How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

I have cut down an 11x17 paper to 8 1/2" x 17".  I cannot figure out how to
change the paper size to accept and print anything bigger than 14."  any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated
0
mickilena (1)

First make the size settings in the Printer Setup. You may need to use the
Custom selection.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"mickilena" <mickilena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have cut down an 11x17 paper to 8 1/2" x 17".  I cannot figure out how to
> change the paper size to accept and print anything bigger than 14."  any
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Did you set your printer up for custom size as well as Publisher?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mickilena" <mickilena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have cut down an 11x17 paper to 8 1/2" x 17".  I cannot figure out how to
> change the paper size to accept and print anything bigger than 14."  any
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

Printeroutput to 11x17 paper, is it possible with Excel?
I'm buying a HP 4 today that has a 11x17 page size, among other sizes of course, can I print with excel 2002 to a size like that? AFAIK Printing is determined by the printer's driver and abilities "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:n6adnf8KFsQWMZvdRVn-iQ@omsoft.com... : I'm buying a HP 4 today that has a 11x17 page size, among other sizes of : course, can I print with excel 2002 to a size like that? : : Well, I guess I have to wait until I hook it up then. I was hoping someone had a printer like this, and tried it. ........Peter "Lady...

11x17 Printing
I am having problems with printing a 11x17 document to a Konica Minolta C-350 purchased in May of 2005. I am on a time cruch and would appreciate any help. Are you the same person who posted the same question earlier this week? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mulkey" <Mulkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F57FAAC5-C73A-4C07-B1D1-7E32E3481B3E@microsoft.com... >I am having problems with printing a 11x17 document to a Konica Minolta >C-350 > purchased in May of 2005. I am on a time cruch and would appreciate any > help. I may...

11x17 printing problems
Using an Epson 1280: I reinstalled latest driver, reinstalled Pub2003, set preferences in driver to 11x17, but when printing starts, Pub changes the size to 8.5x11. EVERYTHING is set to 11x17, but I can see when printing starts the status monitor says 8.5x11, and the document is shrunk down to 8.5x11. I know this is not an Epson problem because I can convert the PUB file to PDF and it prints just fine at 11x17. I can see others have had this same problem: thread "how to print 11 x 17" Nov. 10, 2003 --which never seemed to be resolved. I've spent two days on this and need ...

How do I go from an 11x17 page to two 8.5x11 pages?
I need to save an 11x17 publisher document as a twp page 8.5x11 pdf document without having to lay it out again. Any suggestions? Open another instance of Publisher, copy and paste. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ChamberSolutions" <ChamberSolutions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E0925D3-A680-4D6F-BCB3-BAE9393A4BDF@microsoft.com... >I need to save an 11x17 publisher document as a twp page 8.5x11 pdf document > without having to lay it out again. Any suggestions? Ack --- ...

How do I use 11x17 paper to make a booklet in Publisher?
I want to end up with a four page booklet with the pages being made up of 8.5x11 pages. To print two 8.5x11 pages side by side, the copy paper needs to be 11x17. When I make these adjustments (to 11x17) in Publisher, the print results turn out incorrect. Some people have told me that I should make .pdfs of each page, print them out, arrange them on the copier, and then print them off. It shouldn't be this complicated. I believe that my problem lies in the many different places to adjust page sizes. There is the "page set-up" page, "print" page and a copier...

11x17 printed brochure looks different than what is on screen
New to Publisher. Am using a template from a vendor for a brochure that is 11x17. the paper is folded in half so it is a 4 page brochure. I get the layout to look exactly as we want in Publisher but when I take to printer to get printed out, it looks completely different... The text box that is wrapped around a picture and fills an entire page, prints to only fill half the page. The entire text is there but it looks like it changed the spacing and squeezed it into a much smaller space. When I try to increase the size of the text box, the text beneath it goes into the overf...

Printing in 11x17
Hi, I would like to know if someone can print in 11x17 in with publisher 2003. I want to print on a Xerox Workcentre 7346 and when i launch the print job, i've got an error on the xerox who tells me that the parameters are wrong... Where in publisher 2003 can i adjust the parameters because i don't have the File/Page layout menu... Thanks Can you print anything to that printer in Publisher? What do you mean by "i don't have the File/Page layout menu"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" <l...

