Home publisher clip art installs front page

Home Publisher 2000.  When I try to use the clip art it begins to install
front page.  I cancel it 2 or 3 times before I get the clip art.

AZGardening wrote:
> Home Publisher 2000.  When I try to use the clip art it
> begins to install front page.  I cancel it 2 or 3 times
> before I get the clip art.
====================================
In the future, please post your HP2000 questions
in one of the following newsgroups:

pictureit
http://tinyurl.com/iozo

home.publishing
http://tinyurl.com/2geuz

There is not a KB article with specific info for
the issue you describe. Uninstalling / reinstalling
both programs may clear it up.

Also, the following articles may offer some ideas:

(265194) OFF2000: Windows Installer
Appears Every Time a Program Is Started
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=265194

(303040) CG5: Error Message: "An Unspecified
Error Has Occurred" When You Attempt to Start
Clip Gallery
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303040

Also...you might try the following method to
install HP2000:
=================================
The following is from a readme file on
HP2000 disk one:
#15. Installing onto a network or installing
everything to your hard disk

Home Publishing can easily be installed on
a network. To install it, copy the contents of
all three CDs to the same network folder,
starting with the third Home Publishing disc,
then the second Home Publishing disc, and
then the first Home Publishing disc, in that
order. Do NOT put the contents of the three
CDs into three separate folders; keep them
in the same folder. Some files are duplicated
on all three CDs. When you are asked to over-
write these files, click Yes. Home Publishing
should be installed onto computers using
Setup.exe on this network share, not from
the CDs.

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)

Can I use Windows XP Home for Commercial ?
i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people told me that it is okay using Windows XP Home for commercial but it just that we cannot fully utilize the feature of the Windows i.e. joined domain ...etc I also cannot find anything in Windows XP Home EULA that the Home edition is only for NON-Commercial use. Can anyone clarify this to me ? Jim wrote: > i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows > XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people > told ...

installing SafePay 10.0
Hello: If a client has over thirty companies in GP 10.0 and will only use Safe Pay in say two of those companies, is it OK to just install the module in just those two companies? Or, do you absolutely have to install it in all thirty companies? childofthe1980s Installation of the software is installation wide. You install the chunk files needed on all pcs. Once the software is active, it will require its files, on all companies. You do not have to configure it for use on any other companies but it it requests the files to be created, the message will recur until the files are crea...

Outlook express crashes after NAV installation
Since upgrading to Norton Antivirus 2004, OE will not receive mail when email scanning is on. OE will hang, then if attempting to close program: "Fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C0031580. the current application will be terminated." Also get this program intermittently without OE running, but it originated with the NAV upgrade. And yes, I have notified Norton, but have received absolutely useless information from them. Any ideas? Running Win98SE. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) supp...

publisher cannot complete operation
I have turned off my fire wall and I get the message publisher cannot complete operation when I try to print. What version Publisher? Is your printer driver current? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCBF05E0-00C6-438E-8F1B-F55FBBD4E65B@microsoft.com... >I have turned off my fire wall and I get the message publisher cannot > complete operation when I try to print. > ...

a list of native Publisher 2002 design templates
Would anyone have a link to a list of design templates native to Publisher 2002? I have just begun tutoring Publisher at my work and I use 2003, but they use 2002 and I wish to be able to work on labs at home and know they will be compatible at my work Look in a folder similar to this (It is hidden) C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Grant Meredith" <GrantMeredith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24EA1E0D-542D-4FC7-BE32-...

hyperlinks to specific link don't work when published to html #2
I have a table of contents in excel where each line hyperlinks to a specific sheet in another workbook. When I publish it ( i.e.convert to html ) pressing the hyperlinks always gets me to the same sheet. How can I get it to go to the correct sheet even after I publish it ? (experts-exchange seems to have an answer but i can't afford the membership) I've been publishing by saving in the mhtml format. Thanks- Joe ...

how do you password protect publisher files
i am trying to make a private publisher file but i cant get it to be protected by a password. You never will either. You can put the publication into a zip folder and encrypt it. Or convert it to a PDF and password protect the file. Or use Word. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PepperoniPBoy" <PepperoniPBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E644CAD4-1BBF-474C-8876-52811F5DBF76@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make a private publisher file but i cant get it to be > protected by a ...

Downloaded clips don't show (Pub '02)
Hello! Suddenly I am having trouble with downloaded clips! I select clips on-line, click download, it shows them downloading. Then the clip organizer opens, but it doesn't say "adding clips" and I look and they are nowhere to be found. I keep trying and one time tonight it added two clips, but otherwise it isn't adding the clips anywhere! Not sure what is wrong, I have Publisher 2002. Thanks!! ACF wrote: > Hello! > Suddenly I am having trouble with downloaded clips! I > select clips on-line, click download, it shows them > downloading. Then the clip o...

Crystal License Error on SBS2K Install
I have installed MSCRM on a Small Business Server 2000 box and I have gotten just about everything working except for the reports. When I try to access the reports I get the error about not enough crystal licenses. I saw the section in the implementation guide about this error but it doesn't seem to apply since the SBS2K box is an AD DC. Looking at the event logs it looks like the primary issue is logging in the IWAM_<server_name> account. Where does Crystal store this password? Incidentally the CrystalAdmin application crashes and will not allow the password to be changed. Wh...

where is publisher?
I have office 2000 and i was told publisher was on it but i can not find it, can anyone please let me know what is the deal? ...

Making 2003 personal home page
In the previous version of outlook a view could be created where you could see folders (left), tasks (bottom right), calendar (top right) and today's appointments (middle). I really liked this view. Can this view be created using outlook 2003? You're probably talking about Outlook Today. that's still there in Outlook 2003. Navigate to the top folder in your folder tree and you should still be able to see it. There was no other way inherent in Outlook to create such a view so I'm assuming that's what you're looking for. Anything else would have been an add-in creat...

Home inventory?
I am using Money Deluxe 2006 on a XP home 512 mb computer. I am a newbie. I would like to use the home inventory part of Money. I looked into "My Money" and somewhere on that screen, I am supposed to click on I believe "My home inventory". Where on the screen do I click on "My home inventory". Thanks I got the directions from the help section of money 2006 deluxe. In microsoft.public.money, Charles Eaves wrote: >I am using Money Deluxe 2006 on a XP home 512 mb computer. >I am a newbie. >I would like to use the home inventory part of Money. >I l...

Outlook 2007 Installation with Windows 7 Error
I just bought a new Office Outlook 2007 software and cannot install on a new PC with Windows 7. During installation, I get the following error: Error 25004.config.xml not specified. A valid config.xml file must be authored when deploying "(null)" Help!! Had you run MSUpdate and installed critical updates first? Did you uninstall the Trial & its Activation Assistant, reboot, prior to installing from cd? "Simply Awesome" <SimplyAwesome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89D96459-5466-453E-8390-3E8954FC2AFD@microsoft.com... >I ...

11.2.3 upate won't install
Hi - We're currently running Office version 11.2.1 on OS X 10.4.5. I've tried to install 11.2.3 via Auto-update and via the downloaded dmg, but neither works. It scans the HD for a while and then spits back an error that says: "The Installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the Read Me file included with this installerto determine if your software meets the requirements for this update." I've tried looking at the readme, but it doesn't really say anything pertinent. Anybody else have this issue? Thanks,...

Business Portal installation #3
Does anyone here have experience in installing Business Portal as a sub site in SharePoint? -and/or- Does Business Portal really need to be hosted on its own without other sites on the Sharepoint server? Don't know if this will help or not: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYQLYTNSUKZPXKMUNVOTRYRUYVWMPKTWQTOSWSWUSWKYQNQTVK We do run BP along with some web applications on demo machines, but for production, I think our recommendation is separate servers. Clint "Theodore Lim" <Theodore Lim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

why are pictures hidden in all publisher files
I have created a brochure using publisher, but now suddenly find that ALL publisher documents are hiding and thus not printing any pictures or borders to text boxes. Without deleting and replacing the image or text box, how else can I get them back? Simon wrote: > I have created a brochure using publisher, but now suddenly find that ALL > publisher documents are hiding and thus not printing any pictures or borders > to text boxes. Without deleting and replacing the image or text box, how else > can I get them back? Hiding on screen and hiding in print are not normally the s...

need help installing thawte email certs
I downloaded the free email certs from thawte. I installed them into IE and when I go to the certs page I see three certs. I'm using outlook 2003 but no matter what setting I try or what cert I select I just cant seem to get it to work. I get the message that the account doesnt have a cert. Any help would be great thanks RadarG Tools-Options-Security tab. Your cert should show in the window. click on settings to see what options are available. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) vir...

Error msg "error accessing file" /Access 2000 / Windows Xp home edition
Hello, I have a field called Job_date, on the detail part of a "Master & detail" form, which has been fine. I have it set to show "to-days date" when double clicked .. i.e. an event procedure runs. All of a sudden I am getting the msg "Error access file. Network connection may have been lost" when I double click the field. I am not on a network, have a network card connected to my internet cable modem. I also got the msg when I tried to add a new field to the form in the Master area, also when I go in to try and change to event procedure code. Have...

Publisher changes my margins when I don't want it to.
I'm trying to stop publisher 2007 from changing my margins whenever I change printers. I have multiple printers and whenever I change printers or even paper trays, the margins that are set up change to some default that I cannot find. I'm not trying to change the margin defaults, just wanting to save what I have set up, say for printing 10 bus. cards on a single sheet. I know how to set up templates and that saves the margins when I make a new document, but not if I need to change printers. J. Wilson wrote: > I'm trying to stop publisher 2007 from changing my margins w...

Anonymouse Sharing XP Home, Vista Home, 7 Home Premium
Hi, I'm having an issue sharing files between my three machines (there are actually none windows machines as well using SMB share). They all work with each other except "Windows 7" is misbehaving. Everyone is prompted for a password to browse the 7 machine, and 7 is asked for password when it tries to look at any other device. This is obviously a "password encryption" thing that I have run into before, but now I cannot seem to find a solution. I have the following changes to Windows 7: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa LmCompatibilityLevel=...

How does one view two separate pages within the Publisher main win
I have figured out how to "Insert" a second page either before or after the current page, but am unable to scroll from one to the another. Is this not 'doable' within Publisher? The only way I am able to view both pages is to print the entire document. Thank you. ReBell in MS Try View - Status bar. Look in the lower left corner of the Publisher screen -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3450ED-BA78-47FE-B286...

Share database over home network?
I have a home network with both machines running Win XP and MS Money 2006. I keep track of things on one computer, but now, with the computers networked properly together through a router, I would like to share the database that resides on one machine for the user of another machine to view and edit if need be. Is this possible and if so, then how? How can I keep it secure in the event that a hacker gets into one or more machines (have never had that issue, but best safe than sorry)? Any other suggestions and whatnot with this kind of setup? I plan on keeping a tally on about 5 accounts...

Attempt to fetch logical page in database
Hi, I am working on sql server 2008. I am getting a error that says: Attempt to fetch logical page(1:2986) in database 2 failed. It belongs to allocation unit 64.......not to 53........ If i run that SP in sql it shows no error and return the result set. But if i run that sp from vb.net code it give me above error. Plese help Thanks, Hemant HP (HP@text.com) writes: > I am working on sql server 2008. > I am getting a error that says: > Attempt to fetch logical page(1:2986) in database 2 failed. It belongs to > allocation unit 64.......not to 53........ &...

Excel viewer for XP Home
Could someone please tell me which Excel Viewer to download to work with XP Home. On the Excel website I see one that works for 2000 but nothing specific for XP. Thanks. XP Home and 2000 do not describe the same software. XP Home is a MS Windows version, 2000 is a MS Office version. I would download the viewer and give ita try. I expect it will work. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ XP Home & Windows 2000 are both operating systems. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "BrianB" <BrianB.ymivb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Brian...

How can I publish Photos in the e-mail newsletter
I don't see my images on the newsletter when I send them. I can see all the information but no photos. What's wrong??? thanks ...