How do I compress a Pubisher file on a Mac computer - in Parallel

I need to compress a Publisher file that I ceated on a MAC computer usimg
Publisher 2007 in Parallel mode. Can anyone tell me how to achieve it ?

Thanks in anticipation
0
sallyh8 (2)

I think WinRar and StuffIt are cross-platform zippers.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"sallyh8" <sallyh8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to compress a Publisher file that I ceated on a MAC computer usimg
> Publisher 2007 in Parallel mode. Can anyone tell me how to achieve it ?
>
> Thanks in anticipation

0
webmaster911 (1600)

how can I format output data to a file
How can I format data for output to a file in a particular format ie. 6 chars 25 chars 49 chars from 3 work sheet columns which a not 2,25 and 49 long. This is so that the data can be read by another program. If the first cell only has a "1" in it how do I get excel to output blanks to fill the space to 6 char for the first output? Set your column widths to the field widths you want (6, 25, 49). Set the text alignment for each column to what you want if the default (left for text and right for numbers) is not correct. Then do a File, Save As and pick Formatted Text as the f...

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaa\a
begin 644 306dfrq1j.txt M66]U)W)E(&EN(%-E<FEO=7,@5')O=6)L92 M($ET)W,@82!0<F]V96X@1F%C M="$-"@T*1D))($9/4D5.4TE#4R!#04X@1DE.1"!$14Q%5$5$($9)3$53#0H- M"E1(15)%($%212!42$E.1U,@3TX@64]54B!#3TU0551%4@T*5$A!5"!93U4@ M5$A/54=(5"!93U4@1$5,151%1"X-"@T*(2$A(4)55"!42$59($%212!35$E, M3"!42$5212$A(0T*#0I#;&EC:R!H97)E(&9O<B!D971A:6QS(&]N('1H92!% M5DE$14Y#12!%3$E-24Y!5$]2#0H-"D-L96%R('EO=7(@8V]M<'5T97(@;V8@ M:6YC<FEM:6YA=&EN9R!F:6QE<PT*=&AA="!Y;W4@8V%N;F]T(&1E;&5T92X- M"@T*=W=W+G...

Tracking open files
I often leave files open for days and when I have 20-70 open at the same time I run out resources and one invariably locks up, especially a PowerPoint 2007 file. Is there a way that I can have one of my Access databases log all open files using a form's click event so that I can reopen them when the system crashes? This database is always running--can't work without it and so it is a logical place to store a listing of all my open files. Thanks for suggesting a place where I can start developing the code to do this. In addition to PPTX and DOCX, I usually keep a...

Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003-- I need to have a command for me to SEND email and then prompt me to FILE the sent email into one of my folders that I choose so I am able to pick the folder each time. I would like to create a button in the standard menu bar for: Send & File Thank you See if the VBA code at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm does what you need. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "jc1148" <jc1148@dis...

Shariing Outlook 2003 files across a home network
I'm considering getting a laptop to go along with my desktop, and connecting them via a home wireless network. I would like to be able to download email to either machine, but still be able to read all of the emails from either machine. Is it possible to set up Outlook 2003 such that both machines would share the files (inbox, outbox, address book, etc) on the desktop? Naturally, the desktop would have to be on for the laptop to access the email. Thanks in advance for any assistance! Lewis Clark wrote: > I'm considering getting a laptop to go along with my desktop, and ...

Count a char filed and then show Total Urgent
Hi, I have the following fields: rep orderack Blue Y I would like to be able to count all of the orderack everytime rep = blue and then total the number of Y in orderack so firstly i want to count then sum. can this be done in the same query. based on this query i am then qoing to output the data to data access page. Thanks for your help M Hi a little more info rep orderack blue Y blue Y blue Y blue Y total 4 "mahmad" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Wav File Question for PPS files
I have FINALLY read and digested all the wonderful help about only embedded wav files being able to be emailed.......and have suceeded in being able to do so ....THANKS Trouble here is I have only 2 wav files that are music (not one line jokes, etc.) and am time pressed on finding a good one for a xmas PPS I'd like to send to family. Is there a source online where one can SAFELY download wav files. I've encountered lots of invalid sites out there trying? Looking for something Christmas and sentimental for a family slide show....... Grateful for any help...... THA...

