How do I create custom size labels (not Avery)?

I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no margins.  They
sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33 labels/page. I've not found an
Avery product that matches.  Older versions of Publisher allowed one to
create such labels, but I can't find a way in the latest Office version.
0
rlawr (1)

rlawr <rlawr@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no
> margins.  They sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33
> labels/page. I've not found an Avery product that matches.  Older
> versions of Publisher allowed one to create such labels, but I can't
> find a way in the latest Office version.

Set the page size to a custom 1 x 2.8125, and then set the Change Copies Per
Sheet to the margin and gap configuration of your sheet.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
8/12/2005 3:09:10 PM
If you have the packaging, it should list the equivalent Avery label number.
(I buy Omax brand often myself.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"rlawr" <rlawr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no margins.
> They
> sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33 labels/page. I've not found an
> Avery product that matches.  Older versions of Publisher allowed one to
> create such labels, but I can't find a way in the latest Office version.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

Data Labels, Error Bars, and Dynamic Charting
I'm currently working to try to automate a process in which I have a steadily growing list of values that are graphed, then assigned varying degrees of error. I limit the list of values shown in the graph so my graph isn't overloaded with information. These charts need 'lab codes', which are unique 2 letter designations, placed into them so that they are above the original point and the error bars. I'm not very good at programming and am using Appspro's Data labeler, but need to be able to call this add-in during the automation. I'm not sure how to call this ...

Changing the grid size in design view
I am using Access 2007 and I have a form I created from a table. I cannot get the form grid to change the width. It's stuck on a little short of 8 inches wide and I would like it to be only 5 inches wide. I am using it in Popup mode and it has a lot of white space to the right side that is empty. OF course the user can change the form each time in form view but if I could change the size of the grid in design view they wouldn't have to monkey with when they open the form. Thanks for looking at my problem. if you can not narrow a form while in design mode - then something is ke...

check box size #3
Is there a way to change the size of a checkbox? I am working in a spreadsheet that will not allow me to change the size of the box itself. Thanks as always for your help! Mark You could cheat, and use a label. >From the control toolbox, draw a label and set its BorderStyle to 1 - fmBorderStyleSingle. Set its font to Wingdings and set its font size to whatever best fits inside the label. Give the label the following code in VBA: Private Sub Label1_Click() If Label1.Caption =3D "=FC" Then Label1.Caption =3D "" Else Label1.Caption =3D "=FC" End If E...

Workflow
The Enviroment: I created a series of Manual workflow rules embedded in an On Create worklow rule. The purpose of the Manual rules is to automatically send out an e-mail template to the customer. Based on the predefined trigger, each unique e-mail contains the predefined text, as well as, embedded slugs referencing the CRM user's specific information (name, phone number, extension, pager, etc.). The Problem: A lead/account is created, therefore triggering the On Create workflow. Then the same CRM user and/or a different CRM user changes a value that is set as a trigger for one o...

Exporting Mailbox Sizes to a CSV file
Does anyone know how to export the Mailbox Sizes from Exchange 2003 System Manager? Within Exchange 5.5, you could "export" the mailboxes which included the size of the mailboxes to a CSV file. You can do pretty much the same thing with Exchange System Manager. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "news.microsoft.com" <apaulina@cherryroad.com> wrote in message news:%23p7cGPtvFHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to export the Mailbox Sizes from Exchange 2003 System > Manager? Withi...

cannot customize outlook Today #7
When user clicks on the "Customize Outlook Today" button, noting happens. I upgraded his OUtlook 2000 to SP3. Did a fix and repair. And renamed the outwvw.dll file to outwvw.old when you go to properties of outlook today from the folder list - home page tab - the restore defaults is grayed out. any help is greatly appreciated. See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "ilene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03f101c3d4af$b3ba6b50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When user clicks on the "Customiz...

