how do I convert a publisher document to .jpeg format?

I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it
can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any
ideas will be appreciated...
0
Thumper (5)

Is there a reason why you want a .jpg? Would a .pdf work?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Thumper" <Thumper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it
> can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any
> ideas will be appreciated...

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/1/2005 8:31:41 PM
Perhaps. I want to use it as an auction description, and I"ll be inserting
..jpeg images into the document. I'm really new to Publisher, and I'll be
happy to try anything you suggest...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Is there a reason why you want a .jpg? Would a .pdf work?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Thumper" <Thumper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it
> > can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any
> > ideas will be appreciated...

0
Thumper (5)
1/1/2005 8:49:34 PM
In Publisher 2000 to do this I use the Paste Special thing.   If you cut
or copy the item you want to convert to a JPG, that sticks it into the
clipboard. Then use Edit/Paste Special and select "picture" it will be
as a JPG... it will also be in your clipboard as a JPG which then allows
you to paste it into a paint program and mess with it.

Hope this helps

Thumper wrote:
> Perhaps. I want to use it as an auction description, and I"ll be inserting
> .jpeg images into the document. I'm really new to Publisher, and I'll be
> happy to try anything you suggest...
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>

>>Is there a reason why you want a .jpg? Would a .pdf work?
>>
>>--
>>JoAnn Paules
>>MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>>"Thumper" <Thumper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it
>>>can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any
>>>ideas will be appreciated...

0
darius_ (13)
1/1/2005 9:13:43 PM
Is this for an online auction? If so, you don't need to save the entire
document as a .jpg. You can save the document as a website.

If you have more questions about this, there is a newsgroups specifically
for webdesign with Publisher.

--

> Perhaps. I want to use it as an auction description, and I"ll be inserting
> .jpeg images into the document. I'm really new to Publisher, and I'll be
> happy to try anything you suggest...
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Is there a reason why you want a .jpg? Would a .pdf work?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Thumper" <Thumper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say
>> >it
>> > can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu.
>> > Any
>> > ideas will be appreciated...

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/1/2005 9:16:10 PM

"Thumper" wrote:

> I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it
> can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any
> ideas will be appreciated...
0
Peter2031 (452)
9/5/2006 10:39:03 PM
Choose Save As from the File drop down menu. In the dialog box that opens,
choose JPEG File Interchange Format in the "Save as type" field. One page at
at time!  If you are wanting to send it to others to view, create a PDF as
it will contain all pages and most everyone has the Adobe Reader to view the
pdf.
"Allan Peter" <Allan Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Thumper" wrote:
>
>> I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say
>> it
>> can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu.
>> Any
>> ideas will be appreciated...

0
Chuck
9/6/2006 6:59:44 PM
Allan Peter wrote:
> "Thumper" wrote:
>
> > I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it
> > can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any
> > ideas will be appreciated...

If you are using WinXP or NT you can create a virtual JPG printer and
print all the pages as a series of JPG files with "01" "02" "03" etc
automatically added to the filenames.  I like this solution better
because it works with ANY windows program.

DO THESE INSTRUCTIONS ONE TIME

1) Download and install Ghostscript and FreePDF from
<http://freepdfxp.de/fpx732.htm>

2) Go to the Start menu and launch FreePDF (not Assistant or Join)

3) Go to Edit->Options

4) Click on Profiles and then New

5) Give it a name like "JPG at 300DPI"

6) Select "jpeg" under "Output Format" and change the DPI to 300 (t may
already  say that)

7) Click on SAVE and repeat steps 4-6 creating a profile called "JPG at
600DPI" (or whatever other resolution you'd like) if you want.

8) Click on the "X" to close the window and then close FreePDF

Now...

ANY TIME YOU WANT A JPG FROM ANY WINDOWS PROGRAM...

1) Select FreePDF as your printer

2) When the dialogue come up, select "JPG at 300DPI" (or whatever) as
your PDF Profile.  You can then tell it to save, e-mail, send to
desktop, or wait and combine it with the next print job.  It will
create a file for each page and add "-01" "-02" etc to the end of the
filename you choose.

0
byteguy (20)
9/7/2006 8:02:46 PM
Allan,

Would your recipients of a 38 page newsletter really like to open 38 jpg
files, as in my computer club newsletters? Pdfs can be created from any
program that can use a print driver. The PDF would be much smaller and a pdf
can be viewed on any Windows, Macintosh, Unix, Linux or Mobile machine.
"Eric" <byteguy@lanset.com> wrote in message

