How can I print unique Index cards/postcards four on a page

Any suggestions as to how the Index cards/ postcards can be printed twice on
a page. I am printing from a mail-merge and I am getting each index card
printing on separate pages but not on the same page. Any suggestions will be
helpful.

Thanks,

Vinit Kohli
Sibcy Cline Inc.

0
vkohli (2)

When you setup to merge postcards you should only have one card on your screen. In
page setup,
select postcards. Good help here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Vinit Kohli" <vkohli@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Any suggestions as to how the Index cards/ postcards can be printed twice on a
> page. I am printing from a mail-merge and I am getting each index card printing on
> separate pages but not on the same page. Any suggestions will be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vinit Kohli
> Sibcy Cline Inc.

0
gsauer (5094)
12/7/2004 11:10:41 PM
Mary,

Thank you for your reply.  I have been able to print duplicate index cards
by selecting a booklet. However, I am unable to print 4 unique index cards
on the same page from the mail merge. Thanks for the link. I did check the
web site. However, it is great for starting and printing basic printing.
However, it does not allow me to print more than a single index card on a
page.

Thanks,

Vinit

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> When you setup to merge postcards you should only have one card on your
> screen. In page setup,
> select postcards. Good help here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Vinit Kohli" <vkohli@fuse.net> wrote in message
>> Any suggestions as to how the Index cards/ postcards can be printed twice
>> on a page. I am printing from a mail-merge and I am getting each index
>> card printing on separate pages but not on the same page. Any suggestions
>> will be helpful.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Vinit Kohli
>> Sibcy Cline Inc.

0
vkohli (2)
12/7/2004 11:58:51 PM
Setup your page landscape, in the arrange menu, set the page to have 2 rows and 2
columns.

When some folks setup postcards, they do not take in account their printer's margin
limitations. In a landscape publication the largest margin usually is on the right.
For all the postcards to be consistent, each card should have the same margin. If the
largest margin is .5, then each card should have a .5 margin.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Mary,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I have been able to print duplicate index cards by
> selecting a booklet. However, I am unable to print 4 unique index cards on the same
> page from the mail merge. Thanks for the link. I did check the web site. However,
> it is great for starting and printing basic printing. However, it does not allow me
> to print more than a single index card on a page.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vinit
>

> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> When you setup to merge postcards you should only have one card on your screen. In
>> page setup,
>> select postcards. Good help here:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Vinit Kohli" <vkohli@fuse.net> wrote in message
>>> Any suggestions as to how the Index cards/ postcards can be printed twice on a
>>> page. I am printing from a mail-merge and I am getting each index card printing
>>> on separate pages but not on the same page. Any suggestions will be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Vinit Kohli
>>> Sibcy Cline Inc.

0
gsauer (5094)
12/8/2004 10:42:56 AM
I posted the solution to your question in another thread you started on this
same topic. That is the correct method for using mail merge when printing
multiple (each unique) entries per page. It appears to me that you are
trying to use the printers hardware for multi-up printing instead of
allowing Publisher to do its job. This is the same advice Mary provided.
--
Ron Cohen

"Vinit Kohli" <vkohli@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Mary,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I have been able to print duplicate index cards
> by selecting a booklet. However, I am unable to print 4 unique index cards
> on the same page from the mail merge. Thanks for the link. I did check the
> web site. However, it is great for starting and printing basic printing.
> However, it does not allow me to print more than a single index card on a
> page.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vinit
>

> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> When you setup to merge postcards you should only have one card on your
>> screen. In page setup,
>> select postcards. Good help here:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Vinit Kohli" <vkohli@fuse.net> wrote in message
>>> Any suggestions as to how the Index cards/ postcards can be printed
>>> twice on a page. I am printing from a mail-merge and I am getting each
>>> index card printing on separate pages but not on the same page. Any
>>> suggestions will be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Vinit Kohli
>>> Sibcy Cline Inc.

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Ron

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

How do I manage vbscript between compose and read page
Hi, I have designed a custom Outlook 2007 email form with a separate compose and read page. It's using vbscript to automatically compose the subject line on sending, based on selections the user makes from several comboboxes. The read form does not have these comboboxes. When opening the mail on a machine with the vbscript debugger installed, the debugger kicks in and reports an error because the vbscript refers to objects that don't exist on the read page, only on the compose page. You can ignore the error and the mail will still open fine (users with no debugger insta...

Removing Page or Section Break
I am editing a document and when I turn on characters, I have run across these "Chinese Star" characters that seem to act like page breaks. According to other articles listed in newsgroups, there are no page breaks. How do I get rid of this character? ...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Page numbers 12-02-09
On MS Word 2003, I am formatting a 5.5 x 8.5 book. How can I get the page numbers to come in at 7.75? I tried bringing the bottom 'margin' up to 8.5, but the numbers still come in at 10.5 on the 11" vertical page. Actually I've tried a lot of things! Footers also seem to want to hit the bottom 1/2 or inch of the 11 available. How to number so that they show within the 8.5 space on a 'sheet'?. Susanne, sideways isn't an option, because I may go for a 6 x 9 format. TIA! Sylvia M. You must change your footer margin as well as the bottom margi...

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Index/Match vs VLookup?
Excel2003 ... My understanding is ... an array "Index/Match" Formula calculates faster than a "VLookup" Formula ... If so, then I would like to use "Index/Match". Also, I often do use "Index/Match" as the Index can be either R or L of target cell. Issue ... with 2 Cols of 40,000 records ... Index/Match Formula fails to copy all the way down the 2nd Col ... It seems to fail @ about 20,000 records down the 2nd Col (one clarifier ... I am on the same WorkSheet ... adjacent Cols) Above said ... Am I up against an "Index/Match"...

Can (or how can) I do this

Drawings move during printing
I have created a drawing from several objects (arcs, ovals, triangles, etc.). When I try to print, some objects move (especially annoying is BlocArc). How should I solve this problem? The way I do it now is to copy it as an Enhanced metafile picture into Word and print from there, but the quality is not the best (printing lots of objects on a A0 paper). It refers to objects from the control toolbox, but the information in the following post by Dave Peterson may help: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=4252EFEF.C8CBA674%40netscapeXSPAM.com 00xPhoenix wrote: > I have crea...

Can not archive

My printout show page default instructions as well!
Hi - I am VERY new to publisher and when I print out my new creation the page instructions are being printed as well. So my page comes out with my flyer printed on top of the default instructions which I don't want printed as well. Hope this makes sense. Can anyone help me please. I am sure it is something simple, but I have no idea. Thankyou Huh? If you would, send the file to me and let me see if I can figure it out. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "HelpMePlease" <HelpMePlease@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

error loading columns for printing
i have been using frx 6.5 with sp7 in windows server 2003 for many months now. then i accidentally installed the FRx2003orXPSP2Update.zip. i now cannot open frx so i reinstall it. i successfully opened it without errors but when i generate a report in any output type, the error "error loading columns for printing" and "error setting device context. please reopen drilldown viewer and try again." appears. i need help. thanks, mel ...