Need help on: "Attempt to execute COM object 'MyTest.MyTest' failed. Could not create object."
Hi, I created a DLL to test whether I'll be able to hook it with Tender (F12).... But I just don't understand what the problem is, I am simply not able to get into the Process() Function. Store Operations POS errors out "Attempt to execute COM object 'MyDLL.MyClass' failed. Could not create object." when i press the F12 button to invoke the DLL.... Here's what I did.... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ DLL Name: MyTest.dll Class Name: MyTest.cls (I even tried with different class names and dll names, but it didn'...

Business Unit Form Customizations
Does anyone know any way to modify the BU form and add custom fields to it? I know the SDK says it is not possible. Seems weird that that form you could not add some customization. Any reason why not. There are some entities that they chose to flag as "System" entities. These can't be modified in a supported manner. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "JP123" <JP123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D7D93FF-447A-4696-B1EA-E5A1A43F34D2@microsoft.com... Does anyone know any way to modify the BU form and add custom fields to it? I know the S...

What is the formula to scale a push button rectangle based onits font size?
I investigated every push button in the common dialog boxes such as Open, Help, Cancel, OK, Abort, Retry, etc. that give me the following results: - Rectangle Width = 75 - Rectangle Height = 23 - Font Name = MS Sans Serif - Font Height = -11 - Font Width = 0 As we can see, the width of the button rectangle is always the same regardless length of button text. The results are always the same for every type of common dialog boxes except in a message box, where the button rectangle is scaled based on font size or average character size (It's just my guess) of System Message-Box font. for ...

CImageList::Create()
Dear All, I have read the msdn about the CImageList::Create(), but I don't really get it about the `nGrow' parameter, could anyone explain it to me ?! its prototype is: BOOL Create( int cx, int cy, UINT nFlags, int nInitial, int nGrow ); nInitial Number of images that the image list initially contains. nGrow Number of images by which the image list can grow when the system needs to resize the list to make room for new images. This parameter represents the number of new images the resized image list can contain. Say if we want to create a CImageList object with 6 16x15 images: m_i...

Create Index syntax error
Hello All. I am attempting to create an Index in a table through a sql query, and I keep getting a syntax error in create index statement message. Here is what I have CREATE INDEX [Engagement Name] ON [tb|Main Report Data]; What am I doing wrong? Is there something I have to setup in the database for this type of sql statement to work? On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:44:02 -0700, havocdragon <havocdragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello All. > >I am attempting to create an Index in a table through a sql query, and I >keep getting a syntax error in create index st...

Keep custom format in new worksheet
Hi all, I created a new custom format in "Format Cells", after using this custom format I save the file and quit, when I open the old file the custom format still in this file, but when I try to create a new file the custom format is lost. Is it possible to keep the custom format forever in the Excel so that I don't need to create it again when open new workbook? Many Thanks. Buddy See Ron's reply in .misc -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Buddy" <tcheung27@sinaman.com> wrote in message news:uAWhxPHKFHA.3348@TK2MSF...

How to NOT autosend workflow created emails?
I can't find the answer to this. Is it possible to create an email as part of a workflow and not have it automatically sent? I want to queue the email as part of a sales process so that the opportunity owner can then modify the email content or add custom attachments before sending to the contact. To date, I've been creating tasks to send emails, but it seems a little redundant. It's not uncommon that an email template still requires considerable ad-hoc modification before sending that can't be accomplished through slugs or dynamic content. when you write .Net asse...

File size limited to 32 characters?
Word for Windows can save longer names. MacOSX can handle longer names. Can Office X? No, it can't. That's a known issue with Office X. The workaround is to save the file under a short name, then change to the desired file name using the Finder. You can then open and save the file using Office X, and the long file name will be retained. On 2/13/04 1:28 PM, in article f5b701c3f267$82a48840$a101280a@phx.gbl, "Max M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Word for Windows can save longer names. MacOSX can handle longer > names. Can Office X? -- Micke...

Creating a calculation based on a grouping
I have a database used to record invoices (vendor, date, number, service period beginning and end, amount, etc.). My report shows the records for a specific time frame. (In the database, the service period is entered as: SvPeriod: 1/01/2008, SvPeriodEnd: 1/31/2008.) The records are grouped by vendor and then by service period. However, when creating the report, I chose to use SvPeriod by Month, in which case Access turned the SvPeriod date into the actual month and year and created the "SvPeriod by Month" field. (For example, it took 1/01/2008 and created January 2008.) ...

