Help! How do I change this back to a printed publication?

I have Publisher 98 and I was trying to save a file so that I could email a
copy of my newsletter to one of my subscribers.  She doesn't have Publisher,
so I thought to save the file as an HTML file and mail it to her that way.

Only now, I can't bring my file up on a two page layout view anymore.  And I
can't get it to print right either!  Help!  I just need it to go back to a
regular publication but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it!
 Somebody, please help me!  How do I undo this?
0
Ariel (27)

You could make the page length longer to accommodate the two pages.

Or,

Convert the file to pdf form.

Many folks here like the free primopdf program

www.primopdf.com

My preference is the modest costing PDF-XChange (plus the Tools package)

http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Publisher 98 and I was trying to save a file so that I could email a
> copy of my newsletter to one of my subscribers.  She doesn't have
> Publisher,
> so I thought to save the file as an HTML file and mail it to her that way.
>
> Only now, I can't bring my file up on a two page layout view anymore.  And
> can't get it to print right either!  Help!  I just need it to go back to a
> regular publication but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do
> it!
> Somebody, please help me!  How do I undo this?

0
Engineer5094 (821)
5/5/2007 8:56:45 AM
You cannot reverse the HTML in Publisher 98. Did you try copying the
publication, open a new instance of Publisher, paste special, "Publisher
object"? This action should paste the objects without the HTML formatting. (You
can have numerous instances of Publisher open at once).

Are you using Windows XP? Look in your temporary folder, could be Publisher
created a temp file. Type %temp% in the address bar in Windows Explorer. Change
any file with a pub prefix from .tmp to .pub.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Publisher 98 and I was trying to save a file so that I could email a
> copy of my newsletter to one of my subscribers.  She doesn't have Publisher,
> so I thought to save the file as an HTML file and mail it to her that way.
>
> Only now, I can't bring my file up on a two page layout view anymore.  And I
> can't get it to print right either!  Help!  I just need it to go back to a
> regular publication but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it!
> Somebody, please help me!  How do I undo this?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/5/2007 11:45:34 AM
Thank you!  I kept trying to find that answer and it was nowhere in the
documentation!  Very frustrating.

But your answer was spot on.  I created a new document based on my original
template and copied all my text boxes and stories into it.  At least I will
know never to press the 'convert to web' button again!

Thank you!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You cannot reverse the HTML in Publisher 98. Did you try copying the
> publication, open a new instance of Publisher, paste special, "Publisher
> object"? This action should paste the objects without the HTML formatting. (You
> can have numerous instances of Publisher open at once).
>
> Are you using Windows XP? Look in your temporary folder, could be Publisher
> created a temp file. Type %temp% in the address bar in Windows Explorer. Change
> any file with a pub prefix from .tmp to .pub.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Publisher 98 and I was trying to save a file so that I could email a
> > copy of my newsletter to one of my subscribers.  She doesn't have Publisher,
> > so I thought to save the file as an HTML file and mail it to her that way.
> >
> > Only now, I can't bring my file up on a two page layout view anymore.  And I
> > can't get it to print right either!  Help!  I just need it to go back to a
> > regular publication but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it!
> > Somebody, please help me!  How do I undo this?

0
Ariel (27)
5/5/2007 12:51:02 PM
Thank you.  If I'd known there was a program like this, maybe I wouldn't have
been tempted to try and make the file into an HTML.  Thanks for the tip!

Ariel

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> You could make the page length longer to accommodate the two pages.
>
> Or,
>
> Convert the file to pdf form.
>
> Many folks here like the free primopdf program
>
> www.primopdf.com
>
> My preference is the modest costing PDF-XChange (plus the Tools package)
>
> http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Publisher 98 and I was trying to save a file so that I could email a
> > copy of my newsletter to one of my subscribers.  She doesn't have
> > Publisher,
> > so I thought to save the file as an HTML file and mail it to her that way.
> >
> > Only now, I can't bring my file up on a two page layout view anymore.  And
> > can't get it to print right either!  Help!  I just need it to go back to a
> > regular publication but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do
> > it!
> > Somebody, please help me!  How do I undo this?

