Graphics and pics don't show in Publisher

I have a Publisher document that I put graphics and pictures in and they show
fine on every machine I use but one.  I cannot see the grahics items although
they are there.

Anyone know what setting could possible be wrong?  I don't see the lines
around the box, the grahpic itself, but it is there and prints.

Patrick

0
PatrickW (2)

Read the third FAQ here:

Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication?
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"PatrickW" <PatrickW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Publisher document that I put graphics and pictures in and they show
> fine on every machine I use but one.  I cannot see the grahics items although
> they are there.
>
> Anyone know what setting could possible be wrong?  I don't see the lines
> around the box, the grahpic itself, but it is there and prints.
>
> Patrick

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/1/2007 2:14:05 PM
PatrickW wrote:
> I have a Publisher document that I put graphics and pictures in and
> they show fine on every machine I use but one.  I cannot see the
> grahics items although they are there.
>
> Anyone know what setting could possible be wrong?  I don't see the
> lines around the box, the grahpic itself, but it is there and prints.
>
> Patrick
==========================
Have a look at the following site:

(Read the third FAQ)

Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/
lines when editing my publication?
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
        John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

Showing Specific Data from Master Sheet to Another Sheet
I am making a bill of materials at work and have a master list I want to access from other sheets. The master list has all parts named and categorized, and I want to be able to access sections (Hydraulics, Chassis, Electrical, etc.) of the master from other sheets. I have tried pivottables but I am having issues showing the data in it original form: Part Name Quantity Material Expense Category etc. (accross the row) I wish to be able to make calculations only off the selected data on each sheet but I am having immense problems getting there. If you can help. Parker Jo...

Activities don't show up until we hit the refresh button
Hello all, We upgraded from 3 to 4 and it appears that the upgrade did not complete successfuly, but the users used the system. Everything appears to be working well except for a couple of strange things like when we create an activity the activity does not appear until we hit the Refresh button, going to history and coming back does not fix the issue, only the refresh button any quick fix on this one? thanks ...

Emailing from Publisher #3
A friend has OFFICE 2003. Outlook and Publisher are both 2003. BEFORE I cleaned up temp files, she was able to "Send Page As Message" in Publisher. Now, she gets "Publisher cannot mail your publication because part of the mail system is missing..." All I did was delete temp files ("C:\documents and settings\[username]\local settings\temp" and "C:\windows\temp"), and run "ccleaner". I've put off the "reinstall your mail program" suggestion from the error message as I don't know if she can find the install CD... Is there any ...

SBS 2008 Fax Sent Items Not showing all faxes sent
Hello, I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP and Windows 7 64bit client machines. Currently they can only see their sent faxes. In SBS 2003 they were able to see all sent faxes. Any suggestions? Could you create an Outlook rule based on the fax sent acknowledgement that copied the fax to a public folder? "RodSoh" <RodSoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4541A0E-18C2-4A83-A13D-8E7D045C29E8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP...

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

How do I send newslette in email without showing the publisher too
When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, it takes you to the publisher program page where I built it. How can I send a "finished" newsletter out? As a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lifefire" <Lifefire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E8B0FB-B033-4393-8F27-DFAAA6DD37A5@microsoft.com... > When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, > it > takes you to the publisher program page w...

publisher 97 #10
I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened and saved it in Publisher 2002 on a different computer(using server). Now I can't access it through 97. Is there a way to do this? Can't save as, as the files of type don't say 97. Maybe they were the same as Publisher 98 files. Worth a try. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0B451AE-ACF2-449B-8F11-4F0C16297A12@microsoft.com... > I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened > and saved it in P...

Balances don't show when reconciling
I just upgraded to Money 2004 and the totals dollar value of debits and credits cleared no longer shows. Instead, this line shows: "The difference between your statement and register is:" along with the difference. I want to know the dollar value of debits and credits I have cleared so far and compare that with the bank statement. Somebody at Microsoft thought this was an "improvement" compared to the way they presented the data in M03 and earlier. It's probably something that came out of the usability lab after they took their great grandmother in to see if ...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

How do I get a copy of Publisher 2002?
I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my computer and don't want to upgrade to XP right at this time. Other than ordering off of e-bay or other sites I'm not familiar with, is it possible to get a copy of Publisher 2002 that would be compatible with Windows 98? Amazon.com -- Don Vancouver, USA "Crystal1365" <Crystal1365@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33518C70-6D02-4E03-B9C2-2C1FDEEB4A68@microsoft.com... > I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my > computer and don...

In-Line Graphics in Pub2002
I have a group of several objects that I want to float with text. The option to do this is grayed out when the objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and float them separately. Is there any way around this? Thx Hi SLS (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a group of several objects that I want to float || with text. The option to do this is grayed out when the || objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and || float them separately. Is there any way around this? You could group the objects, Right Click on the group of ob...

Some contacts don't show on drop down box when addressing email
I was using Outlook Express, my computer motherboard died, got new computer with Windows 7, trying to learn Outlook 2003. The computer tech from my husband's office put Outlook 2003 on the new computer and somehow transferred the addresses that I had in Outlook Express. I do not know what method he used to get the addresses into Outlook 2003. Some things carried over just fine, some things didn't, i.e. a group list of my subdivision property owners, so I had to re-make that distribution list. When I want to email my daughter, her name or email address is not s...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...

