How do I create flash cards?

I would like to create flash cards, (in Publisher?), and I could not find any
such template. I can, of course,  put the info I want in a blank doc and
print it onto 3 x 5 cards, reversing them to get the back printed properly.
But I was hoping that there was a simpler way. I can not be the only person
who wants to do this!

Thanks for any help,

There are flash cards on this site that might help. There is a "make your own"
section.
http://www.abcteach.com/directory/basics/flashcards/

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Stephanie Schnoebelen" <Stephanie Schnoebelen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:69866453-ED1B-4FD3-A414-85C1AC7C4A67@microsoft.com...
>I would like to create flash cards, (in Publisher?), and I could not find any
> such template. I can, of course,  put the info I want in a blank doc and
> print it onto 3 x 5 cards, reversing them to get the back printed properly.
> But I was hoping that there was a simpler way. I can not be the only person
> who wants to do this!
>
> Thanks for any help,

0
gsauer (5094)
12/3/2004 9:32:18 AM
Dear Mary:

Thank you for your quick response!

I was rather hoping that there was a template out there, where one could
type in the front-side word, and then the back-side definition (or dates, or
whatever you are trying to teach) and have it print out correctly on a
two-sided printer. The flash cards on that site are more like quick notes to
be printed on the front of index cards. They are useful, but not any
different from what I could do myself.

I guess I will have to do this the long way -  by matching up the front and
back carefully on separate pages for all the cards I want printed out.

Thanks,

Stephanie Schnoebelen

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> There are flash cards on this site that might help. There is a "make your own"
> section.
> http://www.abcteach.com/directory/basics/flashcards/
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Stephanie Schnoebelen" <Stephanie Schnoebelen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:69866453-ED1B-4FD3-A414-85C1AC7C4A67@microsoft.com...
> >I would like to create flash cards, (in Publisher?), and I could not find any
> > such template. I can, of course,  put the info I want in a blank doc and
> > print it onto 3 x 5 cards, reversing them to get the back printed properly.
> > But I was hoping that there was a simpler way. I can not be the only person
> > who wants to do this!
> >
> > Thanks for any help,

Lots of help out there.
http://www.eslkidstuff.com/flashcard_printing_instructions.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/Education/VocabBlast.aspx
This is a music site but does have Publisher templates
http://www.m4t.org/performing.htm
http://www.flashcardexchange.com/index.php
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
message news:25A1B2F4-EA08-42F1-A711-A44A2ADA9A0E@microsoft.com...
> Dear Mary:
>
> Thank you for your quick response!
>
> I was rather hoping that there was a template out there, where one could
> type in the front-side word, and then the back-side definition (or dates, or
> whatever you are trying to teach) and have it print out correctly on a
> two-sided printer. The flash cards on that site are more like quick notes to
> be printed on the front of index cards. They are useful, but not any
> different from what I could do myself.
>
> I guess I will have to do this the long way -  by matching up the front and
> back carefully on separate pages for all the cards I want printed out.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephanie Schnoebelen
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> There are flash cards on this site that might help. There is a "make your own"
>> section.
>> http://www.abcteach.com/directory/basics/flashcards/
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Stephanie Schnoebelen" <Stephanie Schnoebelen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:69866453-ED1B-4FD3-A414-85C1AC7C4A67@microsoft.com...
>> >I would like to create flash cards, (in Publisher?), and I could not find any
>> > such template. I can, of course,  put the info I want in a blank doc and
>> > print it onto 3 x 5 cards, reversing them to get the back printed properly.
>> > But I was hoping that there was a simpler way. I can not be the only person
>> > who wants to do this!
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help,

0
gsauer (5094)

Creating a Pivot table
I am trying to write a macro to create a pivot table to use in multiple files where each file will contain the same headers and number of columns. However, the number of rows will vary in each file. Each file has one sheet and all of these sheets have a different name. Can anyone please help? -- Thank you, Jodie On Nov 20, 1:19=A0pm, Jodie <Jo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to create a pivot table to use in multiple f= iles > where each file will contain the same headers and number of columns. =A0 > However, the number of ro...

printing worksheet on 3x5 card
I would like to know if it is possible to print a worksheet the size of a 3x5 card, so I can use it with my flashcards for school? Printerchallenged, if you printer supports this size paper then, file page setup, set paper size to 3x5, excel gets the paper size from your printer settings -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "printerchallenged" <printerchallenged@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

CDialog::Create() returns 0
hello everybody i am having a problem of Creating a modeless dialog. Dialog is created by CDialog::Create function. actually the dialog with the same template is created in different UI threads. for around 70 dialogs there is no problem. but afterwards Create function is returning 0 which means creation is failed. can anyone help me finding out the problem.. thanks in advance. dhruba Step in CDialog::Create and see what is the failure. Most likely that module can not find the dialog resource you are trying to load. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Ya i understood what do you me...

