How copy multiple pages in publisher doc to new doc

want to copy some selected pages from a multi-page Publisher document into a
new publisher document. I can of course copy and paste them one by one, but
is there a simpler way? Office Help talks of selecting pages in thumbnail
pane, but I can't find out how to activate and access a thumbnail pane of a
publisher doc.
0
RichMac (3)

Edit, open Office Clipboard, copy the pages. Depending on your setup, you should
be able to collect 24 items. The text will not come over if the text boxes are
linked.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"RichMac" <RichMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> want to copy some selected pages from a multi-page Publisher document into a
> new publisher document. I can of course copy and paste them one by one, but
> is there a simpler way? Office Help talks of selecting pages in thumbnail
> pane, but I can't find out how to activate and access a thumbnail pane of a
> publisher doc.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/25/2006 8:33:25 PM
Make the judgment if you are making a copy of more or less than 50% of the
file.  It may facilitate the copy if you make a copy of the entire file and
delete the parts you don't want.

--
Don
"May your shadow be found in happy places." (Native North American)

"RichMac" <RichMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> want to copy some selected pages from a multi-page Publisher document into
> new publisher document. I can of course copy and paste them one by one,
> but
> is there a simpler way? Office Help talks of selecting pages in thumbnail
> pane, but I can't find out how to activate and access a thumbnail pane of
> publisher doc.

0
Don

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

how can you re-number multiple sheets 'automatically'?
I have a large worksheet with a large number (100+) of sheets that I would like to rename/renumber and don't want to do it one-by-one. I.e. change from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc to just 1,2,3,.... If your sheets are named Sheet1, Sheet2 etc without the spaces shown in your post then you can use a macro like this to change the names: Sub ChangeNames() Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To Sheets.Count If Left(Sheets(i).Name, 5) = "Sheet" Then Sheets(i).Name = Mid(Sheets(i).Name, 6 _ , Len(Sheets(i).Name) - 5) End If Nex...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

How do I create Page 1 of X style page numbers?
I wish to create page numbers that automatically update themselves in this format: Page 1 of X (i.e. a 10 page document would say Page 1 of 10, Page 2 of 10, etc). Can this be done in Publisher automatically? Go to the master page, type *page* before the # and *of 10* after the #. (Without the asterisk) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paresh" <Paresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BEFAA8-6EFD-48DC-ABAC-F117296BF0B1@microsoft.com... >I wish to create page numbers that automa...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Access between property pages
I have a property sheet with a bunch of property pages on. On some of them I have a TreeList control derived from CListCtrl. What I want to accomplish is this: When a user right-mouse-button-click's on a row in one of the TreeList's, he should have an option to create a new row in a TreeList located on another property page. Some information from the current row should also be passed to the newly created one. How should this be done? All my attempts so far has only resulted in "Fatal Error", "Illegal use..." and so on. Urban Olars wrote: > I have a pro...

MS Publisher version for Ubuntu?
Is there a version of MS Publisher that runs on Ubuntu? <edspyhill01@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9506e048-9255-4b8d-b016-b1ff5098d0de@k36g2000pri.googlegroups.com... > Is there a version of MS Publisher that runs on Ubuntu? No On Jan 17, 5:19=A0pm, "LVTravel" <n...@nothere.com> wrote: > <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message > > news:9506e048-9255-4b8d-b016-b1ff5098d0de@k36g2000pri.googlegroups.com... > > > Is there a version of MS Publisher that runs on Ubuntu? > > No Thank you. Is there an similar application that I can ...

create pivot table from multiple sheet (excell 2003)
as understood, excell 2003 have row limit...but, currently i have data that more than the row limit... so, i split my data to 2 separate worksheet...the column name for each worksheet same.. my question, how can i create one pivot table from the two worksheet...i've tried using the wizard n consolidated data but failed.... thank you vm.. Maybe you could try creating the pivot directly from the Access source table (which doesn't have the 65k row limitations) In Excel, in a new sheet, Click Data > Import External data > Import data Navigate to where the Access file is >...

Publisher 2007 crashes when I use spell check
With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and then I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down." Spell check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the spell-checker and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair" function... all to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else who has ever reported this problem. Any suggestions a layman might understand? TIA How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://suppor...

Multiple modal dialog or ::MessageBox, crashes the application
Hi, We have an application, in which we need to show multiple modal dialog boxes at the same time. But, when we close these modal dialog boxes, the application crashes. The messagebox is invoked as shown.. ::MessageBox(hWndParent, m_strMsg, g_strTitle, MB_TASKMODAL | MB_SETFOREGROUND ); Here is the call stack.. 524.84c): C++ EH exception - code e06d7363 (first chance) (524.494): Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance) First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling. This exception may be expected and handled. eax=001804ee ebx=00fb4cd0 ecx=0012d5f8 edx=7ffeff0...

Saving Outlook Calendar as Web Page
When I'm trying to save a personal calendar as a web page, there is a date/day mismatch after Jan 1, 2005. In other words, the correct Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Saturday, but when I save it as a webpage, Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Friday, and all the appointments are off by one day also. Anyone else seen this and what can I do?? Jim This is a well documented problem. I posted the same question on 9/17 at... http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/NewsGroups/default.mspx?query=2005&dg=microsoft.public.outlook&cat=exchange&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=C9163434-DE68...

Create New Report
Hi there, To set the scene, i'm using web client of 4.0, and i'm not a programmer. Currently, out-of-the-box functionality allows you to run a report called "Quote" which presents the data in a good format, almost good enough to hand to a customer. What I need is this report, but with our logo's embedded, and a few fields added/moved/removed, but i can't figure out how to edit layout options or content options, and I can't even seem to create a similar report from scratch (as they all appear to relate to exisitng XML reports out of the box). I'll be...

Multiple signatures problem in outlook 2003
Hi We have two accounts in outlook, one the exchange and the other a pop account so we can sent email under two separate domains (units of business). We need to have separate signatures for each account. We assumed outlook 2003 provided that on its own and upgraded outlook only to outlook 2003 while leaving office versions to below 2003. Now it turns out we also need word 2003 for this feature to work as standard. My question is; is there any way to create an email with a signature other than the default even if it is through vba code? Thanks Regards Not that I know of. --� Milly Sta...

subtotal copy and paste

Use of multiple Currency
Is it possible to change cost for few of the resources. I mean some material in INR and rest of the material and work in $. I'm using MS Project 2007 version. Regards Satya On Jan 8, 8:32=A0am, Satya <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to change cost for few of the resources. I mean some mater= ial > in INR and rest of the material and work in $. > I'm using MS Project 2007 version. > Regards > Satya Sathya - In Project, you cannot use only one currency per project (see Microsoft Help "Change the currency settings for you...

Select multiple records based on search
I have adapted Allen Browne's Search form (thank you!) to setup a search criteria. I have figured out how to double click on a particular record on this list which will take me to the Main Update form and the selected record. What I'd like to do is open the Main Update form with all the records in the search list. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

locked publisher 2002 file #2
I've a 12 user network running Publisher 2002 on Xp Pro PC's and a 2003 Server. When one user opens a document none of the others can open the same shared file on the network. It says that the file is locked because another program is using it. Can't find any reference to this message in the Knowledge Base or anywhere else. Don't have this problem with sharing Word or Excel files as these give the user the option to open the file read only, which is fine. Are there any reasons or restrictions in Publisher that may be causing this problem? As a work-around I can save th...