How do I insert an 11x17 page when other pages are 8.5x11?
In a 4-page, double-sided print newsletter laid out in 8.5" x 11" portrait, how do I make pages 2 & 3 into one 11" x 17" landscape page? I created a single 11" x 17" page in another Pub file - can I insert it like one inserts slides from one Powerpoint presentation into another? No, one size to a document. I'm trying to figured out how you are going to lay it out. Nothing makes sense. You say it's double-sided, but what's on the back of Page 1? Are you trying to make Page 2 11x17 on one side and Page 3 11X17 printed on the other? -- JoAn...

Is there a quick way to downsize a page from 11x17 to 8.5x11?
I have a document which is an 11x17 poster that I need to put into a smaller 8.5x11 version. Is there a way to "select all" and resize a certain percentage down? Or some other very quick way to resize everything to fit onto a smaller page size? The biggest problem is that the proportions are not the same. You can try a select all and then scale it down but it will not fill the paper. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Chocomommy" <Chocomommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

11x17 Print
The Printer being used DOES have a Driver that supports 11x17. In the Report "File - Page Setup", 11x17 IS available, but the Setting doesn't always work on some Reports. I've tried Setting the 11x17 in Report Preview, and in Report Design...neither works. Any TIPs? TIA - Bob It could be that your report is larger than 11 x17, that the margins are too large, that you are trying to put more information on the page than will fit. Also make sure that you set to landscape so that more document will fit the paper. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas ...

re-sizing from 11x17 to 8.5x11
I have a flyer made in Publisher that is formatted for 11x17. I would also like to print it in 8.5 x 11. How can I do this without having to re-size every box separately? Thank you. The proportions for those two sheets aren't the same but it can be done. The easiest way is to convert it to a .pdf and print that to an 8½" x 11" sheet. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F6118CD-3040-46F1-A1EE-077B4D0BB492@micro...

11x17 printing #2
I am trying to print 4 up postcards on 11x17 paper - I have set it up correctly, preview shows 4up, but it prints with smaller size cards like it is being shrunk- does nayone rint 4 up postcards with Publisher on 11x17 paper? Setup your printer first to tabloid, Publisher will follow. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "daretobe" <daretobe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:912A3EA4-8948-4306-B665-B122004A9EA3@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print 4 up postcards on 11x17 paper - I have...

How do I insert only one 11x17 page in a book of 8.5x11 pages?
I have to insert one 11 x 17 page in the middle of a book because it's a fold out map. However, the rest of the booklet is created on regular 8.5 x 11 pages. Is it possible to do this? How do I do it? Thanks! It must be a separate document. You cannot have multiple sizes or orientations in a single Publisher document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "DannyFolio" <DannyFolio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:962F34F1-F6FE-4FFA-B1B0-459D643DE3B0@microsoft.com... >I have...

How can I print a spreadsheet on 11x17 paper in Excel2000.
There are only 4 or 5 choices of paper size in the printer setup section. Most of these I do not not what they are . I have an old DOS sheet that is printed in compressed print on an 11x 17 dot matrix. The printer is defined as an Oki 393 which is a wide-carriage printer. I can convert the worksheet to Excel with no problem but I cannot get it to print. Would like to maintain the continuity. Thanks for any help. ...

How do I print spreadsheets on 14x17 paper from my HP 4V
I have this beautiful old reliable HP Printer that has a large cartridge of 14x17 size paper loaded in the bottom tray. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use it. Is there a kind person that would tell me how to actually accomplish printing excel spreadsheet on that size. Many thanks in advance................Peter Check out File > Print > select the Properties button on the pop-up, and then you should be able to find your way to a Paper-size selection somewhere there........each setup is different depending on the Printer Software............ Vaya con Dios, Chuck,...

