How do I do a 50th reunion memory book?

How would I create a memory book for a 50th high school graduation reunion
banquet?  We are having a reunion in Sept. 2009 and would like to have the
program be a memory book.
0
pghmimi (3)

Do you have an idea of the content?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"pghmimi" <pghmimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How would I create a memory book for a 50th high school graduation reunion
> banquet?  We are having a reunion in Sept. 2009 and would like to have the
> program be a memory book.

0
jl_paules (2767)
1/7/2008 8:33:23 PM
We are sending all 100 classmates a newsletter and a form to buy a page or a
1/2 page in the book.  The page can be whatever they want a personal memory,
a memorial, a business ad, congratulations, etc.  We want to incorporate
these pages in our program.  We actually have thoughts of making such a nice
program or memory book that it will be the keepsake for everybody.  We
already have an address book that we may also put in the program.  It's hard
to know what kind of  response we'll be getting but I would like to have an
idea of how to start.  Any help will be appreciated.  I've looked at all of
the templates in Publisher (2003) and didn't see anything that seemed right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Do you have an idea of the content?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "pghmimi" <pghmimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How would I create a memory book for a 50th high school graduation reunion
> > banquet?  We are having a reunion in Sept. 2009 and would like to have the
> > program be a memory book.

0
pghmimi (3)
1/7/2008 10:17:03 PM
You don't need a template. Just setup a booklet and use your best judgment about
design.
Lots of help here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312156/en-us

Good ideas here
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_scrapbooking_memory/0,1788,HGTV_3318,00.html

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> We are sending all 100 classmates a newsletter and a form to buy a page or a
> 1/2 page in the book.  The page can be whatever they want a personal memory,
> a memorial, a business ad, congratulations, etc.  We want to incorporate
> these pages in our program.  We actually have thoughts of making such a nice
> program or memory book that it will be the keepsake for everybody.  We
> already have an address book that we may also put in the program.  It's hard
> to know what kind of  response we'll be getting but I would like to have an
> idea of how to start.  Any help will be appreciated.  I've looked at all of
> the templates in Publisher (2003) and didn't see anything that seemed right.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Do you have an idea of the content?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "pghmimi" <pghmimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How would I create a memory book for a 50th high school graduation reunion
>> > banquet?  We are having a reunion in Sept. 2009 and would like to have the
>> > program be a memory book.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/7/2008 10:30:01 PM
Thanks for the advice!  I'll check those sites out.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You don't need a template. Just setup a booklet and use your best judgment about
> design.
> Lots of help here:
>
> Good ideas here
> http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_scrapbooking_memory/0,1788,HGTV_3318,00.html
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "pghmimi" <pghmimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are sending all 100 classmates a newsletter and a form to buy a page or a
> > 1/2 page in the book.  The page can be whatever they want a personal memory,
> > a memorial, a business ad, congratulations, etc.  We want to incorporate
> > these pages in our program.  We actually have thoughts of making such a nice
> > program or memory book that it will be the keepsake for everybody.  We
> > already have an address book that we may also put in the program.  It's hard
> > to know what kind of  response we'll be getting but I would like to have an
> > idea of how to start.  Any help will be appreciated.  I've looked at all of
> > the templates in Publisher (2003) and didn't see anything that seemed right.
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have an idea of the content?
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >> ~~~~~
> >> How to ask a question
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> >>

> >> "pghmimi" <pghmimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
pghmimi (3)

Share Address Book #3
I have an Address Book that I want to share with Outlook Express. Is there a way to do this? Seems that the 'Import' option doesn't work in Outlook. TIA... Mike An Address Book? Post versions if you expect answers. We can't read minds. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike Schatz" <mschatz@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:Na4Cb.180440$Ec1.6821514@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I have an Address Book that I want to share with Outlook Express. Is there > a way to do this? Seems that the 'Import' option doesn't work in Ou...

Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes \Process(_total)\Working Set Peak \Process(_total)\Working Set \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes \Process(_total)\Private Bytes \Proc...

not enough memory on excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade to 3 g and same</i>&#32; message not enough memory can some one help me only word working Run Remove Office then re-install Office On 30/03/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb629f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Snow_leopard@officeformac.com" <Snow_leopard@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade t...

Is it a memory leak
AoA I have used standard template library in one of my applications. I belive that memory leaks are due to stl components, mainly string. i wrote a sample program in VC 6.0 that clearly shows memory leaks in stl wstring str = L""; for( int a = 0 ; a < 100000 ; a++ ) { str += L"int"; } str.str.erase( str.begin() , str.end() ); str = L"int"; i wrote this code against a button in dialog based application. Before clicking the button, the memory usage is 3MB and after this code it is 17MB although i believe it should have been bac...

