How do I design a label template?

I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded
the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher.
0
PegGall (3)

What size?
The setup for 2.5 labels are
Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
Avery 5294

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded
> the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher.

0
gsauer (5094)
7/31/2005 11:09:33 PM
They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What size?
> The setup for 2.5 labels are
> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
> Avery 5294
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded
> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher.

0
PegGall (3)
8/1/2005 2:08:02 AM
I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the labels

For Avery 5295
Side margin .625
Top margin .5
Horizontal gap .6
Vertical gap zero

I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember you are
creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 3.33 so you will
know where to put your objects.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What size?
>> The setup for 2.5 labels are
>> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
>> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
>> Avery 5294
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded
>> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher.

0
gsauer (5094)
8/1/2005 7:16:43 AM
Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very expensive.

This is greatly apprecated.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the labels
>
> For Avery 5295
> Side margin .625
> Top margin .5
> Horizontal gap .6
> Vertical gap zero
>
> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember you are
> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 3.33 so you will
> know where to put your objects.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What size?
> >> The setup for 2.5 labels are
> >> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
> >> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
> >> Avery 5294
> >>

> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
PegGall (3)
8/1/2005 2:39:03 PM
You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very expensive.
>
> This is greatly apprecated.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the labels
>>
>> For Avery 5295
>> Side margin .625
>> Top margin .5
>> Horizontal gap .6
>> Vertical gap zero
>>
>> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember you are
>> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 3.33 so you
>> will
>> know where to put your objects.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.

0
gsauer (5094)
8/1/2005 3:21:18 PM
Hi Mary,
Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)?  Your
post is just the help I need - just a different size.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very expensive.
> >
> > This is greatly apprecated.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the labels
> >>
> >> For Avery 5295
> >> Side margin .625
> >> Top margin .5
> >> Horizontal gap .6
> >> Vertical gap zero
> >>
> >> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember you are
> >> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 3.33 so you
> >> will
> >> know where to put your objects.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Wallace (7)
9/11/2006 6:33:01 PM
A few months ago I was surfing and found a site that sells labels and
cross-references Avery numbers. They have templates and also list
dimensions.

This page will give you the information you need. Bear in mind that because
you have round labels, the setup is going to be trickier.
http://www.worldlabel.com/autoconfig/autotemplates.asp?finditemnum=ol325

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bryce Wallace" <Bryce Wallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mary,
> Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)?
> Your
> post is just the help I need - just a different size.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very
>> > expensive.
>> >
>> > This is greatly apprecated.

0
jl_paules (2767)
9/11/2006 6:43:45 PM
Thanks JoAnn - this is a real time saver for me!

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> A few months ago I was surfing and found a site that sells labels and
> cross-references Avery numbers. They have templates and also list
> dimensions.
>
> This page will give you the information you need. Bear in mind that because
> you have round labels, the setup is going to be trickier.
> http://www.worldlabel.com/autoconfig/autotemplates.asp?finditemnum=ol325
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Bryce Wallace" <Bryce Wallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mary,
> > Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)?
> > Your
> > post is just the help I need - just a different size.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Side Margin >> .44
Top Margin >>> .5
Horizontal Gap >> .38
Vertical Gap >> .04

Since these are round labels, I would create a 1.625 circle so you will keep
your objects in bound. Round labels are tough to print, you have to have great
faith your printer is accurate. These margins maybe a little off, Publisher
doesn't want to use the correct dimensions, which are
Side, 4.38
Top, .5
H, .375
V, .042

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Bryce Wallace" <Bryce Wallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mary,
> Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)?  Your
> post is just the help I need - just a different size.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very expensive.
>> >
>> > This is greatly apprecated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/11/2006 7:03:28 PM
It's a handy little site for this kind of stuff.

--

> Thanks JoAnn - this is a real time saver for me!
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> A few months ago I was surfing and found a site that sells labels and
>> cross-references Avery numbers. They have templates and also list
>> dimensions.
>>
>> This page will give you the information you need. Bear in mind that
>> because
>> you have round labels, the setup is going to be trickier.
>> http://www.worldlabel.com/autoconfig/autotemplates.asp?finditemnum=ol325
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Bryce Wallace" <Bryce Wallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Hi Mary,
>> > Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)?
>> > Your
>> > post is just the help I need - just a different size.

0
jl_paules (2767)
9/11/2006 7:07:54 PM
Thanks, Mary - You're right about the lables being tough to pring; I am
noticing that it's tricky to manually align my labels with the label sheet -
they're a little off.  I do appreciate this information.  Thanks!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Side Margin >> .44
> Top Margin >>> .5
> Horizontal Gap >> .38
> Vertical Gap >> .04
>
> Since these are round labels, I would create a 1.625 circle so you will keep
> your objects in bound. Round labels are tough to print, you have to have great
> faith your printer is accurate. These margins maybe a little off, Publisher
> doesn't want to use the correct dimensions, which are
> Side, 4.38
> Top, .5
> H, .375
> V, .042
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "Bryce Wallace" <Bryce Wallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mary,
> > Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)?  Your
> > post is just the help I need - just a different size.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

design templates
Once I download a new design template (Letterhead), how do I make it available to all new documents. Currently, I can use the new template for one document. However, when I import any data, it disappears. Then, when I go to choose a publication design, the template is not available. How can I make new/downloaded design templates available from the publication designs window? Are you asking about those from the Office web site? Once the download is complete, save as... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Char...

