Have URL and Web Server, but can't publish to web from Publisher 2

I have a website already, that I published and put to the web through
Publisher 2000.  With the 2003 version though I cannot send my completed
website to the net.  After entering the filename I am prompted for my Bigpond
username & password.  I have entered these correctly...but the Bigpond prompt
keeps coming up.  Is there a setting that I need to change ?  I have tried
uploading without my firewall, but the result is the same.  I have put this
question to Bigpond as well, and am waiting for my reply.

Thanks for any help
0
Narelle (1)

this thread has moved to appropriate forum.

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
http://www.publishermvps.com
http://www.davidbartosik.com

"Narelle" <Narelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a website already, that I published and put to the web through
> Publisher 2000.  With the 2003 version though I cannot send my completed
> website to the net.  After entering the filename I am prompted for my
> Bigpond
> username & password.  I have entered these correctly...but the Bigpond
> prompt
> keeps coming up.  Is there a setting that I need to change ?  I have tried
> uploading without my firewall, but the result is the same.  I have put
> this
> question to Bigpond as well, and am waiting for my reply.
>
> Thanks for any help

Exchange 2003 upgrade:Out 2001 for Mac doesn't detect new server ?
Darn. I moved a mailbox from an Exch2000 to an Exch2003 box; After 2 hours, I go to the Mac 9.2, Out 2001 for Mac and I see in properties that server is still the Exch2000. I try to access my mailbox and it fails. Anyone there can confirm whether Outlook 2001 for Macs is unable to 'auto' detect the new Exch2003 mailbox server ? ...

dont know my server
I was asked to select my server and i dont know my server. How do i find out what it is Please please please help Thanks Your email account provider has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "Kristin Robinson" wrote in message news:0D000095-C5E5-45E0-892C-A72C2772A0D6@microsoft.com... I was asked to select my server and i dont know my server. How do i find out what it is ...

Margin guides after insert page Publisher 2003
I have a 122 page booklet that I am editing with a mirrrored master page having different inside and outside margins. When I delete a page the text boxes don't show up properly any more since what used to be a left page is now a right page and a right page is now a left page. Is there a simple way around this or am I stuck with "This Page Intentionally Left Blank" or moving all the objects left or right on the succeeding pages? -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers nor flash. Publisher works in groups of four when creating a booklet. You could convert a co...

VB Executable as Web Application
I have good working knowledge of Excel VBA and am thinking of learning to create Web Applications. Without much knowledge in ASP.NET or PHP, and wanting to take the easiest path, I was wondering if it would be easier to just develop VB.NET executable applications (using MS Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition) as web applications. This would of course necessitate users to download the executable file and install it on their computers. Is this practice generally frowned upon, and has anyone gone down this path and with what pros and cons ? Thanks. If you have full trust on the user com...

Show in Groups #2
We recently converted our office from Outlook Express to Outlook. We have many users that do not like the Show In Groups feature. I know this can be turned off from View - Arrange By - Show In Groups. My question is can this be turned off for all email folders at the same time. Many of our users have quite a few folders that were transfered over from Outlook Express and want to turn this off for all folers. Thanks! Kathy - Lovullo <KathyLovullo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently converted our office from Outlook Express to Outlook. We > have many users that...

Convert Publisher Web page for use on Bell (Canada) Web Hosting
I have created my dream web site using Publisher, followed the steps to convert it to a web site. When I try to upload it to my pre-arranged domain, using Firezilla, there is a problem. The Tech assistants at Bell tell be that Publisher is not Bell friendly, but that there is some magical way to create an index file that is acceptable. Does anyone have any insight into this problem? -- Can''t we get together on this If you are talking about http://www.bellhosting.ca/en/index.htm then it appears that the hosting plans have FTP uploading, so you must be making a mistake when u...

Inserting a URL
Hi, I was wondering if Great Plains supports inserting a link into one of the records so the user will be able to look up an Invoice in GP and find a link that will point to some other type of info. So when the user pulls up Invoice Number 123 there will also be a link/URL in one of the fields to http://www.InvoiceInfo123.com Thanks, Andy Andrew, It depends. The italic i icon let's you add links to some records. You may be able to use the Extender product as well. I haven't had time to play with it. The Notes area can be used to attach files or links to files such as Wo...

