graphics converter not working

I am using Publisher 2000 to create a newsletter.  It has been going well but
now that I'm ready to insert pictures from files, it won't work.  I get the
message saying that Publisher can't convert this picture (it's either that it
doesn't recognize the format or there was an error installing the graphics
converter and to go to to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs >
Highlight the Publisher
program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be
sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is
installed.  I've gone in and chosen to update all from Office 2000
Professional SR-1 and then just the graphics filters but nothing has worked.

I've done this repeatedly to no avail.  I've reinstalled Office 2000
Professional SR-1 and even repaired it which didn't work either.  I've tried
changing the properties of my .jpgs to open with a different program but that
didn't work and I've also gone to control panels, display, settings,
advanced, troubleshoot and changed it from full to half.  Nothing has worked.

I am able to insert clip art by double clicking on the 'generic' clip art
that's in the template and choosing one that I'd prefer in that spot and it
works but what I really need are pictures from file.

In Publisher, I  also tried getting the picture box, go to insert, object,
browse, and double click on a jpg icon but all that is inserted into
publisher is the icon.  When I double click on the icon in publisher, my
picture actually opens in a separate window but not in the newsletter.  Am I
getting any closer with that try?

My deadline is creeping ever closer and I'm starting to panic.  Is there
another graphics converter that I should download or some other way to solve
this?

I prefer to use the Publisher templates but if I can't get this figured out
may have to switch to the Word templates because I can insert my jpgs into
those word templates.  Thanks for your time.

I just followed microsoft.com's instructions for inserting a picture into an
autoshape.  Insert, picture, new drawing, choose your desired shape and drag
your mouse to desired shape then double click on the shape, colors and lines,
fill as picture, browse, find picture.  Doing all this allows me to insert my
pictures (jpgs) so why can't I just do a straight insert, picture from file?
Why won't it recognize the format of my pictures?  Help!

"csklareski" wrote:

> I am using Publisher 2000 to create a newsletter.  It has been going well but
> now that I'm ready to insert pictures from files, it won't work.  I get the
> message saying that Publisher can't convert this picture (it's either that it
> doesn't recognize the format or there was an error installing the graphics
> converter and to go to to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs >
> Highlight the Publisher
> program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be
> sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is
> installed.  I've gone in and chosen to update all from Office 2000
> Professional SR-1 and then just the graphics filters but nothing has worked.
>
> I've done this repeatedly to no avail.  I've reinstalled Office 2000
> Professional SR-1 and even repaired it which didn't work either.  I've tried
> changing the properties of my .jpgs to open with a different program but that
> didn't work and I've also gone to control panels, display, settings,
> advanced, troubleshoot and changed it from full to half.  Nothing has worked.
>
> I am able to insert clip art by double clicking on the 'generic' clip art
> that's in the template and choosing one that I'd prefer in that spot and it
> works but what I really need are pictures from file.
>
> In Publisher, I  also tried getting the picture box, go to insert, object,
> browse, and double click on a jpg icon but all that is inserted into
> publisher is the icon.  When I double click on the icon in publisher, my
> picture actually opens in a separate window but not in the newsletter.  Am I
> getting any closer with that try?
>
> My deadline is creeping ever closer and I'm starting to panic.  Is there
> another graphics converter that I should download or some other way to solve
> this?
>
> I prefer to use the Publisher templates but if I can't get this figured out
> may have to switch to the Word templates because I can insert my jpgs into
> those word templates.  Thanks for your time.

csklareski <csklareski@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> I've gone in and chosen to update all from
> Office 2000 Professional SR-1 and then just the graphics filters but
> nothing has worked.

a) Have you tried Help > Detect and Repair?
b) Have you installed SP3 for Office 2000 from http://office.microsoft.com?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
6/10/2005 7:06:10 AM
Are you inserting from the Internet? You cache could be full, in Internet Explorer,
tools, Internet Options, delete files.
Publisher 2000 will balk if the image is at too high a resolution or very large.
Publisher 2000 does not support compression; using the autoshape fill, the picture is
resized to fit.
You receive a "Publisher cannot complete the operation" error message when you import
pictures in Publisher 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;218675