How do I set up a tickler file?
I need to be able to set up a tickler file where I can enter a name and discharge date then have the program automatically remind me to take an action in 2 months. I am using office pro 2003.I would like to do this in excel or outlook. Why not use Outlook's calendar function? -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "moe3rd" <moe3rd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB1A0479-4242-4E05-8BFD-AAB264F948ED@microsoft.com... >I need to be able to set up a tickler file where I can enter a name and > discha...

Pivot Table Source file
I have been doing VBA in Excel for years, but have never done anything with Pivot Tables. I was given a spreadsheet that has 4 pivot tables which grab data from our main system (AS/400). How do I find what files are being used when the P/T's are refreshed? Thanks for any help. -Paul B. You may be able to select a PT, then show the PT wizard. Then click on the Back button to see the settings. This may not apply to you, but when I did stuff like this, I'd have a text file created from the AS/400. Then I'd import that data into excel and do all the manipulation from that impor...

Start a file at a defaulted worksheet/cell?
Howdy, Having a few users to a file, can I have the file open to a default worksheet/cell as I have directions I want them to read before playing... Regards, Kevin Kevin, use something like this, put in thisworkbook code Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet2").Select Range("C3").Select End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "...

Sharing causes exaggerated size file
When I copy an excel file to another user's PC and he enabled the macros, the size of the file doubles!! Any idea how to avoid this? ...

networked computer emails
Hi all, I don't know if this is possible or not but i'm trying to set up an email for a networked computer using the same domain name. have the domain of freeuk.com with a username in front i,e xxxxxxx@freeuk.com and i want to set it up so the other pc has name.xxxxxxxx.freeuk.com/ Is this even possble?? -- egg987 Are you wanting to name the computer or create an email address for it? You can certainly create any email address you want, if you own the domain, but the computer can't receive email directly - you need to use an email client on that computer. If you just wan...

excel2000-password shared file over wireless network-crashing
I have a file that is password protected and shared by two people over a wireless network. It is constantly crashing while saving. Does anybody have any ideas on the problem? I turned off the password ans still have the same problem. I haven't heard anybody complain about excel2000 crashing while shared. Any help would be great. Would excel 2003 work? I don't really want to upgrade since there is very little difference between the both. Thanks, Joe ...

How can I move multiple linked workbooks between computers
without having to define the links? I would guess that if they'er all in the same folder, you could just copy them and paste them into a single folder. If the files were in separate folders, then I'd open each in excel, save them to one folder and copy them to one folder on the recipient pc. But that could even be more work than just Edit|Links???? TAG wrote: > > without having to define the links? -- Dave Peterson Dave, Thanks for your reply. Each of the files are in separate folders. I would be easier to copy than the edit links because each file has multiple lin...

Update 1 of 1 installing, computer won't shut down
Hi, When I shut down my computer and get the message, 1 of 1 updates installing, do not turn off your computer", nothing installs and my computer doesn't automatically turn off like it usually does. I have had to turn it off at the power switch, when I press the off button on the CPU, nothing happens. It just continually goes back and forth from, " installing 1 of 1 updates," to "do not shut down your computer, it will shut down automatically." I would appreciate any help in fixing this issue. Thanks KTexas wrote: > When I shut down my com...

Compressing C: Drive
When deleting old files via properties of C:, there is a check box to compress your drive. Any reccomendation on using or NOT using this option appreciated. TIA From: "Snooky" <snooky@anln.com> | When deleting old files via properties of C:, there is a check box to | compress your drive. | Any reccomendation on using or NOT using this option appreciated. I use it on data file areas and Program Files but not on areas of the OS (exmple; c:\windows). -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/...

