How do I alternate headers on facing pages?

This may have been answered before on this group, but a search of existing
posts doesn't yield anything.

I've been setting up a book to publish, a catalog really, based up the
contents of a database.  Publisher 2003 makes easy work of this, but I need
to be able to add the author's name as a header for the odd numbered pages,
and the the chapter title for the even numbered pages, and so far several
purchases of books, and trips to the library has yielded nothing.  Is
publisher 2003 capable of doing this?  This is so basic to book publishing
that I'd be surprised if it doesn't, but then I've been surprised before.
I've set up two master pages, one with one header, one with the other, but
have found no way to apply each to alternating pages.

Any help would be most appreciated.

/Bob

0
bobe (1)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:38:25 +0000, Bob Erdmann wrote
(in article <120b8uf9n9qt529@corp.supernews.com>):

> This may have been answered before on this group, but a search of existing
> posts doesn't yield anything.
>
> I've been setting up a book to publish, a catalog really, based up the
> contents of a database.  Publisher 2003 makes easy work of this, but I need
> to be able to add the author's name as a header for the odd numbered pages,
> and the the chapter title for the even numbered pages, and so far several
> purchases of books, and trips to the library has yielded nothing.  Is
> publisher 2003 capable of doing this?  This is so basic to book publishing
> that I'd be surprised if it doesn't, but then I've been surprised before.
> I've set up two master pages, one with one header, one with the other, but
> have found no way to apply each to alternating pages.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> /Bob

It doesn't. Purchase Serif PagePlus and you'll be able to do what you need
easily.

0
naggingdoubt (192)
3/1/2006 1:57:28 PM
Bob Erdmann <bobe@ngcic.org> was very recently heard to utter:
> I've set up two
> master pages, one with one header, one with the other, but have found
> no way to apply each to alternating pages.

You don't want two master pages, you want one two-page master.  Arrange >
Layout Guides > Two-page master.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

MSCommCtrl alternative??
I would like to use the com port to communicate with an external device. MSComm32, an ActiveX control, fits the bill fine for this if you happen to have a dialog open that can parent the control. That way, you can create a control variable of the Comm32 class and have access to all its glory. In my application, I have no dialog that hosts the control. I realize this exposes my ignorance of ActiveX and COM but is there a reasonably simple way to get access to an ActiveX control's functionality without having it reside in a dialog? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob Curry wrote: > I would ...

move sent items to alternate folder dependant on sender email addr
Hi I have an issue, caused by having multiple mailboxes open in outlook, this is a business requirement with different email addresses (and domain names) for different business areas. (eg user1@dom1.com and user1@dom2.com) I am using outlook2003, backed by exchange 2003. I want to automatically place sent items in the correct sent items folder depending upon what email address (account) was used to send out an email. Whichever is the primary email account currently has all sent items in it. (eg sent from user1@dom1.com and user1@dom2.com) Although it is possible to manually just cop...

I need a template for receipt book pages, numbered

Decipering the header
Hi, How can I decipher the email header to find out where it is actually coming from? Thanks. ashkaan57@hotmail.com <ashkaan57@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I decipher the email header to find out where it is actually > coming from? This isn't really an Outlook issue. There are many web sites that offer this information. Here's one of them: http://spam.abuse.net/userhelp/howtocomplain.shtml -- Brian Tillman ...

Access Output should be the Column Header
I have Access 2000 and I have a database that has a lot of check boxes. I would like the output of those columns to be the column header if the boxes are checked and blank if the boxes are not checked. How would I go about doing this? KHarmon wrote: > I have Access 2000 and I have a database that has a lot of check boxes. I > would like the output of those columns to be the column header if the boxes > are checked and blank if the boxes are not checked. How would I go about > doing this? I'm not clear what you're asking. If I have a table with a Yes/N...

macro at page break
Place macro so it prints starting 6 lines above each page break -- Randy Not sure what you're trying to do. Could you please give more details? App, version? You want to print the macro 6 lines above each page break? You want to print a header 6 lines above each page break? You want to print automatically when you enter a page break? More info might help. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C60553CF-D7E5-4968-B8B3-58C5A376E248@microsoft.com......

