How do I adjust the width of bleed mark settings?

I need to adjust the width of the bleed mark setting to a specific dimension.
0
JMW7060 (6)

JMW wrote:
> I need to adjust the width of the bleed mark setting to a specific dimension.

This is not adjustable. You would need to create your own bleed marks on
the publication layout.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
0
ic (207)

How to set default style on shapes?
I want to be able to set a default style for a document, so that when I drag in a shape from the left, it will automatically be that style WITHOUT me having to add them all and then CHANGE the style after the fact. This is really annoying. Hi Jory, You can re-define styles that are already in a document, but you can't automatically assign a style on drop...without code or ShapeSheet trickery. So if you know which styles your shapes have ahead of time (say, for example: Normal, J-Style, Connector), then you could 1. Make sure these styles exist in your template's document 2. Pr...

Yearly tick marks on the x axis
How do you show tick marks each 12 months in a graph when the data is from month 1 to say month 60. If you say want a tick mark each 12 th division you have 1,13,25,37 etc. You can't start from zero so how do you do this I'm using Excel 2002 Thanks Ken G Ken, I tried this using a Line chart (as opposed to an XY, or Scatter, chart) and it worked fine. I defined the x-axis as a range containing the numbers 1 to 60, and the y-axis the adjacent cells in the next column. Double clicking on the x-axis to open the Format Axis dialog, I selected the Scale tab. The first box (Y-axis cros...

How do I set up web-mail so it uses Outlook 2003?
Looking to set-up new account to be viewed when I open Outlook On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 03:29:04 -1000, Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Looking to set-up new account to be viewed when I open Outlook Where is this new account? Is it on an Exchange Server? At GMail? At Hotmail? Other? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook Operations Coordinator Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu Microsoft Outlook FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/outlook.htm ...

How to set cursor when menu is poped up?
Hi, I want to make the cursor set to hour-glass shape when the application is busy and set to default shape when idle. I have overrided the OnSetCursor function of main window class. It works well in most case. But I found a menu is poped up, the cursor can't set to default shape. The OnSetCursor was not called. Even after I added the code such as "PostMessage(AfxGetMainWnd()->m_hWnd, WM_SETCURSOR, 0, MAKELONG(HTCLIENT, WM_LBUTTONDOWN)); ", it still can't work. How to solve the problem? Thanks in advanced. You can use CWaitCursor() to pop up an hourglass, but ...

Setting Security in V8
I have just upgrade to Great Plains version 8 and want to redo all the security settings. I intend to use Advanced Security at class level then rolldown to all users in the class. Do the settings I make at Menu level in the tree automatically set the corresponding Forms and Report settings in the Great Plains Dictionery? Ie if I don't give a class access to Cards>Creditors do I also need to remove access from the Creditor Maintenance form in the Dictionary tree to ensure that users do not access this form but other means eg adding a new window as a shortcut adding the form to a c...

Lost all settings, when I was viewing the .pst's
I was searching for the .pst file. When I opened the Outlook.pst I foun it to be empty. Now whenever I open outlook it comes up with the empt one and all profiles gone aswell. The irony, as I was going to back i up. I use windows ME with outlook 2000 ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against your .PST file to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it. (BTW, you did open the .PST f...

monospaced (fixed-width) fonts
In Excel 2000, I'm using: Font: Courier New Font Style: Regular Size: 6 In cells containing numbers (for example: 1997 or 1,012.67), all of the characters are the same width. But, in cells containing text (for example: 118302020-1 or Johnson), all characters are NOT the same width. What font can I use (with Size: 6) so all characters have the same width? Thanks gary I've tried this on my machine and I get the same result. It could be caused by the display settings and resolution, because it is all lined up on Print Preview...

Matching two sets of data
Hi all, I have two spreadsheets and both spreadsheets contain a number o projects. One contains the name and info about them and the othe contains the costs for them. Each project is identified with a code But in one spreadsheet the code is, for example, 000012.R. And i another is 000012. I need to match up those codes within eac spreadsheet and insert the correct cost against the respective projec in the project info spreadsheet. Can anybody tell me how to go about this or how to get started on it. If you need more info just say! Any help will greatly be appreciated! Thank Yo -- Message...