0
Ariel (27)
5/5/2007 12:53:01 PM
Glad to help. When you converted as a web page, there should have been a query
about saving your publication first.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thank you!  I kept trying to find that answer and it was nowhere in the
> documentation!  Very frustrating.
>
> But your answer was spot on.  I created a new document based on my original
> template and copied all my text boxes and stories into it.  At least I will
> know never to press the 'convert to web' button again!
>
> Thank you!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You cannot reverse the HTML in Publisher 98. Did you try copying the
>> publication, open a new instance of Publisher, paste special, "Publisher
>> object"? This action should paste the objects without the HTML formatting.
>> (You
>> can have numerous instances of Publisher open at once).
>>
>> Are you using Windows XP? Look in your temporary folder, could be Publisher
>> created a temp file. Type %temp% in the address bar in Windows Explorer.
>> Change
>> any file with a pub prefix from .tmp to .pub.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Publisher 98 and I was trying to save a file so that I could email a
>> > copy of my newsletter to one of my subscribers.  She doesn't have
>> > Publisher,
>> > so I thought to save the file as an HTML file and mail it to her that way.
>> >
>> > Only now, I can't bring my file up on a two page layout view anymore.  And
>> > can't get it to print right either!  Help!  I just need it to go back to a
>> > regular publication but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do
>> > it!
>> > Somebody, please help me!  How do I undo this?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

sumifs help

DST Updates applied but Public Folders still show appointments off
I have an SBS 2003 SP1 server with Exchange SP2 installed. I have installed the server OS patch, run the Exchange tool, run the Outlook tool, and applied the Exchange DST patch. My client's Public Folders still shows appointments as one hour off. Can anyone help with this? -- Thanks, Deanna! you ran the Time Zone data update tool for MS Outlook against the Public Folder calendars, explicitly? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Deanna" <Deanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEB13F19-7927-465B-B9C8-631FA2791F4D@microsoft.com... >I have an SBS 2003 SP1 ...

change check box value based on combo box value
I have a form (Form1) with a combo box (Combo43) with three values: Reference 1 Antenatal 1 Quant 1 I also have two check boxes (check36 and check34) What is the best way to implement such that when Reference 1 is selected in the combo box, check34 changes from false to true, and when Antenenal 1 or quant 1 is selected, check 36 changes to true? I've tried something along the lines of, but no luck: Private Sub Combo43_AfterUpdate() If Me.Combo43 = "Reference 1" Then Me.Check32 = True Else Me.Check32 = False End If End Sub I'm a beginner at this, so any help would be ...

Public Folders can't receive email from outside sources.
This is on an exchange 2003 server. When external email is addressed to the public folder the sender gets these messages. I can send to this address from inside without error. Suggestions please. Thanks. Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:30:23 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;SubbasinPlanning@nwppc.org Action: failed Status: 5.2.1 X-Display-Name: Subbasin Planning Download Attachment: attachment21 Attachment21: Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, ...

Help !

Help with this thing

how can I get a cell to change color by date to indicate expiery t
I'm trying to get the cell color to change from green to yellow to red as a date entered in the cell gets closer to that date plus 12 months or 36 months. ie some task was completed on 1 Jan 08 and will last for 24 months so I want the cell to read green if the date is still good turn yellow a month or 2 before it expires and turn red and clear the date if expired. So if the cell is empty it should show red. But I want to be able to update the date the task was completed ie it was completed again on the 15 Dec 10 before it expired so I want the countdown to expiration to restart f...

OWA 2003
how can i configure my OWA to show the reply or forward option in public folders. all i have is "POST Reply". Can i actually reply to the sender of the email message itself? Also, is it possible to configure front-end and the backend in one box? please help TIA On 10 Sep 2004 20:45:36 -0700, google@joriz.is-a-geek.net (Joriz) wrote: >how can i configure my OWA to show the reply or forward option in >public folders. all i have is "POST Reply". Can i actually reply to >the sender of the email message itself? Yes, but the client must be using a front end ser...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

Is there a way to change the return value for and ON_CONTROL() handler to return 0
I have a message map that is using the ON_CONTROL() handler. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a ON_CONTROL_EX() or something like that that allows me to control the return value. I am handling a notification and I am doing some processing, but I need to be able to return a 0 from my handler. Without getting into using a switch statement and a ON_COMMAND() handler, is there a way to do this? Is there some function I can call within my message handler that would set the return value? -- Thanks, Bruce Who is going to see the return code? AliR. "Bruce" <...

Program a macro to print
I have an employee expense report that contains employee information in the first five rows. The rows 6 through 30 are blank and for the employee to fill in (or add additional rows if necessary) with a list of their expenses. In rows 31 - 37, there is information that the employee acknowledges that the expenses listed in the rows are true and incurred on behalf of his/her job duties. I have a macro that automatically prints this worksheet. If the employee doesn't have enough expenses to fill all the rows between 6 and 30, I would like to create a routine in my macro...

Backing up server in another forest (with trust)
I have DPM 2007 with Service Pack1. I am trying to backup data from a server that is in a domain in a different forest from the one that holds the DPM server. ForestA.com - has DPM-01 server as a member of the root domain ForestB.com - has the server FS-01 to be backed up as a member of the root domain. All servers on the network are Windows Server 2008. There is a trust relationship between the two forests. The good news is that we got the backups to work, however the problem is that they fail after a while and we get an "access denied" error from the DPMRA s...

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated