Highlight Cells with different values

Hi,

I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use the
F5---Special---Column Differences. But I wanted to know if I can do it with
Conditional Formatting. Like if Value in A1 is different than the values in
Column A:A, then it is highlighted...

Any help appreciated

Fuad
0
Fuad (3)

Sounds like an Excel question..try one of the Excel newsgroups, this one is
for Publisher.

"Fuad" <Fuad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use the
| F5---Special---Column Differences. But I wanted to know if I can do it
with
| Conditional Formatting. Like if Value in A1 is different than the values
in
| Column A:A, then it is highlighted...
|
| Any help appreciated
|
| Fuad

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

summing values in certain months
I have used the count number of dates appears in certain months: =sum((month(a2:a11)=b2)*(year(a2:a11)=c2)*1) quite successfuly. Now I need to add the values in another column fo that month. So in other words, search column a2 to a11 with the dat specified and if there is a value in column d then add all the value together and give me a total money received for that month. Thi should be easy, but I seem to be stuck, I have problems with arrays i that this workbook is shared and will only let me edit arrays if unshare the workbook. i would appreciate any help anyone can give me. thanks a...

highlighting #2
I was told that although that there is no official highlight button for publisher like there is for word but there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003 version of publisher. does anyone know the trick. Make a small box and fill it with whatever color you want. Place it behind your text and then group it with your text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa701c4496a$65af12f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I was told that although that there is no official > highlight button for publish...

Constant Values
I am trying to assign constant values to the heading of a spreadsheet that I am creating so that when I put in the quantity of product that someone order is will automatically calculate the total cost for that one product, any suggestions? Total cost = qty * price A1 = qty 10 B1 = price 10.00 C1 = total cost formula =A1*B1 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to assign constant values to the heading of a spreadsheet that I am creating so that when I put in the quantity of product that someone order is will automatically calculate the total cost for that one product, an...

Writing Localized Strings In Cells Using Automation
Hola People, I have written a VB6 application that populates cells in an excel document with text. The user of the VB6 application selects which language the text should be in. I have created a satellite DLL for each language. Initially, when I would run the VB6 application, the text was always in english, regardless of the language selected. Then I started using the Win32 function "WideCharToMultiByte" to use a different codepage. Now the text is always written in traditional chinese, regardless of which language / Codepage the user selects. I would like to know if anyone has an...

Cell context menu in XL2007
As I understand from various postings in this forum, we can not create any custom toolbars or icons in xl2007. But Is it possible to add custom icon to run a macro in cell context menu (cell right click menu) by a add-in in VB6? If yes pl point me to a sample code if available. I am trying to make com addin in vb6 with help of example on Chip's site and need to provide a button in rightclick menu to users for accessing the code. Regards, Madiya See this page for example code http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/right-click.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Ma...

how do i use arrow keys to move from cell to cell
how do i use the arrow keys to move from cell to cell in XL2003....my arrow keys only move my scroll bars kiki You might try touching your scroll lock key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "kikikranx" <kikikranx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D693A58E-9164-45C8-B047-9211115D3A16@microsoft.com... > how do i use the arrow keys to move from cell to cell in XL2003....my arrow > keys only move my scroll bars > > kiki kiki Tap your ScrLk(scroll lock) key to toggle out of this mode. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:47...

highlight
Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up a rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did in O! - can anyone tell me? TIA You can set flags on messages from certain senders. You can set the color of the font used in the list view using Conditional Formatting: View menu > Arrange by > Current View > Customize Current View > Automatic Formatting "Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message news:3fab5eb8@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can&...

how to move cells from down to across
Morning- How can I move cells that are likethis: Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 Row 1 Blue 7 1020 Row 2 Red 8 512 Row 3 Pink 11 718 Row 4 Blue 15 1122 Into: Col 1 Col 2 Col 2 Col 3 Col 4 Row 1 7 8 11 15 Row 2 Blue 1020 1122 Row 3 Red 512 Row 4 Pink 718 I hope this is clear enough for you. I'm at a loss. Many Thanks! Sarah Is that data really numeric? If yes, you could add a header row to your data. Color Value1 ...

Challenging problem! Recording the time in an adjacent cell when text is entered
Does anyone have a way of using excel as follows: if I enter text in say cell A1 how can I ask excel to record the exact time I entered that text (in minutes and seconds) in say cell B1 I assume you can use the clock on your computer or maybe a stopwatch VBA plug in that counts time up or down in excel?? The reason for this is I'm wanting to use excel, run on my laptop, to record when various events happen on the basketball court such as an intercept, basket in the circle, basket outside the circle etc. Cheers, Snowy Australia. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ M...

"too many different cell formats"
When trying to open a file, the above erroe message is displayed and the file will not open. Is it at all possible to open the file or is it "lost forever"? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks Hi Cindy, You can search Google Groups on your error message http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Search all words: "Too Many Different Cell Formats" author: Leo Heuser Since the answers you are looking for have been posted by Leo Heuser I included his name as author for your search as well as shown above to see if the...

date value
hi all, can anyone tell me which formula shows the value of a date? Mosaddeq is this u r trying say ? =3DDATEVALUE("29-NOV-08") On Nov 29, 11:17=A0pm, "Mosaddeq Aziz" <mosaddeq.a...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi all, > > can anyone tell me which formula shows the value of a date? > > Mosaddeq =today() will always update to show today's date. Mosaddeq Aziz wrote: > > hi all, > > can anyone tell me which formula shows the value of a date? > > Mosaddeq -- Dave Peterson Hi, It's not clear what you are asking! But to...

