How do I animate text in Publisher 2003

I have used Publisher to create a basic website but would now like to jazz it
up by adding moving or animated text. Is this possible in Publisher ?? its
easy to do in Word or Powerpoint but have yet to find a way in Publisher
0
Steve.R (1)

That's because Publisher is a dtp and ink doesn't move.

You want to create an animated .gif...use google to find a image editor that
creates animated gifs. You could also use Flash...just depends on what you
want to do.

PS...jazzing up text usually looks amateurish.

"Steve.R" <Steve.R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have used Publisher to create a basic website but would now like to jazz
it
| up by adding moving or animated text. Is this possible in Publisher ?? its
| easy to do in Word or Powerpoint but have yet to find a way in Publisher

0
webmaster911 (1600)

finding numbers within text
I'm trying to extract a 15 digit number from a long text string within cells. Many of the cells in my spreadsheet have lots of text, with sometimes 200-300 words per cell. Each of these cells has one15 digit number that I need to extract and separate from the text. This 15 digit number will then be pasted into a different cell. Normally, I would do a search for a 6 digit number that begins with 1 within a cell like this: "This is my text 123456 hello everyone" --> text in cell A1 =MID(A1,FIND("1",A1,1),6) --> formula in cell A2 123456 --> result in cell ...

You are unable to add a database to the Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Group
Hi, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555307/en-us Is there any solution available for solving this problem ? Thanks Mario Did you try the one listed? RESOLUTION Right-Click the incorrectly formatted mailbox store name in the Exchange System Manager. Select "Rename" and add the appropriate leading or trailing parenthesis so that the mailbox store is in the expected format of MailboxStore (Server Name), or rename the store so that there are no mismatched parenthesis. In some cases, you may need to rename the mailbox store via Adsiedit. See "More Information". Bac...

Office 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am unable to view my received email messages in the Reading Pane; there is nothing in the pane but “from, to, and the subject”. The reader is blank where the message should be. I know that there is a button somewhere that I need to push. Can someone help me? ...

Reverse text to columns
Is there any way to combine text from multiple columns into one column? Sort of like the reverse of or undoing the "text to columns" feature. I know I cn use the "&" symbol in a formula e.g. =A1&B1&C1 but this leaves a formula in the cell so if I delete the original cells it no longer works. I'd like to simply merge columns that split text into multiple columns back into one column. Thanks!! But you can simply copy>paste special>values in place to overwrite the "&" formulas to convert to values? Rick Bedard <rickbedard@min...

Anyway to repair corrupt Publisher 2007 file?
I've searched and can't find a solution. Any ideas? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us Is your anti-virus software current? An out-of-date antivirus program may cause errors when you try to open an Office document or to start Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835404/en-us Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micr...

from the text 4 pcs., how to remove only characters/text
Pls help me in the above subject i.e. from the cell contents in excel as "4 Pcs.", what is the formula to be used to remove only number and mention in a separate cell. i.e. cell should contain only numeric value, not the text. Chris, is the syntax always the same? i.e. a figure followed by a space followed by text. =VALUE(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1))) If it isn't, it may be advisable to provide more information on the possibilities before we get further into it. "chriswyn" <chriswyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8...

Excel is converting my alphanumeric text to scientific notation
I am having a problem with excel. I am importing text from another spreadsheet with thousands of entries. The column of concern is room numbers in the format of: Building Name/Floor Level/Room Number (i.e. Tower/03/03B14) The room numbers are all alphanumeric. I need the room numbers broken out separately. Most are fine, but when they contain an 'E', Excel sees the the alphanumeric text as scientific notation no matter how the cells are formatted. So I can't use the the Text-to-Columns tools which would be the easiest way to do this. The different building names, floor levels and...

OWA 2003 Admin tool
I installed the OWA 2003 Admin tool on a Windows 2003 server (member of a Windows 2003 domain). This server also has Exchange 2003 installed on it configured as a Front-End server. It has .Net 2.0, IIS 6.0, IE 6.0 SP1. When I use the OWA Admin tool, most of the options are greyed out. There are some options in Security and another section that I can change. But for the most part, I can't make any other configuration changes. Anyone know what could cause this? I'm logged in as the Domain Admin which has full rights to Exchange. Thanks ...

Publisher Mail Merge Stapling Printer Problems
Problem: When printing a mail merged document and collating / stapling it, it puts 2 merged documents together rather than printing / folding 1 and then the next record. In Publisher 2003 / 2002 we were able to use KB article #891904 to put a registry value in to solve the problem. In Publisher 2007 however, there is not a fix posted and the previous fix does not work - at least not one that I know of. I have tried all of the usual searches, GOOGLE, MSFT KB, etc. but the articles that do acknowledge 2007 is on the market do not have a fix for it yet. Even KB891904 does not have ...

Out of office text dissapears
I had setup an out of office message using outlook2000 on exchange 2003sp1, turned it on this AM , tested and it worked. Tonight, I went back thru OWA to turn it off and it was blank, but still on. ?? What could cause this? thanks Cr ...

Publisher 2003 Printing #2
When I send a publisher document as an attachment the recipient is printing it to my printer. If the recipient choosing the printer icon in the tool bar the document will print to my printer. The recipient does not have my printer installed on there computer. Is there a way to prevent this? cwyckoff wrote: > When I send a publisher document as an attachment the recipient is printing > it to my printer. If the recipient choosing the printer icon in the tool bar > the document will print to my printer. The recipient does not have my > printer installed on there computer. ...

Errors sending on behalf of a distribution group in Exchange 2003
Hi everyone, I'm trying to send an email on behalf of a distribution group in exchange 2003 but I'm getting the following error message: "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator." The distribution group has exchange attributes associated with it and I'm using the "from" field in Outlook to send on behalf of that group. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers, John John, I don't know if it is possible to "Send on Behalf" of a distribution group but you can "Send As&q...

