Help website veering to the left what to do?

   Is there a way to make it so the webpage always centers itself in the
middle of the browser, in stead of looking like it's being pulled to the left
if the browser window is opened up large?
   Drew.
0
Drew (58)

Publisher left justifies the web pages by default, and if you are using 2003
or 2007, there is no way to center the web pages at this point. The best you
can do is simulate centering. Reference: Understanding background padding in
a Publisher web (aka white space) :
http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80563.aspx

If you are using Pub 2000 or 2002 there is a way to center the pages.

If you have any further web related questions please post your questions in
the web design group at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and we will try
to help you there.

DavidF

"Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>   Is there a way to make it so the webpage always centers itself in the
> middle of the browser, in stead of looking like it's being pulled to the
> left
> if the browser window is opened up large?
>   Drew.

0
Nope8657 (939)
9/18/2007 3:45:49 AM
Why do so many people want to centre their web page?
Having what you are reading start on the left of the page is the norm in
the English speaking  world.
Why on earth would you want your page centered so that the reader may
have to scroll either right or left to read it all?
After about the second scroll action the content better be good or a lot
of readers will be gone never to return.

John G.

"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Publisher left justifies the web pages by default, and if you are
> using 2003 or 2007, there is no way to center the web pages at this
> point. The best you can do is simulate centering. Reference:
> Understanding background padding in a Publisher web (aka white space)
> :
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80563.aspx
>
> If you are using Pub 2000 or 2002 there is a way to center the pages.
>
> If you have any further web related questions please post your
> questions in the web design group at
> microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and we will try to help you
> there.
>
> DavidF
>
> "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>   Is there a way to make it so the webpage always centers itself in
>> the
>> middle of the browser, in stead of looking like it's being pulled to
>> the left
>> if the browser window is opened up large?
>>   Drew.

0
Greentest1 (225)
9/18/2007 6:01:32 AM
And I should have said:- microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign is always
a better place to discuss web design issues.

John G.

"John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Why do so many people want to centre their web page?
> Having what you are reading start on the left of the page is the norm
> in the English speaking  world.
> Why on earth would you want your page centered so that the reader may
> have to scroll either right or left to read it all?
> After about the second scroll action the content better be good or a
> lot of readers will be gone never to return.
>
> John G.
>
> "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Publisher left justifies the web pages by default, and if you are
>> using 2003 or 2007, there is no way to center the web pages at this
>> point. The best you can do is simulate centering. Reference:
>> Understanding background padding in a Publisher web (aka white space)
>> :
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80563.aspx
>>
>> If you are using Pub 2000 or 2002 there is a way to center the pages.
>>
>> If you have any further web related questions please post your
>> questions in the web design group at
>> microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and we will try to help you
>> there.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>   Is there a way to make it so the webpage always centers itself in
>>> the
>>> middle of the browser, in stead of looking like it's being pulled to
>>> the left
>>> if the browser window is opened up large?
>>>   Drew.

0
Greentest1 (225)
9/18/2007 6:41:08 AM
On Sep 18, 1:01 am, "John G" <Greent...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Why on earth would you want your page centered so that the reader may
> have to scroll either right or left to read it all?

You apparently have no clue what "centered" means.

0
pauld1943 (45)
9/18/2007 6:43:07 AM
Hi John G,

Your question and point is valid. If a person were to center the content of
their page on a fixed width web page that is wider than the browser window,
then you would have to scroll horizontally, and you would alienate many
viewers.

What people are asking for is variable, relative positioning of their fixed
width web page, so that no matter what size the browser window is, the
content of the page is centered in that window. When done properly, there is
no need for horizontal scrolling. Others ask to take it one step further and
want the page width, content and layout to be totally variable so that it
automagically adjusts and fills the browser window regardless of the size.
Publisher has no built-in capability of doing either.

Publisher produces a fixed width web page with absolute positioning that is
left justified. If the typical Publisher web page is 760 pixels wide, left
justified and viewed on a large monitor and a full screen browser window,
all that "white space", or "padding" to the right of the content is
disconcerting to many. They think that having the page centered in the
browser window looks better. It is a matter of taste. The link I provided is
an article by David Bartosik that explains all this much better than I can,
and how to simulate a centered page with Publisher.

DavidF

"John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Why do so many people want to centre their web page?
> Having what you are reading start on the left of the page is the norm in
> the English speaking  world.
> Why on earth would you want your page centered so that the reader may have
> to scroll either right or left to read it all?
> After about the second scroll action the content better be good or a lot
> of readers will be gone never to return.
>
> John G.
>
> "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Publisher left justifies the web pages by default, and if you are using
>> 2003 or 2007, there is no way to center the web pages at this point. The
>> best you can do is simulate centering. Reference: Understanding
>> background padding in a Publisher web (aka white space) :
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80563.aspx
>>
>> If you are using Pub 2000 or 2002 there is a way to center the pages.
>>
>> If you have any further web related questions please post your questions
>> in the web design group at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and we
>> will try to help you there.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>   Is there a way to make it so the webpage always centers itself in the
>>> middle of the browser, in stead of looking like it's being pulled to the
>>> left
>>> if the browser window is opened up large?
>>>   Drew.

0
Nope8657 (939)
9/18/2007 1:30:46 PM
On Sep 18, 1:41 am, "John G" <Greent...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> And I should have said:- microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign is always
> a better place to discuss web design issues.

You also shouldn't have posted your rant about centering a web page.

It was meaningless to anyone who knows the meaning of "centering".

0
pauld1943 (45)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Hacking keystrokes left behind by IE
I have a tech who said he got a password used on a mesh (wireless) network browser interface. To access the mesh admin page you must use a web interface. This is the techs answer on how he did it... *******************************************************8 Our tech needed the pw to install the replacement antenna/switch (last week) at the building. My tech, Mike said retrieving the pw from the DVR hard drive isn’t a flaw in XP. He said he would not be able to ‘hack’ this remotely. But this could be done with any operating system if you have physical control of the PC (DVR)....

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...

Help -- Help -- Help
Hi, I am having a lot of trouble with Outlook. I understand the other Microsoft programs, but for some reason I can't get Outlook. Does anyone know of any books that really breakdown the concepts of Outlook? Thank you. Donald Donald8044 wrote: > Hi, > > I am having a lot of trouble with Outlook. > > I understand the other Microsoft programs, but for some reason I > can't get Outlook. > > Does anyone know of any books that really breakdown the concepts of > Outlook? > > Thank you. > > Donald Umm what exactly do you mean - "but for some...

Drop Down Menu Help #2
Leave a blank row? How would I do that? For the drop down, I use th validation function, and it lets you list what you put in to the dro down and you have to separate it by commas. a,b,c,d, ect. How would do what you are suggesting -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27475 Then you follow Debra's suggestion. I took for granted that you were using a list contained in a named range, where ...

Help, please: sorting the Legend
I'm lucky if I use 10% of the power of Excel. I would be grateful for advice. Ten salesmen on a team. At the end of each month, their cumulative totals for the year are updated. The spreadsheet gets re-sorted, showing their standing in rank order. Simple enough. At the beginning of the year, I created a line chart to track each person's progress. I initially listed the names in alphabetical order and defined the series accordingly. The problem comes when I do the end of the month re-sort. The names in the Legend are no longer in alphabetical order but neither do they correctly corres...