Signatures not showing up in email
I have signtures setup and selected in Outlook 2003 and format set to HTML yet they don't show up on the email when I select new. Any ideas on what I'm missing? Are you using Word as the editor? If yes, you must define a signature in Word and then your other signatures will be available via the right click context menu. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: KMW <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I have signtures setup and selected in Outlook 2003 an...

Fractions showing up as decimals
I have a spreadsheet with columns of fractions, but when you select a cell the function bar shows a decimal instead and when you save as text file it saves as decimal instead of fraction. Could someone please tell me how to make it show as a fraction in the function bar? I have tried formatting the cell as fraction and it does not work that way Dani Dani Formatting a number as a fraction like 1/2 or 1/5 is strictly for appearance on the sheet. The underlying value is still .5 or .2 The formula bar shows that number and when you save as text file, that is the number that gets saved, n...

Defaults in Publisher 2003
Is there a way of changing defaults in Publisher 2003. Specifically I want to: * set default measurement unit to centimeters * set default border of a text box to black line, .75 pt * set Tools menu>Commercial Printing Tools>Fonts so that TrueType fonts are always embedded. Many thanks Chris ...

Publisher Mail merge #2
Trying to inport a file from Excel2000 into Publisher( 2000) for a mail merge. Once I choose the correct file it keeps telling me that the named range is invalid. What does this mean and how do I name it? If you told us what version of Windows you were using it would have been a great help. Do a SAVE AS in Excel to CSV (Comma Separated Values) and use that file to merge with Publisher. Also go to www.microsoft.com/data and update your MDAC components -- If you told us what version of Windows you were using it would have been a great help. Do a SAVE AS in Excel to CSV (Comma Separ...

Re: is MS Publisher compatible with Word?
<<Can you use Word to edit Publisher files?>> No. Mac Townsend Adcom Graphics, Fairfield, C A www.adcomgraphics.com Powered by the E-mail PIM - Info Select - www.miclog.com ...

Published pivot tables, with interactivity, only work once
I am using Office 2000 & Windows 2000. I publish a pivot table, with "interactivity", to a server via a mapped drive. If I ask, when I Publish, that it 'show in browser', all is OK, but that is about all that seems to work. I have tried both extracting directly from an Access database and building & saving a cube, then working from that. I have saved the various elements both on the client PC & the Web server. I have even done the whole thing on the server. All very confusing & I cannot really identify the root problem, but the 2 main issues whe...

Copying file from publisher & excel into website template
I volunteer for a learning school for disabled kids and need help! I have a file-literature piece-front & back covers that I'm trying to clip & paste into a website template.When I copy it, I paste only single boxes-publisher will not allow me to clip the entire page????? Also, how do you copy excel files into website templates? anyone know how to transfer the whole page w/backgrd? You can go to Edit > Select All, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the "group" icon, copy and then paste into the other document. As per the background, don't use a maste...

Copying in Publisher
Hello, I am trying to combine several publisher and word files into one large publisher document. For the single publisher files I am just trying to copy the content from the single file to the larger file, but I am having a lot of trouble. The content that I copy from the small file is not pasted correctly in the larger file. The colors are completely different (green is pasted as blue, beige is pasted as orange) and all of the text boxes keep their size but the font is changed. Also it seems like some of the text boxes are linked together across multiple pages. For example, if I...

publisher #54
i have designed a flyer in publisher & need to format it so when it is sent as an e-flyer, it is protected & can't be changed ?? How about making a gif image and insert that into your e-mail. -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "gwendoline" <gwendoline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC12D43D-5C30-4974-9A42-323B17AAACBB@microsoft.com... >i have designed a flyer in publisher & need to format it so when it is sent > as an e-flyer, it is protected & can't be changed ?? Use .pdf. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~...

What's the best format for pictures used in Publisher?
This thread suggests PNG is the preferred format: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.prepress&tid=a70b836f-f21b-44c1-a361-66ba89766785&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1 What's the best format? 1. TIFF 2. PNG 3. JPG Also, is it better to LINK the picture or EMBED the picture? Mr. Analogy wrote: > What's the best format? > 1. TIFF > 2. PNG > 3. JPG PNG is best for non-photographic data or data that need to be modified many times. JPEG is a good format for photographic data that is not modified...

Scroll Bar not showing in view
I must admit that I find scroll bars confusing. The docs seem straightforward, but I must be missing some fundamental points. I hope you can help. First, scroll bars can be part of the frame or the view. I have 3 views. One needs 2 scroll bars and two need only 1. So I decided to create the scroll bars in the views. Also, when I put them in the frame they were visible, but the horizontal scroll bar was BELOW the status bar. Here is my code. Thanks for any help you can give. Rick Lee BOOL CDayView::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call t...

Reminders Window Does Not Show Tasks
Hello. I have been running Outlook 2003 for a while and all has been well. I just synchronized with my Palm and all of my Tasks are still in the folder and I can interact with them fine, but they do not show up in the reminders window. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the "backup" tasks folder that PocketMirror creates. In any case, I do not have HotSync or any Palm or PocketMirror software running on my computer now. The issue is with Outlook -- how can I get the tasks to show in the Reminders Window? Thanks, Tony I removed the Tasks folder created by Po...