How do I cross out a word in Publisher?

I have copied a Word document into a Publisher document.  In the Word
document there are some words that are crossed out.  I want them to show as
crossed out in my Publisher document...but they aren't.  How do I cross out
words in Publisher?
0
NATCH-9 (1)

You will need to draw a line and place it over the word. Grouping it with
the textbox will keep it in place (as long as you don't change the size of
the box).

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"NATCH-9" <NATCH-9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have copied a Word document into a Publisher document.  In the Word
> document there are some words that are crossed out.  I want them to show
> as
> crossed out in my Publisher document...but they aren't.  How do I cross
> out
> words in Publisher?

0
jl_paules (2767)

Cant change FirstPageTray of Word Document
I am getting below error while assinging the Printer Tray. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A1200): Value out of range at crosoft.Office.Interop.Word.PageSetup.set_FirstPageTray(WdPaperTray prop) here is the code I wrote. With WordApp.ActiveDocument.PageSetup .FirstPageTray = 261 .OtherPagesTray = 261 End With I am using Office Word Interop in my win application. Thanks, Irfan Shaikh You may find some information at http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=183 that will help. ...

Date to Words
I need some help changing a date such as 11-Aug-05 to "the eleventh day of August, two thousand five. I used the file in Excel 2000 that made the conversion but it is not working with my Excel 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. -- Frustrated Rather than recreate the wheel, I suggest recreating the conditions under which the XL2k file worked. It may have something to do with add-ins: with the Excel 2000 file open, click >Tools >Add-Ins, and select the same features that were selected in Excel 2000. This may require a bit of trial and error or informed guesses, but...

How to embed a word document in CView
I am looking for some code sample embed an existing word document in a view. MSDN has a sample to embed a new word document in a view. But it has an extra control in the windows, and it doesn't let me to open an existing word file. TIA for any help. This is not a simple task. You are becoming an OLE client with an embedded document. This means that clicking on the document activates Word (an OLE out-of-process server) and this means Word will replace your menu items, etc. MFC provides an *amazing* amount of assistance in doing this, but it still is not easy, from what I&#...

Null Fields / Mailmerge to Word
Have set up a mailmerge whereby Word accesses data in Excel worksheet. I don't need every record so want only those with a date in a particular column. But Word reads them all as Excel has placed a value in the null cells (12:00:00 AM). How can I stop that happening please? I assume you have a formula in the Date column in Excel. You could add an If to the formula so the cell will be "" if there's no date to use in it's calculation. >-----Original Message----- >Have set up a mailmerge whereby Word accesses data in >Excel worksheet. > >I don't ...

Saving Publisher
I can't publisher to save to anything but an outside source. No s drive, no c drive, only thumb drive. Says my disc is full, however I can save other applications on share, etc. What can I do to fix? -- Sassy Cassie Why can't you save to your local drive? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cassieannone" <cassieannone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CA15D47-4D5B-43EA-A4D4-F573042F8C60@microsoft.com... >I can't publisher to save to anything but an outside source. No...

visio enterphise edition issue transport diagram to word
When printing an object created in enterphise edition the object blows up to where I only end up with a small potion of the drawing within size of window given to the object in the word doc. When I do a print preview the object looks fine but when printing the above issue occurs. I have verified with a friend who has visio 2002 that it is a enterphise issue. He saved the visio docuement I created in enterphise within 2002 and imported the objects into word and no problems. Thanks Tim ...

