home publishing file

i have a file that was produced with
MS home publishing 2000 and need to get
it into my Publisher 2002.....

any ideas?
thanks
0
cali (1)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from cali <cali@here.now>...
> i have a file that was produced with
> MS home publishing 2000 and need to get
> it into my Publisher 2002.....

You may have some limited success copying and pasting between the two
applications, but apart from that there's not a lot you can do.
You can export as a picture file from HP and import that into Publisher, but
you will lose its editability.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

ofc files
Hi, I have been using Money from ver 2003 and I have been downloading transactions in ofc files and it worked (i.e. imported to my account in Money) fine in 03 and 04. Now I have just upgraded my 2004 to 2005 and M05 wouldn't recognize (i.e. associate them in explorer) my ofc files. I've pointed the ofc files to be opened with mnyimprt.exe and it still doens't work. Any solution? Thanks. My understanding is thatMoney 05 doesn't support OFC downloads. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050901c4a5b7$e6531...

Sending attached Word Files
When sending an attached Word file in Outlook, has anyone had the recepient call back and say that there was more attached. IE. bits and pieces of other Word documents intermixed with the file that you sent. ...

Can I use Windows XP Home for Commercial ?
i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people told me that it is okay using Windows XP Home for commercial but it just that we cannot fully utilize the feature of the Windows i.e. joined domain ...etc I also cannot find anything in Windows XP Home EULA that the Home edition is only for NON-Commercial use. Can anyone clarify this to me ? Jim wrote: > i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows > XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people > told ...

publisher cannot complete operation
I have turned off my fire wall and I get the message publisher cannot complete operation when I try to print. What version Publisher? Is your printer driver current? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCBF05E0-00C6-438E-8F1B-F55FBBD4E65B@microsoft.com... >I have turned off my fire wall and I get the message publisher cannot > complete operation when I try to print. > ...

a list of native Publisher 2002 design templates
Would anyone have a link to a list of design templates native to Publisher 2002? I have just begun tutoring Publisher at my work and I use 2003, but they use 2002 and I wish to be able to work on labs at home and know they will be compatible at my work Look in a folder similar to this (It is hidden) C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Grant Meredith" <GrantMeredith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24EA1E0D-542D-4FC7-BE32-...

hyperlinks to specific link don't work when published to html #2
I have a table of contents in excel where each line hyperlinks to a specific sheet in another workbook. When I publish it ( i.e.convert to html ) pressing the hyperlinks always gets me to the same sheet. How can I get it to go to the correct sheet even after I publish it ? (experts-exchange seems to have an answer but i can't afford the membership) I've been publishing by saving in the mhtml format. Thanks- Joe ...

how do you password protect publisher files
i am trying to make a private publisher file but i cant get it to be protected by a password. You never will either. You can put the publication into a zip folder and encrypt it. Or convert it to a PDF and password protect the file. Or use Word. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PepperoniPBoy" <PepperoniPBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E644CAD4-1BBF-474C-8876-52811F5DBF76@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make a private publisher file but i cant get it to be > protected by a ...

Data from xml file gets truncated when writing to text file
Hello everybody, I have an xml doc and I am trying to write the values from xml file to a tab delimited text file. Currently, what I am doing is I am reading xml file through XpathNavigaotr and manipulating all the nodes,elements and attributes than I am writing those values to a text file using stream writer. Now coming to my problem When I am writing data to the text file value of the last record is getting truncated. My code sample for formatting the xml looks like this Private Sub Format(ByVal myXPathNavigator As XPathNavigator) Dim strtemp As String = String.Empty ...

where is publisher?
I have office 2000 and i was told publisher was on it but i can not find it, can anyone please let me know what is the deal? ...

Select Excel files by formula
Each of my Excel file names is a customer's last name. I print reports with the customer name down the left side and information about that customer (for example: has a certain task been completed by the forecast date?) in multiple columns to the right of the customer name. Each column has a formula similar to the one below: =IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'! $B$12="failed","F",IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'! $N$28<>"?","---------",IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'!$M$28<$AA$2,"! ! ! ! !&...

Making 2003 personal home page
In the previous version of outlook a view could be created where you could see folders (left), tasks (bottom right), calendar (top right) and today's appointments (middle). I really liked this view. Can this view be created using outlook 2003? You're probably talking about Outlook Today. that's still there in Outlook 2003. Navigate to the top folder in your folder tree and you should still be able to see it. There was no other way inherent in Outlook to create such a view so I'm assuming that's what you're looking for. Anything else would have been an add-in creat...

Home inventory?
I am using Money Deluxe 2006 on a XP home 512 mb computer. I am a newbie. I would like to use the home inventory part of Money. I looked into "My Money" and somewhere on that screen, I am supposed to click on I believe "My home inventory". Where on the screen do I click on "My home inventory". Thanks I got the directions from the help section of money 2006 deluxe. In microsoft.public.money, Charles Eaves wrote: >I am using Money Deluxe 2006 on a XP home 512 mb computer. >I am a newbie. >I would like to use the home inventory part of Money. >I l...

Files created from previous versions appear blank
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on my Mac (running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard) and when I load worksheets created in Excel 2001 or open excel attachments from mail, the worksheets appear blank. The underlying cell contents are there but do not display although some of the formatting can be seen. If I format cells and use another font I can see the contents (although this sometimes requires two or three attempts) <br><br>Any Ideas? ...