Price adjustments
I have a client that would like to adjust prices based on a markup scheme from cost. The scheme is as follows: If cost = $0.01 - $5.00, the markup is X%, if $5.01 - 25.00 then markup is y, ect ,ect. I figured I would use a SQL statament with the UPDATE command, but Im not exceptionally proficient in SQL, so could someone provide me with a SQL statement please? Thank you. Phil - before you decide to embark upon and join the dark side..... Have you tried using the inventory wizard? Run task 110 change item prices, select "filter" as your method, in the filter use "pric...

unwanted: Zoom adjust when adjusting Print Scale
Would someone be willing to review the file and advise. when in Print Preview - if I adjust the print scale - then the zoom ( screen view ) adjust and not the printed view. I have several co-workers which have had the same issue happen to them. It has to be a file setting - as other excel files do not do this. When I go to Page Break Layout and try to drag the blue dotted line - nothing happens, it will not move - or - it moves and gives me an error "Margins do not fit page size" and I will get blue dotted lines around all cells and 100's of pages. Have you change the page ...

Comparing two sets of data
I need to compare sets of data in two different spreadsheets in two different columns labeled the same, Grant Number. We are trying to track if both sets have the same grant numbers or if there are duplicates. Did you adjust the ranges from column Z to whatever column held your data? (and did you remove the extra trailing close parenthesis?) Another formula that I use is this: I insert a helper column to the right of the Key data. Then I use a formula like this in Grant1 (assumes data is in column B of both sheets). =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,Grant2!$B$2:$B$9999,0)),"Match",&quo...

Changing item width in a CTreeCtrl
H When we increase the font size of the string in a tree item, the font changes; but the width of the tree item remains unchanged. Hence, part of the string gets truncated. Is there a way to change the item width I have done something similar to this guy. Pretty much a partial owner draw tree control http://www.codeguru.com/treeview/item_color_font.shtml The problems that I have ran into and haven't gone back to fix yet are, 1. The tool tip only activates with in the rect of the original font, and the selection rect is only as big as the text in the orginal font. Ali R. "Sarav...

how to set columns that will stay on screen?
I notice a few Excel files created by others have this feature that the first 2 columns at the left will not move when scroll it horizontally. The scrolling only starts column C. It's great for column or row with labels. How is it set? How to disable it? Thanks, On Apr 8, 5:04=A0pm, liu <spamfree...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I notice a few Excel files created by others have this feature that > the first 2 columns at the left will not move when scroll it > horizontally. The scrolling only starts column C. It's great for > column or row with labels. How is it set? How to di...

Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function?
Wednesday afternoon Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function? I need to adjust some columns for a report. But I cannot find a way to display the current width in units that I can then place in a VBA macro. Would be very good to have the macro read the values entered in a set of columns and change the width accordingly. (This is very easy in Quattro pro.) J Have a look at ShowWidth at: http://www.sulprobil.com/html/get_cell.html HTH, Bernd -- Use non-volatile INDEX(P11:IV65536,1+w,1+y):INDEX(P11:IV65536,w+y,x+z) instead of volatile OFFSET(P11,w,x,y,z)...

Pending Account Adjustments
I made a few account adjustments (credits) at HQ for a customer a couple of weeks ago. I just checked at the store level and the customer balance is not updated and the customer can't put items on his account because the credit limit is reached and the credits are not reflected at the store. I checked the customer account in the HQ database, and when I click on receivables, all credits appear as "(pending)" in the list. I don't understand what this means. Note: I closed the billing cycle up to today, and still no change. Help!!!! Think I figured it out... Need a 3...

