How do I fit A4 text into A5 in publisher?

I have an A4 document in publisher which I want to convert to A5; that was
easy but the text remains the same size and runs over the margins. How can i
resize the text to fit the A5 pages?
0
John1063 (943)

Select the text box, Format, AutoFit text...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I have an A4 document in publisher which I want to convert to A5; that was
> easy but the text remains the same size and runs over the margins. How can i
> resize the text to fit the A5 pages?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Formula that will recongize text
I have a spreadsheet with one page for my report and another page that holds my data that is updated on a regular basis so I automated it. The problem is my formula only recognizes numbers and the data contains numbers and text. I use sumif because there is not any repeated data. Here is my formula: =SUMIF('Morning Star '!$A$1:$A$25,$N$3,'Morning Star '!B$1:B$26) > =SUMIF('Morning Star '!$A$1:$A$25,$N$3,'Morning Star '!B$1:B$26) > The problem is my formula only recognizes numbers and the data contains > numbers and text. You can't SUM tex...

Restarting Numbering when using Include Text Fields in a Pseudo-Master Document
We are using Word 2003. I have a pseudo master document that I set up using Include Text fields. I am not using the master document feature at all. Each of the "subdocuments" has numbering in it (scrupulously following Shawna Kelley's guidelines). Of course, when I look at each of these documents, the numbering starts at A, B, C... When I update the fields in the main document, the numbering is continuous and does not restart for each subdocument. Is there a way to indicate that the numbering should restart at the beginning of each subdocument, either by d...

Looking For A4 perforated card
Hi I am looking for A4 card approx 160g that in landscape view is divided 2 across x 3 down with perforations to give 6off 148.5mm x 70mm cards per page. Canary yellow in colour Anyone know if this is available in the UK -- Martin You may have to be satisfied purchasing yellow card stock and a sharp cutting device. -- Mary Sauer http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:3c91945o2l39gbkgcpd8bameuk1atq07cn@4ax.com... > Hi > I am looking for A4 card approx 160g that in landscape view is ...

Limiting physical length of text in a text box control
I am creating a restrictive form in XL2K. Anybody know how I can limit the length of text typed into a text box control to the physical size of the text box I created. I can only seem to limit the number of characters. Many thanks Thought i'd bump this up just incase there might be some fresh eyes that can give it a shot. Thx Again "XL2Know" wrote: > I am creating a restrictive form in XL2K. Anybody know how I can limit the > length of text typed into a text box control to the physical size of the text > box I created. I can only seem to limit the number o...

Text and graphics/pictures
How do I get the graphics to move with the text in a publication. I know it can be done because I import from another program and the picture frames move with the text, like in Word. -- Claudia Claudia, See your previous post. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Claudia" <Claudia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDE6DEFA-D833-440A-8908-61A11EF7A57B@microsoft.com... > How do I get the graphics to move with the text in a publication. I know it > can be done because I import from ano...

Fitting characters to a grid
In Excel I will have a grid sized 36 x 36, and this grid is subdivided into 36 6 x 6 boxes. What I would like to do is auto fill the grid randomly with the characters A-Z and 0-9. However, in each row and in each column, each character will appear only once. In addition, each character will appear only once in each 6 x 6 box. Sort of like a giant Sudoku puzzle. Any idea how I could formulate this? Marcus WOW!!!:eek: You do not want much do you???:rolleyes: Just to be sure I understand. In row 1 (for example) you would have a-z then 0-9 (randomly distributed) in columns "A" ...

Any way to XOR text?
I want to write text with a TRANSPARENT mode and XOR-ing the text-color so that writing it twice will leave the underlying drawing undisturbed. So far I've tried both TextOut() and DrawText() with just about every possible combination of things I could think of and haven't been able to do this. It may well be impossible and what I simply may need to do is to completely redraw the underlying window and then rewrite text as required but that seems quite wasteful of bandwidth. TIA Norm I should definitely change my signature to "GDI+" :-) It is another post con...