Create and edit shortcutmenubars
Hi!! How can I do it? Create a edit shortcutmenubars in Access 2007? Thanks Luis Look here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb177313.aspx It requires a new macro for each shortcut menu and a master/contol macro to hold all of the shortcuts as 'addmenu' macro groups. You cannot edit existing shortcut menus inherited from earlier versions of Access. If you can get thru the dense instructions, it does work. UpRider "Luis" <luism0(arroba)yahoo.es> wrote in message news:OxZTM7uHIHA.3768@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi!! > > How can I do it? Create ...

how do i create an html email using word
MY company would like a simple Word html newletter email that can be updated by various subsidaries. Ideally we'd like to "lock" formatting and some graphics and have editible regions. Any Help? Word is a poor html creation application. I doubt that Word's implementation will enable you to provide the elements you require - however set the web view to view the formatting and save as a web page.Better still use a proper html creation tool to create the page or create it as an attachment as a Word document form or (if you have the full version of Acrobat) a p...

possible to create new doc with no template colors?
Hi. When sending a publisher 2007 document to the printer upon opening at the Printer's workplace, Publisher substitutes colors from a template color theme changing all the colors I assigned to the document. A staffer originally created the document from a template and then changed some colors on the page, which seems to be the problem. Is there a way to get rid of the template color info? Also, is there any way to create a new, blank document in publisher that does not have any template colors applied to it? I simple cannot see how to create a new blank document as in the...

Creating a Macro that will Pull Emails from Outlook
I'm looking to create a Macro that will pull internet- submitted forms out of Outlook (i have a backlog of about 4000) into an Excel workbook. It would hopefully deposit the information in pre-defined columns. Any ideas how to go about doing this? Thank you, tabby Here is a macro I wrote (more like assembled :-) to get all the email attachments from all emails in the "matthew" folder. Feel free to modify and use it as you like. Matthew Sub FindAttachment() Dim arrFolders() As String arrFolders() = Split(strFolderPath, "\") ' Declare variables Dim ns As ...

Adding lines together to create one line
This is probably very simple but somehow I can't remember how to concatenate lines, so I have one line. Here is example: Table: Notes OrderNo LineNo Note 111 1 aaa 111 2 bbb 111 3 ccc 222 1 xxx 222 2 yyy 333 1 000 333 2 111 333 3 222 333 4 333 The result should be: Table: A OrderNo Note 111 aaabbbccc 222 xxxyyy 333 000111222333 I've tried with this query...

OneNote 2007 What is the best way to create or use onenote for the following
I am trying to creat a Notebook that I can keep a reference about the applications I work with: The structure of the Information is as follows: Software Application 1 Informations Module 1 information Module 2 information Application 2 Informations Module 1 information Module 2 information and the list go on What is the best way to do that and I am a little bit confuse about what is the different between section and section group Thank your help and recommendat...

Creating a Line graph
I have data that I want to put in a simple line graph: The data is A B 23 200 87 500 I mark the 6 cells, select insert chart / line and get a chart with both A and B labels on the x axis. I go to "select data source" and try "switch row/column" and get A and B as series names in the legend. How do I get the label A and the values 23 and 87 on the x axis, and label B and values 200 and 500 on the y axis please? (Congratulations Microsoft for making something that was so easy and powerful in Excel 2003 an absolutely primitive disgrace...

Creating Mailboxes Error 9554
Windows 2003 Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP1 Windows 2000 Domain When I create a new user in ADUC it doesn't create the mailbox properly. It is like the request is made but something in Exchange is not tripping off. I went to check the event log and found a Error 9554. So I go and check to make sure the permissions were being propogated. The permissions for the user are correctly propogating. The permissions for the users mailbox are not. The only user that the mailbox shows is self. I can go in and alter the permissions to mimic everyone elses mailbox as a quick fix but want to...

WLM creates multiple copies of itself in the processes
..0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up WLM it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I close WLM the version in the processes wil not close. So if I open WLM 5 times, then I will wind up with 5 copies of WLM in my processes. Can anyone help? "TADDY" <TADDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2479CC8B-485E-4016-B364-DF9D250BDCED@microsoft.com... > .0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up > WLM it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I...

how do I make place cards #2
I am trying to make small, tent fold table assignment cards, using a guest list that I have created in Publisher (2003)- I want to use the 'name' 'title' and 'organization' fields from my guest list to create the cards, and add a table assignment field, with one table/name/title/organization per card, but am not sure what template to begin with- Do I need to select an Avery product first and then create the place card document, then do a mail merge or start from Word, or...? Thanks in advance for your help- What are your dimensions? Will the card have printing on...

Why does CSocket->Create() hang forever?
The problem: A class derived from CSocket is instantiated. The class's "Create()" function is called. The "Create()" function never returns -- hanging MyApp. This only occurs on a small percentage of the PC's on which MyApp is installed. I know the problem occurs on XP PC's, I don't know if occurs on other kinds of PC's. It has occurred on two or more laptops, as well as at least one desktop. The Visual Studio solution is in Visual Studio .NET 2003. The problem also occurred in the Visual Studio 6 version of MyApp. The solution code is unman...