Creating Cross-Project Links
Hi 1). What is the usage of Creating Cross-Project Links ? As I understand, "Cross-project links are useful when two or more projects have only a few tasks that affect one another. For example, a milestone within a development project might trigger a task in an advertising campaign project." 2). How it is implemented in Project 2007 ? When I copied the task from the source project into my project ( target project ) using "Paste Special", the new task I created become another task in my target project. My observation is both task ( ie. task in the source...

linking excel to word
hi i'm working on a excel spreadsheet and was wanting to place a link to a empty word document, from a link or a macro of some kind. this is so that the user can open a document a write a letter after checking his/her data. is this possible thanks john -- johnny.exe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnny.exe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30775 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519673 Why don't you create a Word template and place the workbook in the templat...

usabiltiy of Word 2007
Hi all, - is there a way to dock the Search mask somewhere? It keeps moving around the screen at every search. This makes repetitive searches more time consuming. - is there a way to horizontally lock the view of a document? If I am looking at a document that needs to be zoomed in to make it readable, when I am looking at zoomed in tables the showed portion of the text keeps moving left and right and I need to reposition it to the wanted horizontal section every time that the cursor focus changes. Time consuming too. :-( To do repeated searches, you can use the dialog ...

You should provide a free MS Publisher READER, and conspicuously .
I found it odd that several contractors who work through a service called Service Magic, send estimates and quotes with MS Publisher instead of Adobe Acrobat; however, if MS Publisher is going to see a growth in interest and adoption, Microsoft should, like Adobe / Macromedia, provide a free reader. If one is already available, it is not easy to find on the MS Publisher page that I was on. So, suggestion one is: provide a free reader if not already available. Suggestion two is: supply ubiquitous, easy to find links. For now, the contractors will just have to FAX their quotes to me. Res...

Export Publisher to be used in Word
I have 2007 Publisher and 2007 Word. I created a letterhead in Publisher that I want to use in Word. How do I save the Publisher file so I can open it in word, graphics as well as text? Thanks. Daryl Not in the way you hope. If you do a Save As, you can save the work as a graphic and insert that into Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Daryl Rose" <rosede12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:dbeba897-c896-4412-8dfa-1ef1657805d1@i18g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I have 2007 Publisher and 20...

how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture
how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture What version Publisher? In 2002-03, group all objects, right-click save as picture. In earlier versions copy and paste into a Paint program and save as... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mirella" <mirella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DD047F6-0DA2-498E-A1E6-2482442B9B27@microsoft.com... > how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture ...

How do I print to (send) from Word to OneNote?
How do I add to "Print to" the comand "Send to OneNote"? I am using Word 2007 and OneNote 2003. ...

How do I make a Microsfot Word Document into a M Publisher one?
I saw a brochure that I would like to use in Publisher, unfortunately is in Word Format, how can I make the file into Publisher? By doing a lot of adjusting. Copy/paste is about the only way I know. Open the Office Clipboard in the edit menu, makes the whole process easier. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sunny" <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F7FF627-4374-4E81-83C5-5D753698F184@microsoft.com... >I saw a brochure that I would like to use in Publisher, unfortunately is in ...

selectNodes, contains and whole words
Hey all, I have the following code to get a set of nodes containing a certain search criteria: theSearchTermsXML.selectNodes("/Table/Row/Cell[contains(Data, 'mysearch')]") This works fine to a point - it finds all Data nodes containing the string 'mysearch' but I need to only find the ones where it's a whole word... So, for example, if my search text was fred, the above line of code would include 'fred bloggs', 'frederick twoshoes', and 'winifred baker', but I only want to get back the one with 'fred' as a whole word, ie, 'f...

Publisher 2002/SP2
Have got a rather strange issue maybe someone can shed light on. Win2k box/SP2 Office 2000 is installed on the HD *but* I installed from the Office XP cd M S Publisher 2002 *only.* You can do this single app installation instead of upgrading the entire suite to Ofc XP. I've downloaded appropriate security patches for Ofc 2k however it does not solve my issue. What happens is that when Publisher is launched, I get the windows installer dialog box. Like it's installing an application. This only occurs when Pu blisher is launched. Whether I let it play out or click on cancel, Pub...

