Greeting card problem

I want to make a greeting card with 4 pages (front, inside left, inside
right, back) such that I can print two cards on an A4 sheet of paper.

So far I have only been able to print one card on an A4 sheet, by printing
all four pages on one side of an A4 sheet and then folding it twice to make
a card with the pages in the right place.

This is fine if using 80g/m2 paper, but I would like to use the heavier
160g/m2 paper (or even photographic paper), and only have to fold the card
once, otherwise it is too bulky.

I assume I'll have to print pages 4 and 1 on one side, and pages 2 and 3 on
the other side.  But I just can't figure out how to do this.  Pages 2 and 3
can be printed in one go, but if I print page 1 and then pass the paper
through again and print 4, it comes out over the top of page 1.

Any ideas?  Or another way of doing this?

Thanks for any help.

someone

Just do a File, Page setup for the size of the paper in its final size.
Then when you print it will print two per sheet of paper.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"someone" <someone@flibbernet.com> wrote in message
>I want to make a greeting card with 4 pages (front, inside left, inside
>right, back) such that I can print two cards on an A4 sheet of paper.
>
> So far I have only been able to print one card on an A4 sheet, by printing
> all four pages on one side of an A4 sheet and then folding it twice to
> make a card with the pages in the right place.
>
> This is fine if using 80g/m2 paper, but I would like to use the heavier
> 160g/m2 paper (or even photographic paper), and only have to fold the card
> once, otherwise it is too bulky.
>
> I assume I'll have to print pages 4 and 1 on one side, and pages 2 and 3
> on the other side.  But I just can't figure out how to do this.  Pages 2
> and 3 can be printed in one go, but if I print page 1 and then pass the
> paper through again and print 4, it comes out over the top of page 1.
>
> Any ideas?  Or another way of doing this?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> someone

0
Engineer5094 (821)
11/25/2008 1:39:27 AM
Except if you are using Publisher 2007. If you are using 2007 you will have to
separate the stock first before you print. This will be fixed in the next
service pack.

In all other versions, setup your card as a booklet, type the size, Publisher
will say it will print two per sheet of paper.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> Just do a File, Page setup for the size of the paper in its final size. Then
> when you print it will print two per sheet of paper.
>

> --
> Don - Publisher 2000�
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "someone" <someone@flibbernet.com> wrote in message
>>I want to make a greeting card with 4 pages (front, inside left, inside right,
>>back) such that I can print two cards on an A4 sheet of paper.
>>
>> So far I have only been able to print one card on an A4 sheet, by printing
>> all four pages on one side of an A4 sheet and then folding it twice to make a
>> card with the pages in the right place.
>>
>> This is fine if using 80g/m2 paper, but I would like to use the heavier
>> 160g/m2 paper (or even photographic paper), and only have to fold the card
>> once, otherwise it is too bulky.
>>
>> I assume I'll have to print pages 4 and 1 on one side, and pages 2 and 3 on
>> the other side.  But I just can't figure out how to do this.  Pages 2 and 3
>> can be printed in one go, but if I print page 1 and then pass the paper
>> through again and print 4, it comes out over the top of page 1.
>>
>> Any ideas?  Or another way of doing this?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> someone

0
mary.sauer (2018)
11/25/2008 10:25:48 AM
Thank you to each of you, Don and Mary, I will give your suggestions a try.

someone

"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> Except if you are using Publisher 2007. If you are using 2007 you will
> have to separate the stock first before you print. This will be fixed in
> the next service pack.
>
> In all other versions, setup your card as a booklet, type the size,
> Publisher will say it will print two per sheet of paper.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>> Just do a File, Page setup for the size of the paper in its final size.
>> Then when you print it will print two per sheet of paper.
>>