Publishing your Website
I have created a 10 page website which I would like to publish on my server, but when I upload the site I am only getting the first page on the web. The site works great when I preview my website. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks please review the discussion group menu for publisher, you'll find there is a dedicated forum for web publication topics. please use it for your web questions. refer to http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/01/81270.aspx -- David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.davidbartosik.com "Douglas" wrote: > I hav...

OWA Outlook Web Access Multiple Signatures
Recently (w/in last month) several users have begun experiencing the same intermitent issue: When they compose, reply, or forward email messages using OWA 2003 their stored signature appears twice. Before, OWA worked fine, and when they would compose, reply, or forward a message, the signature would only appear once. Anyone have any ideas, or experiencing the same issue? We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 I believe the SP for Win 2003 is the latest I believe the SP for Exchange 2003 is the latest On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:07:02 -0700, akpsi_daniel <akpsidani...

Printing a bitmap #2
Hi, I'm trying to print out a bitmap using the document/view architecture of MFC. The bitmap looks pretty good on my view class, but does not on the preview window. Can anyone help? The section of the OnDraw function of the view class looks like this void myViewClass:OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { .... CBitmap bitmap; CDC dcMemory; bitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP_GMBH); dcMemory.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); dcMemory.SelectObject(&bitmap); CSize bitSize(117, 96); pDC->DPtoLP(&bitSize); pDC->StretchBlt(nHeaderTextMid - bitSize.cx/2, -720, bitSize.cx, -bitSize...

excel 2002 opens 2 copies of file
What causes excel to open 2 copies of the same file? Are the windows named Filename:1 and Filename:2? Then probably somebody did Window->New Window and saved the file. Next time the file is opened, two windows will open. Close one of the windows and save the file. HTH Anders Silv�n "Brad Chapman" <brad.chapman@weyerhaeuser.com> skrev i meddelandet news:024d01c36cb3$794f93f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > What causes excel to open 2 copies of the same file? ...

configuring outlook for exchange server 2--3
When adding an exchange server to outlook, outlook cannot contact the exchange server by dns name or by ip address, yet from the command prompt the pc can ping the ip address and and resolve the dns name of the exchange server. The error message says that outlook could not resolve the address. Have tried reinstalling outlook 2003, no difference. This is not common to all PCs, which are all 2k sp4. It is not a mailbox problem! Any ideas?? You've established that it is not the server so it must be the client. Any AV with port blocking rules? This would explain the ping and name ...

IF Statement #2
I am trying to create an "IF" statement whose value is contingent upon a range of cells. Basically, I have 5 cells with 5 different dates. I also have a cell which is designated to search the 5 date cells ("IF" statement) and if one of the cells has a date less than or equal to today's date...I want my "IF" statement to notify me. Right now, I can only search one cell. Any suggestions? One way: =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A5,"<=" & TODAY())>0,"Be notified", "") In article <82AA6FAF-FCE1-4902-9A37-EF91AB6B5F5A@micr...

cannot open email sent in publisher
I made up a newsletter in publisher 2003 and no one I email to can open it. Could some one help ? What format are you sending? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C91F690-E91B-421C-912A-46C0AB8860C9@microsoft.com... >I made up a newsletter in publisher 2003 and no one I email to can open it. > Could some one help ? Only those with your or newer version will be able to open your Publisher files. Your best method would be convert the file to pdf format and send it as an attachment. There ar...

Help!!! Outlook Web Access not accessable
10-05-04 I posted this last Friday, and only got one reply. I really need help with this, so I'm posting it again, figuring that a four day old posting isn't likely to get any more replys. I've reproduced the original posting and reply below, but basically the problem is that Outlook Web Access was working, and now it isn't. Also the person who set it up is no longer working with us. _______________________________________ 10-01-04 Outlook Web access was working on our server, but it no longer is. All the services that I know of that are required for OWA to work are runn...

How To Track Clicks from your MS Word Resume using a URL shortener
Like many people with a technical background, I have lots of links in my resume to companies I have worked for and projects I have completed. When I send out a resume I would like to know whether people click on the links in the resume, but normally I can only get stats for sites I control (using Google Analytics Campaign Tracking). By using a URL shortening service I can embed links that are specific to the resume that I sent, and I can track every click on that link from that specific resume. The only problem here is that creating those links is time consuming, especially if yo...

