how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes
0
scott7693 (518)

I suppose you could create your text as an image and insert the image into
your publisher file.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Calvin Scott" <Calvin Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes

Calvin Scott <Calvin Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes

You don't.

Text in Publisher has to either go in a text box or a WordArt frame.  This
is the basis of the program, as Publisher is a layout program, not a word
processor.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
9/12/2005 8:24:07 PM
Calvin Scott wrote:
> how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes

Or you could use WordArt, which doesn't use "text boxes" per se. Or you
could use the autoshapes and contruct text out of autoshapes.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
9/12/2005 8:29:32 PM
Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> Or you could use the autoshapes and contruct text out of autoshapes.

LOL! :-)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

adding Text to the beginning of a control source
I want to say ="HELP"&Format([Session Start Date 2],"yyyy\:mm") & [ID] I want the word HELP then the start date 2 and finally the ID ie: HELP2010:12430 How do I put the text at the beginning? Where are you putting this? In the Control Source of control on a form/report? Then it should work as posted provided that [Session Start Date 2] and [ID] are in the object's record source. In a query? Then you just need a field alias and drop the = sign; MyHelpText: "HELP" & Format([Session Start Date 2],"yyyy\:mm") & [ID] ...

Using CRM Application Pool for Custom ASP.NET application
Hi All I am having 2 server based CRM configuration set that is CRM database is on other server, My intallation on multi server went well and CRM is working fine. I have asp.net application which also uses the same database server as CRM and it is deployed on CRM web server. I have added this ASP.NET application to the Application Pool that CRM is using so that I don't have problem in Connecting to Database server however though CRM is able to connect to the database my ASP.NET application is not getting trusted connection on sql server. What am i doing wrong here? Do I have to ...

Some first problems using word 2007
Hello. I have some problem using word 2007 first time. Old documents don't appear as they used to. When there is a header-style, I see that it is incorrect, and there is an annoying number (1bu, 2bu , ... 20bu) at each header. Second thing : I change a line and other lines are change too. I don't know where can I change a header-style, so I assume this may be the problem. Thanks :) Are you saying that all of your existing documents have a problem with numbering? I'm assuming you are referring to *headings* and heading numbers rather than headers (the area abov...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

Open .msi files as a Limited User by using RUNAS
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Open .msi files as a Limited User by using RUNAS ; [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\command] @=hex(2):22,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f, 00,6f,00,74,\ 00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c, 00,6d,00,\ 73,00,69,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,63,00,2e, 00,65,00,78,00,65,00,22,00,20,00,2f,\ 00,69,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,00,22,00,20,00,25,00,2a,00,00,00 That's all very well, but it's not magic! You will still need the correct password of a valid user profile on that machine, tha...

Excel Add Ins

How do I send text or pictures in Outlook Express 6?
I am unable to be at any site, document, picture and send [via Outlook Express 6] anything to anyone as errors such as 'person unknown', 'error message of every nature immaginable', or 'you must be online with Outlook Express' [when in fact I am online and the default email program [Outlook Express 6] is activated and working with simple emails [and the typical trash spam you receive]; however, when I wish to send NASA documents or anything substantive within the state or federal goverment sites for higher education [i.e. Ohio University], this never works [Outlo...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

How do I increase the text size of an Excel cell?
Hi guys, Situation: I had a memo size field in MS Access. When I copied and pasted it into an MS Excel cell the text gets truncated? I can't believe that Microsoft has had about 5-6 versions of Excel and hasn't fixed this simple problem. Mike Web Developer and Catholic Apologist http://www.faithfulchristians.net I think this is by design. Not everyone would want the whole column resized because of a single truncated cell. "Mike_Humphrey" <Mike_Humphrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79662172-C13B-4708-AAF4-B02511AD79AA@microsoft.com... > H...

Publisher emails
I created a newsletter that I send out to about 30 people. I send the publication as the message (not as an attachment). The recipients are telling me that they get 2 copies of the email even though I only send it to them one time. I bc the recipients if it makes any difference. I use Outlook Express 6.00.29 and have been using it forever so it's not my email program. Any ideas how I can stop Publisher from automatically sending 2 messages? KristyRNinAZ wrote: > I created a newsletter that I send out to about 30 > people. I send the publication as the message (not as a...

adding pdf files to a publisher document
I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without opening up the pdf file? I can add an object, but pdf is not on the list of objects. No, not unless you have Acrobat (not just the free reader). And even then there seem to be posters who can't but I can with no problem. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "campgus" <campgus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4068A49-7B75-4446-8CA3-37F62ADBEEAD@microsoft.com... > I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without > opening up the pdf f...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Ex2000 Used as Relay?
The administrator's mailbox is full of Undeliverable messages. After a closer look, all the messages were sent to random recipients. Not only that, the original e-mail were not sent by anyone from our domain but it message stated that the message came from our server What is going on here? Here are two examples of return message -----Original Message---- From: MAILER-DAEMON@bounced-mail.com [mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@bounced-mail.com] Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 5:55 P To: Administrato Subject: Undeliverable: Returned mail: see transcript for detail Your messag Sent: Date: Sat, 7 F...

UDP using CAsyncSocket
I have always used CAsyncSocket to make TCP connections. But for my current project I need to receive from a UDP stream. I thought I would just use CAsyncSocket and specify SOCK_DGRAM in the Create function. I asked my client for the address and port I should be using. He told me the port number and said "its UDP, I don't need an address". I said "Oh" and I left. I never connected to UDP before so I don't know. Now I am in my office and I am looking stuff up and I am confused... For UDP, do I need an address to receive data as a client? ...

Use Parameter Data to populate a form field
I am trying to figure out how to take the data I enter from a parameter query to populate a field on a form. Include the parameter(s) as a computed column(s) in the query, e.g. PARAMETERS [Enter start date:] DATETIME, [Enter end date:] DATETIME; SELECT SomeField, SomeOtherField, [Enter start date:] AS StartDate, [Enter end date:] AS EndDate FROM SomeTable WHERE DateField BETWEEN [Enter start date:] AND [Enter end date:]; In the above example you can then bind text box controls on the form to the StartDate and EndDate fields. Ken Sheridan Stafford, England JudyKemp w...

Why does Publisher insert a leading space when pasting text?
When I paste text from MS Word into MS Publisher a space is inserted at the beginning of each paragraph. How can I prevent this? Paste special as unformatted text. Or with your cursor in the text box, select all, format, paragraph, set before paragraph 0pt. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Saints RFC fan" <SaintsRFCfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E41BD3C-057D-4275-9832-8EE6AAA80243@microsoft.com... > When I past...

add a DC in a LegSite

Editing a PDF in publisher
Is there a way to import a formatted PDF into publisher so that it can be edited. The PDF was originally created from Publisher. Thanks Charlie Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a way to import a formatted PDF into publisher so that it > can be edited. The PDF was originally created from Publisher. Nope. The best you can do is convert it to an imageg which can be placed (not edited) in Publiser. Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader) can edit PDF files. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher You can highlight the text ...

Use the X button on a userform
I know how to disable the X button on a userform but I was wondering if there was a possibility that when it is used that it opens the userform splash? Thanks in advance Greg Hi Greg Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer) If CloseMode <> 1 Then Splash.Show End If End Sub HTH Cordially Pascal "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> a �crit dans le message de news: d69ece$9v3$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... >I know how to disable the X button on a userform but I was wondering if > there was a possibility that when it is used that it opens the us...