CFileDialog like Word
Is the dialog that looks like the one that Word puts up on "Save As" available somehow in CFileDialog? I'm using CFileDialog but it looks like the old style dialog. I'm guessing there must be some flag to set, but I couldn't find it. Sadly, Microsoft have one file dialog box for themselves and one for the rest of us. Guess which is the best? I'm surprised that none of the MFC extension libraries have attempted to emulate it. "Paul Rosen" <prosen@fte.com> wrote in message news:Ydhxe.15805$eM6.14638@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > Is t...

Customer Cross Reference
2nd Request - Posted a few Months Ago, No Reply --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Has anyone out there used the Customer Part Number Cross Ref v8.0? I loaded a customer list the other day. When I entered the Customer Number on the Sales Order, it was instantly converted over to our number. Worked Great... I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically reference the original Customer Number on the Packing List and/Or Invoice or is that something that needs to be manually typed in. I tried adding notes, but I don't know if they carry down...

Cross table
Hi everybody !! i come again here with a problem i can seem to solve :s i hope someone will be able to give me a hand on this... here it is : i have a sheet with 2 rows: location and activity. several activities can be found in one location, even several of the same activities. schematic exemple location activity 1 A 1 B 2 A 3 A 3 B 3 C 4 B 4 C I would like to create something that give me as a result a sheet where we can see the spatial relations between the activities. so i would have all...

Word
how can I stop my cursor from jumping to different places or disappearing while I am typing? You are probably using a notebook with a touchpad mouse thingy and you are inadvertently brushing across that pad as you type. You can probably reduce the sensitivity of the thing or turn it off and use an external mouse. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Glo" <Glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Is Publisher the right tool?
I'm involved in writing a book of the local library history. This was first created in Word, where we did all our editing and corrections. I then imported it into Publisher 2002 along with JPG images from cameras and scanner. I've got it into something that looks pretty good printed out as A5 pages. We now want to do two more things with it. We want to create an index referencing names and other information. Each chapter is a stand-alone file as is each appendix, afterword and other sections. I need to number each page. I can number each chapter, but the numbers start at "...

number/bullet list style scheme problem from Word 2003 to Word 200
I have a Word 2003 template with build-in and customized styles included paragraph, character, linked style, list/outline style and some macros. The template works well in 2003 to create a document with all the customized styles shown. However, when the template opens in Word 2007, (right click on the .dot file), I have one pop up message that Word detects errors in the file and able to repair with a list of numbered styles. However, I lost my entire customized numbered and bullets list scheme. In 2007, when I use my mouse hover the style pane on these specific numbered or bul...

No "Move Mailbox" cross site migration
Hi everybody: We have a forest with subdomains, the main domain is AD 2000 and has 1 Cluster Exchange 2003 SP1, 1 Server Exchange 2003 SP1 with ADC SP1 and SRS, and 3 Exchange 5.5 in the same Exchange 5.5 site. We have 8 subdomains in AD2000 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with hotfix applied for cross-site in each subdomain, and they had an own site in Exchange 5.5. We are trying to consolidate and move all mailbox and public folders to the Exchange 2003 cluster, we did the domainprep in each subdomain and create a RUS in the Exchange 2003 cluster to each subdomain. When we tried to move cros...

Printing In Publisher #2
I am attempting to print a specialized document using publisher onto a smaller than normal piece of paper. However, Publisher seems to always center the images I am creating on the paper coming out of the printer, and my printer will only allow me to line up the paper on the left side of the paper feed. Is there any way to tell Publisher where to print the images on the piece of paper? Thanks for the help... Bob Stark You have to go to File, Print, Properties and tell the printer the paper size. Look at the last item on the list. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great ...

Merging with Word
I am trying to merge a dollar amount into a word document, but it only inserts the numbers themselves - not the $ sign or the comma. I have the cell formatted as currency. In the cell it shows the correct formatting, but up on "fx" bar it just shows the numbers. I have also tried using different cell formats -- general, number -- but none of them seem to work. Help!!! Hi You could use a helper column with: =TEXT(A2,"$0.00") in it. -- Andy. "toby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6831DAE8-36F0-432E-81C4-E3530A022360@micros...