Home Key #2
I have a new installation of Excel 2000 on my PC. I haven't changed default settings. For some reason when I press the Home key the cursor moves to the top of the sheet, and when I press ctrl+Home I go to the start of the row. This is the opposite from every other installation - how can I change the functionality back to normal - short of getting it reinstalled? Thanks Susan Hi, Check that 'Transition navigation keys' is not checked in the Tools/Options... Transition tab. -- A+ V. "SusanR" wrote: > I have a new installation of Excel 2000 on my PC. I haven...

Project server 2007 installation: forms authentication problem
i followed this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197472.aspx I tried to install project server on 2 places. In first place, everything works good, except in the end. When i try to access the PWA using the IP instead of computer name, like mentioned in the end of article, it will prompt me to a windows account, like if it is redirecting to the windows autheticated PWA. on the other place when i loggin using the username and password, it will tell me "you are logged in as.... but "access denied" so i get no PWA site. What could be the source of...

Functions Not Available in Publisher 2007
Good Morning! I'm running Publisher 2007 installed via MS Office Small Business 2007. I have two problems with Publisher: 1. The "redo" command is not available. All options for using the redo command are grayed out. I cannot get them to activate. I have run the repair wizard, downloaded all the updates, etc., to no avail. 2. I thought Publisher 2007 would hold the links set up within the document when converted to PDF (so you don't have to reinsert the links in the pdf document). But that doesn't work either. Does anyone have any information about either of th...

Import custom recipients #2
Ladies and Gentlemen I have exported my custom recipients using the Directory export function in Exchange 5.5. We are now trying to import them to a seperate exchange 2003 server, without much luck. Does anybody have any ideas on this. (I can't use the migration tool as it is in a different organisation.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sushi "Sushi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ladies and Gentlemen >I have exported my custom recipients using the Directory >export function in Exchange 5.5. We are now trying to >import them to a s...

How to get XML file from web page
Hi, I am making my diploma project and I have following problem... I am programming in Visual studio ASP.NET using C#. I am using Visual Studio environment, so I am writing only handlers for buttons and other components. I would like to make that if user will click on button on my web page, he will have possibility to choose some file from his filesystem on his hard disk... And if there is also posibility if I can read that file as an XML document? Which components or objects shoud I use for these situations? Could you recommend me some web page with some examples of these? Thanks...

Security Update KB970895 for SLQ Server 2005 SP2 fails to install
Hi, I am having trouble installing Security Update KB970895 for SLQ Server 2005 SP2. It fails to install and out an error core 1603 in the application log from source MsiInstaller. It also gives an error 10005 saying that the previous upgrade did not complete. I followed the instructions to complete the previous upgrade but that fails. It is looking for sqlrun_sql.msi , and when I point it to that file it says the file is not a valid installation package for hte product Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. I also looked in the installation log Summary.txt and it say...

Customer Source #2
It would be really handy if Customer source and the Great Plains KB was available more often then not It appears everytime I log on and search the KB....I get zero results These are very basic searches.....and yes I have tried clicking the button...instead of hitting enter Last time this happened it only took 4 months to fix. Appears the KB and self support is down more often then it is "up" Do I get a refund of my enhancement fees...seeing that I pay for access to this resouce...which is rarely available. Tami ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and...

url
how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000 no way to use the "send to" function?? "Wolfman" <Wolfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:741252C1-4C9B-46DC-A3E6-337D4255A7C1@microsoft.com... > csull, > > Create a new Message and then in the body literally type the url out. > > eg. > > http://www.microsoft.com > > -- > Regards, > Ash. What happens if you try IE's File, Send link to menu? Mailto burl (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto) sends links, not the attachments. -- Diane Po...

Is it possible... #2
Is it possible to merge two excel files together if there is something that ties them together? I have two excel files that i need to merge together by "Location Name". Each file has different information for each location and I need to get them together into one file. Can HLookup or VLookup be used? I cannot copy/paste, not all of the Locations in one file are in the other and these files are too large for me to sift through manually. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Hi yes this is possible. Probably VLOOKUP will work for you. If you could outline the layo...