How do I alphabetize a list of names in Publisher?

How do I alphabetize a list of names in Publisher?
1
moron (3)

You copy it into Word, sort it there, then paste it back int Publisher.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"moron" <moron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I alphabetize a list of names in Publisher?

0
jl_paules (2767)

senders name
A very simple question, but I can't find the solution. I want to change the name of the sender in our external e-mails. As our logon-names we have John, Jim, Susan, etc. Unfortunately our external e-mails are send by "John" <j.smith@where.com> instead of "John Smith" <j.smith@where.com> I have tried the following: - changed the display name of the mailboxes. The name changes in the adress list but the mail still comes from "John" (even after reboot of outlook) - put last name in with first name in mail boxes; doesn't work, really I see a...

making a flyer in publisher larger
I' cant seem not only to change my flyer from a 2x2 to much larger, but I can't even get my font size larger, etc. What should I do? Do you mean 2" x 2"? Can you see the ruler? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Magsteel" <Magsteel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EF06FF-CE26-4DD5-BD23-5A6066A8AC5E@microsoft.com... > I' cant seem not only to change my flyer from a 2x2 to much larger, but I > can't even get my font size larger, etc. What should I do...

Allen Browns List files recursively
this is a query relating to allen browns List files recursively contribution via http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html brilliant contribution, works really well. the only issue i have is the full path and filename are displayed in the list box, so my list box needs to be the size of the screen to view full path. Is there a way to just get the listbox to display the filename to the user but to also keep the filename and path hidden so that the double click hyperlink still works to open the documents?? On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 04:56:04 -0700, StuJol <StuJol@discussions.microsoft.co...

Create a Group Mailing List
I have created mail groups in the past, but now cannot. I have also read all the directions on this message board, but nothing works for me. Help! Why can't you? Are you missing the buttons on the toolbar? Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, ...

Outlook Mail Item Duplicate "Display Name" Problem
Dear all, I'm currently writing a Persona Menu smart tag in Outlook 2003. I use dynamic caption and intend to modify the "Additional Actions" sub-menu depending on the contact(in the MAPIFolder) that the tag is referring to. Problem occurs in the mapping of the tag and OL contact. All information I can find from the smart tag action DLL(with ISmartTagAction2 interface) is just the tagged text string from get_VerbCaptionFromID2() but not the entity object that calls the persona menu. So my way to complete the chain is to : 1) search the sender and recipients' "display...

Personal Distribution List
Hello All: Is it possible to hide the membership from the Personal Distribution List (the one setup in Outlook Contacts folder) in Outlook 2003? Thanks. no, because AD/Exchange doesn't really recognize the PDL...if you need to send email to a PDL and not have anyone know who it went to, use the "bcc:" field line to address it... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <ocean> wrote in message news:%23LmbXe2AHHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello All: > > Is it possible to hide the membership from the Personal Distribution List > (the one setup in Outlook Contacts...

publisher/word templates
I use Publisher to create a Newsletter. As my responsibility and coverage area increases, I have to get the Newsletter to more sites. Most people do not have Publisher on their PCs. Is there a location on Microsofts website that has the same templetes for Publisher, but in Word format. kl wrote: > I use Publisher to create a Newsletter. As my > responsibility and coverage area increases, I have to get > the Newsletter to more sites. Most people do not have > Publisher on their PCs. Is there a location on Microsofts > website that has the same templetes for Publishe...

HOW TO DO -INPUT FORM WHERE DROP DOWN LISTS OPEN OTHER LISTS TO SE
Inputters need to put in their time and select what they worked on, witch can start out with one type, then tree down to more specific types they must select. An example is at: http://www.accessmvp.com/Arvin/Combo.zip It uses listboxes but the code is the same. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "tnahowru" <tnahowru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24CFD905-A4F3-4B5D-81FE-2704B8BB6FA5@microsoft.com... > Inputters need to put in their time and select what they worked on, witch > can...

Lists
We are two dj`s who have gotten together and we need help with our music collection lists. I have a list of the complete uk music chart consisting of Artist, Title,Chart Position, Year We also have 2 lists of our music collection of records,cd`s,md`s and mp3`s Artist,Title,Cd Title,Format,Quality We would like to add the chart position and year (from the 1st list) to our music collection list, without manually going through it all copying and pasting Is this possible (However my friends list is not 100% spelt accurate and may include duplicate songs on different media etc) Is it still po...

Where is suggested name file stored?
When you start to enter an e-mail address, Outlook suggests addresses you have used before. I recently exported the personal folders file from an Outlook 2003 environment to a .pst file and imported it into Outlok 2007. The suggested names file did not carry-over. Where is the file and how can I get it into the 2007 environment? Thanks!!! John G They are stored in .NK2 files in the users profile dir...locations are listed here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup2007.asp "John Gilkey" <jlgilkey@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:Y_KdnRPjrPuDNoLanZ2dnUVZ_rKtnZ...

Errors List re: Excel XP?
Anyone have a comprehensive of Access 2002 error messages and solutions that they would be willing to share? Also, what about advisories i.e., "to avoid this - do that" type of information? What ever information I receive, I will compile and share with others in the group. Thanks in advance! Dennis dmburgess@ameritech.net ...

No drop down list type-ahead?
I've added a drop down list which pulls its list data from another worksheet, this all works exactly as expected, except there is not type-ahead feature. For example, if the list contains the following entries: ABC DEF GHI JKL I would assume once I typed in 'D' in the list, 'DEF' would be displayed. Is there any way of enabling this? The customer requires this as their list may contain a few hundred entries and they do not want to scroll through the lists to find an entry. Thanks. David Depends on how you create that dropdown list. If you use the combobox from t...