Visible text in a cell
I have a spreadsheet with text which extends beyond the column width but is still visible. However, in one row, only the amout of text that will fit into the width of the column is displayed although the full text string shows in the edit box. Any ideas? try touching the delete key in the cell to the right. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Ash" <Ash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A26E1C04-37F5-4E8D-99DE-0C1B5F7AE1A1@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet with text which extends beyond the column width bu...

Draw rectangle around text in text box
Hello, on a report's groupheader i have a textbox which i would like to be framed by a rectangle depending on the width of the text it contains. I now use the TextWidth function within the following code: Private Sub Gruppenkopf0_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer) Breite = Me.TextWidth(Me.Text20) Me.Line (Text20.Left, Text20.Top)-((Text20.Left + Breite), (Text20.Top + Text20.Height)), , B End Sub But the TextWidth function doesn't seem to calculate the width of the text in the textbox properly, it is too small. If I multiply the result (Breite) by 1.6 I get a go...

Exchange 2003
How do you access the IMS mailbox and System Attendant mailbox in Exchange 2003? I am noticing a number of mail items sitting in them that need to be deleted. Thanks in advance! Kit If you're talking about the system mailboxes on Exchange 2003, then I'd leave them alone. AFAIK, there's nothing in them that *needs* to be deleted. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Kit Adams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04db01c3dbb9$68958d10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you ac...

adding email text to a new task in office 2003.
Hello everyone. In Office 2000 when you selected an email to be added to a task you could select text only and all the text would be copied into the new task, including the body text of the email. Now in Office 2003 I can only seem to include the To, From and the subject line fields in the new task. Is there a way to also include the body of the email without copy and past exercise. I hope there is an answer to this and gets a PA off my back Thanks. is the message in the same message store as you are saving the task to? Do you know if you are using an ANSI format (compatibl...

Wrapping text in a cell
In a single cell, suppose I want text to appear on two lines. Viz: Case One Case Two How do I do that so that I specify the wrap point? Thanks! If you are typing the data into the cell use Alt-Enter between each string to indicate where you want a line break to occur. Case One<Alt-Enter>Case Two Alt + Enter -- Lilliabeth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27741 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476428 If you...

Outlook 2003 email template (OFT)
I would like to setup an email template where some of the text in the template are locked from being deleted or edited eg: Dear, Name, etc. Sample letter: ------------------ Dear , Your reference number is The text "Dear" and "Your reference number is" are locked so that the user can only fill out corresponding text to the right of those fields. How can this be achieved and if it needs development - how to? Rgds P F "test" <test@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A33918B3-76EB-4E59-9B53-C18858F3EB7F@microsoft.com... >I would like ...

Windows 7 joining SBS 2003 R2 domain
I'm having an issue with connectcomputer and joining a Windows 7 Ultimate PC to our SBS 2003 R2 domain. When I attempt to join I get the following error: "An error occurred while trying to copy the Client Setup files. Check the following, and then try again: If you use a public proxy server to browse the Internet, clear the Internet Explorer connection setting for using a proxy server. To do this, from the Tools menu, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, click LAN settings button, and then clear the check box in Proxy Server. If you on not have a pu...

HOW DO I WRAP TEXT
I can't figure out how to wrap text around an autoshape in WORD or PUBLISHER. HELP says to select the shape and select one of the text wrapping etc but doesn't say anything about where to type text. I've tried several ways but still can't do it. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing but need help. I'm trying to wrap text around a circle Usually in Publisher it is simply bringing the autoshape to the front of the text box, the text will wrap around it as you type into the text box. Word doesn't have text boxes, if you select any wrap but inlin...

Outlook 2003 & text messages
When you want to text message someone's cell phone from your computer you use their cell phone number as their address. When I do this Outlook gives me an error message that it doesn't recognize it as an email address (I assume because there is no @whatever) and will not let me send. I do not see a way to override this and send anyway, surely it must be there. Could someone please tell me how to do this. Thanks in advance... Bob you have to send it as an email with the @ sign your computer is not a phone "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message n...

why won't animations move in outlook 2007 emails
-- thank you Keith mole <kjmsafe-pot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: <nothing> Because Microsoft removed the ability to display anomation from Outlook 2007. -- Brian Tillman Outlook 2007 does not support animated GIFs anymore due to tighter security handling. Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote *** Subsc...

Animated chart
Jon Peltier recently posted an article called "Gas Price Interactive Time Series" on his blog. Can anyone please explain how the animation works? The chart plots the data in the first two rows of the data sheet. The scroll bar under the chart is linked to cell A1 in the data sheet. This corresponds to the row of the data list which is listed in row 2 of the data sheet and plotted in the chart. The first row of the data sheet contains series names, which do not change. The second row extracts the values from the proper row using this formula: cell B2: =INDEX(B$9:B$808,$A$1) ...

what is the safe senders list in outlook 2003?
It's a list of email addresses for the Junk email filter of addresses that will be ignored by the filter "j-man" <j-man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE91BE4B-D135-4A13-8D1D-6110625B4269@microsoft.com... > ...

Outlook 2003 not retaining dictionary and message rules settings
A customer is reporting that a new installation of Outlook 2003, using a PST file that I copied across from his old computer, is not retaining dictionary and message rules settings. I introduced the saved PST by copying it in place of the blank one that Outlook created when I first ran it; I found that importing using File | Import resulted in duplicate Contacts entries and a duplicate Personal Folders tree structure. When I raised that issue in another newsgroup a few days ago, the advice was to use the saved PST in place of the blank one; is this the best way to migrate Outlook saved mail a...