Using the same cell
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel If i have values in a column and want to copy those values over and over again how do I do it? Say that cell e6 has a value of cell e2 (it actually has "e2" in the cell) and the value in cell e2 is $100. I wish to copy the value of e6 to columns f thru z, but want the value copied to be e6 (otherwise they would change to f6, g6, etc). That way if I change the value of e2, every cell with e6 in it will change too. It seems to me that I used to enclose the value in quotes or parenthesis and that would copy over ...

can't highlight cell
When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the cell or it's formula itself. Help! Tools>Options, Edit tab, check Edit directly in cell -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "MM" <MM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3883756F-29AC-482D-8205-F61892E8523D@microsoft.com... > When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. > Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the &...

pie charts automatically exclude zero values
I have a range based on which a pie chart is shown. I do not want the cells containing zero values in the range to be considered or shown in the pie chart automatically. How do I do this This link shows how you might set this up: http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/pie_chart_exclude_zero_values/ -- John Mansfield cellmatrix.net "Cris" wrote: > I have a range based on which a pie chart is shown. I do not want the cells > containing zero values in the range to be considered or shown in the pie > chart automatically. How do I do this ...

Select column with highest value
Hi, How do I get the desired result for the following sample Table1 data: Source Table: Table1 Columns: Mukey State L11 L12 L21 L22 m657753 AL 8.00 0.00 5.00 1.00 m657753 TN 0.00 1.00 3.00 0.00 m657754 AL 1.00 6.00 2.00 27.00 M657754 TN 0.00 4.00 1.00 5.00 Desired result: Target Table: Table2 Columns: Mukey State LandUse ...

Protect Cells #3
Is there a way to protect / unprotect multiple sheets at the same time. If not, any suggestions about the next best thing. Appreciate the help. Jon JT, you can with a macro, like this Sub protect_sheets() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ws.Protect Next ws End Sub Sub unprotect_sheets() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ws.Unprotect Next ws End Sub Or with password Sub protect_sheets() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ws.Protect password:="123" Next ws End Sub Sub unprotect_sheets() Dim w...

Text highlighting in a TreeList?
Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possible to add some text highlighting to some of the lines, like changing the color, or making it bold? (There's no indication I can find in my Newcomer book that this is possible, but it's a 9 year old book.) Yes. Owner-draw/Custom-draw tree controls did not exist when I wrote that chapter of the book. Now you would handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification and handle them otherwise like most owner-draw controls. joe On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possib...

Unlock based on cell colour
Hi I have a spreadsheet with input cells coloured blue. I need a macro to unlock all blue cells. I know I need to use Colorindex but I can't work out how to put it all together. Many thanks Something like this. With Sheets("Sheet1") ..Unprotect For Each c In .Range("A2:F100") If c.ColorIndex = 5 Then c.Locked = False End If Next ..Protect End With "violasrbest" <violasrbest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDBE053D-66C2-46C7-B66C-85EEE3FF0918@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have a ...

highlight color using keyboard(shortcut)
Could you please tell me how to use keyboard (short cut) to highligh color for any cell or row in excell without moving a mouse to color ta in tool bar menue. Thank you for your help Vicki ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Fairly long key sequence to do it through the menu, rather impractical... my suggestion is to record a marco and assign it a keyboard shortcut. Nikos Y.(nyannaco at in dot gr) >-----Original Message----- > >Could you please ...

highlights
Hi all Can you help me and tell me if this is at all possible using conditional formatting or a formula I4 is to equal to b4 times c4. If d4 is not the same as i4 then d4 needs to highlight in red. However if d4 is a negative number then d4 should remain normal, not highlighted. Thank You Shorty, =AND(D4>=0, D4<>I4) -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Shorty" <Mysteryjim@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:i6I2e.8230$zl.6378@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > Hi all > > Can ...

sum based on content of other cells
Cells A7:A49 have pull downs with 20 categories to pick from. Cells H7:H49 has the value in hours spent on that category. I would like to get the sum of hours based on each category, and put this value in another cell. Can someone please help me with this ? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You want to use the Sumif function. >-----Original Message----- >Cells A7:A49 have pull downs with 20 categories to pick from. >Cells H7:H49 has th...

??send a picture to a cell phone
How can i send a picture from windows publisher to a cell phone? I have windows xp. The friend i want to send pic to is on my buddy list on yahoo and I can send a sms message but not sure if or how to include a picture. I also have cell phone . PLEASE HELP!!!! You may not be able to. And even if you could send a picture, there's no guarantee that your friend's phone can receive them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "beeotch1" <beeotch1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

how do I split cells in Publisher 2003?
You can only split cells if the cells has been merged. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "CalendarGirl" <CalendarGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC01F718-FFAA-432D-8A1E-77FFE6B239E5@microsoft.com... > ...

Cells Changing Links
Hi, The links to web pages that I am putting in cells seem to stay in the original cell position even after sorting with my excel 2003. For instance, A1 may have a link to website #1, and A2 has a link to website #2, and A3 has a link to website #3. After re-sorting column A, A1 still contains the link to website #1, even though the data in A1 moved to A3. The data formerly in A1 is now in A3 and is linked to website #3 even though it was linked to website #1 before sorting. Does this make sense? It's as if the link will never leave its original position. Is this a problem or is this...