How do I copy text from a web page directly into an existing text.

When I do copy and paste, thw text from the web page is pasted on to my page
in its own text box which means a lot of extra work re-aligning boxes,
0
Alan6824 (103)

Paste it into WordPad or Word first.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I do copy and paste, thw text from the web page is pasted on to my page
> in its own text box which means a lot of extra work re-aligning boxes,

0
gsauer (5094)
1/22/2005 9:44:15 AM
Alan wrote:
|| When I do copy and paste, thw text from the web page is pasted on to
|| my page in its own text box which means a lot of extra work
|| re-aligning boxes,

In addition to Mary's reply you can go to Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted
Text and it will paste into an existing text box.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

Tab , setFocus doesn't hilite the text of the field
Hi, I have many fields that should be filled by the user. I added 2 more and I would like to change the tab order. I don't like using the numbers (after pressing Ctrl D, by clicking the fields I change the order) because I have too many fields and it takes time to do that. So I used the script, in each killFocus function I called setFocus function with the right field. The problem is that this function brings the cursor to the right field BUT it doesn't hilite the value in that field so in order to change this value I have first to hilite it. How can I hilite it by script? Th...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

How to filter text automatically
Hi all, I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from access. the info is as shown session date Amount Due Comments 1 1/1/05 234 11 Good 2 2/2/05 123 7 Not so Good this goe's on for 12 sessions. what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet 'Import1' against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes sense. Cheers. Alan In cell F62 of Main Sheet, put this formu...

Dynamics GP Web Service Install Error
I have installed the default databases for Great Plains 9.0 along with SP2 on a standalone Windows 2003 Server that is not a domain controller. When I go to install Dynamics GP Web Services I get an error just before it finishes that indicates the following: ADAM Error... The value entered for Administrator is not a valid user account. In the unattended setup file, type a valid user account in the Administrator field, and then run Setup again. Does anyone have any advice to get me past this point? I forgot to mention the error code: Error Code: 20020 "Dennis" wrote: >...

Web Outlook (2003) appts are still whacked
Did windowsupdate.com and also ran the tzmove.exe tool to fix appointments with regards to new DST. If I use regular Outlook everything looks fine. But when I switch to Web Outlook, my appointments are still messed up for the next 3 weeks (off by 1 hour). How can I fix Web Outlook appointments? thanks. c Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of Exchange. - RAM On Mar 12, 1:49 pm, "RAM" <rmilbr...@gfnet.com> wrote: > Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of > Exchange. > > - RAM My admin says if appointments ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

How do I create Page 1 of X style page numbers?
I wish to create page numbers that automatically update themselves in this format: Page 1 of X (i.e. a 10 page document would say Page 1 of 10, Page 2 of 10, etc). Can this be done in Publisher automatically? Go to the master page, type *page* before the # and *of 10* after the #. (Without the asterisk) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paresh" <Paresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BEFAA8-6EFD-48DC-ABAC-F117296BF0B1@microsoft.com... >I wish to create page numbers that automa...

Outlook 2000 SP3

CDaoTableDef
I'm developing an application that uses the MicroSoft Access Jet DB engine. This is being done using C++ in VS.net. I need to change the user's db when they use the new version of the program. In particular I need to change the length of a text field in a pre-existing db without loosing the user's data. When I wanted to add a new field I used CDaoTableDef and it worked fine, but I can't locate a method to just update an existing field's properties. Any Ideas on how this can be done?? Thanks, Neil Neil if you need to alter the attributes of a tabledef object, you ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Access between property pages
I have a property sheet with a bunch of property pages on. On some of them I have a TreeList control derived from CListCtrl. What I want to accomplish is this: When a user right-mouse-button-click's on a row in one of the TreeList's, he should have an option to create a new row in a TreeList located on another property page. Some information from the current row should also be passed to the newly created one. How should this be done? All my attempts so far has only resulted in "Fatal Error", "Illegal use..." and so on. Urban Olars wrote: > I have a pro...

Expanding Text Box
One one slide: I need to click on title 1 and have a text box appear...then disappear when I click on title 2...and so on. Without using a macro, how can I achieve this? Thank you. Use Custom Animation to set entrance and exit on mouse click, the exact steps would be somewhat dependent on the version of PP your are using. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Good riddance! Their drawings sucked and they looked like hippies." "Gina" <Gina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA63087D-5125-4...

Access denied to 'c:\NewWeb\web.config'. when accessing OMA thru b
Pretty much out of the box 2003 exchange 2003 sp2; enabled global oma access and get the following .net error ?? Server Error in '/OMA' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access denied to 'c:\NewWeb\web.config'. Failed to start monitoring file changes. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Access denied to ...

Saving Outlook Calendar as Web Page
When I'm trying to save a personal calendar as a web page, there is a date/day mismatch after Jan 1, 2005. In other words, the correct Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Saturday, but when I save it as a webpage, Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Friday, and all the appointments are off by one day also. Anyone else seen this and what can I do?? Jim This is a well documented problem. I posted the same question on 9/17 at... http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/NewsGroups/default.mspx?query=2005&dg=microsoft.public.outlook&cat=exchange&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=C9163434-DE68...

subtotal copy and paste

How do I change the text in a workbook from upper to lower case
Hi Please can anyone help with this one! I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no formulas) and I have done it in caps but now want to change all the text to lower case without having to re-type it all. Excel hslp is confusing so can anyone tell me how to do it please Thanks Mike Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mike wrote: > Hi > > Please can anyone help with this one! > > I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no > formulas) and I have done it in caps but now...