greeting card template appears as word doc

I have been unable to create a greeting card using the templates in Works
Suite 2006.  When I click on any greeting card template, a word document
appears with the chosen motif on the lower right side of the page.  How do I
get to a true half fold greeting card template?
0
gwynne (5)

This is a Publisher group.
That said, Works creates the template in Word. If you were to print the page as
seen on the screen, you would have a side folded card. The card will be folded
in fourths and the "motif" would be the front of the card.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"gwynne" <gwynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been unable to create a greeting card using the templates in Works
> Suite 2006.  When I click on any greeting card template, a word document
> appears with the chosen motif on the lower right side of the page.  How do I
> get to a true half fold greeting card template?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Can we use group policy templates for Outlook client options
Hi there, We are looking to automate the CRM outlook client settings so we don't have to manually change them for each user. Is there any way we can do this through group policy or another way? It would be handy if we had a list of registry settings that we could use? Thanks ...

Is Word Converter Compatible with Server 2008??????
We have tried to install the word converter (so 2003 word can read and save 2008 documents). When you try to open a 2007 document, we get the error " There was an error opening file" We have tried on a production server and also test server had have the same results. Uninstall and reinstall several times and . Run as Administrator, everything but no luck. Everything is up-to-date with the lates service packs. We would install Office 2007, but the clients app that does merge to word is not compatible with Word 2007. Is the word converter compatible with Serv...

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

template orright hand margin set up
I want to set up the right hand portion of my page to have a line down the margin and to have the word "NOTES" to appear at the top of this margin or column for each page. I write many college papers and I want the reader to have the courtesy to have a separate "NOTE" column for his own use as he/she reads the paper. Type the word "NOTES" in a text box that you anchor to the header paragraph; that way, it will be repeated on all pages using the header in question. For more, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm. -- Stefan Bl...

Paste into "Advanced Find" "search for the words:" field????
Am I doing something wrong, or did microsoft really disable the ability to paste into the "search for the words:" field? You can paste into the email address fields, but that is it. I'm trying to search emails for a specific numeric string, and I don't want to have to type a 30 character number from an email when I could easily copy and paste it. Am I doing something wrong or are they really that stupid??? Thanks! Mick Does CTRL V work for you "Mick" <MickBurkellc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121234980.931014.46200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >...

Paying on a credit card in Money
I have a credit card account that I added to my account list and I pay it from another account in Money. Do I treat it as a transfer or do I treat it as a loan payment? In microsoft.public.money, Hugh Veal wrote: >I have a credit card account that I added to my account list and I pay it >from another account in Money. Do I treat it as a transfer or do I treat it >as a loan payment? Not a loan payment. When you first process the first transaction of the credit card payment, set the category as a transfer to the other ( credit card or bank account), or use the equivalent &qu...

working with northwind template
I am trying to use the northwind template and need to know how to edit the data that comes with the template to put in mine. I have been able to edit the logo and name on the forms but in, for example, the inventory list- I can't delete the products listed. There are some rules about deleting data. When there is a relationship between 2 tables, any child records in the child table must be deleted before the parent records can be deleted. When you try to delete inventory transactions in northwind, you get a message telling that you can't delete because there are related...

Save credit card info for subscription rebilling
We have customers who sign up for our preship of product periodically, like a subscription. We need to keep a credit card on file for this purpose. Is there a service that we can use for this? We really do not want to store credit cards but we need to be able to bill against a customer's credit card when they sign up for our 'Autoship'. -- JNech Houston New West Technologies has an add on called [url=http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/StoreOperations/CardVault.htm]Card Vault[/url]. It stores CC data in encrypted tables. Dan "jenifern" wrote: > We have custome...

Embedding Word table in Excel cell
Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? Thanks. -- Larry Lester Copy / paste as a picture. Pictures can always be re-sized and re-positioned -- Gary's Student "Larry Lester" wrote: > Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? > Thanks. > -- > Larry Lester Gary's reply works for pasting the table in as a graphic object _on_ an XL sheet, but you cannot paste a graphic into a cell as cell content. If you simply Paste to a cell, the corresponding number of cells will be filled with th...

word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes, using endnote and inserting pictures from file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes and using endnote and when i am inserting pictures from file. i seem to have no other options but force quit then i get lots of recovered documents. i am doing doctoral study so my documents have endnote field notes and changes highlighted. <br><br>inserting pictures from file into a word document causes instant hanging. Judging from the array of causes you're listing I believe there may be several things that need to be addressed. Sinc...

help! Excel 2003 opens every doc on machine!
as soon as I start it, it starts opening every single file (even non-Excel files) & recursing directories. I have to kill it in the taskMgr or it will crash the machine. I can only start Excel in safe mode (with /s). How do I stop this? I have no idea how it started. the machine has current corporate AV/anti-malware. thanks let me add when starting in. safe mode, i get this: "Excel has detected that you have recovered files. These files will be opened the next time you starft Excel in normal mode." Try this first Tools>Options On the General tab you see &quo...

Word 2008: PDF as icon?
Hi all, I've a quite particular issue with Word:mac 2008: I have to attach to a document a PDF file as icon. I go into Insert -> Object -> From File and I select my .pdf using the check on "Display as icon". After clicking "Ok" I get a window where I have to choose the page I want to insert and then it doesn't put the icon, but it copies the page in the Word document as image! Does anyone have a clue? I want it displayed as an icon. Thanks and regards. Sorry: Word 2008 can insert only Office files as icons. Use Help>Send feedback to tell Microsoft you...

outlook 2003 / word 2000 conflick
I just installed outlook 2003 and now my office 2000 professional does not work with email. in options it only list word 2003 how do I get word 2000 to work with the new 2003 out look? You can't. Outlook and Word need to be the same version for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07e301c47470$18cc2e10$7d02280a@phx.gbl... >I just installed outlook 200...

when i import a file into a Word it adopts different formatting
When importing a file the document adopts odd formatting. For example - paragraphs suddenly appear in bold - alignment changes etc. It does not adopt the format of the original document. I know that I could use Format Painter to correct this - but the documents are often very long and it is too time consuming to do so. Which styles are applied to the inserted text? Modify those styles in the target document. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Chelbo" <Chelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDEBA41C-0657-4...