Importing .pdf files into publisher
How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher? You can either pull all of the piece parts out of the pdf file (I use PDF-Tools) and recreate the data as a Pub file or scan the pdf and create an image (gif, bmp etc) and create a Pub file. There are probably other methods. Others will probably advise. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "gm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84c801c3e9bb$4de11a60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher? --- Outgoing mail ...

When I reference a cell in a separate list, I am unable to sort that list and keep the reference. Any suggested solutions?
I have noticed that when I reference a cell (eg, in worksheet 1) from a list (eg, in Worksheet 2) in another spreadsheet, and then sort the list (in Worksheet 2), that I lose me reference (in worksheet 1). Does anyone know how I can alter the reference, or user settings so that I can avoid this problem? Thanks for any suggestions! Hi Mike Instead of pointing to the cell in the second sheet, can you make the entry a Vlookup of some value from the other sheet. Then it will find the correct value, even after sorting. For example, if column A of Sheet1 had Names, and column B was using your e...

Making a White list in 2003
Hi, Please can someone please point me to any info on how to setup a Whitelist in Exchange 2003. We only want to recieve mail from pre approved senders. Secondly is there a way of having a standard auto reply stating our policy to senders that are not in our white list. Many Thanks, Jack... Exchange doesn't do that by default. You'd have to add some other antispam solution between Exchange and the Internet, I believe. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jack Ryland" <JackRyland@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 Calendar Naming/Properties
Hi all, I've been learning how to script in Outlook (thanks in no small part to Sue Mosher's book), but have run in to a bit of a problem. The tasks I'm hoping to automate involve users that have to manage multiple calendars, but I cannot seem to rename the calendars within Outlook to create a distinction for my script. The calendar folders are in different accounts (IMAP) and I have created a script where the user manually selects the appropriate calendar folder, but I'd kind of like to remove the need for the objNS.PickFolder call. Is there a secret trick to renaming the ...

emailing from publisher #2
I can't send an email template as the body of the email. I can only send it as an attachment. Does any one know how to fix the problem? Which version of Publisher and what program and version do you use for email? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "sz" <sz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:277F0508-3279-4FAF-9947-909FB051659B@microsoft.com... >I can't send an email template as the body of the email. I can only send it > as an attachment. Does any one know how to fix the problem? I am also having problems getting an email to se...

Contact List
How come whne I put in a contact in Outlook 2004, and then I add a fax #, it lists the contact twice on my main list? It's because there is no Outlook 2004. The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as phone numbers. There are also a number of utilities available that can do this for you automat...

Master Category List
I there a way I can have everyone Outlook pull the Master Category list from the Exchange server or is this something that must be maintained at each workstation? More info here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:OZdKAmthEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I there a way I can have everyone Outlook pull the Master Category list >from > the E...

More on Alphabetize
My apologies for a badly written question. I have Excel Workbooks for each of 12 months (e.g. Jan. 2004 Daily Figures). They are in a Folder in My Documents named '2003 Daily Figures', in irregular order. I can Drag each but not Drop it where I wish it. Is there a way to Alphabetize the 12 Excel entries within a My Documents Folder? Sure. Rename them to 01-2004, 02-2004, etc. **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ www.Brainbench.com Word Test Developer 2000,2002,2003 ******************************** "Old ...

finding common numbers in large lists
Hello, I have two large lists of numbers (on two seperate worksheets). By large, I mean that one list is 1000+ numbers, and the second list is 3000+ numbers (each number is in its own cell). The numbers are of the form: xxxx.xxx (that is, they are precise up to three places after the decimal) 1) Is there some quick way that I can find the numbers that are common to both lists? 2) Is there a way I can find the numbers in common to both lists using only the whole number portion (diregarding what comes after the decimal of each number)? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...

Corporate Contact Lists
Hi, Can someone give me some pointers or a how-to on setting up shared contact lists and making them visible to groups of users. In particular it would be good if I could assign them to the users at the server end rather than having to instruct the users in how to go an open them. TIA Steve "runningdog" <runningdog@reply.to.newsgroup> wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone give me some pointers or a how-to on setting up shared contact >lists and making them visible to groups of users. > >In particular it would be good if I could assign them to the users at the >...

How do I make a "mailing list" and send to all those on the list
I use Outlook 97. How do I make a "mailing list" and send to all those on the list? Also how do I send an e-mail so I know when it is read? TIA Jack Go to File, New, Distribution List. Name the distribution list and add the names you want on there. To track an e-mail, go to Tools, Options. Click on the Preferences Tab if necessary. Click on the E-mail options button. Click on the Tracking Options button and click next to Request a read receipt so that there is a check mark in that box. Bonnie >-----Original Message----- >I use Outlook 97. >How do I make a "...

An alphabetically sorted list of findings...
I have been building on a converter between two systems. The goal hav been to find which twelve "Skills" is followed by the highest value and then create a list out of the top twelve. It may look somethin like this: Climb Heal Craft: Electronics Listen Performance: Dance Craft: Art Knowledge: Physics Drive Knowledge: History Diplomacy Sleight of Hand Knowledge: Geology Hide Move Silently What would help me a great deal would be if I somehow could build separate list of cells gathered from this list, searching for specific word, such as "Knowledge:&...

Combinning Multiple Lists
I am trying to combine three different lists into one without bein limited to the space between the number of the lists. For example: Fruit Veggie Meat Orange Carrot Beef Pear Eggplant Chicken Apple Broccoli Veal Lemon Cabbage Lime I want the three lists to become one like this: Orange Pear Apple Lemon Lime Carrot Eggplant Broccoli Cabbage Beef Chicken Veal Having quite a hard time on doing this. The real hard part is that th lists have variable lengths. And would perfer to not have a limit o the length of the lists. Than...