Exchange memory utilization
Is there any documentation detailing the exchange 2003 memory utilization , especially in coordination with the max store size. thanks CR What do you want to know? Exchange will use all the memory it can in the box, up to 4GB, for caching, and this isn't a function of store size. It will release memory so that other processes can get what they need. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:etwPVF%23RHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any documentati...

Out of Memory
I am using Excel 2000. Operating system is MS 2000. Ram = 512. I am running a large Excel file 65,536 rows by 24 columns. The columns may expand somewhat; say 5 extra rows as the Macro runs. The Excel file links to another Excel file to do some vlookups. Some formatting is going on as well as Paste Special Value. I get an out of error message and Excel stops. If I only have 50,000 rows it works fine. I have increased the virtual memory to the maximum, same thing. Any suggestions???? Hi, There are only 65536 rows in a worksheet. You cannot use all the rows. Split your sheet into sevra...

Work book shared
Hi All, I have shared my work book. How do i know the changed made by other users I need to close and reopen to see the changes made by the other user i would like to know without closing the work book i should know the changes made by other user is there any thing like refresh the work book? TIA Hi Kiran, You dont have to close the work sheet and open it again, what you can do is save the work sheet when ever you want to view the changes made by other user, clt+s acts as refresh. hope this helps digvijay -- parmar21 ---------------------------------------------------------------...

memory growing spreadsheet
Hi Again I have another query- For some reason when working on a spreadsheet it can start with say, 925kb in size,I do a couple of changes, then "Wolla" 10+mb It only happens every now and again, but I have tried copy then paste special, taken all macro's out, save as a different name,copy sheet into different book, but still can't bring it back down in size, "Hu" I even took my changes back out What is going on? John .. Hi John, What are you doing? Whatever it is, I think I'd want to do something else. But I haven't any hint what to avoid doing &...

address book #50
How do I install an address book from one user to another user on the same computer? How do I install an address book from one user to another user on a different computer? I have outlook express. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x mic...

CPU usage, memory and virtual memory
Hello, On certain occasions, some applications can consume close to 100% cpu usage and freeze up the machine. But some apps can consume 100% cpu, but allow you to work on other applciations. What is the difference? Is it the memory and virtual memory consumption? Number ofpage faults? I am working on a multithreaded MFC application, which freezes up the machine (when it does some computations). A look at the task manager tells me it consumes 99% cpu and a lot of memory and virtual memory space. I would like to make sure that when my applciation computes, it does it as fast as possible and it...

Is this a memory leak?
Hi, I am trying to figure out why a program keep consuming more memory the longer that it runs. I tried detecting a memory leak using the CMemoryState object. I find that the program is using more memory after executing this line: PullComma(sData); The source for PullComma is: //======================================================================= void PullComma(CString& string) // Remove comma from start of string //======================================================================= { Strip(string); if (string.IsEmpty()) return; if (string.GetAt(0) == ',') string =...

Outlook 2007 Crashes with ACT 2009 Address Book
I have multiple ACT 2009 address books. Some will work with Outlook and some won't. For those that won't work, Outlook either shuts down or restarts when I try to use the ACT address book from any of the clicks (icon, tools, To..., etc.) I'm trying to determine what are the things about or in an address book that Outlook doesn't like. Does Outlook 2007 have issues with total number of contacts? Does Outlook 2007 somehow check email address syntax before you go to a specific contact? Any other gotchas? -- Thanks ...

memory leak.
One of the Module of Distributor service will transfer files to remote machines using FTP ( wininet API). This application is designed to work as a Service because it doesn't need any user intervention. We have observed that when we use the WinInet API's from a Service the memory is leaking in Every 5 minutes at the rate of 4K,which is Disastrous. We have observed this using PMON and Task Manager. Please see the below API which is leaking memory m_pocFtpConnection->PutFile(strPrefix.c_str(),c_file.name, FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_BINARY, 1) == 1 ) Platform: 1) VC++ 6.0 (Latest Service p...

Outlook 2000 How to auto forward if Contact is in my address book
I am using RIM Blackberry and do not want to receive the 30 or so SPAM emails a day that my desktop receives. I thought I could set up a filter to forward emails to the Blackberry if the address is in my address book. Is there a way to entering this filter? Paul Not in Outlook 2000. That's a feature of later versions. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Paul S" <ps@noreply.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c5f8qc$smi...

address book #15
I used option in tools; share address book with microsoft outlook. It stated it would be located in microsoft outlook contact store. Now all address's are gone. Where do I find them? I shall assume you are talking about Outlook Express here, not Outlook. Where do your Contacts reside? If your Contacts are not in Outlook, then sharing with Outlook will show you no Contacts. If your Contacts are, in fact, in Outlook Express, then you do not want to share with Outlook. Disable sharing. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wv.nelson@adelphia.net> wrote in message new...