>> --
>> Don - Publisher 2000�
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "someone" <someone@flibbernet.com> wrote in message
>>>I want to make a greeting card with 4 pages (front, inside left, inside
>>>right, back) such that I can print two cards on an A4 sheet of paper.
>>>
>>> So far I have only been able to print one card on an A4 sheet, by
>>> printing all four pages on one side of an A4 sheet and then folding it
>>> twice to make a card with the pages in the right place.
>>>
>>> This is fine if using 80g/m2 paper, but I would like to use the heavier
>>> 160g/m2 paper (or even photographic paper), and only have to fold the
>>> card once, otherwise it is too bulky.
>>>
>>> I assume I'll have to print pages 4 and 1 on one side, and pages 2 and 3
>>> on the other side.  But I just can't figure out how to do this.  Pages 2
>>> and 3 can be printed in one go, but if I print page 1 and then pass the
>>> paper through again and print 4, it comes out over the top of page 1.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?  Or another way of doing this?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>
>>> someone

Hurrah!  It worked!  Cracked it - thanks again.

someone

> Thank you to each of you, Don and Mary, I will give your suggestions a
> try.
>
> someone
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>> Except if you are using Publisher 2007. If you are using 2007 you will
>> have to separate the stock first before you print. This will be fixed in
>> the next service pack.
>>
>> In all other versions, setup your card as a booklet, type the size,
>> Publisher will say it will print two per sheet of paper.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>>> Just do a File, Page setup for the size of the paper in its final size.
>>> Then when you print it will print two per sheet of paper.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Don - Publisher 2000�
>>> Vancouver, USA
>>>

>>> "someone" <someone@flibbernet.com> wrote in message

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

Mortgages and Credit Cards
I need help/advise with my mortgage account and associated checking account. Here's what I have: My mortgage payment comes directly out of one of my checking accounts every month. I go online, the information is downloaded, everything is cool. I set up a mortgage tracking account in Money, entering all the information correctly, including that the payments come from the afore mentioned checking account. This is supposed to track how much I owe on the principle as well as let me know how much of my payment is actually being applied to the principle. What's happening is th...

Problem pasting URLs into an email, outlook 2002
If anybody can suggest a better place to ask this, by all means let me know. One of our employees has an odd problem with pasting a URL into an email. He will have a browser open (Firefox), highlight the URL and copy it to the clipboard normally like anybody does. Then he will try to paste that URL into the body of an email using Outlook 2002 SP3 (with Word 2002 SP3 as the default email editor). He just does a Ctrl-V or even a right click "Paste" and all he gets is a weird little box, an icon of sorts that I have never seen before. Oddly, if he goes back to the browser and ...

video capture problem
I try to use Video capture API <vfw.h> to connect my cameras. I have quite a lot of cameras which using the same driver. The API used a for loop to look for any drivers found in system. But I cannot know which camera source am I connecting. Is there any method to know how many or connect to a camera source with the same driver? Thanks. ...

login problem
I am also getting the message "the sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file. Please enter the correct sign-in name or another file" when I try to login using passport. However, when I try to login without online features it simply says "The password you entered was incorrect." It says nothing about the sign-in name being incorrect. Is everyone else having this problem too? Same problem here. Very frustrating. >-----Original Message----- >I am also getting the message "the sign-in name you >entered is not associated with this file....

playing cards
I loaded a .exe that contains playing card's bitmaps with LoadLibrary. And then CBitmap bitmap; if(!bitmap.LoadBitmap(1)) { MessageBox("Bitmap load error!.."); } if(m_imageList.Add(&bitmap, RGB(255, 255, 255)) == -1) { MessageBox("Error in bitmap"); } I made . It draw playing card whose color is red but it draw oly black rectangle if playing card's color is black . What should i do? Please help me. ...

Half-Folder (A5) Greeting Cards
Hello, I use Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 to create greeting cards, usually with A4 card using the Half Page Side Fold format. How can I produce cards on A5 fold with just on fold, please? Half Page Side (& top) Fold formats use A4 card with two folds. Help! Many thanks. Setup your printer first for A5. In page setup select booklet. It should say Width 10.499cm and Height 14.8cm. Publisher will ask about 4 pages, select yes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dande" <dande@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C19054F1-076D-4DFC-8C72-1D27F2D61...

Query or Retrieve Email Activites Problem
I'm trying to query the email activities that show under the history of an object, specifically an account. Ive had success retrieving activities that are not under the history but I can't seem to find the exact method to get the ones in the history. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Ive used the the activity.RetrieveByObject method and the query.ExecuteQuery method with no luck. Thanks Cory I have figured out what my problem was..... The activities were actually associated to a case that was associated with the account(but was still showing in the history of the account...