An attached .mht file should be used to email a multiple page new.
Publisher suggested methods are Publisher WEB single page or an attached .pub file. Also a .tif or .mdi are alternate suggestions. Publisher multiple page newsletters can be saved as a .mht file and can be viewed in IE on the same computer or viewed on another computer if the file is moved by disk. However when emailed (using MSN), it is not viewable at the other end. In most cases it is completely messed up and in a few cases it is moderately close. This has been tested with recipients using Windows XP and ME using IE 6.0. This seems like a good universal way to have multiple page news...

Form as web page?
I have an Access database with a form that I would like to have pop-up whenever anyone in our agency opens their web browser. The form requires no input from the user, other than to close it (it simply displays data that changes everytime it's opened). If I can display as a HTML document, I would remove even the close option and replace it with a hyperlink to a standard home page. Is it possible to accomplish this? I've read a little about Data Access Pages, but I've had no experience with it at all. If what I want to do isn't possible through Access, what about thro...

Outlook 2002 / XP: Colour messages with a specific header
I am trying to colorize messages that have a specific text in the email header. This feature is commonly found in Autoformat settings, but I cannot seem to add the feature of looking at headers!! Any rule or macro or steps to change settings to achive this would be appreciated. Also, would appreciate any url with additional info on the same. TIA -=KoolPal=- Got the answer: 1. Create a rule to categorise the email. 2. Use Automatic formatting to color the messages!! Simple. Doh! yourkoolpal@yahoo.com (Kool Pal) wrote in message news:<8889c0fa.0308260338.28b6581@posting.google.com>...

Why wont Pub2003 allow me to send page as email any longer?
Used to be able to send my page as an email. Today the only option is to send it as an attachment. What happened? -- integritytommyg integritytommyg wrote: > Used to be able to send my page as an email. Today the only option is to > send it as an attachment. What happened? Presumably, your default email client. You need to have Outlook of the same version as Publisher, or Outlook Express 6, set as your default email client in order to send a page as a message from Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Page Headers and Subreports
Hi: I have an unbound report with a page header. The page header has various labels in it. I then have a "fake" group with a subreport in the header for the group. The labels in the page header for the main unbound report pertain to the columns of data in this subreport. I have a second "fake" group with a similar (but not identical) subreport in the header for the group. This group is set to start on a new page. I want to change the labels in the page header of the main report whenever this group is being displayed. How do I do this? In case I've lost you in d...

Emailing a multi-page newsletter as the message
This is an advance notice of something I need to put into writing. I found a terrific way to send a multipage newsletter as the body of an email. It is not completely free tho. You need some sort of pdf creating software (free will work), and a $40 software program. Believe me, this will be the best $40 program you've ever purchased. Look for something later this week. Right now I have to prepare a mailing list with 1700 people for a mail merge. I'm a bit busy right now. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was ve...

Alternative to
Hi all, Thanks for your help in advance. Well I am at nadir in terms of knowledge of MFC and any other GUI development thing, But I have to solve a Bug which is like that in a Window, a menu which appears on double right click should come up instead in single right click. It is using currently the following things to do the same ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(NM_RCLICK, OnRclick) void CTreeInfoWnd::OnRclick(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) Earier I thought I should use the following ON_WM_RBUTTONDOWN() void CTreeInfoWnd::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point){ but here the problem is I need NM_LI...

Macro that copy page to page just some filled cells
I want to create a formula (macro ) that helps me. I have in one sheet with some columns that clientes filled with quantities and i want create fomula ( macro ) that copy just the filled cells and the cell with description (B2 cell is filled with quantities and A2 cell have the descrption product, and I want a macro that just copy the filled cells to another page. ...

Pages
I have just re-installed Publisher 2002, and I cannot open additional pages in a publication. Can someone please help me here? Do you have the service packs? List of issues fixed in Publisher 2002 by Office XP Service Pack 2 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325733 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "popadave" <popadave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09A02C4D-7AA7-427E-A125-DF1DF0886D3C@microsoft.com... >I have just re-installed Publisher 2002, and I cannot open ad...

Can I create and syncronize alternate calendars on my pocket PC?
I use ActiveSync to syncronize my Home PC and Work PC with my PocketPC. Can I also create and synchronize these alternate calendars on my PocketPC and home/work PC? ActiveSync only syncs the default calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of emai...