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"csklareski" <csklareski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just followed microsoft.com's instructions for inserting a picture into an
> autoshape.  Insert, picture, new drawing, choose your desired shape and drag
> your mouse to desired shape then double click on the shape, colors and lines,
> fill as picture, browse, find picture.  Doing all this allows me to insert my
> pictures (jpgs) so why can't I just do a straight insert, picture from file?
> Why won't it recognize the format of my pictures?  Help!
>
> "csklareski" wrote:
>
>> I am using Publisher 2000 to create a newsletter.  It has been going well but
>> now that I'm ready to insert pictures from files, it won't work.  I get the
>> message saying that Publisher can't convert this picture (it's either that it
>> doesn't recognize the format or there was an error installing the graphics
>> converter and to go to to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs >
>> Highlight the Publisher
>> program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be
>> sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is
>> installed.  I've gone in and chosen to update all from Office 2000
>> Professional SR-1 and then just the graphics filters but nothing has worked.
>>
>> I've done this repeatedly to no avail.  I've reinstalled Office 2000
>> Professional SR-1 and even repaired it which didn't work either.  I've tried
>> changing the properties of my .jpgs to open with a different program but that
>> didn't work and I've also gone to control panels, display, settings,
>> advanced, troubleshoot and changed it from full to half.  Nothing has worked.
>>
>> I am able to insert clip art by double clicking on the 'generic' clip art
>> that's in the template and choosing one that I'd prefer in that spot and it
>> works but what I really need are pictures from file.
>>
>> In Publisher, I  also tried getting the picture box, go to insert, object,
>> browse, and double click on a jpg icon but all that is inserted into
>> publisher is the icon.  When I double click on the icon in publisher, my
>> picture actually opens in a separate window but not in the newsletter.  Am I
>> getting any closer with that try?
>>
>> My deadline is creeping ever closer and I'm starting to panic.  Is there
>> another graphics converter that I should download or some other way to solve
>> this?
>>
>> I prefer to use the Publisher templates but if I can't get this figured out
>> may have to switch to the Word templates because I can insert my jpgs into
>> those word templates.  Thanks for your time.

0
gsauer (5094)
6/10/2005 8:35:50 AM
Hi Mary.  These pictures that I'm trying to insert are saved on my computer
from cameras.  They've been emailed to me from other people to be used in the
newsletter.  I am not trying to download pictures from the internet.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> [...]
> >> that's in the template and choosing one that I'd prefer in that spot and it
> >> works but what I really need are pictures from file.
> >>
> >> In Publisher, I  also tried getting the picture box, go to insert, object,
> >> browse, and double click on a jpg icon but all that is inserted into
> >> publisher is the icon.  When I double click on the icon in publisher, my
> >> picture actually opens in a separate window but not in the newsletter.  Am I
> >> getting any closer with that try?
> >>
> >> My deadline is creeping ever closer and I'm starting to panic.  Is there
> >> another graphics converter that I should download or some other way to solve
> >> this?
> >>
> >> I prefer to use the Publisher templates but if I can't get this figured out
> >> may have to switch to the Word templates because I can insert my jpgs into
> >> those word templates.  Thanks for your time.

How big are the files?
What format are they in?
If  you converted the format to something else...how did  you do that?
Can you open the original images in your image editor?

> Hi Mary.  These pictures that I'm trying to insert are saved on my =
computer=20
> from cameras.  They've been emailed to me from other people to be used =
in the=20
> newsletter.  I am not trying to download pictures from the internet.
>=20
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>=20
> > Are you inserting from the Internet? You cache could be full, in =
Internet Explorer,=20
> > tools, Internet Options, delete files.
> > Publisher 2000 will balk if the image is at too high a resolution or =
very large.=20
> > Publisher 2000 does not support compression; using the autoshape =
fill, the picture is=20
> > resized to fit.
> > You receive a "Publisher cannot complete the operation" error =
message when you import=20
> > pictures in Publisher 2000
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;218675
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > --=20
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > "csklareski" <csklareski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =

> > >I just followed microsoft.com's instructions for inserting a =
picture into an
> > > autoshape.  Insert, picture, new drawing, choose your desired =
shape and drag
> > > your mouse to desired shape then double click on the shape, colors =
and lines,
> > > fill as picture, browse, find picture.  Doing all this allows me =
to insert my
> > > pictures (jpgs) so why can't I just do a straight insert, picture =
from file?
> > > Why won't it recognize the format of my pictures?  Help!

