How can I include 2 maps (in "My Documents") in a newsletter?

I have two 8 1/2 X 11 maps in My Documents, which I want to incorporate into
a 6- or 8-page newsletter. I send the finished newsletter copy to the printer
by e-mail.

How can I bring the maps from My Documents into the final newsletter copy,
as two pages,  for transmission to the printer?
0
Jensen (15)

What format are your maps in?
What version of Publisher are you using?
What version of Windows are you using?
What format does your printer want the final output to be in?
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Grady Jensen" <Grady Jensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two 8 1/2 X 11 maps in My Documents, which I want to incorporate
>into
> a 6- or 8-page newsletter. I send the finished newsletter copy to the
> printer
> by e-mail.
>
> How can I bring the maps from My Documents into the final newsletter copy,
> as two pages,  for transmission to the printer?

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
7/6/2005 1:27:41 PM
Maps are in pdf format.
Publisher 2003
Windows XP
Final format should be a page of a Publisher 2003 newslatter

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> What format are your maps in?
> What version of Publisher are you using?
> What version of Windows are you using?
> What format does your printer want the final output to be in?
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "Grady Jensen" <Grady Jensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two 8 1/2 X 11 maps in My Documents, which I want to incorporate
> >into
> > a 6- or 8-page newsletter. I send the finished newsletter copy to the
> > printer
> > by e-mail.
> >
> > How can I bring the maps from My Documents into the final newsletter copy,
> > as two pages,  for transmission to the printer?

The REAL answer is no. Publisher doesn't accept the importing of PDF files.
However, if you have say, Adobe Acrobat, you could output the PDF as an EPS
image and insert that graphic into Publisher.

Or else, snap a screenshot of the map and crop/edit and then paste as an
image into Publisher.

--

> Maps are in pdf format.
> Publisher 2003
> Windows XP
> Final format should be a page of a Publisher 2003 newslatter
>
> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What format are your maps in?
>> What version of Publisher are you using?
>> What version of Windows are you using?
>> What format does your printer want the final output to be in?
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.
>> "Grady Jensen" <Grady Jensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have two 8 1/2 X 11 maps in My Documents, which I want to incorporate
>> >into
>> > a 6- or 8-page newsletter. I send the finished newsletter copy to the
>> > printer
>> > by e-mail.
>> >
>> > How can I bring the maps from My Documents into the final newsletter
>> > copy,
>> > as two pages,  for transmission to the printer?

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
7/6/2005 3:47:33 PM
Brian,

Please be a bit more specific (and in layman's terms) what you mean by
"output the PDF as an EPS image and insert that graphic into Publisher." What
is an EPS image?

Grady

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> The REAL answer is no. Publisher doesn't accept the importing of PDF files.
> However, if you have say, Adobe Acrobat, you could output the PDF as an EPS
> image and insert that graphic into Publisher.
>
> Or else, snap a screenshot of the map and crop/edit and then paste as an
> image into Publisher.
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "Grady Jensen" <GradyJensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Maps are in pdf format.
> > Publisher 2003
> > Windows XP
> > Final format should be a page of a Publisher 2003 newslatter
> >
> > "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> What format are your maps in?
> >> What version of Publisher are you using?
> >> What version of Windows are you using?
> >> What format does your printer want the final output to be in?
> >> --
> >> Brian Kvalheim
> >> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> >> http://www.publishermvps.com
> >>
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> >> confers no rights.
> >> "Grady Jensen" <Grady Jensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Do you have Acrobat?
Open the PDF document, save as... Encapsulated Post Script (eps)...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Brian,
>
> Please be a bit more specific (and in layman's terms) what you mean by
> "output the PDF as an EPS image and insert that graphic into Publisher." What
> is an EPS image?
>
> Grady
>
> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The REAL answer is no. Publisher doesn't accept the importing of PDF files.
>> However, if you have say, Adobe Acrobat, you could output the PDF as an EPS
>> image and insert that graphic into Publisher.
>>
>> Or else, snap a screenshot of the map and crop/edit and then paste as an
>> image into Publisher.
>>
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.
>> "Grady Jensen" <GradyJensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Maps are in pdf format.
>> > Publisher 2003
>> > Windows XP
>> > Final format should be a page of a Publisher 2003 newslatter

0
gsauer (5093)
7/6/2005 5:25:33 PM
Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Do you have Acrobat?
> Open the PDF document, save as... Encapsulated Post Script (eps)...

Or you could use the free GhostScript and GSView from
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ to do the same thing.

You need to print to a PostScript printer or a PDF file in order for these
to print correctly, though.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
7/6/2005 10:24:40 PM
Brian,

Why save as an eps instead of a tif, jpg or other file? That negates the
need for a postscript printer to create the final output.

Mike

Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote:
> The REAL answer is no. Publisher doesn't accept the importing of PDF files.
> However, if you have say, Adobe Acrobat, you could output the PDF as an EPS
> image and insert that graphic into Publisher.
>
> Or else, snap a screenshot of the map and crop/edit and then paste as an
> image into Publisher.