Outlook .pst Problems
I was trying to import a .pst file into Outlook (ver. Office XP Professional) from a Win 98 box to a Win XP Home box. In my Win XP Outlook it would not recognize the .pst file so I got desparate, renamed the file Outlook.pst and replaced the file with that name in the following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Kassam\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Naturally the previous file named Outlook.pst was overwritten and the procedure did not work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling office and that did not work. What can I do to get the old Outlook.pst file ba...

When print greeting card top and bottom of characters at bottom .
When I am printing my greeting cards in Publisher everything works except the top and bottom half of the characters at the bottom of the card are not showing up. I have tried moving it further up the page or changing the font. Sarah wrote: > When I am printing my greeting cards in Publisher everything works > except the top and bottom half of the characters at the bottom of the > card are not showing up. I have tried moving it further up the page > or changing the font. Nothing whatsoever to do with Publisher - this is a printer issue. You need to learn the printable limits ...

Problem mail-enabling users
In Exchange 2003, I mail-enabled some users in Active Directory on a Windows 2000 domain controller. Several of the users didn't get an SMTP address by the recepient policy. After I entered an address for each user they are listed in the Global Address List, but they have two mailboxes, one enabled and one Xed out. They can access the good mailbox from Outlook Web Access, but when I try to create a MAPI profile, it indicates it can't find them in the address list. With one user I first purged the bad mailbox. When that didn't work, I removed the Exchange attributes and tried to cre...

Stationery Background Problem in Outlook 2000 SR-1
Hi there, Just noticed this problem today. I had put in a stationery background which used an Outlook background. I chose the raindrops on glass Texture. I use Outlook with Word as the editor. Anyway, all looked perfect when I sent out the message with the nice raindrops background. However, when I received it back in O2K (as a bcc) it had the turquoise colour background but the raindrops graphic were separated into a different file. I haven't seen this happen before. Any ideas what's going on here? Also, I cannot print my messages with the backgrounds on them. Using Windows ...

DLL linking problem
Hi! I have a problem linking DLLs and static libraries together. Here's the code: I have a common DLL c and a rarely used DLL r, both third party. First, I have created a static Win32 library L that links to c. L contains a header file L.h with (simplified) content: #pragma message("Automatically linking with L.lib") #pragma comment(lib, "L.lib") #pragma message("Automatically linking with c.lib") #pragma comment(lib, "c.lib") #define USE_C_DLL // use c as DLL #include <c.h> // main header file of c The test app for L uses #include &...

SMTP greeting error
Hi list, I have a prob with my smtp greeting. If I telnet my mailserver externally via port 25 the greating looks like this: 220 **********************************************************0****0*2********** ****************200***2*2***0 *0200 If I telnet it intenally, everything is fine. 220 mail.mydomain.de Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.2499 ready at Thu, 18 May 2006 12:29:23 +0200 Did someone know where I can set the SMTP greeting? TIA Volker On Thu, 18 May 2006 12:30:18 +0200, "Volker" <v.schoen@inplan.de> wrote: >Hi list, > >I have a...

problem with overlaping windows in IE8
I have reinstalled IE8 twice now thinking it would solve the problem, it hasn't. When I have 2 or more windows open at the same time one is transparant and the others overlap. If I try to close out one of the windows it doesn't close unless I use the task bar, even then part of that window remains. There are times when there are big holes with just the window frame showing. I have also been experiencing screen blackouts, can't seem to find the reason for that either. I've run a virus scan, ran a malware scan and also ran RegCure. I still have both problems...

Gft Cards using Neos Merchant Solutions
I was ready some of the posts, but nothing addressed this. I have a vendor that is offering a Gift Card program using the Schlumberger MagIC 6000. Their program is very tempting as I see alot of benefits to my operation. Question is will any of this interface with RMS? Plus I need an answer to a post yesterday regarding a Pop Up that I am getting with the following message "CCAuthPersistClass" after I enter a tender type. I would suggest you check out Mercurypay.com I know that they use gift cards, and they also process CC / ATM through RMS, and there rates are ver compet...