X Axis Tick Labels
I have created X axis tick labels number format at axis minimum and maximum: maks1 = ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).MaximumScale minim1 = ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).MinimumScale znakx1 = "[=" & minim1 & "]""S"";[=" & maks1 & "]""N"";General" With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScaleIsAuto = True .MaximumScaleIsAuto = True .TickLabels.NumberFormat = znakx1 End With In some cases this works fine. But in some I have maximum label as...

Custom Labels #2
I'm trying to make a custom label. I'm trying to make the barcode show information from SubDescription1 instead of itemlookupcode. That works great except there is no * for the start and end codes. Is there a way to add custom text and concatenate it to the value? Something like "*" . "SubDescription1" . "*" or "*" && "SubDescription1". (I tried both of those and neither work.) I know I can import into a bunch of other programs and build the labels myself but I'd much rather keep it all in the program. Thanks. Begin ...

Anyone had problems downloading templates for Excel 2000?
I have been trying for a week to download the Personal Budget template for Excel 2000. Each time I receive a message saying that there is a problem with Microsoft Office online server. This problem has persisted for a week now and makes me think that perhaps I am doing something wrong. As a new uswer to Excel, I do not know if this is the case and would appreciate any assistance available to enable me to complete this process Server is fine, but sounds like you are somehow blocking the cookies from the website that you need to enable If you see a red - in the bottom bar of IE, click on ...

how do i change to the new design in outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 is installed on my computer but everytime I open the program the old design is what I see. > Outlook 2007 is installed on my computer but everytime I open the > program the old design is what I see. The Ribbon is only available in new message/appointment/task windows, not to the main Outlook window. -- f.h. Microsoft Outlook MVP ...

Excel 2000... Missing row and column designators. #4

How do I protect specific cells (like labels and formulas) on a w.
I have a worksheet that has several cells that need to be protected (locked) from changes. How do I lock only those cells without locking the whole worksheet? Hi select the whole worksheet (or the bits you want people to get to) then choose format / cells / protection and untick locked ... now if you unlocked all cells, you'ld need to lock the ones that you don't want them to get to. once you've locked and unlocked the appropriate cells, choose tools / protection / protect sheet. Cheers JulieD "Evelyne" <Evelyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Design specifications and guidelines
A small question. Where can i find the Design Specifications and Guidelines - Visual Design. Spacing: How many DLUs should there between 2 group boxes (vertically arranged) in a Dialog box? best regards bav In theory, as many as you want, but in practice, only as many as you use. Since Microsoft has abandoned any attempt to maintan GUI guidelines within their own products, there is very little reason to be too wound up about this kind of trivia (I have largely ignored most of it. Build a dialog box that looks good, and nobody is going to be counting pixels). For group boxes, you can...

X-axis labeling #2
Hi, I have a bar chart that has negative y-axis values and my x-axis labeling is occurring in the middle of my chart. How can I get the x-axis labels to show at the bottom of the y-axis without altering the bars of the bar chart? If I simply change the x-axis to meet the y-axis at the lowest y-axis value the bar chart changes to show bars starting from the bottom of the y-axis. I would simply like the x-axis labels to show at the y-axis minimum without changing the bars. In article <1133378983.123559.61340@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, rrbbmmrr@hotmail.com says... > Hi, I have ...

Switching to design mode causes VS 2008 to freeze.
When I'm working on a web project and switch a page from source to design mode, VS hangs. Anybody have any thoughts? This doesn't appear to project specific - just that's it's a web page (.aspx) when it happens. TIA - Jeff. ...

Using decisions in Access design
Hi all, I want to set up an introductory page for an Access 2007 project. On this page would be some instructions and links to different pages with the usual form entries. Each of these pages would be different enough to warrant their own page and fields, but there would be similarities between all pages that need to keep them in the same database. Example: I have that introductory page with instructions and links to eight new pages. Fields 1-3 on each of the eight pages would contain identical types of information (Name, URL, and Password). These would have the same fiel...

Design
Hello, I have been working through serveral lessons within a workbook course but the problem that I am having is when I want to setup my own spreadsheet outside of the workbook I have problems with doing that. What type of approach should I take with designing a spreadsheet. Kelly I think that would depend on what it would be used for , Inventory, calculating values such as Cpk, Ppk, Stdev.... Sales report... they all have their own needs as to how you would design your spreadsheet, so that it suits the best of your needs. "Jessica@aol.com" wrote: > Hello, > > I...

