Grouping and Ungrouping Greyed out

Hi,

My Uncle (who has been using Publisher for years) has called me to ask why
he can't group or ungroup a picture and a text box in Publisher 2003.  The
options appear to be greyed out when he goes to use them.  Also, when he uses
the select objects button he can draw a box around the objects but the group
icon does not appear at the bottom right of the select objects box.

He's stuck without broadband right now which is why I am asking.

Thanks for any help,  Becki.
0
Bex73 (1)

Does the text box fill the entire page? Ask your Uncle if he has drawn a full
border on his document? If yes, tell him to send the border to the back.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Bex73" <Bex73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My Uncle (who has been using Publisher for years) has called me to ask why
> he can't group or ungroup a picture and a text box in Publisher 2003.  The
> options appear to be greyed out when he goes to use them.  Also, when he uses
> the select objects button he can draw a box around the objects but the group
> icon does not appear at the bottom right of the select objects box.
>
> He's stuck without broadband right now which is why I am asking.
>
> Thanks for any help,  Becki.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

How to Exports some Groups, users and their member and member of
Hi all, I'm trying to export my Ou, Groups and users structure, from my AD production to test environment. Only need do this operation for 4 o 5 OUs. With LDIFDE, I could export users, OUs and Groups without problems, but the groups appears without members, I need maintain the members of each group. Is it possible? Thanks. Hello Dani, What you see is expected, with LDIFDE not all attributes are exported. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237677 See this articles about creating a test environment: http://www.pbbergs.com/windows/articles/TestDomain.html http:...

Hide Chart When Row Group Closed
How do I hide the whole chart using the outlining row groups in Excel 2007? I have tried changing the Object Properties under the Chart - Format - Size - Properties - Object Positioning. No matter whether I select move and size, move but don't size, don't move or size, it will not hide the chart when I close the row group. I have done this with buttons before where the buttons will hide when row groups are closed, but for some reason this isn't working. Thanks for the help. ...

'formula 1' appears in Pivot Table after grouping
Hi, when I use 'Group Selection' inside a pivot table, the words 'formula 1' suddenly appear inside the data I am trying to group. and then if I am trying to group say 10 rows of data, it only highlights 9 of them plus the row beneath with the word 'formula 1' as the 10.. and the 10 data value appears in the row below, but is excluded from the group. Any guidance please? Thank you. What is in the field you are trying to group and what type of field is it - row, column or data field? Usually when you apply the Group Selection command the word Group1 appears ...

ungroup object in publisher
Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup If the text is still text and not an image, you should be able to edit it without ungrouping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "docherty" <docherty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38CE759B-F3D4-4862-A00A-653ED3573C0B@microsoft.com... > Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now > I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup...

Grouping/counting
I have a source table as follow: Unit Provinces Partners Admin P1 AA Admin P1 BB Admin P2 CC Admin P2 AA Program P1 DD Program P3 EE I want to construct a query to provide the following: Unit # of Provinces # of Partners ------ --------------- ------------- Admin 2 Provinces 3 Partners Program 2 Provinces 2 Partners Could someone help me? SF hi, SF wrote: > Unit # of Provinces # of Partners > ------ --------------- -----------...

Mouse Right Click Greyed Out
When I right click on the Excel spread sheet, functions like CUT, INSERT are greyed out. Can anyone help???? Hi Micky, see Grayed out options http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/grayedout.htm -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Micky" <mickyaujla123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1165451133.098867.60560@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... > When I right click on the Excel spread sheet, functions like CUT, > INSERT are greyed...

Users ability to Manage Groups

RADAR chart-group
I am having problem of separating RADAR chart into few groups. e.g. if the radar chart is with 12 issues and I would like to group that 4 issues under certain colour to represent the same group. Therefore it should have 3 groups, e.g. Kids, Adult and Pensioner. I would be grateful if I can receive guidance in doing so. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Cindy - You mean 1 to 4 o'clock kids, 5 to 8 o'clock adults, and 9 to 12 o'clock pensione...

How to block someone from sending emails to members of a group??
Hello, Is it possible to configure Exchange 2003 to specify who can and cannot send emails to members of a group. For example, if i have a group called Sales that has memeber in it. I would like to specify who can or cannot send emails to any of the Sales group member (not to the group directly) I know this can be done in AD on the individual user accounts. But this could be time consuming if i have hundreds of users. Is this possible. Thanks in advance. ...

"Grey-effect" of XP's logoff dialog
Hi, when I hit Start->logoff a yes/no dialog pops up. This dialog is painted with colours where the rest of the screen slowly fades to grey-scale colours. How is this accomplished? Take a screenshot, make it full screen, gradually fade it to grey. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Marion Schultze" <MaSchu@Online.de> wrote in message news:d8ma85$k4q$1@online.de... > Hi, > > when I hit Start->logoff a yes/no dialog pops up. This dialog is painted > with colours where the rest of the screen slowly fades to grey-scale > colours. > > Ho...

deactiving a group of hyperlinks
Hi, I've copied in a list of email addresses into Excel, but I want to deactive the automatic hyperlink. I know how to deactive one by one by one ... Is there a way to deactive all in a selected range? Or shutoff the option? TIA John Walkenbach has a spiel with a macro to do this. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip031.htm Sub ZapHyperlinks() 'Cells.Hyperlinks.Delete '' does all hyperlinks Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete '' does only those selected End Sub HTH Paul ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Unit Groups and Overtime Charges
I have been trying to figure out how to charge a customer for overtime using Unit Groups. I assigned 1.5 in the quantity field thinking it would act as a multiplier against the normal product price. Am I wrong in my thinking? Please help! I'm getting frustrated. Thanks! Hi David, Does your product allow fractional quantities - if so you should be able to add a product onto an opportunity or order at 1.5 x the price. Pete. >-----Original Message----- >I have been trying to figure out how to charge a customer >for overtime using Unit Groups. I assigned 1.5 in the >...