Re: printing 8.5 x 11 booklets on 11x17 paper
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Windy <wwicklund@rcpcfairbanks.org>... > the back white page > or "paper" visible on the screen behind my text and > graphic changes and prints that way. What do you mean by this? I don't understand your meaning. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Pub2003 resizes 11x17 to 8.6x11
Using an Epson 1280: I reinstalled the latest driver, reinstalled Pub2003, set preferences in driver to 11x17, but when printing starts, Pub changes the size to 8.5x11. EVERYTHING is set to 11x17, but I see when printing starts the status monitor says 8.5x11, and the document is shrunk down to 8.5x11 when it prints on the paper. I know this is not an Epson problem because I can convert the PUB file to PDF and it prints just fine at 11x17. I see others have had this same problem: e.g. the thread "how to print 11 x 17" dated Nov. 10, 2003 --which never seemed to be resolved. I...

How can I print an 11x17 page as two 8.5x11 sheets?
Preparing newsletter for commercial printing on 11x17 paper; however, must print on 8.5x11 paper to proofread. How do I print an 11x17 page as two 8.5x11 sheets? Change the page setup as single pages rather than a booklet. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "e" <e@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CB5A3EF-CD19-4A4A-80BE-D53B84E1911A@microsoft.com... > Preparing newsletter for commercial printing on 11x17 paper; however, must > print on 8.5x11 paper to proofread. How do I print an 11x17 page as two > 8.5x11 sheets? ...

How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17)
How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17) Hello- Excel doesn't provide for custom paper sizes, but most any size appropriate for Excel output is already provided _if_ the installed print driver supports it. Go to File>Page SetUp--Page and open the list of sizes. If your installed driver supports 11x17 it will be in the list (although it may be listed as 'Ledger' rather than by dimensions). HTH |:>) "Marcin Rembisz" wrote: > How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17) ...

Printing 11X17 Newsletter
I have just finished creating a 4 page newsletter with Microsoft Publishing 98. I have purchased a printer that will print 11X17 paper, HP DeskJet 1220C. My difficulty now is I can't seem to only print one side of the newsletter and then manually turn over copies to print the other side. Is this possible? I want newsletter to be front and back. There must be a way! Thank you to anyone who can help me :-) Thank you for the info. However, I do not know how to open up the attachment. Thank you! >-----Original Message----- >Carla set this up manually instead of using ...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

can't print to 11x17; publisher resizes to 8.5x11
Please see the thread http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.publisher/browse_thread/thread/62ab7642d26291e6/6a7e4ba0f3ae6f3b?lnk=st&q=how+to+print+11+x+17&rnum=1&hl=en#6a7e4ba0f3ae6f3b To summarize, using Pub2003, windxp sp2, epson 1280, with ALL settings set to print at 11x17 (inc. the driver default setting), when the status monitor appears and the document begins printing, the status monitor says 8.5x11, and the document size is reduced to 8.5x11. I have the exact same problem, which AFAIK has never been resolved. I am sure it is NOT a printer driver issue, bec...

Created a booklet 11x17
created a booklet on 11x17 paper, generating 2-8.5x11 sheets; is there a way to "shrink to fit" the text/photos to fit on 1-8.5x11, givign 2-5.5x8.5 sheets without having to reformat all of it? origer wrote: > created a booklet on 11x17 paper, generating 2-8.5x11 sheets; > > is there a way to "shrink to fit" the text/photos to fit on 1-8.5x11, givign > 2-5.5x8.5 sheets without having to reformat all of it? The easiest way is to create a PDF at 11×17 (using PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com for older versions of Publisher, or built-in in Publisher 200...

Printing a newsletter on 11x17 not in full size
I am trying to print my 4 page newlsetter that is 8.5x11 on 11x17 so that it is a folded newsletter. It prints on the 11x17 but it keeps printing small with crop lines. It is in the right order but not full size. PLEASE HELP What version Publisher? Are you using Publisher 2007? Are you setting up your printer first for 11 x 17? File, page setup, booklet, select custom size 8.5 x 11, click advanced on the right, select booklet in the pull down type 8.5 width 11 height -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tam Nee...

Printing a worksheet on 11x17 paper
I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try to change to that paper size in print options, there is no size like that available. What do I do??? thank you for your help in this matter. Katie It's the printer that decides that.. Do you have that option on the printer it should be available in Excel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9fca01c4345c$bcdca970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try > to change to that paper size in print options, there is ...