> Allan Peter wrote:
>> "Thumper" wrote:
>>
>> > I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics
>> > say it
>> > can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu.
>> > Any
>> > ideas will be appreciated...
>
> If you are using WinXP or NT you can create a virtual JPG printer and
> print all the pages as a series of JPG files with "01" "02" "03" etc
> automatically added to the filenames.  I like this solution better
> because it works with ANY windows program.
>
> DO THESE INSTRUCTIONS ONE TIME
>
> 1) Download and install Ghostscript and FreePDF from
> <http://freepdfxp.de/fpx732.htm>
>
> 2) Go to the Start menu and launch FreePDF (not Assistant or Join)
>
> 3) Go to Edit->Options
>
> 4) Click on Profiles and then New
>
> 5) Give it a name like "JPG at 300DPI"
>
> 6) Select "jpeg" under "Output Format" and change the DPI to 300 (t may
> already  say that)
>
> 7) Click on SAVE and repeat steps 4-6 creating a profile called "JPG at
> 600DPI" (or whatever other resolution you'd like) if you want.
>
> 8) Click on the "X" to close the window and then close FreePDF
>
> Now...
>
> ANY TIME YOU WANT A JPG FROM ANY WINDOWS PROGRAM...
>
> 1) Select FreePDF as your printer
>
> 2) When the dialogue come up, select "JPG at 300DPI" (or whatever) as
> your PDF Profile.  You can then tell it to save, e-mail, send to
> desktop, or wait and combine it with the next print job.  It will
> create a file for each page and add "-01" "-02" etc to the end of the
> filename you choose.

0
Chuck
9/7/2006 8:44:25 PM
Chuck Davis wrote:
> Allan,
>
> Would your recipients of a 38 page newsletter really like to open 38 jpg
> files, as in my computer club newsletters? Pdfs can be created from any
> program that can use a print driver. The PDF would be much smaller and a pdf
> can be viewed on any Windows, Macintosh, Unix, Linux or Mobile machine.

Allan didn't say he was sending the jpgs to people to read.  That would
be nuts.

I do this "print to JPGs" all the time when I want to include a series
of pages as thumbnails in another document or mark them up somehow.

0
byteguy (20)
9/8/2006 11:29:07 PM

"Thumper" wrote:

> I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it
> can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any
> ideas will be appreciated...
0
Stephanie (81)
4/26/2007 2:36:02 PM
You must have Publisher 2002 and up. Save as, files of type, scroll down to
..jpg. In earlier versions you can save as a .ps file.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Thumper" wrote:
>
>> I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it
>> can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any
>> ideas will be appreciated...

0
mary-sauer (6480)

How to stop document map pane automatically formatting?
For some obscure reason I am suddenly getting a document map pane appearing on all my documents - old and new. (I've obviously formatted it in somehow.) I do not want to see this. I can remove the pane manually but when the saved document is re-opened the pane has re-appeared. It is also on any files I send by email. Hi Michele, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. If this is a Word question, I suggest reposting your question to the newsgroup below: http://www.microsoft.com/...

Reading Publisher file after burning to CD
After a Publisher file is burned to a CD, error message says Publisher cannot find that file. ...

Error in Excel 03: "Cannot cut part of a publisher." Help
I keep getting the following error message when I cut and try to paste anything in an Excel 2003 Spreadsheet- "Cannot cut part of a publisher." What is this message and what do I need to do to cut and paste in this document. ...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

(Publisher 2003) How do I get the two pages to print on to one pag
I need 2 pages to print on one page. I did see on a document that someone else made on my computer that the page indicators (at the bottom left; to switch between the two pages) that the folded part of the 2nd page was turned a different way, and I know that's exactly what I need to do, but I'm not sure how to. Help please? Thanks! Vampressjaden In Publisher 2000 (may be the same for other versions) File Page Setup Special fold Horizontal It will ask you if you want 4 pages - yes -- Don Vancouver, USA "Vampressjaden" <Vampressjaden@discussions.micros...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

publisher: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

Sharing a excel document over the internet
Hey everyone, I am looking to improve a few things with a client of mine. I have an excel worksheet(office 2000, but we coudl also purchase office xp if needed) which contains work that i have to do for my client. What i would like to do is setup an excel doc that would inform us(depending who modifies the document) that there were changes made (like in outlook or something). Example: he writes that he wants me to install 2 new computers in section d(whatever) of the office. HE then saves the excel file, and outlook automatically sends me a notice that it has been modified. I then double ...

Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA
Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via vba, as the macro won't capture them? Thanks and regards, Mark To figure this out for yourself, see Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "mark Stephens" wrote: > Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 20...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Publisher v2.0 #2
I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0 documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer. Was able to save files to a CD. Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP (Windows Vista). When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable to open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or something like that.) What can I do to open the files in my new computer? Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer does not have a floppy disc drive. What can I do? Thanks. "...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Can you rotate a letterhead in publisher into landscape view?
I found a letterhead in publisher that has a boarder I would like to use on a brochure cover. Is it possible to rotate a letter head into landscape view so that I can apply my text? Have you tried? What version Publisher are you using? Open a new instance of Publisher, create the letterhead from the wizard, select the object you want to rotate, on the arrange menu select the rotation, copy and paste the results into the brochure publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Claremore Irish" <Claremore...