Alternative to IF function
I have a formula that is using nested IFs, and it is beginning to becom unmanageable. First I am at the 7-deep limit, but otherwise I find the logic aspec hard to follow everytime I have to alter it. In VB there is *Select Case*, in C++ there is *switch*. Is there a VB *worksheet* function with similar functionality t these? (I've searched but can't find). something like: Code ------------------- =Case($A$1="A-325", THEN <SomeComplexFormula>, $A$1="A-490", THEN <SomeOtherCompleXFormula>, $A$1="A-500", THEN <YetAnotherComplex...

Rename Column in Header
I can't seem to force a name change to a field which is summed. It keeps reverting back to "SumOfWhatever". Any suggestions. I am exporting my query to a spreadsheet for charting and I don't want to have to change the column headings there. -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:15:22 -0800, m stroup wrote: > I can't seem to force a name change to a field which is summed. It keeps > reverting back to "SumOfWhatever". Any suggestions. I am exporting my query > to a spreadsheet for charting and I don't w...

How do I set up a page sized 17 x 11 inches?
I am publishing a newsletter, (8 pages, 2 double sided). Folded size to be 8.5 x 11 inches. Therefore i want to set up my page size to be 2 columns each 8.5 X 11inches Finished document will be 8 pages, 2 sided, 8.5 x 11 in. I am using word 2003, but can switch to Word 2007. Thanks for your help. Jenlyndy@aol.com, You have to set the page size to 11 x 17. If your printer cannot print this size, then that page size will not be available, and you will have to install the driver for a printer that can print that size. From there, use "2 pages per sheet" on the Margin...

alternate recipient
Hi all, I want to send a mail to another user, if mail can not be delivered to the original recipient. I use MAPI. Any little help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.. ismailgunes81@yahoo.com (ismail) wrote: >Hi all, > I want to send a mail to another user, if mail can not be delivered >to the original recipient. I use MAPI. Any little help will be >appreciated. Thanks a lot.. If mail cannot be delivered to one recipient it generates a non delivery report. You can't get a mail delivered from Person A (either local on Internet) to Person B, and then if B doesn't r...

Re: getting a linked spreadsheet to flow between pages
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ilr <iragless@hotmail.com>... > I have a pricelist in an excel spreadsheet. I would like > to link that spreadsheet as an object within publisher so > that when prices are changed in excel they are updated in > the publisher file. The spreadsheet is longer than a > page so I would like it to flow to the next page. > > Is this possible? Nope. But you may be able to create two worksheet objects and point one to the first half, one to the second half. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publishe...

second axis disappears on pivot chart when page field changed
Hey Peeps Wonder if any can shed some light on a work around... I create my pivot chart and all is well... I add a second axis to the pivot chart and save my work... I close the pivot chat and then re-open... I select a different value from the 'pagefield' and my second axis dissappears??? Any ideas why this happen / any suggestions / work arounds? Many thanks Paul Brown -- paulbrown ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paulbrown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32852 View this thread: http://www....

Invalid page fault excel 97, win98
Hi, I have a workbook which is a database with entries via a vb form. It crashes when I make an entry, it seems to have something to do with the data on the sheet, if I load an old backup it works fine, then if i cut and paste records from the new sheet into the old one it then starts to crash in the same way when I then start to add records. Any ideas what may be causing this? Many thanks, Rick ...

Insert defined names in header/footer
Hello group, Is it possible to insert defined names in header or footer? You can insert Doc Variables into header/footer in Word. Since Excel doesn't have Doc Variables, I was hoping I can insert Doc Proproties. But cannot. It seems defined names can't be used in header/footer either. Can anyone please confirm, or provide an alternate? Thank you! You can insert builtin document properties and custom document properties into a header/footer. Requires VBA code. Sub Last_Saved_Footer() 'Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wk...

Coloring Alternative Rows only if data is there
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with [ =MOD(ROW(),2)=1] conditional formatting in it. I want to highlight this only if there data in there. I have googled if but cannot find the method can anyone post the method or provide me with link. It will be 2nd conditional formatting I think :l =AND(COUNTA(1:1)>0,MOD(ROW(),2)=1) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "BetaDocuments" <betadocuments@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c0c21d2b-e800-4c9a-b310-24a10793eb7c@g38g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a spreadsheet with [ =MOD(ROW(),2)=1] conditiona...