Home Publishing Suite 2000 problem

I open paper projects and select a category, such as
awards or flyers.  When it brings up the selections, there
are no pictures of what my choices are.  It just brings up
all blank squares.  When I did a typical install, in
Windows XP, it does not ask for all of the CD's (there are
5).

Dave,

Although someone here may be able to answer your question, you've made a
rather common mistake. This newsgroup is for Publisher, not Home Publishing.
They are two different programs. Home Publisher is more for the basic home
user - greeting cards, minor photo touchups, etc. Publisher is a
professional desktop publishing program. Yes, we can make greeting cards but
we do so much more than that.

Try checking out the Home Publishing newsgroup
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.home.publishing&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-gb;newsgroups

(And ignore any comments from anyone who tells you to toddle off with the
other kiddies.)

"Dave Zimpelman" <dzimpelman@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> I open paper projects and select a category, such as
> awards or flyers.  When it brings up the selections, there
> are no pictures of what my choices are.  It just brings up
> all blank squares.  When I did a typical install, in
> Windows XP, it does not ask for all of the CD's (there are
> 5).

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/11/2004 4:56:53 PM
Dave Zimpelman wrote:
> I open paper projects and select a category, such as
> awards or flyers.  When it brings up the selections, there
> are no pictures of what my choices are.  It just brings up
> all blank squares.  When I did a typical install, in
> Windows XP, it does not ask for all of the CD's (there are
> 5).
=====================================
You may need to delete your temp and temporary
internet files...running Disk Cleanup (all options)
should take care of it.

Read the following KB article:

(291820) HomePub/PIP: Red X in Place of
Image, Text Missing on Opening Screen\Menus
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291820
(applies to versions 7.0 and 9 as well)

As for a complete install of the program...browse
disk one for a readme file...you should find some
instructions.

For additional info try the Picture It! newsgroup:

Try this link:

http://tinyurl.com/iozo

Or...go to the following site:

http://tinyurl.com/218p

Wait for the page to load.

(if the newsgroup list doesn't load,
left click your Refresh button)

Scroll down the list in the left pane to:

"pictureit"

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
4/11/2004 11:40:24 PM
I was hoping you'd pop in, John. If anywhere here could help him, you could.
:-)

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Dave Zimpelman wrote:
> > I open paper projects and select a category, such as
> > awards or flyers.  When it brings up the selections, there
> > are no pictures of what my choices are.  It just brings up
> > all blank squares.  When I did a typical install, in
> > Windows XP, it does not ask for all of the CD's (there are
> > 5).
> =====================================
> You may need to delete your temp and temporary
> internet files...running Disk Cleanup (all options)
> should take care of it.
>
> Read the following KB article:
>
> (291820) HomePub/PIP: Red X in Place of
> Image, Text Missing on Opening Screen\Menus
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291820
> (applies to versions 7.0 and 9 as well)
>
> As for a complete install of the program...browse
> disk one for a readme file...you should find some
> instructions.
>
> For additional info try the Picture It! newsgroup:
>
> Try this link:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/iozo
>
> Or...go to the following site:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/218p
>
> Wait for the page to load.
>
> (if the newsgroup list doesn't load,
> left click your Refresh button)
>
> Scroll down the list in the left pane to:
>
> "pictureit"
>

> --
>
> John Inzer
> return e-mail disabled

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/11/2004 11:47:10 PM
JL Amerson wrote:
> I was hoping you'd pop in, John. If anywhere
> here could help him, you could. :-)
==================================
Like my daddy always said.....
"Son, you must be good for something"  :o)

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
4/12/2004 2:34:34 AM
Hi John Inzer (oobie@doobie.xyz),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Like my daddy always said.....
|| "Son, you must be good for something"  :o)

Did he ever seem to find out what exactly you were good for? :-)
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
4/12/2004 6:37:00 PM
Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
> Did he ever seem to find out what exactly
> you were good for? :-)
=================================
Of course not...it's a well guarded secret

How was the trip? Didja get free stuff?
--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
4/12/2004 10:48:26 PM
In news:OLWKDCOIEHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
John Inzer <oobie@doobie.xyz> posted:
> Of course not...it's a well guarded secret
>
> How was the trip? Didja get free stuff?

Great trip, great free stuff. Great all around, tx for asking!

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1245)

Can I use Windows XP Home for Commercial ?
i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people told me that it is okay using Windows XP Home for commercial but it just that we cannot fully utilize the feature of the Windows i.e. joined domain ...etc I also cannot find anything in Windows XP Home EULA that the Home edition is only for NON-Commercial use. Can anyone clarify this to me ? Jim wrote: > i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows > XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people > told ...