Guide marks wont go away when printing
I created a blank document to use to print note cards. When viewing in print preview it shows my text as well as the half boxes (right angle type things)in the four corners. When i print one of the half boxes that i assume are there as page guides keep printing on the card. Does anyone know how i can turn this off? Judy wrote: > I created a blank document to use to print note cards. When viewing > in print preview it shows my text as well as the half boxes (right > angle type things)in the four corners. When i print one of the half > boxes that i assume are there as page guide...

making adjustment for the start bar on the side of the screen
I want my 2 windows to be tiled vertically. Window1 is on the left and needs 25% of the screen Window2 is on the right and needs 75% of the screen I've done this with something like the code below, but this doesn't take into account if the user has the start bar on the side. Is there a way to tell if it is, and how many pixels it's taking up? thanks, southernatheart lngHorizontal = System.HorizontalResolution lngVertical = System.VerticalResolution 'RESIZE THE EXISTING DOCUMENT Application.WindowState = wdWindowStateNormal Application.Move Left:=0.2 * lngHorizon...

Budget Adjusts when I add a bill
I have recurring payments set up for a monthly expenditure that happens on the first of every month. It just so happens that this month, the expense was $41 dollars over normal (the bill is normally $175). When I wrote the check for $216 and added it in, the Budget Summary adjusted my budgeted amount for this category by the difference. Here is the scenario: $300/ea. month set aside for Pet Care. $175 normally for Horse Board This month it was 216.13 Budget adjusted my $300 to $342 so that I have the normal monthly remainder of $125 left over. How do I correct this so that it goes back...

Formula Auto-Adjustment
Hello, I have a formula that references cells on another worksheet (say sheet1). The formula looks like this: =sum(sheet1:A1:A8) When I remove two rows (row 2 and row 3) from sheet1, the formula is adjusted automatically to: =sum(sheet1:A1:A6) However, this is not what I want. How do I keep the original formula sum(sheet1:A1:A8) even if rows are deleted? I tried sum(sheet1:$A$1:$A%8), but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Try =SUM(INDIRECT("'Sheet1'!A1:A8")) Be careful - your formula shows a ":" between the sheet name and the address it s...

Is there a way to set Folders view as the default when Outlook is first installed?
This is kind of a reverse of the question I posted the other day... I know it's really Outlook, but the questions on those forums seem rather basic, and no one bit on my other question... We're getting ready to deploy Outlook2003 to about 10,000 users. Is there a way to set the default veiw to Folder List instead of Mail when Outlook2003 is installed? Folder List is the view in which the user is able to see Public Folders.... Thanks for any ideas, Cappy On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:32:16 -0400, "Cappy" <cappy _ p @ juno.com> wrote: >This is kind of a reverse of th...

column width shortcut
My column width is too short...displaying ####### Isn't there a short-cut to autofit data into a column??? I thought it was simply double-clicking the column but that doesn't seem to work. Let me know. Thanks! You double-click the column SEPARATOR. So to autofit column G, doubleclick the separator between G & H. Alternatively, you can type /oca (including the slash). Bob Umlas Excel MVP "wnfisba" wrote: > My column width is too short...displaying ####### > > Isn't there a short-cut to autofit data into a column??? > > I thought it was simply...

Quantity Adjustment
Hi all, Can anyone advice me how to adjust items quantity in stores thru headquater manager? i tried worksheet style 307-adjust quantity items and it solved the matter by adjusting the items quantity one by one but i want to adjust ALL the items quantity in one time to 0 quantity, is this possible ?? advice me plz.. and thanks in advance :) Abba, Normally you would have the store update HQ as they should be more accurate. Process a 190 and then a 501. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and dow...

Page set up #2
I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper options. Anyone know where I can find it? Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you have installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to "install" something that will. Even a "PDF" file printer will do. Alan Badgery wrote: > I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper > options. Anyone know where I can find it? I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work book between and home and work, w...

Turn off auto adjust of row heights
I have a complex spreadsheet for my catalogue of products. I have set row heights, fonts and sizes of texts for different rows. Every now and then my row heights are automatically changed by EXCEL. I have turned off word wrap I have locked/protected my sheet. How can I stop EXCEL automatically readjusting row heights at its discretion. Thanks ...

How do I set up inport and export in outlook?
-- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Nothing at all. Good to hear that you are recovering from your surgery. What was it again? They removed what? "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AEDE91A-B9C5-48B0-82E5-552F8EC0B8DE@microsoft.com... > Great. How do you post them to everybody? I will have to go soon, but I will figure it out next...