Handling more than one email template
Hi, I'm a freelancer and depending on what company I am doing work for I'd like to set up Outlook to use more than one email template (html stationery style). Currently, Outlook is set up that one stationery style is used no matter what mailbox account I use. I'd ideally like Outlook to apply a stationery style depending on what email account I chose to send the email from. It's easy in Outlook Express as you just chose the stationery style from a drop down list. But I can't find a quick way of how to change stationery styles in Outlook. Any advice would be very...

Database crash when adding new field and deleting the label
Hello, Hoping somebody might have an answer to a problem I am experiencing with a database I "inherited" to maintain. I have several databases I work on, but this is the only one I have a problem with. In a nutshell, any time I add a field to any form or report and then delete the associated label, upon saving of the form/report, the database will "crash" (with the old "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close") message and discard all of my changes since the last successful save. Sometimes it even completely trashes the form/rep...

Bug or By Design?
Hi, I recently had a problem with one of my XPath expressions which led me to believe there might be a bug in XmlNode, although it could be by design since I didn't find anything in the KB. Consider the the code appended below. The function CleanEmptyElements removes all empty elements from the document using a XPath expression. As you will notice in the code, I add two empty elements. If you check the resulting testXml.xml file, the "SpecialEmptyElement" element, though emtpy is still present. The only special thing about it is that I assign a null string to the InnerT...

How do I reset the templates to the originals in Publisher 2007?
How do I reset the templates to the originals in Publisher 2007? What do you mean? Are you saying the templates aren't there when you open Publisher? Tools, Options, On the General tab, Check >>Show Publication Types at startup. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jojotubbs" <jojotubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82FB5BC4-BF6F-44B0-B47A-1AD4D2513233@microsoft.com... > How do I reset the templates to the originals in Publisher 2007? ...

Do not display Value label if value = zero
Hi I am putting together a pie chart, where values for some slices is 'zero'. The zero slice is not visible, but the label still appears '0%'. Is there any way of suppressing this label for the zero slice only (so the other slices still have value labels appearing) ? Many thanks for any help Format label, custom format: #;;; -- Best Regards, Luke M "LFNFan" <LFNFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC677569-1FB1-4108-8535-C5BDC6E1B825@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I am putting together a pie chart, where values ...

Label Wizard Bug
When I attempt to access the Label Wizard in a new install of 2.0 on a XP box, SOM is Not Responding. I have not had this problem with other installs only one. Of course it's the PC where I need the labels generated. I tried an install repair and still get the freezing of the application. Any ideas to fix this? ...

Excel spreadsheet Normal Template
Does Excel have a normal template like Word? I would like to set it up with fonts, header/footer etc. but cannot find its location. It is not located on the C:drive\.\.\.\templates like Word. Thanks for your help. Regards Helga Helga, You can create one. Take a workbook, set up the formats as you require, and save it as a template file called Book.xlt in the XLStart directory. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Helga" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

exclude some address labels from printing
My access database table has been used to design address labels. How can I exclude only some of those records being printed? One approach would be to add a Yes/No field to your underlying table and "turn off" the ones you don't want to use. A simple query will leave those out - base your report (mailing labels) on the query. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Geoplay" <Geoplay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F488C4B8-622E-4790-9276-ACF21948E92B@microsoft.com... > My access database table has been used to design address lab...

accde
Hi, I have some VBA that modifies a report's design. However, the code throws an exception on this line: DoCmd.OpenReport rpt_name, acViewDesign I understand the reason why, so here's my question: Q) How can my VBA code modify a report in an accde file? Thanks On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:26:01 -0800, Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Q) How can my VBA code modify a report in an accde file? It can't. You must use an accdb. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] Hello, I have the same problem... and I create several reports... ...

Cash report template
Do you have any cash report template... Every day I 'm maintaing MIS of cash balance in all sources. Please help me in this...its urgent ...

Design of connectors
Hello I need some help to optimise our systems, which I inherited. Our company has 2 sites, connected with a sufficient link of 1 mbit. Site 1 has an Exchange 2003/SP1 server with an address 10.0.0.1 and site 2 has an Exchange 2003/SP1 server with an address 20.0.0.1 Site 1 has an backup Internet link of 256 mbit to ISP1 and Site 2 has a main Internet link of 1 mbit to ISP2 (we are using ISA 2004) All internet traffic flows from Site1 to SiteB, through ISA and so on. How should I configure Exchanges SMTP connectors and routing group (RG) connectors at both sites to achieve maximum reliabilt...

newsletter templates
Does anyone know where I can find additional publisher templates/styles to use with my community newsletter? I have used the ones that came with Publisher, but need some new designs to freshen up my newsletter. If so, would you please email info to bwood33@yahoo.com? Thank you. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=newsletter -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "theeditor" <theeditor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBD7886D-4228-456C-8DD7-A54B9119B246@microsof...

Print File folder labels
I would like to print a full sheet of file folder labels but I want each label to be different. Can this be done? Click the New Document button to get a sheet of labels. They're formatted as a table, so be sure you have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see the label boundaries. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3606292D-5F83-47AF-B144-2120CA047204@microsoft.com... >I would like to print a f...