HELP!! Publisher won't open

I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program
opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program
closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as
I click on something, it closes down.
This is a relatively new computer running  Windows XP Media Center. I have
been able to access my existing file before on this system.
Can someone please help?

Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled?

Insert your 2000 disk, select repair.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"hornplayer" <hornplayer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program
> opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program
> closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as
> I click on something, it closes down.
> This is a relatively new computer running  Windows XP Media Center. I have
> been able to access my existing file before on this system.
> Can someone please help?

0
mary-sauer (6479)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Publisher 2003: Windows Installer error 1635
Publisher 2003 and the rest of Office 11 is also installed, Windows XP Home SP1 In Publisher > New Publication > Business forms > Invoice > I get several choices, but when I try to load one of them, I get the error alerts: "Publisher cannot run this wizard. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" When I try to install even with the Office CD inserted . "Publisher cannot run this wizard. Microsoft Office Publisher cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1635." It seems I used to have no problem ins...

Publisher Pictures
I cannot see inserted jpg pictures in my publisher documents. The documents print the pictures ok, and I can see the placeholders. I tried inserting the same picture in MS Word and it show ok. I tried the tools-macro-security-trusted publishers-check box "trust all installed addins & templates." This did not help. Gerry ERABroker <ERABroker@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I cannot see inserted jpg pictures in my publisher documents. The > documents print the pictures ok, and I can see the placeholders. I > tried inserting th...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Publisher (PUB) file viewer?
How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without having the actual software? You don't. You can't. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Steezy20" <Steezy20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75144304-0B4C-4EED-B4F7-614D6085FD65@microsoft.com... > How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without having > the > actual software? Steezy20 wrote: > How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without > having the actual software? Look, you l...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

Set curdir from where template was opened
I have an app where there is a templete that resides in a directory, under this directory is a data storage folder, the location of the template can change. Part of the code builds the require directory structure below the template location. Is there a way to set the curdir to where the workbook was opened from ie: where template sits? I am interupting the save process so I can set the name of the file depending on values within a worksheet, it needs to default to the "place where template is"\datastore\"Name I define".xls TIA W Code below FYI: Sub Workbook_Be...

help me #2

Opening a file with a Macro
To open files with a macro, I am currently using: Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\file_path.xls" How can I use a variable as part of the file path? In other words, before I try to open the file in my VBA code I will set a variable (let's call it date_extension). Then I want to open a file that I know will exist with a file path whose final characters before the .xls will be the date_extension. How can I get the file path to be recognized with the variable? Thanks for your help (P.S. I am a total novice, so I may not be familiar with commands or procedures that are fair...

can't publish
I just tried to publish my site after updating it -- new page, text, photos, links -- did update hyperlinks. I get the following message. Is it on my site or my host's side? Server error: The page Thumbs.db has been modified by (unknown) on 14 Feb 2010 19:10:44 -0500. Thank you. It's you: When you open a folder in Thumbnails view, Windows creates a Thumbs.db file. For example, if you use Windows Explorer to open a folder in Thumbnails view, Windows creates a Thumbs.db file in that folder. Delete the Thumbs.db files that are contained in folders on the Web site ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...