How do I change case in Microsoft Publishing?

I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the articles
was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
case please?

0
Kristoffa (1)

Might try highlighting the article, format, text, clear all caps if that option is
available.  If you have another text box with regular text, highlight the text,
select the format painter tool on the toolbar (looks like a paintbrush), highlight
the text you want changed.

Quickly copy formatting with the Format Painter
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010548921033.aspx
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Kristoffa" <Kristoffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the articles
> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
> case please?

0
gsauer (5094)
11/11/2005 10:08:41 PM
Kristoffa <Kristoffa@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the
> articles was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the
> text to lower case please?

Use Edit Story in Microsoft Word and change the case in there is probably
the quickest way if you have Word.
Note that there is no product named "Microsoft Publishing".  I'm assuming
you're using Microsoft Publisher.  If you meant Microsoft PictureIt
Publishing, you're in the wrong newsgroup.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
11/11/2005 11:35:20 PM
Hi -

If the person typed it with CAPS-LOCK ON, I don't think that you can use any
formatting tool in Publisher(2000) or Word to change it to a mix of lower and
upper case. (Or even just change it all to lower-case.)

But if Mary and Ed can tell me how, I won't have to send back (or, darn,
re-type!) the two submissions IN ALL CAPS I just got today for the newsletter
I put together! *g*

M.

"Kristoffa" wrote:

> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the articles
> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
> case please?

0
Morisot (87)
11/12/2005 1:37:58 AM
Edit it in Word. Select everything and then hold the shift key down while
you hit the F3 key. It toggles between all caps, all lower case, and
capitalizing the first word of every sentence.

Great little trick, huh?   ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Morisot" <Morisot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
>
> If the person typed it with CAPS-LOCK ON, I don't think that you can use
> any
> formatting tool in Publisher(2000) or Word to change it to a mix of lower
> and
> upper case. (Or even just change it all to lower-case.)
>
> But if Mary and Ed can tell me how, I won't have to send back (or, darn,
> re-type!) the two submissions IN ALL CAPS I just got today for the
> newsletter
> I put together! *g*
>
> M.
>
> "Kristoffa" wrote:
>
>> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the
>> articles
>> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
>> case please?

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
11/12/2005 2:31:08 AM
....like a charm! Thank you! Thank you!

M.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Edit it in Word. Select everything and then hold the shift key down while
> you hit the F3 key. It toggles between all caps, all lower case, and
> capitalizing the first word of every sentence.
>
> Great little trick, huh?   ;-)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Morisot" <Morisot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi -
> >
> > If the person typed it with CAPS-LOCK ON, I don't think that you can use
> > any
> > formatting tool in Publisher(2000) or Word to change it to a mix of lower
> > and
> > upper case. (Or even just change it all to lower-case.)
> >
> > But if Mary and Ed can tell me how, I won't have to send back (or, darn,
> > re-type!) the two submissions IN ALL CAPS I just got today for the
> > newsletter
> > I put together! *g*
> >
> > M.
> >
> > "Kristoffa" wrote:
> >
> >> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the
> >> articles
> >> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
> >> case please?

0
Morisot (87)

Save as publisher 2000
I am using Picture it! Publisher 2001 and I would like to save it for the 2000 version, but when I do a save as, I do not have that choice available. The only choice I get it publisher document. How do I save a file as for the 2000 version? I think you're getting your programs confused. Picture It! is not the same as Publisher. Picture It! has it's own format and I'm not sure if it's backwards compatible. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MK" <systemsgo@comcast.net> wrote in message news:O6uYYI6jEHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I am usin...

External data link change

Tracking time spent on a case including appointments
We came accross an interesting issue recently. When resolving a case the time appeared to be calculated incorrectly if there had been any appointments used during the case. After some further investigation, it became apparent that the total time displayed in the Case REolution dialogue box is the total of the Actual Duration fields from linked activities. The appointment duration is a different field to the Actual Duration, and the Actual Duration is not shown on the default form. The fix is easy - once the problem has been tracked down - add the Actual Duration field to the Appointm...

Increase the resolution of a picture in a pdf/ publisher document
I created an ad in publisher, which included our logo, converted it to a PDF document and submitted it to the company. They informed me that the logo was not the same "high resolution" and would not print as clearly as the rest of the document. How do I fix the resolution of the logo. I have a copy of the logo in Microsoft Picture Manager also. Please help I am new at this. Thanks You can't increase the resolution and not end up with crap. (I couldn't find a nicer word, sorry.) The part that doesn't make sense is that the entire ad is the same resolution in the ...

Microsoft Office 2004
I have the CD, the original packaging, but the CD box is missing - so too therefore the product key. Please advise me, am I able to get a valid product key without having to buy a new version? Thanks, Lesley You need to contact Microsoft Product Support Services to request a new key. You will need proof of ownership. <http://support.microsoft.com/> On 7/16/08 1:43 PM, in article 873ee0b157aa1@uwe, "LesleyF" <u44879@uwe> wrote: > I have the CD, the original packaging, but the CD box is missing - so too > therefore the product key. Please advise me, am I able to ...

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Microsoft Outlook #22
I am trying to figure out how to receive/sent emails with Microsoft Outlook from a remote site computer (away from office/home computer). Where can I find this information or what are the procedures? I like access my e-mails while traveling. Unless you are talking about an .ost file with Microsoft Exchange or Outlook Web Access, you better HOPE you can't access your local Outlook over the internet as this would mean that your computer is open to anyone on the Internet. However, if you mean can you setup a mail account identical to your one at home, then if you are using the same ISP,...

more on VBA function name change

I don't have MS Publisher, how can I view a .pub file?
Someone sent me a .pub file and I don't have Publisher. How can I view the ..pub file? Thanks, Mike Archangel Get the sender to re-send it in .pdf format, go and buy Publisher for yourself.. there is no viewer available.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "Archangel" <Archangel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4CF3827-F640-4ECD-AB52-F93CA89934A5@microsoft.com... > Someone sent me a .pub file and I don't have Publisher. How can I view > the > .pub file? > > Thanks, > > Mike ...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

What is wrong with my Select Case?
The following code does not work I do not know why. the number that I am checking is "0.00338076308652524" which is < 1 but I am not getting the result which is " less than" in the text box "RF34d" (RF34d = NumbertoLetters(RF34c)) any idea? thanks *********************************************** Private Function NumbertoLetters(numTolet As Integer) As String Select Case Format(numTolet, "##") Case Is < 1 NumbertoLetters = " less than" end select end function ********************************************** Al, The forma...

icon changes with change of extension

excel 2003 not working when published to remote site
Using Excel 2003. Create a chart and have saved it as a web page and published to a remote share. When I save it locally, it works fine and is interactive,etc.. When I save it remotely and open the htm file in a web browser, it opens like the charting area but the data is not present. Gives error below in the pivot table that appears. Getting error The query could not be processed: o Error opening data file "file://\\remoteserver01\hassan\numbers_files\Numbers_Jan24_12558_cachedata001.xml". Any idea how to fix it ? I want others to access it remotely. Thanks ...

Publisher 2002 document incorrectly interpreted in Publisher 2003
Alan wrote: Ok. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Why is it that suddenly we are getting SCADS of posts like this? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <ic@ntellu.com> wrote in message news:u6iiBfjpEHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Alan wrote: > > Ok. > > -- > Brian Kvalheim > Microsoft Publisher MVP > http://www.publishermvps.com > ~pay it forward~ > > This po...

Field Type Change