Credit card and EBT
I like to know Hows EBT card work. cash option and food stamp. I mean I How process. My merchant provider is city bank this time They dont know nothing. Who is better merchant provider. Who can provide me all in one Credit debit and EBT with all option. Please give me some link www.mercurypay.com Rob "Gill" <Gill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A00C50C-7696-4A24-A9B9-50A0375299DF@microsoft.com... >I like to know Hows EBT card work. cash option and food stamp. I mean I How > process. My merchant provider is city bank this time They dont know &g...

Multi language string problem
Hi, I want to draw a text on a window (using DrawText). The text should be hard-coded (not using String table from resources !!!). It should contain several languages (such as English, German, Japanese and Chineese). How can I do it ? Yoav. You'd be wise to create your program using Unicode. Then you can just assign the static strings to CStrings and write them out. Why not use a string table? Tom "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:e5hf7UkaHHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to draw a text on a window (using DrawText). > T...

downloading excel file from email problems
I have an Excel spreadsheet someone emailed me. I am not able to open it for some reason. I have WinXP. Excel 2002 or 2003. My Temp Internet files are empty. So are my %TEMP% files. Their version is recent as well.This is the second time the email has been sent to me. No error messages. The first time I tried to download it, a screen smaller than my normal screen seemed to blink quickly then disappear. I checked the Properties of the first file but it said 0 kilobits for all areas. The second email said this informaiton was not available (Properties info). The second email did not blink when...

EXCEL Wild Cards
I'm having a problem with wild cards (*,?,!) when doing the vlookup function. Unfortunately, my comparison data contains these characters so I end up picking up the wrong data most of the time. Is there any way to turn these wild cards off? Thank you in advance, Scott My favorite! =VLOOKUP(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"~","~~"),"?","~?"),"*","~*"), Sheet2!$A:$B,2,FALSE) ! isn't a wildcard. ~ is used as an "escape" character to mean the next character shouldn't be treated as a wildc...

Fast Login Access Cards with barcodes
I have the thought that it is possible to give out ID Cards (with username and password encoded in a barcode) to my cashiers and supervisors which will allow them to login much faster. What software will allow me to encode the following; F7 Enter %username% %password% Enter Any suggestions? Regards, Don I have not used msr's for cashier log in. We do provide our customers who require quicker log in with fingerprint readers. Contact your Microsoft RMS Partner for help. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions jfaul@merchants-solutions.com "donphillip" wrote: > I have the...

listview refresh problem
This problem appears in just one computer. After fill up the listview with lines, values are not showed. But, when we click in a line this line is showed, and if we click in several lines, they are showed one by one. This computer has Windows 2000 with service packs like the others. What could be? Thanks. Rui Oliveira Is there any other mass of programs running? GDI space might be a limitation. That's all I can think of at the moment. joe On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:35:02 -0800, Rui Oliveira <RuiOliveira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This problem appears in just o...

(2005) What do you categorize credit card payments under?
In 2005 there is a Credit Card Payment/Transfers category for when you make a credit card payment from say your checking account. That makes sense as an Expense. What do you then categorize that payment as when it shows up in the credit card's account? Obviously the same category can't be used since it's an Expense and payments are considered Income. I'm trying to use as few categories as possible to make things simple and I'm surprised there isn't an obvious one jumping out at me in the defaults that come with 2005. For now I'm using Funds Transfers (...

Problem using Visual Studio 2005 to write reports
I have visual studio 2005. When I try to install the SRS from my CRM disk it does not install the Report Designer component because it is looking for visual studio 2003. All the documentation I have including SDK3.0 state you can use visual studio 2005. Am I missing something?? ------=_NextPart_0001_417611DB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <ril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have visual studio 2005. When I try to install the SRS from my CRM disk it > does not install the Report Designer component because it is looking for > visual stu...

Paper Tray selection Problem,
Hello, we experience a Problem with Excel 2000 on Windows XP with an HP Color Laserjet 4600. Although we explicitely select a paper tray in the print dialog via Properties - Paper/Quality - Tray Selection the printer starts beeping and we have to manually select the tray on it. This problem only occurs in Excel and Word, printing from Outloook works like a charm. We already downloaded the latest driver from HP. The problem persists. Any ideas? Thank you very much, Michael. set up printer 1 and printer 2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Michael Hoffmann" ...