I get the
Programs >
Features". Then be

I've tried

Is there

> >=20
> >=20

0
webmaster911 (1600)
6/10/2005 2:30:32 PM
The files are on average 2.44 MB and are .jpegs.  They were jpegs when they
were emailed to me, I haven't converted them into anything.  I downloaded
them from my email (should I still empty my internet cache like Mary
suggested?) and saved them into my newsletter folder.  I can open these
pictures in a program called Imaging.

My husband did download a service pack for Office 2000 but that didn't help
either.  I still can't insert the pictures into a picture frame tool.  I can
only use the pictures are fill in an autoshape which I would rather not do.
Help.

"Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:

> How big are the files?
> What format are they in?
> If  you converted the format to something else...how did  you do that?
> Can you open the original images in your image editor?
>

> "csklareski" <csklareski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C37FB9BE-DDF9-47AD-AFB3-551391E20590@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Mary.  These pictures that I'm trying to insert are saved on my computer
> > from cameras.  They've been emailed to me from other people to be used in the
> > newsletter.  I am not trying to download pictures from the internet.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you inserting from the Internet? You cache could be full, in Internet Explorer,
> > > tools, Internet Options, delete files.
> > > Publisher 2000 will balk if the image is at too high a resolution or very large.
> > > Publisher 2000 does not support compression; using the autoshape fill, the picture is
> > > resized to fit.
> > > You receive a "Publisher cannot complete the operation" error message when you import
> > > pictures in Publisher 2000
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;218675
> > >

> > > --
> > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > > "csklareski" <csklareski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I did try Help, Detect and Repair, as you suggested with no luck.  My husband
downloaded a service pack for Office 2000 to no avail either.  Any other
suggestions?

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> csklareski <csklareski@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > I've gone in and chosen to update all from
> > Office 2000 Professional SR-1 and then just the graphics filters but
> > nothing has worked.
>
> a) Have you tried Help > Detect and Repair?
> b) Have you installed SP3 for Office 2000 from http://office.microsoft.com?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Does this issue exist with all .jpgs or just
the particular ones you copied from e-mail
messages?

If you open one of the offending images in
a graphics editor (MS Paint for example)
and go to...File / Save As / .jpg. Give the file
a new name and click save. Does the issue
still occur if you insert the smaller file in a
Pub2000 project?

What happens if you copy the image at the
following link to your hard drive and then
attempt to insert it into Pub2000...do you
encounter the same problem?
http://tinyurl.com/cttm8

Is it possible that the following articles
would offer something new:

(899726) Issues that you may experience when
you work with an .art file in an Office document
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=899726

(326675) "No Preview Available" and "File
Format Is Not Supported" Error Messages
Occur When You Try to View Graphic Files
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326675

If the problem still persists, you are welcome
to send one of the images in question to the
following address and I'll try to insert it in a
Pub2000 project.

pianopartsAThotmailDOTcom

--

John Inzer

>I did try Help, Detect and Repair, as you suggested with no luck.  My
>husband
> downloaded a service pack for Office 2000 to no avail either.  Any other
> suggestions?
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> csklareski <csklareski@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
>> heard to utter:
>> > I've gone in and chosen to update all from
>> > Office 2000 Professional SR-1 and then just the graphics filters but
>> > nothing has worked.
>>
>> a) Have you tried Help > Detect and Repair?
>> b) Have you installed SP3 for Office 2000 from
>> http://office.microsoft.com?
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
oobie (2069)
6/11/2005 2:43:14 AM
csklareski <csklareski@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> The files are on average 2.44 MB and are .jpegs.