Work with web query file
How can i get data from a iqy file?? [PS] E:\>dir *.iqy Directory: E:\ Mode LastWriteTime Length Name ---- ------------- ------ ---- -a--- 10-May-10 10:07 AM 758 owssvr.iqy [PS] E:\>$a = New-Object -ComObject excel.application [PS] E:\>$iqy = $a.Workbooks.Open(".\owssvr.iqy") Exception calling "Open" with "1" argument(s): "'.\owssvr.iqy' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying t...

Open external files from access
Hello averyone, I'm developing an apllication with access 2003 in WXP professional, and I'm storing documents in a folder... so they can be opened within access, I actually store the complete path of the files in each record.. so I can call the file from it's path and filename using the following code: Application.FollowHyperlink Me.Path In my PC that runs quite well!!!, it opens each .doc, or .pdf file. BUT in some clients (with access 2003 and WXP pro.) when I open a .pdf file, the file opens and inmediatelly closes. This doesn't happen with .doc files. They remain ope...

why are pictures hidden in all publisher files
I have created a brochure using publisher, but now suddenly find that ALL publisher documents are hiding and thus not printing any pictures or borders to text boxes. Without deleting and replacing the image or text box, how else can I get them back? Simon wrote: > I have created a brochure using publisher, but now suddenly find that ALL > publisher documents are hiding and thus not printing any pictures or borders > to text boxes. Without deleting and replacing the image or text box, how else > can I get them back? Hiding on screen and hiding in print are not normally the s...

Error msg "error accessing file" /Access 2000 / Windows Xp home edition
Hello, I have a field called Job_date, on the detail part of a "Master & detail" form, which has been fine. I have it set to show "to-days date" when double clicked .. i.e. an event procedure runs. All of a sudden I am getting the msg "Error access file. Network connection may have been lost" when I double click the field. I am not on a network, have a network card connected to my internet cable modem. I also got the msg when I tried to add a new field to the form in the Master area, also when I go in to try and change to event procedure code. Have...

Publisher changes my margins when I don't want it to.
I'm trying to stop publisher 2007 from changing my margins whenever I change printers. I have multiple printers and whenever I change printers or even paper trays, the margins that are set up change to some default that I cannot find. I'm not trying to change the margin defaults, just wanting to save what I have set up, say for printing 10 bus. cards on a single sheet. I know how to set up templates and that saves the margins when I make a new document, but not if I need to change printers. J. Wilson wrote: > I'm trying to stop publisher 2007 from changing my margins w...

Help file seems to be missing!
My help file seems to be missing! When I access help in Word 2007 or Excel 2007 I get an xml listing, not the help file. It appears to be looking for files in the Temporary Internet Folder. Any idea how I could get my help back? Below is the first few lines of what is displayed: <?xml version="1.0" ?> <?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='File://C:\Documents and Settings\UserLocation\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\MsOfficeHelp12\MOH1D.tmp\toc.xsl'?> - <assistance namespace="WINWORD" UseOnlineContent="1"&g...

Anonymouse Sharing XP Home, Vista Home, 7 Home Premium
Hi, I'm having an issue sharing files between my three machines (there are actually none windows machines as well using SMB share). They all work with each other except "Windows 7" is misbehaving. Everyone is prompted for a password to browse the 7 machine, and 7 is asked for password when it tries to look at any other device. This is obviously a "password encryption" thing that I have run into before, but now I cannot seem to find a solution. I have the following changes to Windows 7: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa LmCompatibilityLevel=...

How does one view two separate pages within the Publisher main win
I have figured out how to "Insert" a second page either before or after the current page, but am unable to scroll from one to the another. Is this not 'doable' within Publisher? The only way I am able to view both pages is to print the entire document. Thank you. ReBell in MS Try View - Status bar. Look in the lower left corner of the Publisher screen -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3450ED-BA78-47FE-B286...

Arkansas State Tax
We are attempting to set-up Arkansas employees in Great Plains. When entering data into the State Tax maintenance window for Arkansas the only filing status that appears is "not applicable". There should be options including married filing jointly, single, head of household, etc.... How can I correct this problem? Is there a microsoft update that needs to be performed? I could not find anything related to Arkansas. Have you looked at the tax tables to see if the selections you make for exemptions will get you to the right tax amounts? "Intermodal Cartage" wrot...

Share database over home network?
I have a home network with both machines running Win XP and MS Money 2006. I keep track of things on one computer, but now, with the computers networked properly together through a router, I would like to share the database that resides on one machine for the user of another machine to view and edit if need be. Is this possible and if so, then how? How can I keep it secure in the event that a hacker gets into one or more machines (have never had that issue, but best safe than sorry)? Any other suggestions and whatnot with this kind of setup? I plan on keeping a tally on about 5 accounts...

Append multiple files
I have the same demographic information in separate files from 10 different states. I need to create a super list append the file content into one file so I can create a mail list. How do I append 10 different excel files with demographic information into one list? I am using Office 2007. Mark S If you wanted a VBA solution, this code will take all of the workbooks in a given folder and put them together into one worksheet in a new workbook called "merged.xls" which is placed on your desktop. Simply create a folder on your desktop called "merged" and place all of ...

Excel viewer for XP Home
Could someone please tell me which Excel Viewer to download to work with XP Home. On the Excel website I see one that works for 2000 but nothing specific for XP. Thanks. XP Home and 2000 do not describe the same software. XP Home is a MS Windows version, 2000 is a MS Office version. I would download the viewer and give ita try. I expect it will work. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ XP Home & Windows 2000 are both operating systems. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "BrianB" <BrianB.ymivb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Brian...