Excel VB Windows XP and 2000 problem
Hi, i have writen some macros using office 2000 on windows XP and they wor well. Then i changed my Operating system to windows 2000 and installe the same office 2000. When i try to open my excel sheet with both macros enabled and disable Visiual Basic gives me the "file not found" error in a message box an nothing more and didnt open the file. what could be the reason? any idea? i didnt intentially use any dl from XP but dont know if VB uses them by default! thanks in advance.. i can provide the excel sheet if anyone want to review... please let m know. Emr -- Message posted f...

publisher cannot complete operation
I have turned off my fire wall and I get the message publisher cannot complete operation when I try to print. What version Publisher? Is your printer driver current? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCBF05E0-00C6-438E-8F1B-F55FBBD4E65B@microsoft.com... >I have turned off my fire wall and I get the message publisher cannot > complete operation when I try to print. > ...

a list of native Publisher 2002 design templates
Would anyone have a link to a list of design templates native to Publisher 2002? I have just begun tutoring Publisher at my work and I use 2003, but they use 2002 and I wish to be able to work on labs at home and know they will be compatible at my work Look in a folder similar to this (It is hidden) C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Grant Meredith" <GrantMeredith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24EA1E0D-542D-4FC7-BE32-...

hyperlinks to specific link don't work when published to html #2
I have a table of contents in excel where each line hyperlinks to a specific sheet in another workbook. When I publish it ( i.e.convert to html ) pressing the hyperlinks always gets me to the same sheet. How can I get it to go to the correct sheet even after I publish it ? (experts-exchange seems to have an answer but i can't afford the membership) I've been publishing by saving in the mhtml format. Thanks- Joe ...

how do you password protect publisher files
i am trying to make a private publisher file but i cant get it to be protected by a password. You never will either. You can put the publication into a zip folder and encrypt it. Or convert it to a PDF and password protect the file. Or use Word. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PepperoniPBoy" <PepperoniPBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E644CAD4-1BBF-474C-8876-52811F5DBF76@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make a private publisher file but i cant get it to be > protected by a ...

where is publisher?
I have office 2000 and i was told publisher was on it but i can not find it, can anyone please let me know what is the deal? ...

Windows 2000 address book
How can I convert a Windows 2000 pab file to use it in the NTFS environment? No need to repost within minutes. This is not a chatgroup. See your original post. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "BeetleB" <BeetleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:235EC58E-50ED-46ED-89E7-B9DF7311DADE@microsoft.com... > How can I convert a Windows 2000 pab file to use it in the NTFS > environment? > > ...

Making 2003 personal home page
In the previous version of outlook a view could be created where you could see folders (left), tasks (bottom right), calendar (top right) and today's appointments (middle). I really liked this view. Can this view be created using outlook 2003? You're probably talking about Outlook Today. that's still there in Outlook 2003. Navigate to the top folder in your folder tree and you should still be able to see it. There was no other way inherent in Outlook to create such a view so I'm assuming that's what you're looking for. Anything else would have been an add-in creat...

Problems retrieving data from XML file
Hi all, I have been having problems trying to retrieve data from my xml file. What I am trying to do is select a certain group node based on its groupid value. When I have that node I want to select all the menu nodes related to that group that have a value=1 along with its items that have a value=1. I have been trying an xpath query but with no luck. I have included one of the queries I have been trying. Any help would be greatly appreciated! strExpression = "/configuration/groups/group/menus/menu/menuname[../@value=1 and ../@groupid= " & GroupID & "]" ...

ftp problem
Ok, i now know how to open a internet connection etc. but FtpPutFile function below gets error: "0-200 type set to I 500invalid PORT Command. " void ftp() { DWORD dwType = INTERNET_INVALID_PORT_NUMBER ; hOpen = InternetOpen ( _T("FTP"), INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY ,NULL,NULL,dwType); hConnect = InternetConnect ( hOpen, _T("192.168.0.254") ,21, _T("anonymous"), _T("abcd@hotmail.com") , INTERNET_SERVICE_FTP, 0 , 0); if(hConnect == NULL) { MessageBox( _T("internet connect failed")); } else { if(FtpSetCurrentDirector...

Outlook 2000 send/receive
I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? I am not sure if it is what you are looking for but here goes: Under the Tools menu, click Options. In the dialog box that opens next click on Mail Delivery tab, then make sure there is a check in the box beside "send messages immediately when connected." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14fdf01c41cac$9696e2c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to > automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? ...

Home inventory?
I am using Money Deluxe 2006 on a XP home 512 mb computer. I am a newbie. I would like to use the home inventory part of Money. I looked into "My Money" and somewhere on that screen, I am supposed to click on I believe "My home inventory". Where on the screen do I click on "My home inventory". Thanks I got the directions from the help section of money 2006 deluxe. In microsoft.public.money, Charles Eaves wrote: >I am using Money Deluxe 2006 on a XP home 512 mb computer. >I am a newbie. >I would like to use the home inventory part of Money. >I l...