0
wordwiz (948)
7/6/2005 11:18:28 PM
Quality of output and image.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Brian,
>
> Why save as an eps instead of a tif, jpg or other file? That negates the
> need for a postscript printer to create the final output.
>
> Mike
>
> Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote:
>> The REAL answer is no. Publisher doesn't accept the importing of PDF
>> files. However, if you have say, Adobe Acrobat, you could output the PDF
>> as an EPS image and insert that graphic into Publisher.
>>
>> Or else, snap a screenshot of the map and crop/edit and then paste as an
>> image into Publisher.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

How to change saving from My documents to another place?
Every time I save my work I am directed to My Documents. I want to save in another place. How do I do that? Blair What version of Publisher are you using? "Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message news:e0wN8DtAGHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Every time I save my work I am directed to My Documents. I want to save in > another place. How do I do that? > Blair Tools, Options, general tab, change the location... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Blair" <darrach@coille.com&g...

How can I access my documents on OW free trial ?
When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is locked. How can I get roung this? If it's locked, you either haven't activated your copy of Office, or your trial period ended in which case you will have to pay for it. Yves "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F75A123-D010-4B85-AA39-838E567413E6@microsoft.com... > When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is > locked. How can I get roung this? ...

my documents encrypts all new files
And I cannot turn it off! Also, I can't map the drive and store files in "my documents" because I get "access denied.." I have even set sharing to "everyone" full-control and set the same for security. I am convinced it is related to the "encryption on" setting fore "my documents." FYI, when I try to turn off encryption for my documents, I get a folder is "read only." When I turn off read only for the folder, nothing happens. FWIW, the "my documents" folder is displayed in green text, indicating that it...

Links on Outlook take me to My Documents
I have Windows XP and Office 2003 with Outlook. All of a sudden, when I receive emails and go to a link (if they have one), instead of the link taking me to the correct site, it takes me to my own My Documents. ALso, I cannot copy and paste it at all, the Copy is grayed out... Very frustrated.....thank you. ...

Error 1309. Error reading from file: Settings\Administration\My Documents\SKU011.CAB
To whom it migh concern. I have a user that is having problems with his Office 2003. When he is starting Outlook, the following message appears: Error 1309. Error reading from file: Settings\Administration\My Documents\SKU011.CAB I know that all the Office 2003 installations files is on the computer. How can I solve this problem. Thank you in advance. Dag N It means the installation somehow got damaged. Start setup and see if running the "Repair" option works for you. If not, reinstall Office 2003 completely; no Outlook data will be lost in the process but i...

Why Do My Documents Show As Read-Only For Others?
I have created a spreadsheet and saved it to a network drive. I have not applied any sort of protection but when others try to open the file it shows as Read-only. This also happens in reverse order; when I open a file created by a co-worker it shows as read-only for me. Why is this? It's possible that it's in the settings of your network folder. Try to see the settings of your folder -- japorm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- japorms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=654 View this thread: http...

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

My Documents Moving failed and my documents all contents lost
Hi I tried move my documents folder to another location. Then its failed. And my all files in my documents folder lost. I ve searched all computer but i cant any file. How can i find lost my document folders Thanks On Mar 29, 5:03=A0pm, Help <H...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I tried move my documents folder to another location. Then its failed. An= d > my all files in my documents folder lost. > I ve searched all computer but i cant any file. How can i find lost my > document folders > > Thanks What were you trying to accomplish by...

desktop and my documents (folder redirection)
Hello, I have win2k3 with pgo and i have configured one pc (Win XP) with folder redirection (desktop et my documents). I haven't connected to my network for 1 week and i have a problem in disk with this pc (WinXP) but i can access to disk data. The problem is i can't find my data in my desktop and in my documents. can you help me where can i find my data in my desktop and my documents? Thank you. ...

wont let me insert PDF images in my documents?
Im not an avid user of Publisher 2003. When i try to put in a graphic that is a PDF, it asks me what to convert the file from. Seems like it doesnt know what it is. So does publisher not able to use PDF images?? Greg <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Im not an avid user of Publisher 2003. When i try to put in a > graphic that is a PDF, it asks me what to convert the file from. > Seems like it doesnt know what it is. So does publisher not able to > use PDF images?? The PDF format is not an image format, it's a document format. I...

My Documents relocating spontaneously
I use TweakUI to relocate my My Document folder from its default location in "C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Matts Documents" to someplace else. Everything works fine, but then a day or two later something is spontaneously relocating My Documents back to its default location. No files are actually moved nor is anything deleted and I can just manually use TweakUI again to reset it where I want it, but it's annoying. How can I find out what is changing that setting "on its own" and prevent it from happening? Matt wrote: > I use TweakUI to relocate my My Do...

Outlook 2003 "My Documents"
How do I add a short cut to "My Documents" to the Navagation Bar within Outlook 2003 or can I add it to the Tool Bar? I can not figure this out for the life of me. 2002 allowed me to do so. right click in an open space on your toolbar choose "command" in the "categories" pane, select "Go" in the right hand pane, scrol sown to "My Documents" drag "My Documnets" to the toolbar and let go the icon will be added >-----Original Message----- >How do I add a short cut to "My Documents" to the Navagation Bar within Outlook 2...