Seperating text if there's more than a one space between them
Hi all I need to seperate text in a column into different columns. Text to columns doesn't work because it seperates all the text. In this column, I need the text that has more than three spaces between it to be moved. Eg. A1= Flat 1 Sky Way Scotland SW1 A2= 23 Dock Road Docklands DK3 A3= 161 Speed Drive Gasville GV7 Between the first set of text and the second, there is a minimum of 3 spaces. I desperately need the second lot in the second column. The Postcode is two spaces after the town's name which must not be affected, but rather move with the town's nam...

How to change the text of a menu item dynamically?
Hi to all, I created a dialog-based project with Visual C++ 6.0 and added to the dialog a menu. This menu is the following: File Help Sound On About Exit Everything is working fine so far. What I want to do, is change the text of the menu item "Sound On" to "Sound Off" every time the user clicks on it. I am using the CCmdUI* pCmdUI of the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler to do it as follows: void CMyDlg::OnUpdateFileSound(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { TRACE("OnUpdate\n"); pCmdUI->SetText(m_bSound ? "Sound On" : "Sound Of...

Outlook 2003 and plain-text
I've noticed something odd about O2K3 and the way it deals with plain text. If you (like me) do not want to read e-mail in HTML, DOC, RichText, etc. but prefer good old plain text, there is now an option under "Tools -> Option -> E-mail Options" to "Read all standard mail in plain format." All well and good, right? Well, perhaps. What O2K3 is actually doing is re-formatting _all_ messages, from whatever they might be, into HTML, then setting the font to "Courier" for all parts. So, an e-mail that was _originally_ marked as MIME type text/plai...

Iwebs 1.3- Free Open Source Web Publishing platform for bloggers and Website builders released today.
Iwebs 1.3- Free Open Source Web Publishing platform for bloggers and Website builders released today. Iwebs 1.3 with new features and themes and layouts can be downloaded here. - http://webs.investorline.co.in/2008/09/download-iwebs/ Updates & Features =96 =95 New Theme =96 Strict - The Conceditor WP Strict Theme is free theme for the Iwebs & Wordpress Community to use as see fit. Modify it, change it, colorize it . Theme designed by - Conceditor Media =95 Themes updated for Google Adsense/adbrite/Bidvertiser - Ad- clerum-10 , Blogging-pro , Box-tube , Classic ,Darkwater-10 ,WP- D...

Scatterplot with a best-fit line
How do i create one scatterplot with three separate data sets and a best-fit line to go with each set? Make an XY chart with the first set of X-Y values. Copy the second set of X-Y values, select the chart and use Edit menu > Paste Special, and add the data as a new series, categories in first column (row). Repeat for the third set of X-Y values. Add the trendline to each series by selecting the series, right clicking, and choosing Add Trendline. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "neally" <neall...

Question on transferring excel graphs to publisher
I have several graphs created in excel that I place in a newsletter in publisher each week. I am looking for a way to automate the process with a macro or VBA. If I could figure out a way to paste the graph somewhere that publisher could pick it up, I suppose this woudl work. However, any suggestions at all would be welcome. Constantly copy/paste/resize/prosition has to have some way to automate. Thanks ...

Hyperlink text from linked workbook
I have a seperat workbook for each of my clients with the clientno as the filename i.e. 1001.xlsm, 1002.xlsm etc. All these files are in lets say c:/docs. First sheet in each clientworkbook is "Factsheet". In each factsheet A1 states the clientname. In the same directory I have my mastersheet. In the first column I have the client numbers. In the second column I want to have the hyperlinkformulas that, based on the value in 1. column, makes the link to the relevant clientworkbook AND with the clientname picked up from the linked workbook Factsheet!A1 as the linktext ...

Find a suitable border for a religious text
am looking for a suitable border surrounding a religious tract ...

