how do I format text as strikethrough in Publisher 2003?

I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher
2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect
document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough.  I have even tried
to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at,
except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text.

I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text
in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format
the text in this way.  Can anyone help?
0
Lutter (1)

You will have to manually draw a line through the text.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"James Lutter" <James Lutter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher
> 2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect
> document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough.  I have even tried
> to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at,
> except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text.
>
> I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text
> in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format
> the text in this way.  Can anyone help?

0
gsauer (5094)
11/10/2005 8:44:47 PM
Thank you Mary for your very quick response.  I had thought of doing that but
there are about 300 pages in my document that have strikethrough text and
several paragraphs at a time.  It is not feasible to represent the text in
this way.

Surely there is a way to format text as strikethrough in Publisher, its
available in every other office application.  It would be like Microsoft
specificly deleted this ability from publisher.

Is there any other way of formatting the text to strikethrough?

James Lutter wrote:
> Thank you Mary for your very quick response.  I had thought of doing
> that but there are about 300 pages in my document that have
> strikethrough text and several paragraphs at a time.  It is not
> feasible to represent the text in this way.
>
> Surely there is a way to format text as strikethrough in Publisher,
> its available in every other office application.  It would be like
> Microsoft specificly deleted this ability from publisher.
>
> Is there any other way of formatting the text to strikethrough?

Publisher doesn't have this feature.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
11/10/2005 9:05:55 PM
That has got to be one of the hugest oversights on Microsoft's behalf that I
have ever seen.  Unbelievable.

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> James Lutter wrote:
> > Thank you Mary for your very quick response.  I had thought of doing
> > that but there are about 300 pages in my document that have
> > strikethrough text and several paragraphs at a time.  It is not
> > feasible to represent the text in this way.
> >
> > Surely there is a way to format text as strikethrough in Publisher,
> > its available in every other office application.  It would be like
> > Microsoft specificly deleted this ability from publisher.
> >
> > Is there any other way of formatting the text to strikethrough?
>
> Publisher doesn't have this feature.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.

This seems to work to get Publisher text converted to strikethrough or
double strikethrough.

Putting on my laboratory coat and sending Igor off for Martinis I did the
following:

This is ugly but any port in a storm:

Copied text from Publisher 2000, pasted to Word 97, converted to
strikethrough in Word, then did a copy in Word, and Paste Special as a
Microsoft Word Object into Publisher.  You'll want to set your margins the
same in Word as in Publisher.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

> That has got to be one of the hugest oversights on Microsoft's behalf that
> have ever seen.  Unbelievable.
>
> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> James Lutter wrote:
>> > Thank you Mary for your very quick response.  I had thought of doing
>> > that but there are about 300 pages in my document that have
>> > strikethrough text and several paragraphs at a time.  It is not
>> > feasible to represent the text in this way.
>> >
>> > Surely there is a way to format text as strikethrough in Publisher,
>> > its available in every other office application.  It would be like
>> > Microsoft specificly deleted this ability from publisher.
>> >
>> > Is there any other way of formatting the text to strikethrough?
>>
>> Publisher doesn't have this feature.
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.

James, Publisher is a page layout application. Word has all the tools you need for a
long document and in my opinion 300 pages is a long document.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"James Lutter" <JamesLutter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That has got to be one of the hugest oversights on Microsoft's behalf that I
> have ever seen.  Unbelievable.
>
> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> James Lutter wrote:
>> > Thank you Mary for your very quick response.  I had thought of doing
>> > that but there are about 300 pages in my document that have
>> > strikethrough text and several paragraphs at a time.  It is not
>> > feasible to represent the text in this way.
>> >
>> > Surely there is a way to format text as strikethrough in Publisher,
>> > its available in every other office application.  It would be like
>> > Microsoft specificly deleted this ability from publisher.
>> >
>> > Is there any other way of formatting the text to strikethrough?
>>
>> Publisher doesn't have this feature.
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.

0
gsauer (5094)
11/10/2005 10:19:11 PM
You could always use the excellent Serif PagePlus 11 software that does
this, with the exception of double strikethrough. You won't even need
Primo pdf to create a pdf file - it also does this (as the next version
of Pub is supposedly going to do). :-)

Mike

James Lutter wrote:
> That has got to be one of the hugest oversights on Microsoft's behalf that I
> have ever seen.  Unbelievable.
>
> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>

>>James Lutter wrote:
>>
>>>Thank you Mary for your very quick response.  I had thought of doing
>>>that but there are about 300 pages in my document that have
>>>strikethrough text and several paragraphs at a time.  It is not
>>>feasible to represent the text in this way.
>>>
>>>Surely there is a way to format text as strikethrough in Publisher,
>>>its available in every other office application.  It would be like
>>>Microsoft specificly deleted this ability from publisher.
>>>
>>>Is there any other way of formatting the text to strikethrough?
>>
>>Publisher doesn't have this feature.
>>--
>>Brian Kvalheim
>>Microsoft Publisher MVP
>>http://www.publishermvps.com

>>confers no rights.

0
wordwiz (948)
11/10/2005 10:40:26 PM
Mike Koewler wrote:
> You could always use the excellent Serif PagePlus 11 software that
> does this, with the exception of double strikethrough. You won't even
> need Primo pdf to create a pdf file - it also does this (as the next
> version of Pub is supposedly going to do). :-)

You are worse than a billboard :-)
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
11/10/2005 10:46:16 PM
Brian,

I no it, but I only post things like this when Pub doesn't have the
feature. I just got a Pub file and I have the program, but it doesn't
look correct - but then again, I don't know the program that well. I
don't know if I'm working with a designer that ought not be allowed to
use a computer or if she just has a strange idea of what looks decent.
The question (with a small screenshot) is in a new thread.