A 2.4MB JPEG is a LARGE file.
Publisher 2000 decompresses all images on import to uncompressed BMPs, and
is unable to import any files larger than 16MB decompressed.

I would suggest using IrfanView to resize your images to a smaller size, or
if the resolution is important, splitting the image into multiple parts,
each below 16MB when saved as BMPs.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Converting Access 2000 .mdb file to XML
How would I go about converting a .mdb file in Access 2000 to XML. Are there any easy ways to do this? access 2003 to access 2007 have a xml export built in. With access 2000, you have to write code to produce the "mark-up" language. you could also consider using some of the XML libraries available. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms760399.aspx If you not into writing code, then the above will not be a whole lot of help. access 2000 was out a long time ago...much before anyone was talking about, or useing xml. However, you can roll your own export,... -- Albert D. ...

Receipting Function Has Stopped Working
I work for a large organisation uses Microsoft Office 97. Included is Outlook. I always use the receipt function, and occasionally, the delivery function. Recently, I have found that the receipting function no longer works although the delivery function continues to work. One or two of my colleagues supect that the receipting function might not work for them on occasions. When we sent test e-mails, however, we found the function always worked for everybody else but never for my e-mails. Any clues? ...

How to copy the work sheets from different workbooks into one?
Hi, I have a 30 work books and each book has 5 sheets. I want to copy the first sheet from each work book to a single work book 'A', so that work book 'A' will have 30 sheets . Manually it takes time as I need to copy hundreds of work sheets... Can you please help me ? Thanks, Sesh Try this example Sesh http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Sesh" <Sesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65361533-B4A0-4F0B-A99A-216478BC1375@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a 30 work books and each book ...

Disappearing graphics
I'm running MS Publisher 97 under WinXP Home. Recently I discovered that inserted graphics (.WMF) had simply disappeared from one of the pages. No frame, no placekeeper, nothing. Has anyone else experienced this? It keeps repeating. Vel See if this solves it, view, picture display, detailed display. If this isn't the answer maybe you are due for an updated video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Vel Turner" <twoturners@tiagris.com> wrote in message news:eRBsQ$4fDHA.1752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm r...

MAC users can't get website links to work
I've been using Microsoft Publisher for years to publish websites. Recently switched to Publisher 2003, and now all the Mac users are complaining they can't get the links to work. What's up? Pub 2003 uses a different coding engine and the code does not have good cross browser support. If you still have your old version of Publisher, reinstall it beside 2003 and use it for your websites. For follow up questions about web building with Publisher: microsoft.public.publisher.web.webdesign and post the URL. DavidF "miguel formerly michael" <miguel formerly mic...

Graphic template Excel 1997
Hi, I have some template of Graphic in an Excel file. I have a workbook with the graphic, one with the data and one with some constant (Contain the information about the legend and stuff like this) . When I modify the data of the constant, the layout of the graphic change. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks, ...

Worksheet_Activate not working for multiple cells
So I have a macro that runs when Sheet1 is opened that resizes cells in my selected ranges. Unfortunately, it only seems to resize the first cell in the range and not the others ... any ideas? Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Dim myCell As Range For Each myCell In Me.Range("b1:b3", "b5:b8").Cells myCell.Select Dim CurrentRowHeight As Single, MergedCellRgWidth As Single Dim CurrCell As Range Dim ActiveCellWidth As Single, PossNewRowHeight As Single If ActiveCell.MergeCells Then With ActiveCell.MergeArea If .Rows.Count = 1 And .WrapText = True...

Graphics
I have a Toshiba laptop and the screen is constantly fluttering.The desktop icons flutter. I can't watch movies because of it. I would think it has to do with graphics but I don't know. I have Intel Graphics Mobile Chipset and according to their website the driver is updated. Any suggestions on what might be the cause? I tried restoring to an earlier date but no restoral point prior to the problem exists. On 5/19/2010 11:41 AM, Connie wrote: > I have a Toshiba laptop and the screen is constantly fluttering.The > desktop icons flutter. I can't watch movies be...