Start-Transcript in Userprofile\My Documents
Hi, I'm trying to save all my Powershell Transcripts to a sub-folder of My Documents like c:\Documents and Settings\myname\My Documents \PowershellTranscripts\ I'm trying this $p= "$env:UserProfile\My Documents\PowerShellTranscripts" Start-Transaction -path $p But I got this error message Start-Transaction : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'path'. At line:1 char:24 + Start-Transaction -path <<<< $p + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [Start- Transaction], ParameterBindingException + FullyQuali...

can't move my documents folder
Hi, in a windows 2k3 AD, with XP SP2 clients users have My documents folder in the path "\\server\documentos\%username%\Mis Documentos". Their profile is mobile and My documents folder is offline available. Now server is out of space and I have installed a new server, but I don't know how could move every user My documents folder to the new path. I have tried some ideas I have seen in the web, but no one worked. Do you know if a regeneration of their profile is needed? Does any of you know any solution (not as dramatic as this one)? Thank you very much. David ...

Excel quits responding searching for files not in my documents
Office 2003 When I use CTRL O to open a document that is not in My Documents, the program all but quits responding. This is happening in Excel and Word. If I am willing to wait it will eventually give me the opportunity to search other directories. Opening a document using Windows Explorer gives me an immediate response. ...

All my documents from publisher have a odd backround to them.
1. Please use this large white space to explain your issue. 2. Define "odd background". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Carmen" <Carmen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6689D73F-7E52-4D3F-B777-DE1394D8DEC4@microsoft.com... > 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message news:uuCdnenDOdJKnAfZnZ2dnUVZ_oCdnZ2d@suscom.com... | 1. Please use this large white space to explain your issue. | | 2. Define "odd background". | | -- | | JoAnn Paules | MVP Microsoft [P...

My documents can be read by all
I have a standard installation of SBS 2003 Small Business Server. All users were set up using the Server Management Console cumputers added the same way, Working off a single Domain. User My documents are redirected to a share (Ussers Shared Folders) on the server. If a user goes to the shared folder on the server through a UNC address he is able to open any of the folders there no mater who the owner is. Also when doing a sync for his folders it syncs all the users on the machine or that have been on the machine. Is there a way to eliminate the ablity of a user to have access to...

How do I create Hyperlinks to My Documents in Word?
I am creating a document with setup instructions. There are a few cases where I would like to create a hyperlink to the user's My Documents folder (or a subfolder underneath it), so they can click on the link to open Windows Explorer to that folder. When I generate the Hyperlink on my computer, the address is generated as C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents. I would like to replace <username> with something that uses the current user's username. With .cmd files I'm able to user %username% or even %userprofile%. When I try that with the...

My clips and photos are printing in the upper lefthand corner of my documents
I am having trouble with some of my print jobs and Publisher 2002. I place my clips and photos where I want them in my document, but when I print the job sometimes some of the clips and photos are misplaced up into the upper lefthand corner of my document. Can anyone help me with this problem, please? It's driving me nuts! Thanks, debbio A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from debbio <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am having trouble with some of my print jobs and > Publisher 2002. I place my clips and photos where I want ...

Cannot open excel docs from My Documents
I have Excel 2000 running on Windows 98SE. When I try and open a doc. from any folder outside of Excel a message pops up that says "Cannot find the file 'C:\My Documents\(Whatever the path folder is)\(name of Document).xls (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." At the same time it will open Excel, but no document. If I go to the open file button in Excel, then the file will open. I got a response from another newsgroup, but it did not solve the problem. He had me go to Explorer\View\Fo...

redirect my documents and pst
I have a gpo that redirects the MY Documents folder. When i move a pst into my documents, it will not sync. I get the following error message files of this type cannot be available offline If i rename the pst it will work just fine. Any ideas? ...

Synchronize or copy certain files from my documents to a server
Hello People. I want a solution to copy certain files (xls,docs,pdf, etc) from a known path (my documents) to a remote folder or a mapped disk. I want that this copy/synchronization happens when the user do a log off. I don't want to use folder redirection cause in the case of the laptop the user will get an error when he is outside the office. I know that windows have some synchronization technology but I also know that this came with certain problems and error or sometimes not all the information is being copied and as this will be very important information, I don...

Emailing My Documents folder
Is it possible to email my entire My Documents folder to another computer in the office? We want to save it to a Zip disk but my computer doesn't have a Zip drive. However I can't seem to attach the folder as an attachment to my email (I use Outlook 2000). Any suggestions? ...

Windows Explorer
Is there a way to keep Windows Explorer from opening My Documents, with its many folders I never asked for, whenever I open a new Explorer window? TIA LAS On Dec 15, 9:02=A0am, "Laurel" <FakeM...@Hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to keep Windows Explorer from opening My Documents, with i= ts > many folders I never asked for, whenever I open a new Explorer window? > > TIA > LAS See if this will help you: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article01-419 Where would you like to open? Paste the following into the "Target" fiel...