Help printing with Publisher

Hi

I've just installed the trial of Publisher 2010 and I'm trying to print a
voucher template to an A4 sheet of paper. I can only print it with the
voucher showing in the middle of the page, how do I get it to move the
voucher to the top of the page?

Create a paper size (to the size of the voucher) in the Printer Setup.
Now create a paper size in the Page Setup.

With A4 paper in the printer, print the voucher.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Virgin Media" <nospam@ta.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've just installed the trial of Publisher 2010 and I'm trying to print a
> voucher template to an A4 sheet of paper. I can only print it with the
> voucher showing in the middle of the page, how do I get it to move the
> voucher to the top of the page?

0
Engineer5094 (821)
8/30/2011 6:39:06 PM
Hi Don

Thanks for the reply but I'm a real noob here.

I have the voucher on screen ready to print so select File/Print. I see a
representation of the page with the voucher in the centre (why it can't be
dragged to the top of the page is a mystery). I then select Printer
Properties (Dell 1320C) and select A5 instead of A4 and the voucher gets
split between two pages (Doh) so I have to change it to Landscape. You say
to then create a paper size in the 'Page Setup' but where is Page Setup? I
can see 'Settings' with Print All Pages, One Page Per Sheet, the A5 I just
selected in my Printer Properties etc., but I can find no way to change
anything that would move the voucher to the top of the page or anything
relevant to printing at the top of the page.

I must be missing something here but I can't see myself buying software
that's so unintuitive

"Don Schmidt"  wrote in message

Create a paper size (to the size of the voucher) in the Printer Setup.
Now create a paper size in the Page Setup.

With A4 paper in the printer, print the voucher.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Virgin Media" <nospam@ta.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've just installed the trial of Publisher 2010 and I'm trying to print a
> voucher template to an A4 sheet of paper. I can only print it with the
> voucher showing in the middle of the page, how do I get it to move the
> voucher to the top of the page?

Ah, I think I'm getting there, under Settings/Pages I changed it from One
page per sheet to Multiple copies per sheet and the coupon moved further up
the page.

sumifs help

Help !

Publisher 2003: Windows Installer error 1635
Publisher 2003 and the rest of Office 11 is also installed, Windows XP Home SP1 In Publisher > New Publication > Business forms > Invoice > I get several choices, but when I try to load one of them, I get the error alerts: "Publisher cannot run this wizard. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" When I try to install even with the Office CD inserted . "Publisher cannot run this wizard. Microsoft Office Publisher cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1635." It seems I used to have no problem ins...

Help with this thing

Publisher Pictures
I cannot see inserted jpg pictures in my publisher documents. The documents print the pictures ok, and I can see the placeholders. I tried inserting the same picture in MS Word and it show ok. I tried the tools-macro-security-trusted publishers-check box "trust all installed addins & templates." This did not help. Gerry ERABroker <ERABroker@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I cannot see inserted jpg pictures in my publisher documents. The > documents print the pictures ok, and I can see the placeholders. I > tried inserting th...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Publisher (PUB) file viewer?
How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without having the actual software? You don't. You can't. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Steezy20" <Steezy20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75144304-0B4C-4EED-B4F7-614D6085FD65@microsoft.com... > How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without having > the > actual software? Steezy20 wrote: > How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without > having the actual software? Look, you l...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

Program a macro to print
I have an employee expense report that contains employee information in the first five rows. The rows 6 through 30 are blank and for the employee to fill in (or add additional rows if necessary) with a list of their expenses. In rows 31 - 37, there is information that the employee acknowledges that the expenses listed in the rows are true and incurred on behalf of his/her job duties. I have a macro that automatically prints this worksheet. If the employee doesn't have enough expenses to fill all the rows between 6 and 30, I would like to create a routine in my macro...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Sorting Payables Cheques when Printing
In the Edit Payables Cheque window, there is a 'Sort Documents on Remittance by:' field that defaults to Date. I would prefer for it to always default to Number (the second choice). Is there a way to permanently set this without having to manually update it each time I enter the screen? Thanks Yes, you need to use VBA. Do you own Modifier? "Adam" wrote: > In the Edit Payables Cheque window, there is a 'Sort Documents on Remittance > by:' field that defaults to Date. I would prefer for it to always default to > Number (the second choice...

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

Publisher 2002 #9
What is an MHT file and how do I create or save in that format. I created a two page document and I am trying to insert a hyperlink to the second page so that when I send the document as an email the recipients are able to navigate to the second page. I am able to view the link and the second page in the webpage preview but not as an email. If you are sending your publication as a rich (HTML) email, you cannot include any pages other than the first. You can, however, use an MHT file. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view t...