"Disappearing" lines of text in Word docs
I've noticed a really unusual intermittent bug in my version of MS Word. Suppose there are two consecutive lines of text in my document, Line A and Line B. I want to insert a new line between Lines A & B, so I position the cursor in between them and hit return (not highlighting Line B beforehand, because I'm not trying to get rid of it). When I do so, Line B seems to disappear, with the cursor (and empty line in front of it) taking the place of Line B. However, when I hit "page up" or "page down", Line B reappears. Anyone know why this might ...

Open New Visio Drawing using VBA in Word?
Hi, We're creating new Word 2007 templates, and some of them require flowchart functionality from Visio. Our goal is to create a macro within the Word template to call Visio, open a new drawing and have a custom stencil set open for users to use. Users would then open create their flowchart/diagram in Visio, and it would update automatically into the Word template when Visio is closed. I'm using the following code to start Visio, however I'm stuck on where to go from there: Sub Visio() Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\VISIO.exe", vbN...

Cant get "Platform Builder" to appear under "Project Types" in VS2005
Hi Everyone, We've just purchased PB 6 and am trying to install it on one of our development stations, but no matter how many times I've installed/ deleted/reinstalled VS2005 and WinCE 6 I cannot for the life of me get it to appear in the project types list for when creating a new solution. It wont even allow me to open an existing project from the demo WinCE 6 folder. I'm now in to my 3rd day of battling with this ! Though the PB icon shows on the splash screen as it starts, as does some of the CE6 'getting started' stuff on the start page. It has had the ...

How do I change the $ currency symbol in a balance sheet template
Can someone please help me remove the $ symbol from a template. I've set thre area settings but the 'format' and then 'Cells' option is not open to me. The sheet must be protected. You will have to unprotect the sheet first from the Tools>Protection>unprotect sheet. If it asks for a password, then probably you are not meant to fiddle around with the format of the template! "Dave" wrote: > Can someone please help me remove the $ symbol from a template. > > I've set thre area settings but the 'format' and then 'Cells' opt...

Outlook 2000 & Fax does not appear
Hi. I am running Outlook 2000 and I have installed Microsoft fax console 5.1 but it does not integrate with OL 2000. I have read Microsoft knowledge base article 195679 "OL2000: How to setup Fax Services for Outlook" . My Outlook is set up as CW and I have repaired Office after installing the Fax and tried re-installing Office. Microsoft Fax appears in my Mail setting and it is first in the delivery list. Any ideas, please. Regards Anthony Williams Are you sure you are running in Corp/Workgroup mode? What exactly do you mean it "does not integrate?" What are you tr...

Process Credit Cards?
I currently have Money 2005 SB. I'm considering moving to 2007 H&SB. My big question is, will I be able to process credit cards (accept them from my customers) with Small Business, or do I have to get the Small Business Accounting product to run side by side with this? Thanks! ...

Can anyone suggest a good scheduling template for weekly shifts?
Am looking for help in scheduling two teams of five (5) persons....7am to 3pm, and 3pm to 11pm...Mon-Sat. (Sundays off). Furthermore...of the teams of five, the team covering 3pm to 11pm would give up one to cover 11pm to 3am... Major holidays off. (covered by On Call assignments) and minor holidays short staffing. Any suggestions? Am tired of doing it the "way we've always done it!" Thanks Hi, I have done something similiar (not very advanced) - you can take a look, maybe it will help you: http://blog.jausovec.net/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=165&blogI...

New Word template always prompts to save changes
Word 2003/XP Pro I am trying to create an alternative Normal.dot. Problem is when I try to save a document created from AltNormal, I always receive the prompt: "Do you want to save the changes to AltNormal.dot?". Typing and saving a few of characters is sufficient to cause the prompt. If I accept the prompt, the prompt returns when I next modify the document. All this occurs even if AltNormal has not been modified from Normal.dot. I have tried many different ways to resolve this including basing AltNormal on: (1) a copy of Normal.dot, (2) a clean document from Norm...

Quit Word 2008 in Snow Leopard time ?
I've noticed since upgrading to Snow Leopard that when I quit Word 2008 it takes a long time, as it always had, but now the Menu Bar changes so on the "left" end there is just the Apple icon and then a Script icon next to it (where the running application title is normally). Is this normal or should I go on a search for answers to this and perhaps other yet to see problems? Thanks for any tips. -- Norm Hi Norm: What that means is that Word is exiting and clearing its icons from the menu bar, then the system is cleaning up a bit later. The system owns t...

Images don't appear
When adding images (.jpg, .gif. .tif and others) the images do not appear until you "wife" another window accross the page you are working in. After sizing, resizing or adding text or other images, I loose the image again until I swipe another window, or other item across the screen! Have run detect and repair, uninstalled and re-installed Publisher. Could it be an issue with Publisher and my ATI Radeon 800 PCI Express card? Running Windows XP Pro SP2; with MSI MB and Athlon 64 +4000 CPU. 2 GB of DDR RAM. I am not having this problem on any other three other systems I own....

Make Word 2008 open with Formatting toolbar showing