Mike

Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote:
> Mike Koewler wrote:
>
>>You could always use the excellent Serif PagePlus 11 software that
>>does this, with the exception of double strikethrough. You won't even
>>need Primo pdf to create a pdf file - it also does this (as the next
>>version of Pub is supposedly going to do). :-)
>

> You are worse than a billboard :-)
0
wordwiz (948)

negative number format

Opening Attachments in 2003
This is so frustrating! In my line of work, I get numerous attachments of .zip, .doc, .txt and .pdf. I have NAV running and scanning all incoming email. Sometimes, when I right click on the attachment and select "Open" (or double click on the attachment), I get an "Attachment Security Warning" that makes me save the file to the hard drive, which I really don't always want to do. However, sometimes, I can open the file with no problem. Why would I even have a problem with a .txt file? Surely those can't carry viruses, can they? Can I over-ride this? Why...

How to prevent automatic Forwarding on Exchange Server 2003?
If I dissable 'Allow automatic forward' in Exchange Server 2003 to internet recipients, what will happen to the rule when a user created before the rule was actually dissabled? Will the rule work for that user or it won't? What error message a user will receive when the rule is dissable. Any help is much appreicated. If you disable that feature the rules will start working and messages start flowing to external email messsages. User will not recieve any error messages. It is not a good idea to disable that feature as you may get in to loop of NDR's as if external emai...

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

Save as Text File with Semi-Colon delimiter
I need to save a file from Excel 2000 to a text file with a semi colon delimiter. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Many Thanks Mark I don't know if you can do this directly in Excel but it is pretty quick to do it using Excel and Word 1) Save file in Excel as "Text (Tab Deliminated) 2) Close file and select NO on warning message 3) Open text file in Wor 4) If your data was across row 1 then use Replace>More>Special>Tab Character and enter ; for "replace with If your data was down column A then use Replace>More>Special>Paragraph Mark an...

exchange 2003 wont send mail
i have exchge2003 set it up about a week ago. and all was fine. until today when i notice no mail is going out. and can recieve mail from various place ok. but out going mail is just getting lost. The question is where to i look first to trouble shoot this. Now i can send mail enternally with no problem James, What is the problem? You state "and all was fine. until today when i notice no mail is going out." Then you state "Now i can send mail enternally with no problem" And you say you can receive email from outside, so I am confused as to what the problem is. Dan ...

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

I can not get the text to print
I have a floor plan that I ahve created with text describing structure and such. The problem I am having is that when I go to print preivew it shows the document as I intend it. When I print the page the shapes and structures are there but no text. What am I doing wrong? "J Hendriks" <J Hendriks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E8F0B2-4252-46EB-8B84-F7FBED77FD61@microsoft.com... >I have a floor plan that I ahve created with text describing structure and > such. The problem I am having is that when I go to print preivew it shows > the > docume...

sp1 2003
hi all anyone run into any issues with sp1 for 2003 and exchange 2003? My server is also the DC (not SBS) Thanks Had no issues myself so far. You could run in an issue if you install the Security Control Wizard which is shipped with SP1 but needs to be installed in a separate step as described here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/003/sp1scw.htm Alex "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EA5F1A-2EB4-4678-9D25-62D3BCE77ABD@microsoft.com... > hi all anyone run into any issues with sp1 for 2003 and exchange 2003? My > server i...

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Urgent help: Money 2004 trial back to 2003
Hi. I have received money 2003 with my laptop last year and used it ever since. Resently I downloaded the 2004 trial version and used it for the monthly period. As I just use it for my home finances I didn't see a need to buy the 2004 version just yet and so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the 2003 version. The problem is that I can't open my money file anymore or restore the backup. I have tried installing the 2005 trial, but that doesn't work either. What can I do? please help... sam I can't speak for what's going on with M05. That should work, though you mig...

Conditional Formating Help

lookup text within string of text???
I need to look up "certain critera" within a string of characters, then return that "certain criterea" to a new column. Some examples of a strings of characters may look like these: K5J091509001 Sample PO#S881009 K55sample PO CarrieRJR TJ5 My "Certain Critera" I have listed on another sheet, named "REP ID" K5J S88 K55 RJR TJ5 How do I pull out the 3 characters of "Certain Criterea" from the string of text and copy or enter it into a new column? It's never consistant. This is the problem I'm having! Sales Reps enter...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Capturing Shape Name/Text from OnAction property
How can I capture (assign) the text content of a shape (rectangle)into a procedure using the OnAction property for the shape? I have many shapes (rectangles) on a worksheet, each of which is named. When a shape is clicked, I need to assign the 'Characters.Text' content of that shape to a variable in the procedure called by the OnAction property. I am trying to create a usable 'generic' procedure rather than having a separate procedure for each shape. William, Do you have a separate procedure for each shape, or does each shape call the same procedure. Regards, Jim...

How do I mail merge for postcards in MS Publisher 2 or 4 per page.
Can anyone help? Create a mail merge Step by step instructions http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052584251033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "reechemist" <reechemist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E75713-F19E-4AA3-81E8-98E0BFD795A5@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help? ...

Excluding Alpha character in text field by filtering.
I have a query based on a table./ I have one numeric field that has alphanumber entries: A2000-000; 101010010,A2004, etc.. I what the filter to exclude all records that have an apph beginning - ie. in eg. above exclude: A2000-000,A2004. How do I do this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. You could use WHERE Left$(AlphanumericField, 1) NOT BETWEEN "A" AND "Z" or WHERE Val(AlphanumeriField) <> 0 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Grace" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news...