Problem with Forms results being sent via an e-mail address.
I have created a new site and imported the original site in from another server. I am having a problem with the forms, I am unable to add an e-mail address for the results to be sent to. When I try to add the e-mail in FrontPage I recieve the following message: "This form cannot be configured to send results via e-mail. The Web site may be located at a disk-based location, or on a server that has not been configured to send email. Contact your system admin or ISP for more info, Would you like to remove the e-mail reciepient?" - I have tried creating a new form with same r...

GETPIVOTDATA under Excel 2000
Can anyone give me advice on the differences between how th �GETPIVOTDATA� command works differently in EXCEL 2002 vs. Excel 2000 I created a file in Excel 2002, but I must install it on a compute using Excel 2000, and the Excel 2002 GETPIVOTDATA syntax does not wor under Excel 2000. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There's information in the following MSKB article: HOW TO: Use the GetPivotData Worksheet Function in Excel 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211949 and there are examples in Excel's Help files. steveski < wrote: > Can a...

download problems #2
When trying to upgrade or download info I get an error message BDSIE12029 and a prompt to try again later...how to remedy this??? ...

why are pictures hidden in all publisher files
I have created a brochure using publisher, but now suddenly find that ALL publisher documents are hiding and thus not printing any pictures or borders to text boxes. Without deleting and replacing the image or text box, how else can I get them back? Simon wrote: > I have created a brochure using publisher, but now suddenly find that ALL > publisher documents are hiding and thus not printing any pictures or borders > to text boxes. Without deleting and replacing the image or text box, how else > can I get them back? Hiding on screen and hiding in print are not normally the s...

Publisher changes my margins when I don't want it to.
I'm trying to stop publisher 2007 from changing my margins whenever I change printers. I have multiple printers and whenever I change printers or even paper trays, the margins that are set up change to some default that I cannot find. I'm not trying to change the margin defaults, just wanting to save what I have set up, say for printing 10 bus. cards on a single sheet. I know how to set up templates and that saves the margins when I make a new document, but not if I need to change printers. J. Wilson wrote: > I'm trying to stop publisher 2007 from changing my margins w...

Error msg "error accessing file" /Access 2000 / Windows Xp home edition
Hello, I have a field called Job_date, on the detail part of a "Master & detail" form, which has been fine. I have it set to show "to-days date" when double clicked .. i.e. an event procedure runs. All of a sudden I am getting the msg "Error access file. Network connection may have been lost" when I double click the field. I am not on a network, have a network card connected to my internet cable modem. I also got the msg when I tried to add a new field to the form in the Master area, also when I go in to try and change to event procedure code. Have...

Unable to Open Outlook 2000
All of a sudden, I can't open Outlook 2000. I've been using it for a couple of years. It locked up on Monday so I ended task. Now it won't open from my desktop. I tried to do a repair using the Office Professional 2000 CD that came with my computer. I am in a job search and need access to my contacts, calendar, important saved emails, etc. Can anyone help? Regards, John You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus cau...

Validation Problem
I am building an XML file from a dataset using VB.NET. I've built an xsd file (listed below) and am attempting to validate a sample xml file (also below) using http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/Default.aspx but I get a single error: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key I do not have any parameter named "key"? How can I track down what is causing this error? Wayne ============== XML File ================================ <?xml version="1.0" ?> <NewDataSet> <CGShows> <RegionalID>Denver</RegionalID> <SeqNbr&g...

How does one view two separate pages within the Publisher main win
I have figured out how to "Insert" a second page either before or after the current page, but am unable to scroll from one to the another. Is this not 'doable' within Publisher? The only way I am able to view both pages is to print the entire document. Thank you. ReBell in MS Try View - Status bar. Look in the lower left corner of the Publisher screen -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3450ED-BA78-47FE-B286...

Anonymouse Sharing XP Home, Vista Home, 7 Home Premium
Hi, I'm having an issue sharing files between my three machines (there are actually none windows machines as well using SMB share). They all work with each other except "Windows 7" is misbehaving. Everyone is prompted for a password to browse the 7 machine, and 7 is asked for password when it tries to look at any other device. This is obviously a "password encryption" thing that I have run into before, but now I cannot seem to find a solution. I have the following changes to Windows 7: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa LmCompatibilityLevel=...

Share database over home network?
I have a home network with both machines running Win XP and MS Money 2006. I keep track of things on one computer, but now, with the computers networked properly together through a router, I would like to share the database that resides on one machine for the user of another machine to view and edit if need be. Is this possible and if so, then how? How can I keep it secure in the event that a hacker gets into one or more machines (have never had that issue, but best safe than sorry)? Any other suggestions and whatnot with this kind of setup? I plan on keeping a tally on about 5 accounts...

Outlook 2000 hangs during exit (with Exchange 2000)
after exiting Outlook the Message "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits" apears. This Message dont disappear for hours! The only way to remove this Message is to kill it with the Taskmanager. ...