set margins to zero.
3. Drag the ruler to create your margins.
4. Copy the postcard onto the same page in your document.
5. Rotate the postcard. If you use Flip, it will not be an exact duplicate.
6. Copy the rotated postcard and another of the right-side up postcards.
7. Drag each postcard to the appropriate margin.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> When you use the Avery template, there will be one postcard on your screen.
> After you design this card, look at print preview, all four cards will be the
> same.
>
> How to create postcard layouts in Publisher

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "lindalou" <lindalou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I see how to do what you said in the first paragraph, but not the second.
> > When I go to Avery, it doesn't arrange my postcard. Is it supposed to?
> > BTW--when I go to Pub Help and type in postcards, I just get 50 million
> > references to templates. I want to know how to do something. Why doesn't
> > publisher give me that info or give it to me first?
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> If all the cards will be different. File, page setup, landscape.  Arrange,
> >> zero
> >> margins, grid guides, 2 columns, 2 rows. zero spacing. Understand your
> >> printer's
> >> margin limitations.
> >>
> >> If all the cards will be the same, page setup, postcards. If you are using
> >> 2007,
> >> use the first landscaped Avery template.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "how do i ?" <how do i ?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
lindalou (49)

Filtered Lookups
Hi, I wanted to filter values in one lookup (Lkup2 ) based on the selection made in another lookup (Lkup1) Is there a way I can achieve this without 1 - going for any paid products or 2 - modifying the CRMWeb\_controls\lookup\lookupsingle.aspx page Thank you very much Check this out, it has it http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=634508DC-1762-40D6-B745-B3BDE05D7012&displaylang=en Have a look here: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/35418198/how-to-restrick-a-lookup.aspx this thread was about filtering the lookup of "primary contact" to contacts ...

CRM 4 bulk email
I am trying to send bulk email from the quick campaigns, everything looks good - but when I go to System settings it gives me a 'send pending' message, as if I need to 'do' something else. I've checked the box to auto send on completion. Anyone else having this problem? -- Jen This is ok for a short time. emails are not send directly - this is a task of the asynchronous service of crm. and: sometimes the email-router is a bit ... slow. there is a patch around to speed it up: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952019/en-us ...

A Crystal Beginner

Estimating memory usage per worksheet
Is it possible to get an estimate of the file size of a spreadsheet by individual worksheet? I cannot think of a worksheet property that would contain this, so I assume that one needs to count sheet elements and apply a per-object memory value (this only needs to be an estimate) to get the estimat. Any help would, as always, be much appreciated Thanks in advance Simon I'd try this. Start a new workbook -- with just a single sheet. Save this workbook. Note the size (using windows explorer). Then against a copy of the real workbook (just in case you mess up), c...

Copy row2 cells down to last cell where the whole row isn't all blank
Hi Colo, I tried to run your code to copy formula in cell K2 (I place the cursor on cell K2) down to last cell in column K, it doesn't copy down the formula. Is there anything missing from the code ? Please help and thanks very much! Sub Cell2CopyToEnd() Dim col As Long col = ActiveCell.column Range(Cells(2, col), Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp)).Formula = _ Cells(2, col).Formula End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I put a value in K99 (so the macro knew when to quit) and I put a formula in K2. With K2 selected, I ran the code and it worked fine. The co...

Duplicate cells #4
I have an excel spreadsheet of approximately 1500 Names,addressses etc. there are many duplicate cells of which I want to delete the duplicates and I am looking for the best way to accomplish this. I am new to excel and using formulas but if there is a way to use color to point out the duplicates, that would be very helpfull, thanks You could try to use Advanced Filter to get rid of the duplicates. Ensure that you have headers in row 1 (Name, Address_1, Address_2 etc) and highlight all the data including the headers. Then click Data | Filter | Advanced Filter and in the pop up click Un...

Get paid while you get online!!

how can I find out trace dependents on other pages
I want to find out trace dependents, how can I find out trace dependents on other pages? -- PETER After clicking Tools > Formula Auditing > Trace Precedents/Dependents, if you were to double-click on the dotted arrow that points to a mini sheet icon, that'll bring up a "Go To" dialog to navigate to either the precedent(s) / dependent(s) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Peter" <peter.oellinger@t-online.de> wrote in message news:7280B569-F4B6-4EB4-A79A-6852BAF7949E@microsoft.com... >I want to find out trace depen...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Mailbox permission #4
I have been running an Exchange 2000 server on a Windows 2000 server and am setting up a clustered Exchange 2003 server on two Windows 2003 servers that I plan to migrate everyone to. No active employee has been moved yet to the new 2003 server (just a test account, which is working). I recenty discovered that any employee can open any other employee's exchange folders from their Outlook (I have no idea if this became possible before or after the 2003 install and would like to fix it before anyone else discovers this is possible). The only place I can find permissions for mailboxes ...

outlook express address book #4
Getting new computer and want everything in my address book to move to new computer. Besides email address I also have other info like people's home addresses and phone numbers and birth dates. How do I get those all to go to my new computer. I really don't want to have to retype them all. copy the .dbx file to the new machine. You will find several. Also, please note, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress f...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

How do I get??

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Can I share a table template I created in Quick Tables?
I have created a few table templates and saved them into the Quick Tables in Word. I would like to make these available for other users of my document. What can I do to make these ready available in their Quick Tables short of saving them individually to each work station? Can they import or save them when they open your document? "brigla5" wrote: > I have created a few table templates and saved them into the Quick Tables in > Word. I would like to make these available for other users of my document. > What can I do to make these ready available in th...

How to export Excell page to print in Word program
I do have one page of Excel with resume information that want to add as the second page of my resume. The first page of my resume is in the Word program (it prints well, no problem with that), then I want to add a second page to print on the back of this first page (which is what I did in Excel; it uses tables, so that is why the second page has to be done in Excel). I have a duplex printer, so my printer can print second pages on the back of the first page well. My problem is: When I try to copy my Excel page and then paste it onto the second page of my first page Word resume, the pa...

Display a person's age in years & months: for example 4;11
How do you show a person's chronological age in years & months in Excel: I want the age to show up as 4;11 (4 yr 11 mo), not as 4.91. Thanks! long winded but it works for me. =ROUNDDOWN(((TODAY()-A1)/365.25),0 &";"&ROUNDDOWN(MOD((TODAY()-A1),365.25)/365.25*12,0) A1 contains the persons birth date -- dcronj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dcronje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=528 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26285 Hi, Try =DATEDIF(A1,...