Help with SUMPRODUCT & converting date to value
I have the following Excel calculation, shown below. It is searching cells A6:A1000 on various sheets for data which fall between a certain date/period range, and is then adding the values in cells L6:L1000 together to display on the summary. The problem I have is that the data in ranges L6:L1000 are supposed to be Dates, but the only way i can return a value without an error is to use a number (e.g. of 1) instead. How can I use Dates within cells L6:L1000, and still return the same totals? Many thanks in advance for any tips you can offer! =SUMPRODUCT((Office!L6:L1000)*(O...

access 03 converted file size
I am migrating from Access 97 to Access 2003. I converted an access 97 file to Access 03 db. the size of the Access 97 file was 7,778KB where as the converted access 03 file size was 2,736KB. When I compared with a db comparision tool for the differences b/n the two db's, it showed a difference in table structure of memo field and unicode compression. My question is: Is the reduced size in the Access 03 file due to unicode compression or due to some other reason. Please some one clarify. What is the reason for the difference in the size of the converted db's. How do I make su...

convert a date
I have a field Trans date with different formats, some are DD/MM/YYYY and some are DD/MM/YYYY/HH/MM/SS. I want to use the Between begin date and End date. How do I convert all the date to the format DD/MM/YYYY/HH/MM/SS Please help. pon Formatting has nothing to do with how the data are stored. It only presents the data in the specified format. It is possible some of your records may have date and time and others only time. It should not be that way, but it is. If you are trying to compare on date only when there may be time in the field, you can format the values in the query so you ...

Rules Work Sporadically
I use an email classification tool (POPfile . . . getpopfile.org) that marks each email header using X-Text-Classification. I then set up rules in Outlook to recognize the header text and move the email to the proper folder. Here is the problem: sometimes Outlook places the email into the correct folder and sometimes it just lets the email pass through into the default folder even though the header reflects the proper X-Text-Classification. Does anyone have any idea why this rule would only work sporadically? Thanks. ...

difference between Graphics::DrawImage() and Graphics::DrawCachedBitmap().
hi friends, i want to the difference between Graphics::DrawImage() and Graphics::DrawCachedBitmap(). i mean how the performance in DrawCachedBitmap() is improved? DrawCachedBitmap should be analaogous to drawing with DDB in GDI. and DrawImage should be analogous to drawing in DIB in GDI. DDB is in the device format but DIB is in the device independent format. So there would involve the device translation everytime you draw with DIB. You an speeden that by caching in the device format and using the cached bitmap to draw in future. -- Vipin Aravind "priya" <priyanka.khedekar@g...

microsoft outlook no longer working
I can't run outlook anymore for some strange reason When I try to it says outlook can't open the file containing the folders used to send and receive email messages and goes on to a screen asking for me to create a new personal folder or open the existing one when I try those options it doesn't work please help Thanks O o <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't run outlook anymore for some strange reason > When I try to it says outlook can't open the file > containing the folders used to send and receive email > messages and goes on to...

html graphics
Outlook 2000 Exchange 2003 Windows 2000 Pro Windows 2003 Server I cannot view the graphics on an html email. I was able to temprary correct this by Tools>Options>Security>Zone Setting>Custom Level and enabling the File download. I do not particularly care for this fix as I do not want to have file download option enabled for my email client. Is there another fix? Thank you Penny ...

"Automatic Configuration of Access has failed" 2007 was working fi
I download the office 2007 trial suite and installed no problem. Been working on an Access/Excel project for the last 2 weeks. Tonight I closed access and tried to run it again. The installation screen started, failed and then i got the following message: "Automatic Configuration of the current version of Microsoft Office Access has failed. Your database might not function correctly. This can occur if you do not have the necessary permissions to install Microsoft Access on this computer" I did have access 2003 open while I was copying vba code over from a prior ...