Multiple Users Managing a single Distribution Group
We currently have the need to have more than one user manage a Distribution Group (Exchange 2003). In the past we have assigned an owner to a Distribution Group and they would manage the group (ie: add/remove users) via Outlook. It appears you can't assign ownership to a Distribution Group to another group. Is there any way possible to assign rights to a Distribution Group so that multiple users can manage it using Outlook? Thanks for any information, Dan Go to the security tab of the DG and give the additional user accounts the "Read Member" and "Write Member" p...

Group Contacts and "Add to Outlook Contacts"
I've searched archives for this, and can't believe I'm the first to have this problem. I am doing some consulting work for a small (3 person) company. They are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. They do not want to keep any personal contacts (in Outlook's sacred 'Contacts' folder), but want to keep all of this info in a 'Shared Contacts' folder (located under Public Folders). That part is all setup and working fine. When they write a message and click the 'To:' button, the shared contacts come up OK. If I go into the address book options, the Shared...

Enable user-access to CMS Groups
I just typed in a big posting, and now I can't find it.. my apologies if this is the 2nd post. Very simply - we have two databases, X and Y - X takes a real-time feeds of live trades - Y is redundant copy of the same feeds - Three instances of X, two instances of Y, all v2008 linked servers The front-end monitors all five instances real-time, for trading volume, for the given @start/@stop/@exchange. One procedure in each instance, they have to fire it five times, example result-set: Server Qty SRV1 47213321 The logic has been in place forever, but must be...

Grouping #4
I have a monthly spreadsheet exported from an sql database, listing invoice details. Each row represents one line from an invoice my problem is I need to group the rows by invoice number, however there are 2 added complications, firstly, there is a second column that needs grouping and a column which when grouped needs to be totalled e.g A B C D 0035 12345 10 0 0035 12345 89 17.50 0001 12345 1 0 The above example is all 1 invoice number 12345, below is how ...

configuring news groups in exchange 5.5
Hi can anyone help me in configuring news group in exchange5.5? I am not sure whether exchange5.5 will support this or not? kindly help me... thanks gajanan Are you talking about distribution groups? "gajanan" <gmpai2003@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:1024901c43f1b$f53cdcd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > can anyone help me in configuring news group in > exchange5.5? > > I am not sure whether exchange5.5 will support this or not? > kindly help me... > > thanks > gajanan ...

Current View: Hide Groups?
Is it possible to use "Group By" and optionally hide items based on the group criteria? What I am trying to do is group appointments by "Start" and "Subject", and hide those groups that have only 1 item. (I'm dealing with a sync problem that created multiple copies of appointments that are not exact duplicates.) No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstic...

Excel Charts are greyed out!
I am using Excel 2002 I have an excel worksheet that has four charts. All four charts ar being greyed out. I don't know how and why. But when I click on on of them, the one being clicked on will be viewable, but the othe three are still greyed out. The same applies for all four I couldn't find any settings that would cause the problem Any ideas/suggestions Thank Choose Tools>Options On the View tab, under Object, choose 'Show All' Click OK anh2lua wrote: > I am using Excel 2002. > I have an excel worksheet that has four charts. All four charts are > being gr...

alt Group For 64 Bit Windows
As people may know MSFT are closing their news groups and trying to move people to forums. It's not an attractive option, MSFT's NNTP bridge is extremely slow and all the posts are in HTML unfortunately. There has been some discussion about this in microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general so this is by way of a seeding message to see if there is support for an alt group - perhaps alt.windows64? -- Jeff Gaines Dorset UK There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home. (Ken Olson, president Digital Equipment, 1977) On 5/20/2010 8:34 AM, Jeff Gaines wrote...

send group list to others?
I have a membership group set up with ~ 75 address' for our non-profit org. Would like to send the address' to a specific officers w/o sending everyone the list. help and thanks, L. In news:OK%23H8sNqKHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, L.S. <notgood@yahooie.com> typed: > I have a membership group set up with ~ 75 address' for our > non-profit org. Would like to send the address' to a specific > officers w/o sending everyone the list. > > help and thanks, > L. Well ... create a new group with just those addresses in it. Check out the ...

How to add URLS in emails and send in groups
I send group emails to my customers and have my email list grouped alphabetically. Each email group I send to, I copy and paste from the previous email into the new one, but the URLS never transfer and I have to constantly renew the URLS. Of course, MS doesn't have anything like this in the help section!!! URRGGGH Any help would be appreciated! You can create a category in the Contacts instead of copy from an old email. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "mustardseed5" <mustardseed5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:898EB790-5640-487F-8F06-4DD14F...

Category Groups
I can't find a way to make changes to the category GROUP. I want to delete the Household Expense Group and add a new group. Can someone help ? This is a common FAQ. You cannot add new category groups. http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=20 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicite...

greyed out chart option
Hello! I can't have access to chart options by right mouse clicking. When I select any graph, all options dissapears and only source data is automaticaly selected. How can I proceed to edit my graphs?. I'm using 2003 version. Regards. ...

Grouping and Protecting worksheet
Hi, I have a spreadsheet in which I have grouped rows. This gives the tree like structure. I have unlocked cells and locked certain cells and protected the sheet so people can only access the unlocked cells. In doing this the group, expanding and contracting, stops working because the sheet is protected. I can't find a way to protect the sheet and still have the expanding and contracting work. Please help. Brad If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets(&qu...