Why does blank pages print inside a booklet I created in Publisher
I created a booklet in publisher and when I print the booklet everything prints out okay except for the inside of the book, a blank page prints. Why, and what can I do to fix it so the following pages can print consistently. How many pages do you have in your booklet? It needs to be a multiple of 4. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Publisher General Question" <Publisher General Question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C503106-3A4E-4DD6-80F4-379DC1E88FEA@microsoft.com... >I c...

Customer Items
Is there any 3rd Party software that we can map one Item Number to Multiple Customer Items? regards, David, Do you mean your item number is ABC001, customer 0001 calls this same item XYZ002 and customer 0002 calls it KLM999? If so, GP will handle that out of the box, if not, can you describe what you're looking for in more detail? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "davidv" <davidv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E06C7280-BF4E-4B76-98D9-4A5E467BBC00@microsoft.com... > Is there any 3rd Party software that we can map on...

How to handle Customer Deposits
We need to take deposits before a customers events anyone have any input on what has worked best in the past? Our Thought is to sell an item and then return credit it the day of the party But we are looking for a Cleaner way. Other Idea was to receive a payment against a customer account but we wish to track the item so we can show the Deposit was made And a voucher credit would mean making a Serial Number list.... Suggestions Please You could use a work order and take a deposit on that then convert to an invoice. Use in house charges postive balance, Gift cards or vouchers? "ParkR...

How to create a simple http request
I am really sorry if this is not the right place, or my question is too simple; I am not a C++ developer (last time I coded in c++ was 5 years ago :-), -I want to write an ISAPI filter for IIS6, and need to build an http request with a fixed URI (I send my requests to Tomcat), and then read the response back (it will be XML formated). So I need someone to guide me what I should use (I guess in MFC, using CInternetSession and CHTTPConnection) , and since it's ISAPI filter, I believe it has to in unmanaged C/C++, but I don't know how to do it! please... some code samples will REE...

Custom Installation Wizard
Hello All Can someone tell me if I can do the follwing in one job using the Office 2003 Custom Installation Wizard: - Remove an existing copy of Outlook be it 97, 2000 or 2002 - Install and customise the latest version of Outlook 2003 with a profile Thanks AJ Yes, that's exactly the kind of job that the CIW is for.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jum...

OL2003/can't open custom html page as new email body?
i just upgraded to OL2003. i used to make html pages and then open them in OL2002 as the body of the email. i've never used word as the default editor. now when i start a new email and go to the file menu, 'open' is no longer there. what's up? there's no other way to create complex html based emails. or i guess without using word that is. unfortunately, even if i wanted to, i couldn't test this. we didn't upgrade to office 2003. am i stuck? or just overlooking something? thanks. ms See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.c...

Creating Charts using COM
I'm trying to post a chart to Excel using COM. In Excel 2002 and 2003 it works error free, but in versions 97 and 2000, I get this error: "The index into the specified collection is out of bounds." Does anybody know a workaround? Thanks ...

Customizing the Z Report
THe Z report shows the total returns in the summary section at the top of the report. Is there any way I can get a similar breakout of gross sales and returns by department and tender type? -- FRB ...

Custom # format
Hello, I would like to display a number * 100, a percentage w/o the percent sign. For example, if I type in .55 I want the sheet to display the number as 55. How can I do this? Thanks -- jstalin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jstalin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27030 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=439704 I don't think you can. Can you just type 55 and use A1/100 in subsequent formulas? Or use a helper cell to display what you want? jstalin wrote: >...

Enter Customer PO
Is there a specific line to enter custome PO? I would assume there is but I am not finding it. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0699_01C6E8B0.79070870 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable G E, Most use the Comment line Ctrl+F10. =20 Now if you want to save the information in the database, you must turn = it on in Manager | File | Configuration | Options tab | POS options | = check record Item Comments Now if you want to print the comments on the receipt, you can download a = receipt te...