Setting up "send as" capability not working
I've followed Microsoft's directions for granting "send as" capability to a user (from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/2be26cb6-acb7-4169-b5d4-66fa14da6d0c.mspx) on Exchange 2003, but it doesn't work. I thought maybe it had to do with server replication, but waiting it out didn't work. I went so far as to grant FULL right using AD > Exchange Advanced tab > Mailbox rights AND AD > Security tab, and even with all those rights the user still got the error about not having permission "to send the message...

converting from 2003
We recently started using Excel 2007. Most of our Excel 2003 files were saved with a .wks extention. Is they any way to perform a bulk conversion of these files to .xlxs extention that is used by Excel 2007? Hi Fred See the last section on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007filesin2003.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC803EC7-C4D9-4F7C-A75E-15CCDFA13B95@microsoft.com... > We recently started using Excel 2007. Most of our Excel 2003 files were saved > with a .wks e...

After 98 to XP upgrade outlook won't work
I just upgraded my mother-in-laws computer from 98 to XP and now when I click on mail it starts up an installing window and asks to insert the Microsoft Office 2000 Premium disk and says missing omint.dll file. Did you insert the CD and browse to the file?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Russell asked: | I just upgraded my mother-in-laws computer f...

About lineal graphic
Hello, I want to create a lineal graphic, but when there are not all the values of the table of values, it does not paint the complete lines, but only the consecutive points of measurement. One cannot paint a line from one value to other skipping one or two columns of for way? Example: |A|1|2|3|4| |B|1| |3|7| |C|1|3|4|5| The 'B' should paint a line from the value 1 to the value 3 and from value 3 to 7, but only one marks me the value and later a line of the value 3 to the value 7. How can I paint her does it complete? Thank you. Hi, Select the chart and then use the menu...

Flash Player Will Not Work With UAC Turned Off
For the better part of a year I have had to keep UAC turned off to allow flash player to work. I would prefer to keep UAC turned on to enable Internet Protected Mode. I have searched the net far and wide including Adobe's "fix" for the problem to no avail. I am hoping someone out there has encountered the same problem and can shed some light on my situation. I am on Vista Home Premium 32 Bit, Explorer 8 version 8.0.6001.18904, Flash Player 10.0.45.2 Any light you can shed on my situation would be greatly appreciated as I am considering switching to another brow...

Insert & link a graphic file in Excel 2003 --> updatable pictures!
I want to insert a graphic or a picture, it should be visible in Excel, but linked with the file, so that when the file content changes, it is changed in Excel too! I have charts in png-format as automated outputs of a statistics application. The file names are constant, but every month the content of the file is different. Because the application produces new charts and saves them under the same filename. The links were updated automatically in Excel sheets with the XP version of Office. It was also possible to insert the pictures as linked object in the earlier version. What happened...

Can a Works spreadsheet be password protected?
I've looked in every menu and tried the help function in MS Works and cannot find a way to password protect a spreadsheet. It is possible to password protect an MS Works spreadsheet? I don't believe so, but you would be better served in the MS Works news group. http://aumha.org/nntp.htm For a full list of MS Public News Groups Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 May 2006 10:19:02 -0700, bucksguy14 <bucksguy14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've looked in every menu and tried the help function in MS Works and cannot >find a way to password protect a spreadshe...

Converting Minutes to hours and mintues
My question is say i have a number representing minutes how do i convert it to hours and minutes eg/ 140 minutes = 2h20m or something similar, cheers in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Easiest way is to convert to Excel time value (decimal fraction of a day) =minutes/24/60 and format as time. Format|Cells|Number|Custom and enter either [h]:mm or if you want it to appear exactly as "2h20m", then use [h]"h"mm"m" Jerry Branagan1985 < wrote: > My question is > > say i have a number representing minutes > how...

linked graphics moved file and graphics
I moved my large pub file along with the graphics to a new location on my computer. How do you tell publisher to look in another place for all of the graphics. When I open it now, I have to go and look for each graphic and create the link again. Using 2003, however maybe using 2007, so if there is a fix for either would like to know it. Tools, Options, General tab... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ap1971" <ap1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D5B5AE8-5794-4228-9A78-E5DD3D1293EA@microsoft.com... >I moved my large pub file along with ...