Post Again: Out of Memory" on a machine with 2GB RAM:-(
Hi, Just got a totally new machine running Windows XP SP1, with 2G RAM and lots of HD space. I was so anxious to test the full power of the new machine with an image processing program developed with VC++/MFC 6.0. On one occasion, I just tried to read a list of large images into RAM, whose total size is a bit over 1 GB. Its implementation is something like this: unsigned char *t = new unsigned char [BIG_NUMBER]; // BIG_NUMBER is the total size of images, a bit over 1 GB if( t == NULL ) { AfxMessageBox ("Out of Memory"); delete [] t; exit(-1); } I thought it would be ...

Help with not enough memory error message on Publisher 2007
My company purchased new computer with Office 2007 suite. Computer has XP Pro with 3 GB Ram. As I have been using Publisher, I have received two error messages. #1 - "Cannot complete this operation" when I try to print a document a second or third time- the first time I can print, then it "disconnects" from the printer. #2 - I received an error message today that says, "There is not enough memory to complete this operation. To make more memory available, close other programs and try again." I am confused as to why this is happening. My old computer w...

Not Enough Memory
Hello Everybody! as I tried to retrieve some Information from another excel File I stumbled upon a failer. "NOT ENOUGH MEMORY" and "Runtime Error '1004': Unable To set the formula Array Property of the Range Class" I Checked My task mananger but the MEM Usage remained low during the running of the Macro, The CPU Usage However Sky Roketed. While I have 512 MB Ram. I enlarged the Swap File to 1500 but still it gives me the same failure. I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the macro itself. However, I can't see whats wrong. I hope someon...

get-qadcomputer - taking too much memory
gc c:\machines.txt | get-qadcomputer| foreach { $computer = $_.name $computer $ou = $_.parentcontainerdn -match "^ou=(.+),ou=(.+),dc=powershell,dc=com$" $actual_ou = $matches[2] # write to file # $a = "$computer `t $actual_ou" $a | out-file -filepath $Summarypath -append # remove variable # remove-variable ou remove-variable actual_ou remove-variable a remove-variable computer [GC]::Collect() } Try this: gc c:\machines.txt | get-qadcomputer | select name,@{n='OU';e={$_.ParentContainer.split("/")[1...

Contacts to Address book
When I had a new contact in the Outlook Contact folder the new name does not appear in the address book. Any help is welcome. ...

Booking appointments on behalf of others.
Quite often I book appointments for others. When I do, CRM also books me in for the appointment as well, even if I change the ownership and assign the appointment to the proper user. The only way I havbe found to keep CRM from booking me into the appointment is to remove myself as organizer. I would like to be able to book appointments for others, and keep myself as the organizer without CRM booking my time as well. Is this possible? Hello courtney, This is one behaviour for what we have developed our GroupCalendar for MS CRM. It gives you the possibility to look at appointments of...

Outlook 2002
I moved Outlook to a new computer and everything seems to be working except when I send an email and try to select an address from the Address book...there are no addresses in any of the address books displayed. However, my Contacts are somewhere because when I click on Contacts on the shortcut bar, there they are! The error message I get is: The address book could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions. I've looked around in Help, but found none. Any i...

How do I do a 50th reunion memory book?
How would I create a memory book for a 50th high school graduation reunion banquet? We are having a reunion in Sept. 2009 and would like to have the program be a memory book. Do you have an idea of the content? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "pghmimi" <pghmimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DE09E54-31C2-4A95-AE33-5CBE228D12C1@microsoft.com... > How would I create a memory book for a 50th high school graduation reunion > banquet? We are having a reunion in Sept. 2009...

address book #10
I had to remove all programs from hardrive due to the "blaster" worm.... I have all my contacts but I need to know if I can import my contacts list to my email address book without retyping all the data? If you're talking about Outlook, the Contacts and the Address Book both use the same data. Perhaps you aren't using Outlook. Please specify your email software. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bob W. Franklin" <bobf@maplus-tv.biz> wrote in message news:0c7701c3619e$459add50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I had to remove all programs from hardrive due to > ...

Return every 50th Value?
Excel2003 ... Range N3:N5002 ... contains 4 char Text (0200, 0340, 1050, etc) each value repeats 50 times. In Col D ... I wish a formula to return 1st occs only of each Value found in Col N ==> I can get results using "Advanced Filter Unique Records", but I need to do this by formula (if I can?) Thanks ... Kha something like this maybe pasted down for the entire range? it should show the number of the occurance for each cell =COUNTIF(N3:$N$3,N3) "Ken" wrote: > Excel2003 ... > > Range N3:N5002 ... contains 4 char Text (0200, 034...