Creating toolbars thru VBA
Hi Is it possible to create a tool bar thru VB code? and check if it exists for that user, if it dosen't then create it. I want all users of a shared spread sheet to get the same toolbar. I don't want to over write the XLB file below as suggested below, in case it overwrites there current toolbar seetings.. Some one suggests Menu and Toolbar customizations are stored in your *.XLB file. Version 97 is username.xlb and found in C:\Windows folder. Versions 2000 through 2003 are Excel9, Excel10 and Excel11.xlb and would be found in Documents and Settings\yourname\applicati...

Create Views for special user (groups)
Hi NG, I try to generate a list, which shows some data. In list, should be data from every user, but some users are in different teams. So we create views, which shows only the data from the user. This all works fine. Now I will generate a View for the managers, which shows all data in the list. This also works fine, but my problem is: All useres can select this view. Is there any way to set permission to the special view? Thanks, Andre I am sure it is impossible if you run SharePoint 2007. The remedial action is using tools which allow you to set permission on...

Create Database Type Lookup In Excel
I really didn't know how to title this post. Anyway I have a spreadsheet with every zipcode in the state in column A. In column B I have a list of towns associated with each zipcode. Rather then have the user press Ctrl-F to navigate through the 800 row list of zipcodes I was hoping to build a little dialog box that allows them to enter the zipcode and then returns the town. Here's the problem, I don't know how to do this or where to start. Ideally I'd like the only thing they see to be the little zipcode lookup box (vs opening a whole spreadsheet). Please...

Create a PDF Doc with CRM Data
Hi, I would like to be able to create a standard contract document to PDF with the data from a form or Prospect Client, and include of text, images (logo of my society ...) and so on ... Thanks Bernard I can think of a few ways. One would be to use SQL reporting services, which (I think) can save to PDF. The other option would be Office 2007 which can save to PDF (you might have to download the option form Microsoft), which means you could just do a mail merge, and print the file to PDF. If you are using Office 2003 you can get free PDF printers (for example CutePDF) which would al...

create report from combo box item
i need to generate a report after clicking the item in the combo box. e.g i put a command button on the form for a report. when i click it, a combo box should appear and i should select a item from it. On the base of selected item, it should generate a report, e.g i need a report about the car based on the model. when i click command button for report , a combo box appear with the different model like toyota , gmc, lexus etc. and and when i click any model , it should generate the report from the selected model...... i hope you understand what i want. thanks -- Zaheer Acesss Databa...

Issues with Adding Best Buy Credit Card Account
Is anyone else having issues adding Best Buy, or any other account? I have tried this for over 2 months and I get an error message that says it's not available. it works for me, except is offers very vague catagory and item info which i manually change.. dont know how to help you though.. "PapaBear" wrote: > Is anyone else having issues adding Best Buy, or any other account? I have > tried this for over 2 months and I get an error message that says it's not > available. ...

Cannot view text boxes created in Word on a PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I'd be grateful for any advice on this. I created a document in Word on my Mac using Print Layout, it contained 2 lines of text and the rest of the document was text boxes. I saved it as Word doc 97-2004 and sent it to some colleagues who work on PC's (with Word 2007). However all they could see on their machines were 2 lines of text and no text boxes at all. <br><br>When I delved into it a bit more, I realised that on the PC it was only possible to view the document in Draft View or in ...

Creating column
I would like to create a column that automatically adds one for each row. Ex. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Hi, Type 2001 in any one cell (say G1) and then in G2, type =G1+1. COpy this formula down -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "AAA1986" <AAA1986@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6850AC6B-AD98-4AE3-9ABA-D81D06583052@microsoft.com... > I would like to create a column that automatically adds one for each row. > > Ex. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 ...

How do I create a list of sequential numbers using Excel or Acces.
I am trying to generate a list of numbers, incrementally increased to my specifications. I absolutely hate the idea of having to do these myself....is there a way to have Excel or Access generate this list for me? There are all kinds of ways of doing this, but what are your specifications, and restrictions. Increment by one insert a 1 into cell A1 or a formula =ROW() into cell A1 place 1 into cell A1, drag down with right mouse button, fill series place =ROW() * 5 - 1 into cell A1 drag down with mouse, or drag down with right mouse button, fill values (still be for...

How to create email template for campaign response in CRM 4.0 ?
Hi all, I am trying to create a workflow to send email (using a template) after create a campaign response but it fails ( Show "invalid Argument" error ). I have also tried to do the same workflow for campaign and fail too. Is CRM 4.0 not supported using email template to send mail thru workflow ? Thanks for help ! ...

check date of creating agenda in Calendar ?
I am using microsoft Outlook 2003. Is it possible to find out the date of creating the note in the calendar ? Reason to know about this, it's because we are using an open calendar in the office to input our own appointments. We want to find out what date the note/appointment was entered. Please help. thanks Karen Thanks for the reply,Sue, Sorry, I don't understand how you mean by displaying the folder ? Let me elaborate a bit about my issue : There was a note in the calendar, say: e.g. "vacation-John" under the week of 19th July 2010, i.e. the &quo...