Transfer of psts from one computer to another
I was given a hand-me-down pc and have installed my Office Enterprise 2007 on the new machine (which operates on Vista). I've configured my Outlook addresss. I've copied my psts from the old machine (running XP and Outlook 2003) to an external hard drive and have attempted to import them to the new machine. I get an error "don't have permission to access these personal folders". Is this because I need to first delete the previous user's profile and create one for myself? Or is there another issue? Please advise. Locate the pst files in the Document...

Outlook on two computers
I typically run Outlook on two different computers - a desktop which has an always-on connection to the Internet, and a laptop that I use when away from home. Generally, I send and receive mail only from the desktop machine. However, when I am going to be away for several days, I copy the Outlook.pst and Archive.pst files to the laptop, send and receive e-mail from that machine, then copy the files back to the desktop when I return. The *.pst files are quite large (presently about 281 and 500 MB respectively), so this is kind of cumbersome, but I haven't found a better way. Recently, I ...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copyi...

auto create a file
i have a time card in excel that i'd like to automeate a bit more. right now I have a button on the form to save to a specific file, and it names the new time card by name, date and job #. something like "brianh10/14hilton". people have been asking for copies, and it's tough for me to modify the code for the button to save to their correct path. right now mine saves to something like /mydoc's/time/billing/. Is it possible to code the button so that , if the file doesn't exist, the code can create the correct path. code is as follows: Sub Save_As_FileName(...

Question about file location
Hello again everyone, I'm developing an application that depends on an external data file. I've created a new folder within the project and then added the data file to it. I called the folder resources. Now, I'm trying to create a StreamReader to use the file. This is the code I'm using: Try Dim reader as New StreamReader("System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory() & "resources\datafile.dat", true) Catch ex As Exception MsgBox("Could not open file") End Try Now, you would think that this would work, right (maybe...

Picture Format " Compression "
right click ( on picture@powerpoint ) \ Format Picture... \ Picture \ Compress... --> button on left-hand bottom corner missing for Microsoft Powerpoint 2000. ** colleagues of mine have problem to use this good compression function. =================================================== Dear Sae Lee, Thanks for re-sending the compression - picture tool format. MS powerpoint 2000 also does not have the button for compression, pls advise. Is this on the self-assistance help as you mention earlier. Wishing you a Happy New Year 2008. Cheers !! =============================================...

PC freezes when I open a file
I have a four-page document with a lot of URLs. Whenever I open it, my mouse cannot click anything for about two minutes, and the document itself remains frozen for five minutes. If it is only that one document, it suggests that it is partially corrupt. Not knowing which version of Word or OS you are using makes it difficult to give you options to sort it out, but try the Open and Repair function first. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72B470EE-B86F-4018-99B5-F5FCEB41BB34@microsoft.c...

open a file on PDA?
I try to open a file on the PDA but that don't work. The file is located in the same directory that the program. The filename is elevator.dxf. So i const char * fred = "elevator.dxf"; the file name is pass to function etc... drawing.LoadFile(fred) etc.... and FileName is in debugger = "elevator.dxf" pStream = fopen( FileName, "rb" )) but pStream is NULL there; Why? In the same program, i call hinstLIB = LoadLibrary( "LIB.dll" ) and same LIB.dll is on the same directory of the program but that time that's work, he find the file and load the l...

OL 2003 and problem with zip files
We have a problem on our office PC that has started since yesterday. We receive .zip archives as a mail attachment but the last three we have received will not open or save. We have gone back to known good zip archives which have opened previously from Mon/Tue this week & earlier and those now won't open on the same PC. We have forwarded the email to another PC and this can open/save the .zip archive as expected. In addition the Subject line has mysteriously disappeared from within Outlook but we have now got that back. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem...