highlighting #2

I was told that although that there is no official
highlight button for publisher like there is for word but
there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003
version of publisher. does anyone know the trick.
0
anonymous (74717)

Make a small box and fill it with whatever color you want. Place it behind
your text and then group it with your text.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was told that although that there is no official
> highlight button for publisher like there is for word but
> there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003
> version of publisher. does anyone know the trick.

---

jl_amerson (3088)

upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0 #2
I am upgrading from version 1.2 to version 2.0 and I have a couple of questions about the upgrade. 1) Is there any step by step or relevant documentation on this upgrade? 2) do I need to upgrade to v1.3 before going directly to 2.0? 3) can I install 2.0 on a box that doesn't have any RMS loaded already? 4) What is the most difficult part of the upgrade (hardware,settings,etc)? Thanks for your time. ...

Small Business Financials #2
Not sure if anyone here has used SBF yet but I'm trying to import Vendor master data using the Import Wizard and Excel template provided with SBF. After selecting the source file in the Wizard, I click "next" and get a pop up message saying "Performing Analysis of Source File". The process stops here and I can go no further. I've checked, double checked, and triple checked to make sure the required fields in the template are filled in and filled properly. Yet I still can't import the data. There's nothing in Knowledge Base or Automated Solutions related...

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

Excel problem #2
When I start excel is wants to open all the files in the directory automatically. This is a big pain, is there anything I can do outside of removing Office 2000 and reinstalling? Thanks in advance Excel will open all the files in your XLStart folder and all the files specified in: Tools|Options|General Tab: "at startup, open all files in:" <xl2002 wording> "Alternate Startup File location" <before xl2002 wording> Erase what you typed in there. (don't delete the files/folder--just the reference to it.) Sport wrote: > > When I start excel is...

highlight
Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up a rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did in O! - can anyone tell me? TIA You can set flags on messages from certain senders. You can set the color of the font used in the list view using Conditional Formatting: View menu > Arrange by > Current View > Customize Current View > Automatic Formatting "Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message news:3fab5eb8@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can&...

New message #2
I don't seem to be able to save my template ( with a footer disclaimer) so that it opens every time I hit the new message button. Can anyone help and tell me where the actual new message template is and what its called. Thanks I always used the "signature" section to put footer advertising or disclaimers. You can have multiple accounts and signatures and when you open a new email, it will open with the "Default" account and signature but you can change accounts using the button on the menu bar of the newly opened email. -- Lenny V "Arlene" wrote:...

get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates
Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? Thanks, Racsus (Racsus@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? DECLARE @offset int, @day varchar(10) SELECT @day = 'Tuesday' SELECT @offset = CASE @day WHEN 'Monday' THEN 1 WHEN 'Tuesday' THEN 2 WHEN 'Mittwoch' THEN 3 WHEN 'Thursday' THEN 4 WHEN 'Friday' THEN 5 ...

Restore Issue #2
Hello All: Having a problem restoring a database backed up with NT backup. The error I keep getting is: Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is a12b3cfb-292f-41b7-aa41-7391f464400d. Database specified on backup media is Mailbox Store3 (EXCH-1), error is 0xc7fe1f42. The backup media is obviously seeing the name incorrectly. How can i correct this. Thanks What should the db name be? Have you tested backups before because the backup may be corrupt. Nue "JS" <no@none.com> wrote in...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

double quotes when saving as CSV or tab-delimited #2
Excel adds double quotes when an entry contains special characters when saving as CSV or tab delimited, microsoft publishes a macro to fix this, but I am having trouble with it, any other solutions? Support.microsoft.com/kb/104997 thanks See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <1181245874.935666.188310@p47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>, alanwolf1972@hotmail.com wrote: > Excel adds double quotes when an entry contains special characters > when saving as CSV or tab delimited, microsoft publishes a macro to > fix this, but I am having trouble with it, an...

Get $500 To Your PAYPAL Account In Just A Minutes #2
Do you need some extra money right now? Would you be interested to get $500 daily Paypal Money through some genuine tricks from home internet ? Get Money Online for FREE! Get started in the next few minutes without FEES..... Yes Absolutely ... This TRICK is absolutely FREE for all..... See the FORM for details on how to get $500 to your account. Due to some Premises I Have Hidden the FORM in an IMAGE ...... CLICK on the IMAGE which is BELOW the SEARCH BOX http://www.webinfos4all.euro.st ...

Check out critical pack for Windows #2
--egkqcwypg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yliiveohskvip"; type="multipart/alternative" --yliiveohskvip Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rwqnzxvkhh" --rwqnzxvkhh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the sec...

2 questions
Hi, My first question is about Money 2003. Is it normal for it to add transaction to the register that haven't happened yet? This morning I noticed that Money had entered the amount (for arguements sake) of $25.00 in the name of one of my credit cards. I have seen this happen a time or 2 before. What is causing this? My second question is: Is Money 2005 web based? if so I have no interest in it. Thanks, Al 2 answers: a1) IF the transaction is scheduled and is set to enter automatically x days prior, THEN yes it is normal. Edit your scheduled transactions and look for this case a...

