How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

0
Finn (1)

Mike,
Publisher doesn't have a word count; the work-around wound be manually count
the words or you could try copy the text and paste into Word.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Mike Finn" <Mike Finn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Engineer5094 (821)
3/24/2009 2:37:39 PM
Why not just do a "Edit Story in Microsoft Word" instead of copy and paste?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> Mike,
> Publisher doesn't have a word count; the work-around wound be manually
> count the words or you could try copy the text and paste into Word.
>

> --
> Don - Publisher 2000�
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Mike Finn" <Mike Finn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2767)
3/24/2009 3:27:26 PM
I'm guessing Mike is a student with a task of say, a 2000 word essay and
he's determining if he's reached his goal.

Don
P.S. Nice pix over on the MVP site.

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> Why not just do a "Edit Story in Microsoft Word" instead of copy and
> paste?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>> Mike,
>> Publisher doesn't have a word count; the work-around wound be manually
>> count the words or you could try copy the text and paste into Word.
>>

>> --
>> Don - Publisher 2000�
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "Mike Finn" <Mike Finn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Engineer5094 (821)
3/24/2009 8:49:41 PM
Probably but I wonder why he opted for Publisher?

Thank you, that was taken on my wedding day. I was married for about a half
hour at that point. I'm now at 5 years, 12 days and still smiling.  :-)

--

> I'm guessing Mike is a student with a task of say, a 2000 word essay and
> he's determining if he's reached his goal.
>
> Don
> P.S. Nice pix over on the MVP site.
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> Why not just do a "Edit Story in Microsoft Word" instead of copy and
>> paste?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>>> Mike,
>>> Publisher doesn't have a word count; the work-around wound be manually
>>> count the words or you could try copy the text and paste into Word.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Don - Publisher 2000�
>>> Vancouver, USA
>>>

>>> "Mike Finn" <Mike Finn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2767)
3/24/2009 9:10:05 PM
you talking about the pic in the tank thing? married in a tank...wow what a
ride!

:-)

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> Probably but I wonder why he opted for Publisher?
>
> Thank you, that was taken on my wedding day. I was married for about a
> half hour at that point. I'm now at 5 years, 12 days and still smiling.
> :-)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>> I'm guessing Mike is a student with a task of say, a 2000 word essay and
>> he's determining if he's reached his goal.
>>
>> Don
>> P.S. Nice pix over on the MVP site.
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Why not just do a "Edit Story in Microsoft Word" instead of copy and
>>> paste?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>

>>> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Inserting a PDF into a Publisher document
I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my pages within the booklet. If I copy and paste it only leaves a blank square. Help! Try inserting it as an Object. -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Kelly Edwards" <KellyEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64D1BC77-CE3F-4D3D-BC93-C168FE9DA2AA@microsoft.com... |I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in | Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my ...

Is there anyway that I can download free MS-office software from
Is there anyway that I can download free MS-office software from internet?...My system crashed recently and I can not afford buying it Hi Shirley, Since you said system crashed, assume you mean the Office products themselves as opposed to templates, etc. If your machine had the software preinstalled by the OEM (original equipment manufacturer), such as DELL you should either have software CDs or the software is in on some hidden area of the harddrive. Contact your OEM. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcrit...

Printing WORD docs from a form

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

MS Pub 2007
I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HTML fragments. I am attempting to insert the javascript from aWeber where a person can subscribe to my newsletter off my website (created with Pub). How can I set up a "submit" button in my publication with the script? Thanks for your help. Gary Inserted HTML code fragments will not work in an email message from Publisher. Sorry. DavidF "geedc" <geedc1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:aff5f787-ccfe-423e-b392-66227f87c16d@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HT...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Chronological Dates in MS Outlook's Inbox
20/Nov/2006 12:18 Suddenly, about a week's worth of e-mail messages disappeared from the inbox (in Microsoft Outlook 2003, NOT Outlook Express). What happened and what can be done to fix the problem? This just occurred about one hour ago. The most recent date is 13/Nov/2006. I rebooted my computer to no avail. I have Windows XP Pro w/ SP2. Thank you, Barry Karas What else happened? Even if you think it is irrelevant....... Are you on an Exchange server? What mail service are you using?? Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acor...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...

microsoft word
is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has an example at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord It's a way of copying comments in a worksheet to a word document. But you can see the structure nicely. head wrote: > > is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Inserting calendars into Publisher
I want to insert a monthly calendar into a church newsletter that I have created using Publisher 2002. The calendar will be on a page by itself. The calendar will have entries for activities throughout the month. If I can insert the calendar with the rest of the newsletter, then I will be able to send it directly from my computer to a high quality printer, resulting in a better looking publication. Is there a Microsoft product that I can use to accomplish this? If not, is there a product on the market that I can use with Publisher to achieve this objective? The "Design Gallery&quo...

Word conversion
I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste t Excel, all the items are in one cell. Is there a way to paste the item into Excel into different columns? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use Data | Text to Columns | Delimited and choose a space as the delimiter. Just follow the dialogue. Regards Trevor "mrroboto >" <<mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste to > Excel, all the ite...

XPath: counting unique values
Hello, I would like to count the unique values of a specific element in an XPath statement. Let's say I have the next XML document ... <CLUB> <MEMBER> <NAME>Fred</NAME> <LOCATION>Canada</LOCATION> </MEMBER> <MEMBER> <NAME>Louis</NAME> <LOCATION>Belgium</LOCATION> </MEMBER> <MEMBER> <NAME>Gwendy</NAME> <LOCATION>Belgium</LOCATION> </MEMBER> <MEMBER> <NAME>Steve</NAME> <LOCATION>Portugal</LOCATION> &...