Convert Numbers to Text with a Source Code list
I have a column of data with numbers relating to specific industries. Each row corresponds to an individual and their affiliated industries. Some cells contain 1 number and some contain several (separated by commas). I would like to break this column apart into each individual industry for separate columns. The corresponding person would have an x in the column that refers to the industry they relate to. I have a separate sheet for what each code (number) means. HELP! Have you checked out Data -> Text to Columns... To split out your numbers? -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson ...

How to scan a text document that MSWord recognizes as text?
How can I scan a text document from my scanner (HP6280 all in one) and have MS Word recognize it as a text document so I can edit it? Scan it into the OCR software that may have come with your scanner OR Scan it into Microsoft Office Document Imaging (a rudimentary OCR tool that comes with Office but which is not installed by default).. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >...

Copy plain text message including sender, recipient, and subject
Is there a way to easily copy the plain text message including sender, recipient, and subject? I am looking for an easy way to copy this information so that I can paste it into a project log. Right now I am having to copy the message, then copy the sender, then copy the recipients individually, then copy the subject, etc... Certainly there's got to be a way to view the message entire message so that all of this information can be copied in one fell swoop... File-> Save As...-> select .txt as the file-format. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuri...

Publisher cannot open files
hello i try open publisher 2000 from my friend email. i cant open it said Publisher cannot open files .. and i update office nothing help.. pls help What is the exact error message you got? Are you sure it is a Pub 2000 file? Do you have Pub 2000 or newer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "judd rexroth" <judd rexroth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31D05E7D-2D3B-4504-8BF5-085B216C044B@microsoft.com... > hello i try open publisher 2000 from my friend email. i cant open it > said > Publisher cannot open files .. and i update...

A4 page in A5 double sided booklet
How does one insert a landscape A4 page into a portrait A5 double sided booklet. I would like a a4 picture to be insertes in the middle of my document, but with writing on the back page as with the rest of the A5 pages. One is able to do this in Microsoft Word by inserting a column break. I cannot see how this is possible in Publisher. Please Help! Group everything, rotate 90 degrees. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carin Swart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BDEA5C7-...

Importing large text file
I'm importing a text file with 300,000 records of 51 columns each. The method I'm using, is linking the file and creating an append query onto a empty table (can't import directly because some columns are pre- processed with VBA functions) Upon finishing, there's an error message. The message is in spanish but roughly says something like "Access has set 7 values to null because of type conversion failure, and skipped 0 records because of key infractions, 0 records because of blocking infractions and 0 records because of validation rules infractions .. Do you wish to run t...

Extract text
Hi All I have some text as below: 10-1 9-12 10-10 I need to be able to extract the numbers to the left of the dash and insert them in a separate column and also to extract the numbers to the right of the dash and place them in a separate column. Column A B 10 1 9 12 10 10 Any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow Try using Data>Text to columns Make sure there is an empty column to the immediate right of your data. Select your data Goto the menu Data>Text to Columns Delimited>Next Check Other and enter a dash in the little box Fin...

Largest text box
Hi there! I have 3 text boxes on my form and I need to find the largest number among the three. I tried =max([txt1],[txt2],txt3]) but this is obviously wrong. How can I do this? Thanks for all help offered! With Me If .txt 1 > .txt2 And .tx1 > txt3 Then 'Txt1 is greatest ElseIf .txt2 > .txt1 And .txt2 > .txt3 Then 'Txt2 is greatest Else 'txt3 is greatest End If End With -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Johnny Bright" wrote: > Hi there! > > I have 3 text boxes ...

Can Publisher save to jpg or gif without adding a border?
When I Save As a jpg or gif and later insert that image into any program (usually Word 2003), a thin black line is present along either the left or top edge. Is there a way to save a Publisher file as a jpg or gif without getting this line? I use Publisher 2003 (SP1) in an XP Professional (SP2) environment. Thanks. Install Office 2003 service pack 2. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=57e27a97-2db6-4654-9db6-ec7d5b4dd867&DisplayLang=en Don't know if that will solve your problem. Does the publication have a border? What resolution are you saving as? Can y...

text to speech