Exchange performance #2
Hi, I ran performance analyser tool for exchange, and reported no issues, however, when I ran performance counter to monitor disk activity, I see Avg Disk que lenght indicator bar at the top constantly and shows avg. 27-28 Avg disk Bytes.write high 13, 777 avg.disk bytes/read constant about 4000, windows task manager shows that MSSEARCH.EXE taking up IO/read bytes= 14,600,000,000 and I/O write bytes=6,990,731,000 Store.exe taking up IO/read bytes= 39,5600,000,000 and I/O write bytes=2573,000,000,000 no backups running, but only full text indexing is running I have gone thru best practices...

POS 2.0 - USB Printer
We are using an SNBC USB thermal printer. When we installed the OPOS driver that came with it, everything worked fine.....for a while. Then system became extreamely unstable and crashed very often (like every 10 transaction or so). We changed to the Windows USB printer driver (NO OPOS) and it solved our crashing and instability problem. Now when we charge a credit card, the receipt that prints is on one page, instead of 2. It used to cut the printed receipt and the receipt the customer signs, but now it prints 1 continuous receipt with one cut at the end. Any suggestions? Haik, Look t...

LOG SCALE #2
Hello, I made clustered bar graph with data and error bar and then click log scale on Y-axis. some bar toward left and some bar to right. However, the direction of error bar which is in bar toward left go toward right. Can I make error bar toward left side on left bar of log scale. Also, all labels go to left side when I change to log scale. it looks ok. However some of them slightly cover bar graph. How I can control this? Thanks Hi, The problem is negative values on a log scale. If you try setting the Minimum Scale value to -100 for example you will get a error message explaining t...

highlighting #2
I was told that although that there is no official highlight button for publisher like there is for word but there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003 version of publisher. does anyone know the trick. Make a small box and fill it with whatever color you want. Place it behind your text and then group it with your text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa701c4496a$65af12f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I was told that although that there is no official > highlight button for publish...

Hyperlink in Footer #2
Is this possible? If not, is there a way of changing the font when you assign a hyperlin to a group of words? I would like the keep the font bolded Arial bu when you assign a hyperlink to it, it switches automatically to norma and underline (so you know it's a hyperlink-- but I will know what i already). Is this possible? Finally, on an unrelated question, how do you get the forumla/type/tex bar to show up on the Toolbar? I can't see when I'm making correction what the text says very easily. I somehow lost this toolbar function. TIA -- sabunab -------------------------...

CRM Security Service will not start #2
I added an ip address to my CRM server and now the CRM Sercurity Service will not start. I changed the ip address back to the way it was and still no luck. This is the error I get when I try to manually start the service. The Microsoft CRM Security Service service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. When I try to log into CRM I get the following error: Service not running. The Microsoft CRM server or security service has been disabled or has not yet started. For more information, contact your syst...

can't highlight cell
When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the cell or it's formula itself. Help! Tools>Options, Edit tab, check Edit directly in cell -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "MM" <MM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3883756F-29AC-482D-8205-F61892E8523D@microsoft.com... > When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. > Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the &...

Signatures in Outlook 2003 #2
I'm using Outlook 2003, i have just created a couple of signature to attach to different email accounts that i have but for some reason the signaures are not being added at all when I go to that specific email account. All emails are being sent in HTML and using Windows XP Pro with SP2. You must be using WordMail and have a default signature set for every account. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "si" <si@dot.com>...

Text highlighting in a TreeList?
Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possible to add some text highlighting to some of the lines, like changing the color, or making it bold? (There's no indication I can find in my Newcomer book that this is possible, but it's a 9 year old book.) Yes. Owner-draw/Custom-draw tree controls did not exist when I wrote that chapter of the book. Now you would handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification and handle them otherwise like most owner-draw controls. joe On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possib...

Money 95 #2
At least, I think it was called Money 95. I know for sure it's Microsoft Money version 5.0. Windows 98 has served me well, and I never had any reason to upgrade. I use Money 95 with Win98, and that, too, has done what I need, so I never had reason to upgrade. Soon I think I may need to upgrade my operating system to Vista. Will I be able to run Money 95 on Vista? The software is not on CD but on a 3.5 disk I got at my bank. I realize computers don't have an A drive nowadays. If Money 95 WILL run on Vista, can I install it with an external A drive? I have an external A drive f...

REstore #2
I wonder if you can help me, A couple of weeks ago I found how to restore the configuration to how it was at a previous date (you select the date,time, etc.). I need to do this again but can't remember or find how I did it! I hope you can help! You can get access to your system restore by going to Start, Then Accessories, then system tools to system restore. Hope this answers your question. >-----Original Message----- >I wonder if you can help me, > >A couple of weeks ago I found how to restore the >configuration to how it was at a previous date (you >sel...

highlight color using keyboard(shortcut)
Could you please tell me how to use keyboard (short cut) to highligh color for any cell or row in excell without moving a mouse to color ta in tool bar menue. Thank you for your help Vicki ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Fairly long key sequence to do it through the menu, rather impractical... my suggestion is to record a marco and assign it a keyboard shortcut. Nikos Y.(nyannaco at in dot gr) >-----Original Message----- > >Could you please ...